Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporting QPR 23:36 - Feb 6 with 4866 viewsHunterhoop

We were bloody good today.

Sod the result, we were actually good to watch!

I like the squad taking shape.

Smithies is a find. I'll call it now: signing of the last 3 years (post Austin).

But all of this, most importantly, led to a decent atmosphere. Get behind this team. It is our QPR.
Supporting QPR on 23:43 - Feb 6 with 4239 viewsPunteR

Smithies was excellent. Top keeper.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Supporting QPR on 23:53 - Feb 6 with 4206 viewssilky

This is all so encouraging I think I may cry! Come on QPR find some way of sending us back into misery again! HAHAHA!

On a serious note ill have all the patience in the world if we see progress for the mid-long term.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Supporting QPR on 23:56 - Feb 6 with 4184 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Swallows and summer and all that.

If we get the cane out of the cupboard for the red trousered ones, then I'll reconsider my negative default setting.
Supporting QPR on 12:04 - Feb 7 with 3910 viewsQPRDave

Same people will be hammering Smithies first fumble in to the net.
Why we have to proclaim players as a god after one or two games is as bad as writing them off after the same time
Supporting QPR on 13:15 - Feb 7 with 3758 viewspaulparker

Good to hear

I said in a few posts that come next season we will be the dark horses , JFH will have a pre season with his squad, we will be hard to beat

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Supporting QPR on 13:43 - Feb 7 with 3687 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Supporting QPR on 13:15 - Feb 7 by paulparker

Good to hear

I said in a few posts that come next season we will be the dark horses , JFH will have a pre season with his squad, we will be hard to beat

While yesterday was great, and opened my eyes to what we can do , Alex Smithies was like Chard at the Battle at Rorkes Drift in the last few minutes. There will need to be a lot done to make us hard to beat. Maybe throw in a Alan McDonald or three into that side.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 13:44]
Supporting QPR on 14:01 - Feb 7 with 3631 viewsLongsufferingR

Supporting QPR on 13:43 - Feb 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

While yesterday was great, and opened my eyes to what we can do , Alex Smithies was like Chard at the Battle at Rorkes Drift in the last few minutes. There will need to be a lot done to make us hard to beat. Maybe throw in a Alan McDonald or three into that side.

To be fair, we're already hard to beat looking at the results recently. It's turning the draws into wins that will be key next season.
Supporting QPR on 14:06 - Feb 7 with 3604 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Supporting QPR on 14:01 - Feb 7 by LongsufferingR

To be fair, we're already hard to beat looking at the results recently. It's turning the draws into wins that will be key next season.

Results don't lie that's true, but i've thought we looked vulnerable to goals all season and some of those goalless results flatter to deceive a bit I think.

I'm sure he'll get it right.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 14:07]
Login to get fewer ads

Supporting QPR on 14:09 - Feb 7 with 3592 viewsTheBlob

Off me head son.Wonder what he thinks of Washington.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3435947/Second-member-ISIS-Beatles-QPR-f

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Supporting QPR on 14:15 - Feb 7 with 3558 viewsfrancisbowles

Supporting QPR on 14:09 - Feb 7 by TheBlob

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3435947/Second-member-ISIS-Beatles-QPR-f

He should have kept THE FAITH!
Supporting QPR on 14:23 - Feb 7 with 3535 viewsstowmarketrange

We will probably face a points deduction if the sweet FA find out.
Supporting QPR on 14:24 - Feb 7 with 3526 viewspaulparker

TBF Baz the partnership of Hall & Ned is solid enough
With Robinson hopefully back next season and a new right back we will be there of there abouts
What we do need is a proper pre season instead of the mikey mouse ones we have had

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Supporting QPR on 14:37 - Feb 7 with 3473 viewsisawqpratwcity

Supporting QPR on 14:09 - Feb 7 by TheBlob

Good luck trying to get rid of Traore et al in Turkey, now. They'll never get passports.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Supporting QPR on 15:03 - Feb 7 with 3395 viewsCroydonCaptJack

That's a bit harsh. Ipswich were pony and we were easily the better side. They were bound to have a go in the last five having now had to chase the game.
Supporting QPR on 15:10 - Feb 7 with 3367 viewsGuppy22

I thought that was our best performance at home this season, luongo was superb, perch has been much better and how did Green get ahead of Smithies, he was fantastic . I do think Ipswich had taken a wrong turn and should have been at Twickenham as all they wanted to do was kick people.
Supporting QPR on 16:51 - Feb 7 with 3196 viewsAntti_Heinola

'There will need to be a lot done to make us hard to beat.'

We've only lost by the odd goal twice this season. We've lost 2 in 13 league games. We've conceded just two in 5 games - one a twice deflected fluke and the other silly one at Blackburn.
I think we are difficult to beat. The next step is to be difficult to even get a point against ;)

Bare bones.

Supporting QPR on 20:57 - Feb 7 with 2940 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Supporting QPR on 16:51 - Feb 7 by Antti_Heinola

'There will need to be a lot done to make us hard to beat.'

We've only lost by the odd goal twice this season. We've lost 2 in 13 league games. We've conceded just two in 5 games - one a twice deflected fluke and the other silly one at Blackburn.
I think we are difficult to beat. The next step is to be difficult to even get a point against ;)

I also read somewhere we haven't conceded a goal in the first half since King George was on the throne or something.

I think it's near the end of games when the constant pressing takes the wind out of their sails that i'm spotting our vulnerability, and I think we've rode our luck in the embers a few times during this run. I was cringing a bit when Smithies pulled off that double save yesterday.

But yeah fair enough PP, the first 60 - 75 we look tough and hopefully next season we'll extend that plus add a few goals.

It don't sound like it but I was pleased with yesterday.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 21:19]
Supporting QPR on 21:18 - Feb 7 with 2895 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Supporting QPR on 14:24 - Feb 7 by paulparker

TBF Baz the partnership of Hall & Ned is solid enough
With Robinson hopefully back next season and a new right back we will be there of there abouts
What we do need is a proper pre season instead of the mikey mouse ones we have had

Yeah I agree mate. I'm being picky. I'm talking about the 75th minute and after where we've looked a bit leaky, but i suppose thats the price you pay for 75 mins of solid stuff. The key is putting the game out of sight by then which i'm sure we'll do eventually.

I'm not one for calling players out, and I hate signing our way out of trouble, but we are two full backs away from a monster of a XI .

Forward thinking (very forward) if we do make it to the top table where games are fewer and rest days are longer we could be onto something.

LR's smaller pitch could do us a few favours as well.

This optimism stuff is the bollocks.
Supporting QPR on 21:24 - Feb 7 with 2873 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Supporting QPR on 15:03 - Feb 7 by CroydonCaptJack

That's a bit harsh. Ipswich were pony and we were easily the better side. They were bound to have a go in the last five having now had to chase the game.

Yeah probably a bit harsh.

Just keeping the hope at bay. I've been hurt in the past you know........
Supporting QPR on 21:25 - Feb 7 with 2877 viewsAgedR

Supporting QPR on 15:10 - Feb 7 by Guppy22

I thought that was our best performance at home this season, luongo was superb, perch has been much better and how did Green get ahead of Smithies, he was fantastic . I do think Ipswich had taken a wrong turn and should have been at Twickenham as all they wanted to do was kick people.

Agree we were so much better.

Luongo was excellent, but, some of Ale's passing was poetry.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Supporting QPR on 00:17 - Feb 8 with 2778 viewstimcocking

Great to hear, highlights looked good.

I'm sure every one of us has wanted to see Ali and Luongo have a chance to play together in the middle, nice to see at last. Luongo looks like a nice player every time I see him. (although it's a hindrance that neither of them will ever score a single goal. Martin Rowlands was probably our last central midfielder to score more than one goal a year?)

All I want is a good atmosphere and to play some nice football, I don't particularly care if we win or lose so long as it's the above two.
Supporting QPR on 08:51 - Feb 8 with 2646 viewspaulparker

Supporting QPR on 21:18 - Feb 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah I agree mate. I'm being picky. I'm talking about the 75th minute and after where we've looked a bit leaky, but i suppose thats the price you pay for 75 mins of solid stuff. The key is putting the game out of sight by then which i'm sure we'll do eventually.

I'm not one for calling players out, and I hate signing our way out of trouble, but we are two full backs away from a monster of a XI .

Forward thinking (very forward) if we do make it to the top table where games are fewer and rest days are longer we could be onto something.

LR's smaller pitch could do us a few favours as well.

This optimism stuff is the bollocks.

I think in the summer we will need around 5 players, a right back , a striker 2 centre midfielders and a back up centre back

Yun , Hoilett , Koncheskey, Fer , Sandro, Henry , Green, Traore, Caulker , should all be off in the summer as well freeing up more space in the squad I really think that the pressure will be off us come the pre season and with some smart signings we will have a fit , decent , hard to beat squad
good shout on the pitch as well , maybe it will be shades of El Tels offside tactic we had in the early 80's , we were masters of that before Arsenal started doing it

Supporting QPR on 09:15 - Feb 8 with 2634 viewsDorse

Supporting QPR on 08:51 - Feb 8 by paulparker

I think in the summer we will need around 5 players, a right back , a striker 2 centre midfielders and a back up centre back

Yun , Hoilett , Koncheskey, Fer , Sandro, Henry , Green, Traore, Caulker , should all be off in the summer as well freeing up more space in the squad I really think that the pressure will be off us come the pre season and with some smart signings we will have a fit , decent , hard to beat squad
good shout on the pitch as well , maybe it will be shades of El Tels offside tactic we had in the early 80's , we were masters of that before Arsenal started doing it

The off-side tactic! That takes me back. I had a Forest supporting mate that used to go into some kind of mild fit that involved twitching and spitting the words 'fcuking' and 'off-side' whenever anyone mentioned QPR. I remember he actually sent himself off during one of our Uni matches after head-butting one of our own team from behind. The ref's face was priceless. Actually, there may be a thread in this. Back soon.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Supporting QPR on 09:26 - Feb 8 with 2615 viewssupahoopsa

Supporting QPR on 23:43 - Feb 6 by PunteR

Smithies was excellent. Top keeper.

Highlight of the game for me was just after we scored, Ipswich had a corner and Smithies came and collected a high ball just past his far post. Fantastic claim and took all the pressure off the defence.

HE just looked solid on Saturday, even the straight forward saves when they came straight to him, his technique looked fantastic, everything behind the ball.

His kicking was also a revelation....how far can he kick it and to keep it so flat so as not to get caught in the wind as well.

I think he could be the real deal, feeling VERY positive

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Supporting QPR on 11:00 - Feb 8 with 2524 viewsAntti_Heinola

Supporting QPR on 20:57 - Feb 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

I also read somewhere we haven't conceded a goal in the first half since King George was on the throne or something.

I think it's near the end of games when the constant pressing takes the wind out of their sails that i'm spotting our vulnerability, and I think we've rode our luck in the embers a few times during this run. I was cringing a bit when Smithies pulled off that double save yesterday.

But yeah fair enough PP, the first 60 - 75 we look tough and hopefully next season we'll extend that plus add a few goals.

It don't sound like it but I was pleased with yesterday.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 21:19]

Yeah, i was clenching a certain area of my anatomy too at that time! But be realistic - that will happen in any game when you're one up and it's in injury time. And that's what a keeper is there for!
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 11:00]

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024