Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heart attack 20:29 - Feb 4 with 4269 viewsJacksDad

Had a cardiac ct in November which showed 2 small and 1 moderate blockage, only 47 .... Since Xmas everything has deteriorated quickly ... Had a minor heart attack in January and now am waiting on a angiogram in Wycombe next Tuesday ... Will admit to getting quite twitchy now ... Bad case of the what ifs .. Anyone else been through this ?
Heart attack on 20:41 - Feb 4 with 3438 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No mate, but I hope everything goes ok.
Heart attack on 20:47 - Feb 4 with 3422 viewsjamois

Get your homocysteine checked, it's likely to be a significant factor if you're having troubles at that age. Go and see a 'functional medicine' doctor who will look at root cause and get some genetic testing done while they're at it. I wish you the very best and good fortune for Tuesday.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Heart attack on 20:49 - Feb 4 with 3408 viewsSmithyqpr

Haven't been through it myself , but my mum has under gone heart surgery over the years . NHS have been brilliant and the treatment these days is amazing. She's had "stencils" put in and 3 years later she's in fine form ...... lucky for her she is in a good NHS area , hope you get the same care.

U R'ssssssss
Heart attack on 20:52 - Feb 4 with 3401 viewsHollowayRanger

no but im a unhealthy eating unfit 47

good luck

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Heart attack on 20:58 - Feb 4 with 3382 viewsbosh67

47 is quite young. Any history in the family? FYI the cardiac centre services unit at Luton and Dunstable is one of the most advanced in the country. It may be an idea if you feel you need it to ask if surgery could be done at that unit. 01582 718658. They are excellent. I was diagnosed at 47 with reduced blood flow to the heart and I was going to have a pace maker. To cut a long story short the surgeons at the last minute ran more tests and found out it had something to do with a nerve in my neck, so they are properly thorough and I had something else done to help me. Ask your Wycombe unit about the L&D Cardiac clinic and see what they think. Worth asking. Best of luck but the surgery these days is so high tech they'll have you up and at it in no time. Main thing is to stay positive. These cardiac units are brilliant and you are young enough to recover from most things.

Hard to believe that Luton and Dunstable has one of the best heart units in the country. We also have the best burns unit as well. It's because we are near an airport and it is incase of a major plane crash. Although to be honest there are areas around here where you're not exactly sure there hasn't been one already.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2016 21:01]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Heart attack on 21:19 - Feb 4 with 3298 viewsTrom

Not a heart attack but late last year I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I'd only gone for a PSA check because of a family history. My Dad has it and his father died of it.

PSA came back slightly high but not massive. I was sent for a MRI and biopsy and they found a tumor. Luckily it was local to the prostate and had not spread. So I ended up have a prostatectomy (removal of the prostate). Luckily I have kids already as the chances of having them naturally post op are zero.

The positives are that I'm cancer free, touch wood. Just gone back to work and the Wolves home game was my first back post op (didn't appear to miss much).

What I would say Jack's Dad is do your research on the internet as much as possible. The more information you have the better questions you can ask of your doctors and the more in control you feel.

Also if any of the other LoftForWords posters read this if you have any kind of family history with prostate cancer go get a PSA check. It has saved my life although the dream of a bukkae orgy have had to be laid to rest. 1 in 8 males develop prostate cancer and if you have a direct relative (father, brother) it's 80%! I had no symptoms and the surgeon said if you do it's probably too late to cure it.

Sorry Jack'sDad for hijacking your thread. I wish you the best in any future treatment. I thought maybe hearing your not alone in having unexpected health problem at a relatively young age might be of some comfort.
Heart attack on 21:51 - Feb 4 with 3221 viewsBrightonhoop

Think the NHS are brilliant on this, my Dad had two major attacks near his 80th and is still going very strong. Unusual at 47 but you're in good hands and I wish you all good fortune and luck, I suspect most of us would be a bit twitchy, you're only human. More than young enough to bounce back. Good luck
Heart attack on 21:57 - Feb 4 with 3206 viewsessextaxiboy

Best wishes for Tues Jacks Dad
Login to get fewer ads

Heart attack on 22:12 - Feb 4 with 3169 viewsBklynRanger

Heart attack on 21:57 - Feb 4 by essextaxiboy

Best wishes for Tues Jacks Dad

Same here. Best of luck JD.
Heart attack on 22:15 - Feb 4 with 3161 viewsoddball

i had heart problems about two years ago aged 50. rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack.they did the 12hr test to see if id had a heart attack and luckily for me came back negative.so they kept me in northampton general for 4 days and did every test imaginable including the angiagram where they pump dye through the arteries to see if a blockage might be causing problems you get to see everything on a big screen as there performing the procedure.the angiogram is nothing to worry about just a warm sensation in the chest area as the dye flows through. if they do find a problem ie a narrowing of an artery they just fire in a stent to open it back up.i wish you all the best my friend.
Heart attack on 22:25 - Feb 4 with 3137 viewswestberksr

Same age as you mate and reaching the point that this shit starts to make you think.

Have a similar aged cousin who has had to go for a triple bypass, never drank or smoked so can't really work out why.

Good luck and a speedy recovery. Personally I blame QPR (for everything)!
Heart attack on 23:00 - Feb 4 with 3075 viewsbosh67

Heart attack on 22:25 - Feb 4 by westberksr

Same age as you mate and reaching the point that this shit starts to make you think.

Have a similar aged cousin who has had to go for a triple bypass, never drank or smoked so can't really work out why.

Good luck and a speedy recovery. Personally I blame QPR (for everything)!

Yes, I don't think QPR helps.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Heart attack on 23:21 - Feb 4 with 3039 viewsSimonJames

Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Heart attack on 23:31 - Feb 4 with 3021 viewsLblock

Many of you wont know John Walsh, in fact I didn't know him that well myself

John played for the reserves in our football club, loved the Rangers and in our younger days loved "getting out on it"
John passed away about three weeks back at the nothing age of 43 odd years old. It was apparently due to some form of heart condition but Unknown and Unexplained.
It makes you think. I've been hot sweaty and fcukd on the same dance floors as John and if nothing else I say he enjoyed himself.
So..... Not going to post The Specials "Enjoy Yourself" again this week but just to say FFS, we ain't here forever so get yerself to the Adelaide on Saturday and let me buy you a beer!!!!!

John Walsh R.I.P

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Heart attack on 23:36 - Feb 4 with 3005 viewsPunteR

Keep your chin up jacksdad, best of luck to you. I'm 40 this year so I'm starting to feel I need an MOT soon.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Heart attack on 23:46 - Feb 4 with 2996 views1BobbyHazell

My stepdad has had serious issues for a long time and he's still going strong in his mid 70's working and playing golf!!

All I can tell you Jacksdad is that the NHS is absolutely amazing, they have so many treatment options, you're in fantastic hands.

All the best.
Heart attack on 00:00 - Feb 5 with 2983 viewsnix

I can imagine this is really worrying but the important thing is they've caught it before any serious damage done. My father-in-law was apparently days from a major heart attack according to his surgeon and probably death and ended up with a triple bypass and still going very strong twelve years later.

He has become much fitter and healthier though - walking everywhere and eating less fatty and sugary foods.

Wishing you well and keep persevering til you get a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
Heart attack on 00:30 - Feb 5 with 2955 viewsWilloW4

Heart attack on 23:21 - Feb 4 by SimonJames

Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

That's it in a nutshell.. Good luck .and all the best.👍.
Heart attack on 05:05 - Feb 5 with 2890 viewsisawqpratwcity

Don't ignore symptoms, anybody, if you're not sure, get medical help.

All the best, JD
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 5:09]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Heart attack on 06:30 - Feb 5 with 2847 viewsFDC

Yes as others have said, it seems that addressing these things early on is a massive advantage, so there's that and knowing you're in good hands. Good luck to you JacksDad, and here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
Heart attack on 08:07 - Feb 5 with 2766 viewsJacksDad

Thanks everyone , really kind words , makes me proud to be a ranger ... Although I agree it doesn't help my dicky ticker. History of familial hypercholestria which don't help but not drunk in ten years or smoked in eight years which does. Rough night but seeing this thread this morning has bucked me right up .. So once again thank you
Heart attack on 08:09 - Feb 5 with 2763 viewsWokingR

Good luck Jacksdad

Might be worth you looking up the latest series of "Trust me I'm a Doctor" on the BBC IPlayer. There was an episode about heart disease and the benefits of olive oil. They don't yet understand how it works or what it is in it that does it but they showed that 20ml of olive oil a day considerably reverses heart disease in only 2 weeks
Heart attack on 11:52 - Feb 5 with 2645 viewsRSoul

All the best in your fight. I am 36, but having the double family curse of heart problems and being a R, I am expecting all this very shortly.
Heart attack on 12:40 - Feb 5 with 2600 viewsrunningman75

I presume you are taking medication Jack. Good luck and if in doubt speak to your GP. I take a statin due to family Hypercholesterolemia and think there is a lot more cardiac expertise out there.
Heart attack on 12:56 - Feb 5 with 2574 viewsBromleyR

Hi JacksDad. I had a heart attack in November 2012 aged 46. It was around the time Mark Hughes left, so I blamed him for that too. I had an emergency angioplasty due to one completely blocked artery and an elective one six weeks later as two more were 80% blocked. Have 3 stents fitted now. I found the procedures fine and I am not very brave when it comes to that sort of thing. The whole thing messed with my mind more than my body, I think. Hope that reassures and good luck next Tuesday!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024