Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The New Dowie! 07:39 - Feb 7 with 2336 viewsdavesouthampton

Yesterday was the first time I've seen Seb Polter play a whole game. He's been described as the new Devon White. He reminded me more of Ian Dowie....in a good way.
Great effort and a real handful for defenders hampered by a poor touch but then capable of the odd killer pass.
The New Dowie! on 10:45 - Feb 7 with 2049 viewsJonDoeman

I like him as well Dave. Bit of a mystery what was going on earlier on in the season , playing Fer / Phillips up front rather than this awkward lump . I'd say truly clueless if it was just Ramsey but Warnock did it as well.

It Is What It Is !!

The New Dowie! on 10:55 - Feb 7 with 2020 viewsTacticalR

He is prettier than Dowie.

Air hostess clique

The New Dowie! on 11:06 - Feb 7 with 1992 viewsbosh67

The wind was a devil yesterday and his close control at his feet needs some work but he is getting more confident game by game. He reminds me of Marc Nygaard but his link up play is far better already. He's a git to play against because he is everywhere and almost completely unpredictable. He is like a deer having a fit in a china shop but has the potential to cause more damage. He is very good in the air at set pieces and at defensively. I wish we put more on his head in the area because he has already shown that he knows where the goal is if you put it on his head.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The New Dowie! on 11:24 - Feb 7 with 1947 viewsstevec

Spent much of the game thinking is there anyone else we can play up front alongside Washington and please don't let him be the death knell of two up front at its first real attempt whilst simultaneously enjoying how unpleasant he makes it for defenders, as you say, a real handful.

Kind of look forward to seeing him out there with nothing much to play for but might take a different view when it gets serious again next August.
The New Dowie! on 11:32 - Feb 7 with 1913 viewsspencer

I am not a big fan of, oh...he works his socks of so play him attitude.Give me £40k a week and ask me to play for QPR and I would run my socks off.

Having said that....there is something about Polter i like. He does run his socks off...he is rather limited....at the moment....But, he is scoring goals and he will certainly be good foil for young Washington plus is is very good in the air...defending and attacking.

Looks like we are going to be in this league next year, so hopefully, we can help build his game and we can turn him into a very useful striker.
The New Dowie! on 12:35 - Feb 7 with 1800 viewsGloucs_R

The New Dowie! on 11:32 - Feb 7 by spencer

I am not a big fan of, oh...he works his socks of so play him attitude.Give me £40k a week and ask me to play for QPR and I would run my socks off.

Having said that....there is something about Polter i like. He does run his socks off...he is rather limited....at the moment....But, he is scoring goals and he will certainly be good foil for young Washington plus is is very good in the air...defending and attacking.

Looks like we are going to be in this league next year, so hopefully, we can help build his game and we can turn him into a very useful striker.

I watched the highlights yesterday and he seemed to be involved in every shot we had. Glad he won player of the month, good for his confidence

Poll: Are we staying up?

The New Dowie! on 12:59 - Feb 7 with 1756 viewsDeepcutHoop

The New Dowie! on 11:32 - Feb 7 by spencer

We can't give players credit for working their socks off now?
The New Dowie! on 15:14 - Feb 7 with 1591 viewsGuppy22

I love him, love his attitude, his work rate and the fact he looks like he really wants to play for us. To top it off apparently loves the song about him!!
Login to get fewer ads

The New Dowie! on 16:39 - Feb 7 with 1478 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Literally think he is a carbon copy of Heidar Helguson. Just much taller

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

The New Dowie! on 16:50 - Feb 7 with 1450 viewsHunterhoop

The New Dowie! on 16:39 - Feb 7 by RANGERS4EVER

I like Polter a lot, but he is not in Heidar's league, yet.
The New Dowie! on 20:31 - Feb 7 with 1275 viewsterryb

The New Dowie! on 16:50 - Feb 7 by Hunterhoop

I like Polter a lot, but he is not in Heidar's league, yet.

A long way from Heidar at the moment.

However, I can't recall Heidar playing as many defence splitting passes. Polter played at least three yesterday.

IF he can develop his first touch he will be a very good player for us. At the moment though, he is just a developing talent that gives his all for us & is loving being in the team!

Ain't that nice to see?
The New Dowie! on 09:07 - Feb 8 with 1134 viewsrsonist

The New Dowie! on 16:39 - Feb 7 by RANGERS4EVER

I usually try and make an effort to give a constructive response, but in this instance.... LOL
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 9:07]
The New Dowie! on 09:10 - Feb 8 with 1121 viewsDorse

I like Polter. I can, however, be accused of being both clappy and, occasionally, happy.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The New Dowie! on 09:51 - Feb 8 with 1084 viewsPinnerPaul

The New Dowie! on 10:45 - Feb 7 by JonDoeman

I like him as well Dave. Bit of a mystery what was going on earlier on in the season , playing Fer / Phillips up front rather than this awkward lump . I'd say truly clueless if it was just Ramsey but Warnock did it as well.

See interview in programme with him a few weeks back.

He said it was hard for him & his family to settle initially - said himself he found new set up/country/step up difficult, so maybe Ramsey/Warnock not quite so perverse in not picking him.

We only see a tiny part of footballers working week don't forget (albeit the most importantly part obviously!)

However there is lots we don't see that influences managers' decisions on who plays each week.
The New Dowie! on 10:28 - Feb 8 with 1043 viewsPunteR

Do we like him because he's cheap and therefore seems value for money? I've no idea what money he's on I'm just guessing. He's not the best footballer in the world.
He has scored goals and from what I've seen of him he's control of the ball is awful but he is entertaining to watch.
There's plenty of room for improvement though. As long as the goals don't dry up he could be around for a while.
Just need to get crosses onto his head and he'll be fine.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024