Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mystery 17:49 - Feb 6 with 13956 viewsPetros

Very well played today. But it made me angry - how on earth have Green, Henry, Fer been consistently picked while Smithies, Luongo, Polter have been left out? So much more intensity out there today.
Mystery on 18:01 - Feb 6 with 12088 viewsStanisgod

To be fair , I thought Poulter was awful today. The guy tries but so did Eddie the eagle.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mystery on 18:05 - Feb 6 with 12018 viewsGloucs_R

Window shop?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mystery on 18:11 - Feb 6 with 11961 viewsjohncharles

Mystery on 18:01 - Feb 6 by Stanisgod

To be fair , I thought Poulter was awful today. The guy tries but so did Eddie the eagle.

He causes trouble in their half. I bet their defence hate him. How long since we had someone like that ? It's no coincidence that we are looking so much better when he plays.
So easy to underestimate what he does.

Strong and stable my arse.

Mystery on 18:20 - Feb 6 with 11875 viewsBushman

Harsh on Poulter think he brings a lot to the party.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 18:22]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Mystery on 18:30 - Feb 6 with 11790 viewsActonOccident

Mystery on 18:11 - Feb 6 by johncharles

He causes trouble in their half. I bet their defence hate him. How long since we had someone like that ? It's no coincidence that we are looking so much better when he plays.
So easy to underestimate what he does.

Outside of the workrate, just seems like a really decent character on the surface as well. Tweets that he's fckd off when not playing, instead of tucking into a kebab. Moves to Gerrards X rather than closer to the bright lights. Doesn't ignore his mascot during pre-kick off lineups. Checks in on his teammates when they go down. On top of it all, contributes to goals.

For all the rogues the support has been subjected to over the past few years, this guy is surely a breath of fresh air.
Mystery on 18:53 - Feb 6 with 11612 viewsgobbles

Thought Polter did fine. Very difficult to get your head on things with that wind today.
Mystery on 18:59 - Feb 6 with 11571 viewsoddball

Mystery on 18:30 - Feb 6 by ActonOccident

Outside of the workrate, just seems like a really decent character on the surface as well. Tweets that he's fckd off when not playing, instead of tucking into a kebab. Moves to Gerrards X rather than closer to the bright lights. Doesn't ignore his mascot during pre-kick off lineups. Checks in on his teammates when they go down. On top of it all, contributes to goals.

For all the rogues the support has been subjected to over the past few years, this guy is surely a breath of fresh air.

he reminds me of devon white.not the most gifted of footballers but makes up for it by putting himself in the thick of it and most importantly he doesn't hide.
Mystery on 19:13 - Feb 6 with 11447 viewsActonOccident

Mystery on 18:59 - Feb 6 by oddball

he reminds me of devon white.not the most gifted of footballers but makes up for it by putting himself in the thick of it and most importantly he doesn't hide.

That was before my life as a QPR fan, but the guy who has the seats next to me said exactly the same thing.

It just feels a lot easier getting behind a squad containing this type of character as opposed to your Remys, Kranjcars or Rio Ferdinands.
Login to get fewer ads

Mystery on 19:26 - Feb 6 with 11357 viewsMonkey

I thought Polter did okay today. Some nice touches and even more promising was his link up play with Washington. So refreshing to see two forwards playing as a genuine looking partnership. Very early days but there's hope, at last.
Mystery on 19:46 - Feb 6 with 11258 viewswestberksr

Can't believe some of the stick he was getting today, some prick sat behind me in JU didn't stop slagging him off for the whole game.

After all the show ponies we've had in recent years I'd rather watch 11 Polters than any Fers! Looks to link up Hoillet and others all the time and his clumsiness is just part of his game.

If he had a better touch he wouldn't be playing for us, don't people realise we are a mid table championship club and he could well be an ideal fit for us.
Mystery on 20:00 - Feb 6 with 11163 viewsAgedR

Mystery on 19:46 - Feb 6 by westberksr

Can't believe some of the stick he was getting today, some prick sat behind me in JU didn't stop slagging him off for the whole game.

After all the show ponies we've had in recent years I'd rather watch 11 Polters than any Fers! Looks to link up Hoillet and others all the time and his clumsiness is just part of his game.

If he had a better touch he wouldn't be playing for us, don't people realise we are a mid table championship club and he could well be an ideal fit for us.

Could not agree with you more (see all my previous contributions on this subject).

A handful and played a crucial role in the goal.

It seems some of our fans had already decided he was hopeless and do not have the basic humility to acknowledge their error.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Mystery on 20:11 - Feb 6 with 11105 viewsBklynRanger

I've noticed what people are saying about Polter from watching highlights and replays of the matches. He always seems to be in the middle of the action - talking to his own players, opposition defenders, helping goalies up. He probably helps old ladies across the road and carries their shopping home. Seems like a good egg.
Mystery on 20:17 - Feb 6 with 11074 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mystery on 18:59 - Feb 6 by oddball

He's a lot, a whole lot, more talented than Devon White was. as much as we all loved Devon, Poulter is streets ahead of him tactically and technically.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mystery on 20:19 - Feb 6 with 11065 viewssexton

To go back to the OP. Luongo was terrific today. It's hard to see why he was left out for so long and Henry played. Mass is young, has pace, gets involved, passes well - an anti-Henry in fact.
Mystery on 20:23 - Feb 6 with 11032 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mystery on 20:19 - Feb 6 by sexton

To go back to the OP. Luongo was terrific today. It's hard to see why he was left out for so long and Henry played. Mass is young, has pace, gets involved, passes well - an anti-Henry in fact.

That's great to hear. I have nothing against Henry. in fact I admire him in so many ways. But I like the cut of Luongo's jib.

Mystery on 21:04 - Feb 6 with 10906 viewsbaz_qpr

Poulter was excellent first half, less so second half
Mystery on 21:06 - Feb 6 with 10893 viewsJamie

Don't think there is any mystery here.

Jimbo as brought in with the remit of playoffs. Ferdinand is on record as saying that he and the board felt that the 'experienced' players would get us there. Jimbo is then on record saying he dropped Petrasso to play Henry at RW for his 'experience'.

I suspect that the board have finally realised that we are neither going up, nor down and so Jimbo has been given freedom to implement some of his own ideas and take a look at some of the less 'experienced' players between now and the end of the season.

Would expect to see the likes of Petrasso, Furlong, Kpekawa, Robinson, maybe even Comley given a few chances before the end of the season, as Jimbo decides who does and doesn't figure in the plans for next season.
Mystery on 21:14 - Feb 6 with 10837 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mystery on 21:04 - Feb 6 by baz_qpr

Poulter was excellent first half, less so second half

Would you think there is still a strength and/or stamina improvement to come with him, Baz? He does seem to struggle so far in lasting the ninety minutes at his impressive tempo and rate of aggression.

Mystery on 22:15 - Feb 6 with 10633 viewswestberksr

Mystery on 20:19 - Feb 6 by sexton

For a little guy he uses his strength very well. Anticipates where the ball is going and often skips away with the ball in full control (literally skips away).

Not one for a big smash of a tackle, but very effective and has quick feet in tight positions.........

Me like
Mystery on 22:33 - Feb 6 with 10541 viewseccles

Mystery on 20:00 - Feb 6 by AgedR

Could not agree with you more (see all my previous contributions on this subject).

A handful and played a crucial role in the goal.

It seems some of our fans had already decided he was hopeless and do not have the basic humility to acknowledge their error.

Well, I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. I really want Polter to be good. I just don't think he is. Don't get me wrong, while he's wearing our hoops I will never slag him off and I'll cheer him to the rafters with every goal he scores. And he will get some because he's a handful. He'll scrap and kick and punch his way and he'll get a few.
but, his first touch is poor. Quite a few times today, admittedly under terrible conditions, the ball bounced away from him. I'm not convinced by his positional play yet either. Maybe I have been spoiled by Charlie over the last few years always being in the right place at the right time and maybe the comparison is a bit unfair, but there was a couple of times today where I felt he needed to be a bit more switched on inside the box.
Lets face it, this season is a write off. We'll probably finish somewhere between 10th and 15th and it doesn't really matter. The rest of this season is just building towards improving next season. With players like Hall, Luongo, Smithies, Ale, Mackie and Chery I'm feeling cautiously optimistic for our chances next time around.
I just feel in my bones that we need a better centre forward to go with the rest of the team. (I wish Heidar was back with us and ten years younger!)
I really hope that jfh can work on and improve the aspects of Polters game that aren't quite there at the moment and he goes on to become a rangers legend. I want to be proved wrong but I remain to be convinced.
Mystery on 22:45 - Feb 6 with 10508 viewsHunterhoop

Mystery on 22:33 - Feb 6 by eccles

Well, I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. I really want Polter to be good. I just don't think he is. Don't get me wrong, while he's wearing our hoops I will never slag him off and I'll cheer him to the rafters with every goal he scores. And he will get some because he's a handful. He'll scrap and kick and punch his way and he'll get a few.
but, his first touch is poor. Quite a few times today, admittedly under terrible conditions, the ball bounced away from him. I'm not convinced by his positional play yet either. Maybe I have been spoiled by Charlie over the last few years always being in the right place at the right time and maybe the comparison is a bit unfair, but there was a couple of times today where I felt he needed to be a bit more switched on inside the box.
Lets face it, this season is a write off. We'll probably finish somewhere between 10th and 15th and it doesn't really matter. The rest of this season is just building towards improving next season. With players like Hall, Luongo, Smithies, Ale, Mackie and Chery I'm feeling cautiously optimistic for our chances next time around.
I just feel in my bones that we need a better centre forward to go with the rest of the team. (I wish Heidar was back with us and ten years younger!)
I really hope that jfh can work on and improve the aspects of Polters game that aren't quite there at the moment and he goes on to become a rangers legend. I want to be proved wrong but I remain to be convinced.

Agree with all that mate. But, we don't get what we wish for. Poulter is perfect for us: limited, but tries hard. That's what
our fanbase needs to realise how football really is!

Him and Conor, Ale and Luongo, Hall and Onouha...there's your spine, there's your club.
Mystery on 23:07 - Feb 6 with 10449 viewsLblock

How about Sebs role in the goal?

Terrible 1st touch today and the engine ran low on 70 minutes

I like him though

Just wish he didn't look like the barmaid in Eastenders so much

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mystery on 00:43 - Feb 7 with 10274 viewsPommyhoop

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/04/ian-holloway-raves-about-qprs-transfer-poli

"They need to get over Charlie Austin and get behind Sebastian Polter, Conor Washington and the other new lads. They're the future of this club."

Listen to Ollie.He speaks the truth...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Mystery on 00:46 - Feb 7 with 10267 viewsPunteR

Mystery on 00:43 - Feb 7 by Pommyhoop

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/04/ian-holloway-raves-about-qprs-transfer-poli

"They need to get over Charlie Austin and get behind Sebastian Polter, Conor Washington and the other new lads. They're the future of this club."

Listen to Ollie.He speaks the truth...

Charlie who?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mystery on 01:01 - Feb 7 with 10247 viewsPommyhoop

Mystery on 00:46 - Feb 7 by PunteR

Charlie who?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024