Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mystery 17:49 - Feb 6 with 13952 viewsPetros

Very well played today. But it made me angry - how on earth have Green, Henry, Fer been consistently picked while Smithies, Luongo, Polter have been left out? So much more intensity out there today.
Mystery on 02:14 - Feb 7 with 2113 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mystery on 19:13 - Feb 6 by ActonOccident

That was before my life as a QPR fan, but the guy who has the seats next to me said exactly the same thing.

It just feels a lot easier getting behind a squad containing this type of character as opposed to your Remys, Kranjcars or Rio Ferdinands.

Oi!!!! Do NOT knock Remy!

He wasn't cheap, he was never an R, but he scored regularly for us, which was why he was bought. A jobbing striker, he earned his keep.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mystery on 09:24 - Feb 7 with 1981 viewsrobith

A point on Smithies beyond his wonderful saves. When the wine really got up in the second half, he changed his goal kicks, drilling them low under the wind, sacrificing distance for avoiding the wind lottery. Ipswich keep kept piling them into the wind and straight into touch. Showed some good smarts I thought
Mystery on 10:02 - Feb 7 with 1915 viewsAgedR

Mystery on 22:33 - Feb 6 by eccles

Well, I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. I really want Polter to be good. I just don't think he is. Don't get me wrong, while he's wearing our hoops I will never slag him off and I'll cheer him to the rafters with every goal he scores. And he will get some because he's a handful. He'll scrap and kick and punch his way and he'll get a few.
but, his first touch is poor. Quite a few times today, admittedly under terrible conditions, the ball bounced away from him. I'm not convinced by his positional play yet either. Maybe I have been spoiled by Charlie over the last few years always being in the right place at the right time and maybe the comparison is a bit unfair, but there was a couple of times today where I felt he needed to be a bit more switched on inside the box.
Lets face it, this season is a write off. We'll probably finish somewhere between 10th and 15th and it doesn't really matter. The rest of this season is just building towards improving next season. With players like Hall, Luongo, Smithies, Ale, Mackie and Chery I'm feeling cautiously optimistic for our chances next time around.
I just feel in my bones that we need a better centre forward to go with the rest of the team. (I wish Heidar was back with us and ten years younger!)
I really hope that jfh can work on and improve the aspects of Polters game that aren't quite there at the moment and he goes on to become a rangers legend. I want to be proved wrong but I remain to be convinced.

Don't get me wrong Eccles, I wouldn't go as far to say that he's the answer, he's just not hopeless.

I do think he's a nuisance and brings others in to the game. For their first outing as a pair, I thought him and Washington showed real promise.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Mystery on 10:15 - Feb 7 with 1887 viewsRSoul

Polter is the current player of the month. He has done more than enough, to deserve a bit of slack for an average game. That is average not bad.
Mystery on 10:25 - Feb 7 with 1873 viewsfakekerby

Mystery on 22:33 - Feb 6 by eccles

Well, I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. I really want Polter to be good. I just don't think he is. Don't get me wrong, while he's wearing our hoops I will never slag him off and I'll cheer him to the rafters with every goal he scores. And he will get some because he's a handful. He'll scrap and kick and punch his way and he'll get a few.
but, his first touch is poor. Quite a few times today, admittedly under terrible conditions, the ball bounced away from him. I'm not convinced by his positional play yet either. Maybe I have been spoiled by Charlie over the last few years always being in the right place at the right time and maybe the comparison is a bit unfair, but there was a couple of times today where I felt he needed to be a bit more switched on inside the box.
Lets face it, this season is a write off. We'll probably finish somewhere between 10th and 15th and it doesn't really matter. The rest of this season is just building towards improving next season. With players like Hall, Luongo, Smithies, Ale, Mackie and Chery I'm feeling cautiously optimistic for our chances next time around.
I just feel in my bones that we need a better centre forward to go with the rest of the team. (I wish Heidar was back with us and ten years younger!)
I really hope that jfh can work on and improve the aspects of Polters game that aren't quite there at the moment and he goes on to become a rangers legend. I want to be proved wrong but I remain to be convinced.

Players with Polter's work rate and ambition tend to improve as their career goes on.

Rather than unfairly criticise a 23 year old new to a league and a country (which you are very much doing) how about you appreciate he's doing a good job and working his nuts off?

Start him for the rest of the season and give him a good pre season and he'll be a years worth of experience wiser next season and a better player, whilst still being a hard working handful and a brute.

He's a great option for this league and he will only get better.

Or would you prefer new blood?
Mystery on 10:34 - Feb 7 with 1847 viewsdavman

Mystery on 09:24 - Feb 7 by robith

A point on Smithies beyond his wonderful saves. When the wine really got up in the second half, he changed his goal kicks, drilling them low under the wind, sacrificing distance for avoiding the wind lottery. Ipswich keep kept piling them into the wind and straight into touch. Showed some good smarts I thought

Always got to change tact when the wine gets up!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Mystery on 11:31 - Feb 7 with 1799 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mystery on 10:34 - Feb 7 by davman

Always got to change tact when the wine gets up!

Tact?.....Tack: it's what sailboats do in the wine, er, wind.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mystery on 12:47 - Feb 7 with 1747 views100percent

Mystery on 19:46 - Feb 6 by westberksr

Can't believe some of the stick he was getting today, some prick sat behind me in JU didn't stop slagging him off for the whole game.

After all the show ponies we've had in recent years I'd rather watch 11 Polters than any Fers! Looks to link up Hoillet and others all the time and his clumsiness is just part of his game.

If he had a better touch he wouldn't be playing for us, don't people realise we are a mid table championship club and he could well be an ideal fit for us.

I sit behind you and it definitely wasn't me!!
I thought Poulter had a decent game today - links up well and made a proper nuisnace of himself.....
Login to get fewer ads

Mystery on 20:14 - Feb 7 with 1637 viewseccles

Mystery on 10:25 - Feb 7 by fakekerby

Players with Polter's work rate and ambition tend to improve as their career goes on.

Rather than unfairly criticise a 23 year old new to a league and a country (which you are very much doing) how about you appreciate he's doing a good job and working his nuts off?

Start him for the rest of the season and give him a good pre season and he'll be a years worth of experience wiser next season and a better player, whilst still being a hard working handful and a brute.

He's a great option for this league and he will only get better.

Or would you prefer new blood?

I really hope you're right about him improving with age. It wasn't my intention to unfairly criticise him, but I was, like all of us on here, offering my opinion.
He does try and yes he does work hard, but surely that should be the least we should expect from all of our players (sadly that's not always the case)
As I said, the rest of this season is a write off so Yes, we have to start him and good luck to him. Maybe he can form a partnership with Washington that will bear fruit.
I really hope so. I go back to my last sentence.... I remain to be convinced.
As for the new blood? Well, obviously we have little choice for the rest of this season, but if it turns out that the seb haters on here are right all along and he doesn't quite cut it, then yes, we'll have to replace him.
Time will tell.
Mystery on 20:24 - Feb 7 with 1621 viewseccles

Mystery on 10:02 - Feb 7 by AgedR

Don't get me wrong Eccles, I wouldn't go as far to say that he's the answer, he's just not hopeless.

I do think he's a nuisance and brings others in to the game. For their first outing as a pair, I thought him and Washington showed real promise.

yeah, I agree. I think we looked totally different with 2 up front.
Maybe Seb will look a better player with some help up top rather than battling away on his own. Might suit his game better.
We'll see....
Mystery on 21:29 - Feb 7 with 1580 viewswestberksr

Mystery on 12:47 - Feb 7 by 100percent

I sit behind you and it definitely wasn't me!!
I thought Poulter had a decent game today - links up well and made a proper nuisnace of himself.....

OK, in close proximity then!

And if you want to be picky, your son sits behind me; you sit behind him
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 21:50]
Mystery on 12:20 - Feb 8 with 1485 viewsTheChef

Mystery on 22:45 - Feb 6 by Hunterhoop

Agree with all that mate. But, we don't get what we wish for. Poulter is perfect for us: limited, but tries hard. That's what
our fanbase needs to realise how football really is!

Him and Conor, Ale and Luongo, Hall and Onouha...there's your spine, there's your club.

Not forgetting Smithies either.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mystery on 14:03 - Feb 8 with 1417 viewsDando

I think we wasted so many points this year by picking Henry, over players such as Luongo. It frustrated me very much, as although Henry is solid enough in his position, it slowed the entire team down and added nothing. We now have a team out there which can play positive football, rather than going backwards and sideways. Is Henry injured, or dropped completely?

Polter must have somethnig about him if he was so highly rated at his old club. He certainly looks like he can improve on areas of his game, but is playing with more confidence now and gives other defences something to think about. Not sure if hed be my number one choice next year, but hes certainly got a lot to add the the team and can only improve.

I still cant believe that we played 3 or so games without a striker. What a waste of points that was! Baffling, and glad that is now in the past
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024