Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He's only gone and done it again... 09:14 - Feb 5 with 3790 viewsMick_S

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35497832

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

He's only gone and done it again... on 09:20 - Feb 5 with 3171 views1BobbyHazell

F*cking hell. I'm all for a bit of pro Leicester stuff but his apoplexy at his team 'failing to score a Watford' is a case of Plasticfanc*nt at its very worst.
He's only gone and done it again... on 09:24 - Feb 5 with 3151 viewsMick_S

Nouveau, BH, nouveau. It's incredible, isn't it?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

He's only gone and done it again... on 09:51 - Feb 5 with 3058 viewseasthertsr

My other half listens to him every lunchtime, I always turn it off or leave the room, what a complete, utter , plastic tosser!
He's only gone and done it again... on 10:10 - Feb 5 with 2986 viewsToast_R

I quite enjoyed the article?
He's only gone and done it again... on 10:21 - Feb 5 with 2943 viewsKonk

He's only gone and done it again... on 09:51 - Feb 5 by easthertsr

My other half listens to him every lunchtime, I always turn it off or leave the room, what a complete, utter , plastic tosser!

"And you will win it because I, and many thousands of others, are secretly willing you to, because it's the closest thing to Roy of the Rovers we've ever seen." said the bloke who, if he'd been paying attention, lived through, amongst other things, Forest getting promoted in 3rd position, winning the league by seven points the following season, and then the European cup in the two next seasons. Which is fairly Roy of the Rovers.

If Jeremy Vine thinks that failing to score against Watford is as desperate as it gets, he really is massive, massive tw at.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

He's only gone and done it again... on 10:23 - Feb 5 with 2935 viewsbob566

He's only gone and done it again... on 10:10 - Feb 5 by Toast_R

I quite enjoyed the article?

if people finished it they would have noticed he went on to point out the polar differnences in budget squads between chelski and Leicester when the teams met. It was a fair article I thought.
He's only gone and done it again... on 10:25 - Feb 5 with 2928 viewspomanjou

He's only gone and done it again... on 09:51 - Feb 5 by easthertsr

He may be all of those things but he got this one right and I enjoyed the article. Roy of the Rovers it is!

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

He's only gone and done it again... on 10:49 - Feb 5 with 2826 viewsQPRDave

He's only gone and done it again... on 10:25 - Feb 5 by pomanjou

He may be all of those things but he got this one right and I enjoyed the article. Roy of the Rovers it is!

Seeing a high proportion of Leicester's goals , I think it's more Wimbledon hoof ball from the 80's than Roy of the Rovers
Login to get fewer ads

He's only gone and done it again... on 11:28 - Feb 5 with 2707 viewsJuzzie

"............a Chelsea season ticket holder for 20 years." Trying to make out he's a long-standing fan but when you actually think about it, that's from 1996. Yeah, really easy to start supporting a team as soon as the £billions pour in.
He's only gone and done it again... on 11:40 - Feb 5 with 2674 viewsToast_R

He's only gone and done it again... on 11:28 - Feb 5 by Juzzie

"............a Chelsea season ticket holder for 20 years." Trying to make out he's a long-standing fan but when you actually think about it, that's from 1996. Yeah, really easy to start supporting a team as soon as the £billions pour in.

Just becasue you have don't a season ticket, surely you can still be a fan?
He's only gone and done it again... on 11:43 - Feb 5 with 2664 viewsRSoul

20years is that all its been, seems so much longer. The joys of my youth, not having to worry about how many trophies, they would win each season. That and they were much rarer creatures, back in the day. Modern life is rubbish.
He's only gone and done it again... on 11:50 - Feb 5 with 2634 viewsJuzzie

He's only gone and done it again... on 11:40 - Feb 5 by Toast_R

Just becasue you have don't a season ticket, surely you can still be a fan?

Of course but that's not what I'm eluding to. Every article I see with him it's stated or he himself has said "I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years" as though he's trying to prove something. I just find it more than a coincidence it's when the money came in.

I got my first season ticket in the 2001/2002 season but had been going regularly for 18 years before that.

I don't feel the need to tell everyone on each of my posts that I've been a season ticket holder for 15 years.
He's only gone and done it again... on 12:29 - Feb 5 with 2536 viewsRs_Holy

Theyve got Jeremy Vine, Jeremy Clarkson, Seb Coe, Suggs, Lovejoy, Jason Cun(t)dy.....We've got Mick Jones, Glenn Matlock, Pete Doherty, Bill Bailey, Ian Gillan, Robert Elms....
...nuff said!
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 16:16]
He's only gone and done it again... on 12:42 - Feb 5 with 2483 viewsMrSheen

He's only gone and done it again... on 11:28 - Feb 5 by Juzzie

To be fair, you woudn't have needed a season ticket before then. You could turn up at 2.55 and have half an acre of weed-infested concrete to yourself.
He's only gone and done it again... on 12:52 - Feb 5 with 2416 viewsBushman

Bradford beating Chelsea was one of the biggest FA cup upsets EVER.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

He's only gone and done it again... on 12:52 - Feb 5 with 2413 viewsCamberleyR

1996 wasn't quite when the billions came pouring in via Abramovich, that was 2003 but 1996 was about the time Uncle Ken started chucking the borrowed money about in an effort to get to the Champion's League, signing players like Di Matteo, Zola and Vialli. In 1996 they still also had Furlong, Peacock and Spencer playing for them (although not for long) as well.

Konk has it spot on, Cloughie taking Forest from 8th in the second division in 1976 to football league and European champions within three years is about as Roy of the Rovers as it gets.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 12:56]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

He's only gone and done it again... on 12:53 - Feb 5 with 2407 viewsBushman

He's only gone and done it again... on 12:42 - Feb 5 by MrSheen

To be fair, you woudn't have needed a season ticket before then. You could turn up at 2.55 and have half an acre of weed-infested concrete to yourself.

Absolute toilet then.

Good view of the East Stand from the centre circle.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 12:54]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

He's only gone and done it again... on 12:56 - Feb 5 with 2386 viewsR_from_afar

He's only gone and done it again... on 12:29 - Feb 5 by Rs_Holy

Theyve got Jeremy Vine, Jeremy Clarkson, Seb Coe, Suggs, Lovejoy, Jason Cun(t)dy.....We've got Mick Jones, Glenn Matlock, Pete Doherty, Bill Bailey, Ian Gillan, Robert Elms....
...nuff said!
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 16:16]

They also now have Lily Allen; she defected from Fulham. Konk, get your tranquilisers quick, the very mention of her name might open old wounds. Sorry.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

He's only gone and done it again... on 14:17 - Feb 5 with 2270 viewsHunterhoop

He's only gone and done it again... on 11:50 - Feb 5 by Juzzie

Of course but that's not what I'm eluding to. Every article I see with him it's stated or he himself has said "I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years" as though he's trying to prove something. I just find it more than a coincidence it's when the money came in.

I got my first season ticket in the 2001/2002 season but had been going regularly for 18 years before that.

I don't feel the need to tell everyone on each of my posts that I've been a season ticket holder for 15 years.

It also means, given his age, he wasn't a ST for the thick end of 25-30 years.

Following Chelsea finish in the top 10 for 20 years, winning countless trophies does not qualify him to know jack sh*t about "Roy of the Rovers" stuff. He's never even seen him team relegated...ever!

Also, would he really be saying the same thing if Chelsea 2nd? No, which makes this sentiment boll*cks.
He's only gone and done it again... on 14:50 - Feb 5 with 2190 viewsJigsore

what makes Jeremy Vine think anyone gives a f*ck about what Jeremy Vine has to say

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

He's only gone and done it again... on 14:57 - Feb 5 with 2154 viewsstowmarketrange

He's only gone and done it again... on 11:43 - Feb 5 by RSoul

20years is that all its been, seems so much longer. The joys of my youth, not having to worry about how many trophies, they would win each season. That and they were much rarer creatures, back in the day. Modern life is rubbish.

You mean buy not win.
He's only gone and done it again... on 14:57 - Feb 5 with 2154 viewsqueensparker

In my head Stamford Bridge still looks like this and is falling down. Much happier days for football

He's only gone and done it again... on 15:00 - Feb 5 with 2136 viewsBoston

He's only gone and done it again... on 12:52 - Feb 5 by CamberleyR

1996 wasn't quite when the billions came pouring in via Abramovich, that was 2003 but 1996 was about the time Uncle Ken started chucking the borrowed money about in an effort to get to the Champion's League, signing players like Di Matteo, Zola and Vialli. In 1996 they still also had Furlong, Peacock and Spencer playing for them (although not for long) as well.

Konk has it spot on, Cloughie taking Forest from 8th in the second division in 1976 to football league and European champions within three years is about as Roy of the Rovers as it gets.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 12:56]

True Cambers, but I'd have thought a third level club beating the First Division Champions in one of the domestic cup finals, after being 2 - 0 down at half time, also merited a mention?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

He's only gone and done it again... on 15:19 - Feb 5 with 2083 viewsBluce_Ree

"You've made the teams we support look like a bunch of bungling amateurs, and, despite my pain, I love you for it.

Yours sincerely

Jeremy Vine"

I HOPE THIS MAN DIES.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

He's only gone and done it again... on 17:20 - Feb 5 with 1874 views2Thomas2Bowles

The only ground you had to get a bus to get near to the pitch with a fence Ken bates wanted to electrify....

So they are going to win it because he wants them to......... oh ok

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024