Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White 22:56 - Feb 4 with 3717 viewsbosh67

Earth Wind and Fire's Maurice White has died at 74. Had Parkinsons for a very long time.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/02/04/maurice-white-earth-wind-and-fire-dead/#ixzz3zF6xp

Only wind and fire left now.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 23:17 - Feb 4 with 3686 viewsLblock

J H Christ

RIP

Tomorrows Frankie posts taking a different slant

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 00:35 - Feb 5 with 3623 viewsBrightonhoop

Very sad RIP. It's just hit BBC breaking news. I always check in on LFW to see what's really going on first. Wasn't my sort of music but some songs were infectious. Sad loss.
And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 00:49 - Feb 5 with 3618 viewsWilloW4

RIP..not my music but I understand his influence and he had soul..all the best to his family.
And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 01:32 - Feb 5 with 3602 viewsBoston

As soon as I heard of his demise I was devastated, more so because I hadn't a farkin clue who he was.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 02:32 - Feb 5 with 3587 viewsSonofNorfolt

Very eerie.
EW & F were mentioned in our conversation in the pub earlier, I thought that they may
Become a band, like Chic, due to get trendy again.
90 million album sales, not shabby.
Whether you like them or not, very accommplished, let's hope that Kanye West
Doesn't lead the tributes.

RIP

As one...........
And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 05:31 - Feb 5 with 3558 viewsQPR1882

Best band i have ever seen live , pure entertainment.

R.I.P

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 06:39 - Feb 5 with 3532 viewsDaBurgh

Earth wind and fire provided the sound track for my late teens and twenties, very sad indeed. RIP Maurice...
And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 07:09 - Feb 5 with 3515 viewsjamois

Wow, I was always a bit of a EWF fan. That's The Way Of The World was a top top album. And there I was with the Andros Townsend / Maurice White look-likey thread only last week. The dude was a mega-producer, he put EWF together, must have made a fortune. His spirit will live on in Andros, all sequins and quick shuffles down the wing. RIP.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Login to get fewer ads

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 07:52 - Feb 5 with 3493 viewsDiscodroids

sad news.

Thank you Maurice for those sweeping strings and epic grooves on summer nights in white shirts , at Caister soul weekenders and Lacey Ladies.

Magic.Just Magic.

RIP

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 08:58 - Feb 5 with 3442 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Another with EW&F spinning in and out of the soundtrack of my teens and twenties

Be ever wonderful Maurice.
And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 09:44 - Feb 5 with 3417 viewswestberksr

they only announced a UK gig 3 days ago!

presumably he wasn't planned to be in the line up; maybe Phillip Bailey was planning to sneek his mate Phil Collins in and swap Fantasy out for Easy Lover!

saw then at Wembley about 25 years ago and was actually disappointed as they decided to do about 10 minutes solos each; a tad self indulgent on the night. Still an awesome band and will be digging out the old vinyl for a spin this weekend.

very sad loss, RIP.
And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 10:39 - Feb 5 with 3386 viewsQPRMUSO

Maurice influenced most soul, funk R&B artists to shape that genre, he was pure genius. His music was bold and adventurous compared to most pop songs which are generally very basic, he took pop songs to a new level. The other factor is he also helped elevate other musical geniuses like David Foster who has written more hits than anyone else single handedly.

Even though he retired 15 years ago due to health, his influence was all over the band still.

If you classed eWF as a pop band, they are musically the best band of all time in my view.

Maurice, thank you for bringing the funk to the people. RIP.
And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 12:12 - Feb 5 with 3359 viewswhiffer

Also a huge part of my from late 70's, early 80's. I know a lot of people will dismiss EWF as "disco", but really soulful band pre- All n' All (although I love that album as well). Maurice was a Shining Star and his Spirit will live on.
And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 13:04 - Feb 5 with 3342 viewsHAYESBOY

Very sad to hear. Loved the music and saw then at Wembley Arena in 87.

Not at their height then but still good.

One of my favs.

RIP Maurice (Reece).

Smells like a trout farm in here

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 13:11 - Feb 5 with 3336 viewsBushman

This the real deal

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 21:25 - Feb 5 with 3281 viewsHAYESBOY

Have been listening to my old records that I have of Earth Wind & Fire.

Havent heard this in ages. Top tune.

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 21:32 - Feb 5 with 3273 viewsHAYESBOY

One more.

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 21:53 - Feb 5 with 3263 viewsPommyhoop

Love EWF.
RIP Maurice.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 22:22 - Feb 5 with 3252 viewsKerryE

Someone once said EW&F were the black rolling stones, I guess this was a quote aimed at people who only knew of them after boogie wonderland. In the 70s their fusion of funk jazz African inspired me to listen to so many different genres, thank you Maurice RIP.
Love this track they did with Ramsey Lewis
And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 10:32 - Feb 6 with 3186 viewsDaBurgh

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 22:22 - Feb 5 by KerryE

Someone once said EW&F were the black rolling stones, I guess this was a quote aimed at people who only knew of them after boogie wonderland. In the 70s their fusion of funk jazz African inspired me to listen to so many different genres, thank you Maurice RIP.
Love this track they did with Ramsey Lewis

Yep, exactly how I discovered Ramsey Lewis....
And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 10:52 - Feb 6 with 3175 viewsMonahoop

RIP
But I preferred the footballers disco tribute band, Earth, Windass and Fer!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

And so another one goes! RIP Maurice White on 12:15 - Feb 6 with 3160 viewsPommyhoop

I actually bought 2 EWF albums with pocket money.
I bought a cassette by this lot too..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024