Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Valentines Day. 10:53 - Feb 8 with 4423 viewsDiscodroids

I have no intention of paying £9 for a side dish of Mange Tout with about 6 manges in it like last year. All that Bacardi money invested in Mrs Disco during our formal courtship has to be accounted for. The books simply must be balanced.

Thus, If the fiscal imbalance is to be addressed by means of a sensibly priced meal at a lower to mid ranking Restaurant that caters for these events in the Woodford Area, then so be it.

Happy Valentines day , My darling.

What a complete Rip off.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 10:54]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Valentines Day. on 15:08 - Feb 8 with 1186 viewsKonk

Valentines Day. on 14:40 - Feb 8 by Mick_S

This is it. Essentially, you can either go for Phil Brown on holiday c/w sweater on shoulders or Linen jacket, chinos/jeans and loafers with no socks, or Phil Brown in Beer garden, which is shirt, sweater on shoulders, chino shorts and loafers with no socks. If you can stretch to an expensive looking watch and sunglasses perched on your napper whilst you check out menus, then you are home and dry.

We walked 90% of the time, got the odd water bus (didn’t stretch to water taxis) and did a Gondola trip, which I really enjoyed despite being cheesy as fu ck; think it was about £80.

Be warned, it’s strangely difficult to get a drink after about 9pm. Had a very good meal at Al Timon — get a shout here: http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2012/aug/29/venice-that-tourists-miss-cannareg - it’s in Cannaregio, so a bit of a walk from the heart of everything touristy, but we ate there twice and thought the food was very good and good value for money. Mix of locals and tourists. Not open during the day, and might not be open all year round. You might wander round there and find it all underwhelming, but we found it a nice break from the 5m people who were busying standing around blocking every alleyway in the centre. I just really enjoyed having a few drinks by the canal in a quieter part of town.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Valentines Day. (n/t) on 15:08 - Feb 8 with 1183 viewsRamseyR

Fancy a personailsed card for 99p?

I followed this tip I found on another forum. It does work, but you have to have the card delivered to yourself, which as long as you live at the same address......Mrs Ramsey will be chuffed!
I'm a keeper

Go to Truprint.co.uk ..order a 7x5 greetings card and enter the code VAL99SAVE at the checkout and the cost will come down to 99p delivered
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 15:15]
Valentines Day. (n/t) on 15:42 - Feb 8 with 1143 viewsBoston

Valentines Day. (n/t) on 15:08 - Feb 8 by RamseyR

Fancy a personailsed card for 99p?

I followed this tip I found on another forum. It does work, but you have to have the card delivered to yourself, which as long as you live at the same address......Mrs Ramsey will be chuffed!
I'm a keeper

Go to Truprint.co.uk ..order a 7x5 greetings card and enter the code VAL99SAVE at the checkout and the cost will come down to 99p delivered
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 15:15]

You can always just kiss the mirror.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Valentines Day. on 17:35 - Feb 8 with 1086 viewsted_hendrix

I love you.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Valentines Day. on 18:03 - Feb 8 with 1062 viewskensalriser

Thanks Ted, that means a lot.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Valentines Day. on 18:15 - Feb 8 with 1053 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think we should all make some kind of effort.

I've offered not to wipe my knob on the curtains.
Valentines Day. on 18:19 - Feb 8 with 1048 viewsRangersw12

Ordered some flowers to be delivered on Sat

It's the least I can do whilst I go to Rangers and get hammered leaving her with 3 kids !
Valentines Day. on 18:35 - Feb 8 with 1041 viewsderbyhoop

On Saturday night, I'm taking the Mrs to Manchester Arena to see Foals, supported by Everything Everything. Some of my work colleagues don't think that rates as a romantoic night out.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Valentines Day. on 18:44 - Feb 8 with 1033 viewsHooped_Pullie

Valentine's Day comes a week or so after Mrs Pullie's birthday-themed shindigs, so we buy each other a card, stay at home, and reaffirm that we love each other three hundred and sixty-five days a year rather than just the one.

We're a close, romantic couple (even after all these years) but we're both in total agreement that Valentine's is a complete and utter ripoff.

As ripoffs go, we'd rather have the other sort (!) ….ooh err, Missus
Valentines Day. on 20:59 - Feb 8 with 972 viewsBlackCrowe

Valentines Day. on 14:05 - Feb 8 by stowmarketrange

I'm off to Rome for Valentines day,and luckily my Mrs didn't want to come with me.I did offer,but as soon as she found out I'd booked rugby tickets she didn't want to know.
There is no pleasing some people is there?

Am doing the same Stowmarket, except my wife is coming but not the too the match. A cunning plan hatched by a mate and I to invite the wags and then introduce the match a few days later. They go shopping or whatever and we large it at the stadio Olympico - everyone wins. tickets cheap too.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Valentines Day. on 21:07 - Feb 8 with 961 viewskensalriser

Valentines Day. on 18:35 - Feb 8 by derbyhoop

On Saturday night, I'm taking the Mrs to Manchester Arena to see Foals, supported by Everything Everything. Some of my work colleagues don't think that rates as a romantoic night out.

Should be a good gig though. Saw them in Paris last week.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Valentines Day. on 21:08 - Feb 8 with 959 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Valentines Day. on 11:21 - Feb 8 by Discodroids

that made me chuckle.

For some Reason , I See Our Bri Mcarthy as the LFW Mr Moonlight. I always read his posts in a waspish Irish Brogue. He can make" Traore is a cnt", sound like a sonnet.

I'm afraid if a man had any desire for a sex life the Valentine's minefield has to be negotiated, and with just as much care.

How to treat a girlfriend on Valentine's may be a thorny issue, but that's as nothing compared to the conundrum of what to do with the girlfriend you intend to split from; ditch her before Valentine's and you're the cheap heartless bastard that the League of Wimmin will immediately and irrevocably blacklist, stay with her and give her the full meal-and-roses treatment and you're forced to stay with her for another couple of months. It's a tightrope, Spud, a fuggin' tightrope.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Valentines Day. on 21:10 - Feb 8 with 955 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Valentines Day. on 21:08 - Feb 8 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm afraid if a man had any desire for a sex life the Valentine's minefield has to be negotiated, and with just as much care.

How to treat a girlfriend on Valentine's may be a thorny issue, but that's as nothing compared to the conundrum of what to do with the girlfriend you intend to split from; ditch her before Valentine's and you're the cheap heartless bastard that the League of Wimmin will immediately and irrevocably blacklist, stay with her and give her the full meal-and-roses treatment and you're forced to stay with her for another couple of months. It's a tightrope, Spud, a fuggin' tightrope.

Fake your own death? Then re appear like Harold from Neighbours .
Valentines Day. on 22:42 - Feb 8 with 923 viewsjohncharles

Valentines Day. on 13:25 - Feb 8 by Boston

These British Valentines Days, sheesh.....over 'ere we wipe clean the hardware, carefully put it in a violin case...

Al Capone knew how to throw a party

Strong and stable my arse.

Valentines Day. on 22:58 - Feb 8 with 911 viewskomradkirk

Valentines Day is also my wedding anniversary.
Smooth bastard so i am
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024