Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
why we should leave the EU part 1 11:09 - Feb 5 with 14560 viewsloftboy

European court challenges Britain's right to deport foreign criminals

http://a.msn.com/r/2/BBp7Dcw?a=1&m=EN-GB

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 13:36 - Feb 6 with 2071 viewsQPRDave

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 12:59 - Feb 6 by Pommyhoop

http://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/424815/one-syrian-refugees-journey-to-a-n
I usually keep away from these threads being a castaway and all that, but I really must add this vid.. I know it was put out to drumup support for Syrian refugees but it scared me how easy it as for group of single Arab males to waltzabout in Europe all the way to Norway so cheaply and easily.
Keep them borders closed

Reminds me of ww2 footage of German soldiers streaming into Russia etc, those columns of migrant men 4 a breast.
Just minus uniform and weapons
why we should leave the EU part 1 on 13:44 - Feb 6 with 2068 viewsHollowayRanger

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 12:27 - Feb 6 by izlingtonhoop

You have heard of the European Elections?

Those who support PR might argue it is a more democratic body than Westminster.

As for your first point - with which I mostly agree - why then do you keep claiming to add to the problem?

very true I know ,basic instinct im afraid every living creature wants to survive/live but none can forever so it does the next best thing recreates itself, people do the same including me i want to leave my mark on the earth even if its a dying one

all non uk criminals should be deported after serving their sentence but does it happen?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 13:54 - Feb 6 with 2056 viewsDoughnut

I think there are 4 certainties in this life...inescapable realities to be faced:
Death, Taxes, Rangers f**k ups and an 'In' vote at the EU referendum.
The last one is so nailed on it makes the others seem debatable.
The polls will go up....then down..then up...the media tosserati will pretend its going down to the wire.
The fatcats have too much to loose to let you plebs decide on something like this.
why we should leave the EU part 1 (n/t) on 14:56 - Feb 6 with 2008 viewsTheBlob

Good article in the Telegraph,could affect things like I said (for the last year)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/12138466/when-is-the-next-financial
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 14:58]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 22:47 - Feb 6 with 1906 viewsderbyhoop

Those who want to leave the EU have 4 main reasons.
1. Last year we paid £11.3 Bn to the EU. If we come out we won’t have to pay anything
2. We will regain control of our borders.
3. We won’t be subject to EU laws
4. We will be able to trade with whomever we like.
None of those reasons really stand up to careful scrutiny.
1. It’s true that we won’t have to pay money to the EU budget. However, the figure breaks down to £34 per person per year (less than the cost of a subscription to QPR Player). In exchange, according to CBI estimates we gain nearly £3,000 per person per year. So is it worth saving £34 to lose out on £3,000?
2. Last year there were around 600,000 immigrants. The net figure was nearer to 340,000 due to the number of people leaving. Of the 600,000 just over half came from the EU. But, if we are serious about controlling immigration, why are we letting in so many from outside the EU. Is it the Indian IT professionals, the Phillipino nurses or the foreign students, whose fees are essential if our Universities are to prosper. And what about the 1.5m UK nationals living and working in the EU?
3. We hear moans about EU laws impinging on our rights. Which laws are they? The ones that stop employers forcing workers to work more than a 48 hour working week, the ones that provide improved maternity and paternity leave, the ones that provide a LEGAL entitlement to 4 weeks paid holiday? What about the EU laws that have slashed mobile data roaming charges? Or maybe it’s Human Rights. Who needs human rights anyway?
4. But the biggest myth is around trade. EU critics say we cannot get our way when 27 other countries vote against us. Well, if we cannot get anywhere when we are members of the club, are they going to roll over when we’re on the outside trying to get in? It’s illogical and like ending a long term relationship with all the hurt and pain that would cause, because you want to get back to how things were when you first got to know each other. I’m sure the EU countries will be happy to sell to the UK. It will be a different matter when we want them to buy from us.
And, don’t forget , around 50% of our exports go the EU, supporting 3-4m jobs.
Major companies will look at the spread of their business and will certainly consider the option of relocating to a location inside the EU. And the evidence from the Scottish referendum (RBS, Standard Life were looking at moving their Head Offices away from Edinburgh) supports that. They may decide to stay in the UK but the uncertainty will not be good for the UK economy.
And uncertainty is what financial markets hate most. Don’t be surprised to see a significant fall in both GDP (I’ve seen several surveys predicting falls between 0.5 and 9.8%) and the FTSE markets, affecting your pension investments. A financial crisis will affect the UK and the remaining members of the EU. That would be another reason why they may be reluctant to strike trade agreements with us.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 22:52 - Feb 6 with 1902 viewsTheBlob

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 22:47 - Feb 6 by derbyhoop

1. Last year we paid £11.3 Bn to the EU. If we come out we won’t have to pay anything
1. It’s true that we won’t have to pay money to the EU budget. However, the figure breaks down to £34 per person per year (less than the cost of a subscription to QPR Player). In exchange, according to CBI estimates we gain nearly £3,000 per person per year. So is it worth saving £34 to lose out on £3,000?
2. Last year there were around 600,000 immigrants. The net figure was nearer to 340,000 due to the number of people leaving. Of the 600,000 just over half came from the EU. But, if we are serious about controlling immigration, why are we letting in so many from outside the EU. Is it the Indian IT professionals, the Phillipino nurses or the foreign students, whose fees are essential if our Universities are to prosper. And what about the 1.5m UK nationals living and working in the EU?
3. We hear moans about EU laws impinging on our rights. Which laws are they? The ones that stop employers forcing workers to work more than a 48 hour working week, the ones that provide improved maternity and paternity leave, the ones that provide a LEGAL entitlement to 4 weeks paid holiday? What about the EU laws that have slashed mobile data roaming charges? Or maybe it’s Human Rights. Who needs human rights anyway?
4. But the biggest myth is around trade. EU critics say we cannot get our way when 27 other countries vote against us. Well, if we cannot get anywhere when we are members of the club, are they going to roll over when we’re on the outside trying to get in? It’s illogical and like ending a long term relationship with all the hurt and pain that would cause, because you want to get back to how things were when you first got to know each other. I’m sure the EU countries will be happy to sell to the UK. It will be a different matter when we want them to buy from us.
Major companies will look at the spread of their business and will certainly consider the option of relocating to a location inside the EU. And the evidence from the Scottish referendum (RBS, Standard Life were looking at moving their Head Offices away from Edinburgh) supports that. They may decide to stay in the UK but the uncertainty will not be good for the UK economy.
And uncertainty is what financial markets hate most. Don’t be surprised to see a significant fall in both GDP (I’ve seen several surveys predicting falls between 0.5 and 9.8%) and the FTSE markets, affecting your pension investments. A financial crisis will affect the UK and the remaining members of the EU. That would be another reason why they may be reluctant to strike trade agreements with us.

When were the financial markets ever "certain"?They thrive upon volatility.

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 23:02 - Feb 6 with 1892 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone considered the impact on English football if it becomes more difficult to sign EU players?

No Polter : (
why we should leave the EU part 1 on 23:05 - Feb 6 with 1891 viewsQPR_John

"1. It’s true that we won’t have to pay money to the EU budget. However, the figure breaks down to £34 per person per year (less than the cost of a subscription to QPR Player). In exchange, according to CBI estimates we gain nearly £3,000 per person per year. So is it worth saving £34 to lose out on £3,000? "

This argument has always intrigued me if, as you say, every person in this country is making £2966 where is it coming from who is paying us
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 23:08]
Login to get fewer ads

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 23:15 - Feb 6 with 1879 viewsTheBlob

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 23:05 - Feb 6 by QPR_John

"1. It’s true that we won’t have to pay money to the EU budget. However, the figure breaks down to £34 per person per year (less than the cost of a subscription to QPR Player). In exchange, according to CBI estimates we gain nearly £3,000 per person per year. So is it worth saving £34 to lose out on £3,000? "

This argument has always intrigued me if, as you say, every person in this country is making £2966 where is it coming from who is paying us
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 23:08]

Looks like you're just getting some of the money back that you pay in.
It's a gigantic thieve's kitchen.

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 01:04 - Feb 7 with 1830 viewsBucksRanger

£11.3 billion / 65 million (population of GB) = £173.85 per man, woman and child.

Not £34.
why we should leave the EU part 1 on 01:25 - Feb 7 with 1823 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

"2. Last year there were around 600,000 immigrants. The net figure was nearer to 340,000 due to the number of people leaving. Of the 600,000 just over half came from the EU."

Last year... and the year before that? and before that etc. Then the next ten years? The last ten years at your calculations makes it nigh on 3.5 million people extra in this country!

"3. We hear moans about EU laws impinging on our rights. Which laws are they? The ones that stop employers forcing workers to work more than a 48 hour working week, the ones that provide improved maternity and paternity leave, the ones that provide a LEGAL entitlement to 4 weeks paid holiday? What about the EU laws that have slashed mobile data roaming charges? Or maybe it’s Human Rights. Who needs human rights anyway?"

I want an ordinary lightbulb and a 2000 watt vacuum cleaner! Not votes for prisoners.

The rest is TL;DR
why we should leave the EU part 1 on 02:34 - Feb 7 with 1801 viewsisawqpratwcity

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 01:25 - Feb 7 by Hoop_Du_Jour

"2. Last year there were around 600,000 immigrants. The net figure was nearer to 340,000 due to the number of people leaving. Of the 600,000 just over half came from the EU."

Last year... and the year before that? and before that etc. Then the next ten years? The last ten years at your calculations makes it nigh on 3.5 million people extra in this country!

"3. We hear moans about EU laws impinging on our rights. Which laws are they? The ones that stop employers forcing workers to work more than a 48 hour working week, the ones that provide improved maternity and paternity leave, the ones that provide a LEGAL entitlement to 4 weeks paid holiday? What about the EU laws that have slashed mobile data roaming charges? Or maybe it’s Human Rights. Who needs human rights anyway?"

I want an ordinary lightbulb and a 2000 watt vacuum cleaner! Not votes for prisoners.

The rest is TL;DR

Why the fck would you want an ordinary light bulb? I haven't bought an ordinary light bulb in twenty years. Do the calculations, you're throwing money away, even without the other benefits.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 09:53 - Feb 7 with 1746 viewsizlingtonhoop

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 13:44 - Feb 6 by HollowayRanger

very true I know ,basic instinct im afraid every living creature wants to survive/live but none can forever so it does the next best thing recreates itself, people do the same including me i want to leave my mark on the earth even if its a dying one

all non uk criminals should be deported after serving their sentence but does it happen?

Ok, biological drive totally understood. But stop at two, to replace yourself and one other person with whom you "do it" (to be said in Rik voice).
why we should leave the EU part 1 on 11:13 - Feb 7 with 1704 viewsisawqpratwcity

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 13:44 - Feb 6 by HollowayRanger

"all non uk criminals should be deported after serving their sentence but does it happen?"

Should all British criminals around the world get repatriated after serving their sentences?With the aggressive emigration programs pursued by many Commonwealth countries from post-war to the eighties, there may be a fair few of 'em! Gonna be a few extended families and pensioners amongst them, too!

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 11:54 - Feb 7 with 1671 viewsQPRDave

1 We paid 10x the money we spent on the nhs cancer fund into the EU last year
The CBI is not a reliable source imo. Obviously
2 Don't know how accurate your figures are, and let's face it neither do you.
3 How about the EU law of a right to family life, that is then used by scum bags, some being killers, and over rides the rights of victims of crimes
4 Alot of scaremongering there as usual. The UK is Europe's biggest market, so why relocate? Know one knows whether they will or won't. As for selling why would they stop buying from us?
Europe is not the only market in the world. Other than say tea, coffeee, bananas etc that are pretty much tied to certain countries, we can shop where we like.
5 The EU is a basket case,
6 I really don't understand public or Mp's for that matter that want unelected people ruling our country
why we should leave the EU part 1 on 11:57 - Feb 7 with 1664 viewsTheBlob

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 11:13 - Feb 7 by isawqpratwcity

"all non uk criminals should be deported after serving their sentence but does it happen?"

Should all British criminals around the world get repatriated after serving their sentences?With the aggressive emigration programs pursued by many Commonwealth countries from post-war to the eighties, there may be a fair few of 'em! Gonna be a few extended families and pensioners amongst them, too!

Yes,Australia would be half empty for starters.

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 12:25 - Feb 7 with 1635 viewsisawqpratwcity

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 11:57 - Feb 7 by TheBlob

Yes,Australia would be half empty for starters.

Half? It used to be something not discussed if you had a convict in the family tree. These days it's a boast!

When they deport us back to Britain I'm sure they will billet us with some-one like you or Holloway. We don't eat too much! Ah, it'll be good to see the old gang again; a shame Reggie and Ronnie died.

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 12:39 - Feb 7 with 1628 viewsRSoul

In an alternative universe, where the UK is outside of the EU. There would not be a referendum about joining the eu. The very idea would be laughable. The decision should not be based on the eu in 2016. Think about the EU in 10, 20 years, because we won't get another vote for decades.The EU is heading downhill very fast, we owe it to ourselves and our fellow Europeans to destroy this cult.
why we should leave the EU part 1 on 12:46 - Feb 7 with 1622 viewsTheBlob

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 12:25 - Feb 7 by isawqpratwcity

Half? It used to be something not discussed if you had a convict in the family tree. These days it's a boast!

When they deport us back to Britain I'm sure they will billet us with some-one like you or Holloway. We don't eat too much! Ah, it'll be good to see the old gang again; a shame Reggie and Ronnie died.

Aussies don't eat much?
The national anthem should be..
"Arise Australia fair
We've come to strip your larder bare"
...if my aussie relatives are anything to go by.

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 12:55 - Feb 7 with 1610 viewsTHEBUSH

My view is, I'd prefer us to stay in the EU, but I can see many reasons for us to leave.

My main problem is, I just don't know who to believe, certainly not Cameron or Juncker.

I do believe in freedom to work anywhere in the EU, but only for genuine EU member countries, is that too much to ask ?
why we should leave the EU part 1 on 13:01 - Feb 7 with 1606 viewsisawqpratwcity

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 12:46 - Feb 7 by TheBlob

Aussies don't eat much?
The national anthem should be..
"Arise Australia fair
We've come to strip your larder bare"
...if my aussie relatives are anything to go by.

It's "Advance Australia Fair". Arise is something we get out of baiting people in the Old Country.

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 13:30 - Feb 7 with 1573 viewsTheBlob

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 13:01 - Feb 7 by isawqpratwcity

It's "Advance Australia Fair". Arise is something we get out of baiting people in the Old Country.

I thought Advance was an insect repellant

Somehow appropriate.....

[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 13:32]

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 13:48 - Feb 7 with 1552 viewsisawqpratwcity

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 13:30 - Feb 7 by TheBlob

I thought Advance was an insect repellant

Somehow appropriate.....

[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 13:32]

Why would I need insect repellent? The place is overrun with huge spiders!

Here's the real reason they abandoned rocket testing at Woomera.

why we should leave the EU part 1 on 21:57 - Feb 7 with 1445 viewsClive_Anderson

"In exchange, according to CBI estimates we gain nearly £3,000 per person per year."

That number was pulled out their arse. That was what would happen if all trade stopped between Britain and every EU country which is obviously nonsense.

"Last year there were around 600,000 immigrants. The net figure was nearer to 340,000 due to the number of people leaving. Of the 600,000 just over half came from the EU. But, if we are serious about controlling immigration, why are we letting in so many from outside the EU. Is it the Indian IT professionals, the Phillipino nurses or the foreign students, whose fees are essential if our Universities are to prosper."

Non-EU migrants cost the UK a fortune, £140bn at the last count. And they aren't all professionals and nurses which is pretty obvious if you look at the employment stats for different groups.

"Well, if we cannot get anywhere when we are members of the club, are they going to roll over when we’re on the outside trying to get in?"

Why would we need them to roll over? We would be able to sign free trade agreements with any nation in the world which we currently aren't able to. The idea that the EU won't trade with us is laughable.

"We hear moans about EU laws impinging on our rights. Which laws are they? The ones that stop employers forcing workers to work more than a 48 hour working week, the ones that provide improved maternity and paternity leave, the ones that provide a LEGAL entitlement to 4 weeks paid holiday? What about the EU laws that have slashed mobile data roaming charges? Or maybe it’s Human Rights. Who needs human rights anyway? "

Highlighting a few laws you agree with does not make up for the lack of sovereignty and democratic accountability of the EU. What happens when they do something you don't like? eg. TTIP
why we should leave the EU part 1 on 22:15 - Feb 7 with 1436 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lads, save your breath...

There is absolutely no way that an event as big as England leaving the EU will be left to you to decide.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024