Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phillips 19:39 - Feb 6 with 2649 viewsTacticalR

Lots of threads and no mention of our match-winner and top-scoring player?

Kept going to the end and took the chance provided by Wiley Khayati.

Which reminds me I thought the substitutions worked quite well. Khayati crafted the assist, Mackie got us going, and even Tözsér's passing was good.

Air hostess clique

Phillips on 19:42 - Feb 6 with 2610 viewsHollowayRanger

Id guess its because it's no less then we would expect of a very very well paid player

took the goal well mind as wasn't an easy header

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Phillips on 19:52 - Feb 6 with 2571 viewsjonno

I thought he was generally poor for most of the game. Yes he got the winner but it was laid on a plate for him by Wily Coyote. In the first half he was given numerous chances to go for goal or create a chance for somebody else but blew them all apart from one decent cross which Hoillett should have scored from. Disappeared for a lot of the second half. If he is meant to be a "premier league player" then he should be standing out in games like today and he simply does not. Plus he rarely bothers to help out his full back. On the plus side I thought Luongo and Faurlin were both excellent in midfield, and Toszer looked a totally different player from what we have seen up until now when he came. I really like the look of Washington as well, very quick and makes very good runs into space. Once the others get on his wavelength he will be a dangerous player for us.
Phillips on 20:23 - Feb 6 with 2482 viewsTacticalR

'Yes he got the winner but it was laid on a plate for him by Wily Coyote.'

OK, but you've still got to put them away, and nobody else did that. We can't rely solely on Polter (especially as he looked pretty shot towards the end of the match).

Air hostess clique

Phillips on 20:49 - Feb 6 with 2403 viewsDejR_vu

Don't really understand the criticism levelled at him. Makes more happen than most. May not run and run like Mackie but he's no Fer either.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Phillips on 23:52 - Feb 6 with 2166 viewsAntti_Heinola

Phillips on 19:52 - Feb 6 by jonno

I thought he was generally poor for most of the game. Yes he got the winner but it was laid on a plate for him by Wily Coyote. In the first half he was given numerous chances to go for goal or create a chance for somebody else but blew them all apart from one decent cross which Hoillett should have scored from. Disappeared for a lot of the second half. If he is meant to be a "premier league player" then he should be standing out in games like today and he simply does not. Plus he rarely bothers to help out his full back. On the plus side I thought Luongo and Faurlin were both excellent in midfield, and Toszer looked a totally different player from what we have seen up until now when he came. I really like the look of Washington as well, very quick and makes very good runs into space. Once the others get on his wavelength he will be a dangerous player for us.

Ha ha. I thought of you as I left the ground Jonno.
Wonder if JFH got this good performance out of him by making him train with the kids? As usual, created most of our chances and once again proved he's a matchwinner. I couldn't give a fk whether he's prem quality or not - 6th of the season, 9th since this time last year, plus at least a dozen assists in that time and today made at least three decent chances apart from some excellent corners.
Still, 'generally poor' about does it.

Bare bones.

Phillips on 00:05 - Feb 7 with 2132 viewsPunteR

i'm glad we kept him . His performances towards the end of last season in the prem i think raised expectations of him. He's a good championship player, why would we want to sell him?,we trying to build a good championship team that could potentially compete in the prem at some point.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Phillips on 00:30 - Feb 7 with 2068 viewsbaz_qpr

Phillips on 00:05 - Feb 7 by PunteR

i'm glad we kept him . His performances towards the end of last season in the prem i think raised expectations of him. He's a good championship player, why would we want to sell him?,we trying to build a good championship team that could potentially compete in the prem at some point.

He is soooooooooooo flucking frustrating though 19 times out of 20 he will make the wrong decision though same goes for Hoilett
Phillips on 00:44 - Feb 7 with 2040 viewskensalriser

How very dare he score the winning goal and be our highest scorer.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Phillips on 00:45 - Feb 7 with 2034 viewsPunteR

Phillips on 00:30 - Feb 7 by baz_qpr

He is soooooooooooo flucking frustrating though 19 times out of 20 he will make the wrong decision though same goes for Hoilett

i'd say more like 10 out of 20..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Phillips on 00:48 - Feb 7 with 2028 viewsTacticalR

Phillips on 00:30 - Feb 7 by baz_qpr

I don't get frustrated with Hoilett any more.

Could he see that pass to Washington in the box? No.

Is he playing much better than before? Yes.

He is playing much better than before because he has been allowed to play his own game, which is to move towards the edge of the box from the left or through the centre, get the ball onto his right foot, and take a shot. At this level and in this season it's proving quite effective and has broken the deadlock on more than one occasion.

Air hostess clique

Phillips on 01:00 - Feb 7 with 2009 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Phillips on 00:48 - Feb 7 by TacticalR

I don't get frustrated with Hoilett any more.

Could he see that pass to Washington in the box? No.

Is he playing much better than before? Yes.

He is playing much better than before because he has been allowed to play his own game, which is to move towards the edge of the box from the left or through the centre, get the ball onto his right foot, and take a shot. At this level and in this season it's proving quite effective and has broken the deadlock on more than one occasion.

Did we score without him on the pitch? Yes.
Phillips on 01:58 - Feb 7 with 1982 viewsisawqpratwcity

Phillips on 01:00 - Feb 7 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Are you looking a gift horse in the mouth? Yes. Hoilett has improved, is trying hard and occasionally successful. Don't knock that.

And fair dues to MP. I said he wasn't value for money, but he paid his way yesterday.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Phillips on 07:34 - Feb 7 with 1852 viewsHAYESBOY

Phillips on 01:00 - Feb 7 by Hoop_Du_Jour

In another game we have scored with him on the pitch. So?
Faurlin wasn't on the pitch when we scored. So?

Thought Hoillett played well yesterday. Shut down players high up the pitch. Had our best efforts on goal yesterday first half and unlucky not to score but for the keeper.

Don't get the criticism for Hoillett as playing well at the moment.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Phillips on 12:53 - Feb 7 with 1634 viewswestberksr

Phillips on 07:34 - Feb 7 by HAYESBOY

In another game we have scored with him on the pitch. So?
Faurlin wasn't on the pitch when we scored. So?

Thought Hoillett played well yesterday. Shut down players high up the pitch. Had our best efforts on goal yesterday first half and unlucky not to score but for the keeper.

Don't get the criticism for Hoillett as playing well at the moment.

Totally agree Mark, even the one when he had a shot and could have possibly laid it off, I think he made the right decision and might have caught the keeper out.

Worked hard, linked up well with Polter. Another day and one of his chances would have gone in.
Phillips on 14:53 - Feb 7 with 1548 viewsconnell10

Is the answer yes? Yes maybe but possibly the answer could be no. OK???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Phillips on 15:09 - Feb 7 with 1523 viewsTacticalR

Phillips on 14:53 - Feb 7 by connell10

Is the answer yes? Yes maybe but possibly the answer could be no. OK???

It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers

James Thurber

Air hostess clique

Phillips on 15:18 - Feb 7 with 1507 viewsisawqpratwcity

Phillips on 15:09 - Feb 7 by TacticalR

It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers

James Thurber

James Thurber

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Phillips on 15:30 - Feb 7 with 1471 viewsdannyblue

Matt is under-rated by Rangers fans I think. Each game he puts in 3 or 4 deliveries that have goal written all over him - whipped, curving, between keeper and centrebacks. He manages to get them in without the need to beat his fullback too, a bit like a poor man's Beckham. Add to that strength and a powerful shot, and the fact he's still only 24, and I think he'll develop into a premier league player. He just needs to add a bit of composure when finishing - placement over power - and to work a bit harder covering his fullback.
Phillips on 17:55 - Feb 7 with 1328 viewsMatch82

Phillips on 19:52 - Feb 6 by jonno

"Yes he got the winner but it was laid on a plate for him by Wily Coyote"

Laid on a plate might be a bit harsh, thought that was a tricky chance and a bloody great header. He's clearly still one of our best players, but frustratingly inconsistent. Ambivalent about him staying to be honest, would be just as happy seeing someone else given a chance
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024