Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul clement 18:14 - Feb 8 with 19367 viewstonyQPR

Sacked by Derby
Paul clement on 06:03 - Feb 9 with 3252 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ramsey's sacking was premature; this is rank idiocy, incomprehensible.

Their chairman/owner wouldn't know a good manager if it bit him on the arse!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Paul clement on 08:14 - Feb 9 with 3139 viewsToast_R

Paul clement on 06:03 - Feb 9 by isawqpratwcity

Don't understand this decision at all.

They've basically given up this season?
I'd be gobsmacked if the Youth coach can do any better.
Paul clement on 08:37 - Feb 9 with 3102 viewsPinnerPaul

Paul clement on 18:22 - Feb 8 by Rangersw12

Don't understand the statement they have out out either

Says they didn't plan for promotion but then go onto say they have the best squad and should be winning more games !

Exactly what I thought - madness.

Rotherham also sacked manager yesterday, after 4 months - hey ho.
Paul clement on 08:38 - Feb 9 with 3100 viewsPinnerPaul

Paul clement on 18:31 - Feb 8 by Hooped_Pullie

That tag will haunt him forever….

He can be seen as exceptionally unlucky in this instance, though, surely. No matter what they say, the Derby board are clearly desperate to reach the top flight.

Given his pedigree, and the performance of the Derby squad for most of this long, long Championship season, I don't think he'll be out of work for very long.

Can't see him fancying the Barnsley or Rotherham jobs that are going at the moment, mind !

I wouldn't say "most" of the season, they haven't won since before Christmas.
Paul clement on 08:41 - Feb 9 with 3086 viewseasthertsr

Do you think Mr fat big sideboards thinks the Derby board are 'fooking w@nkers' ?
Paul clement on 09:49 - Feb 9 with 2941 viewsisawqpratwcity

Paul clement on 08:38 - Feb 9 by PinnerPaul

I wouldn't say "most" of the season, they haven't won since before Christmas.

That still makes it most of the season. I'm arguing this for the manager, I couldn't give flying fck for the club and it's idiot, brain-dead, ungrateful chairman/owner. He makes Fernandes look like the wisdom of Solomon.

Since they last won on Boxing Day, they've drawn four and lost three. As their overall record is an impressive 13-12-5, Ipswich fans must have felt pretty bloody good finishing off the the last of the Christmas Pud on Boxing Day evening. As their three losses since were Burnley, Boro and Brum, they weren't exactly wildly improbable.

I reckon Mel Morris saw the two automatic promotion places just starting to pull out of reach and his exaggerated sense of entitlement made him lash out at Clement. He was just too gutless to say that he wanted the whole fcking world on a plate. Not making enough progress on 'the Derby way'? FOAD, Morris, you are arse cancer to the supporters and to football generally.

Paul clement on 10:02 - Feb 9 with 2901 viewsQPunkR

Paul clement on 06:03 - Feb 9 by isawqpratwcity

If someone randomly bites you on the arse unannounced (without payment of course), they're probably not a good manager.

QPR - "shit but local"

Paul clement on 10:09 - Feb 9 with 2882 viewsisawqpratwcity

Paul clement on 10:02 - Feb 9 by QPunkR

If someone randomly bites you on the arse unannounced (without payment of course), they're probably not a good manager.

You're absolutely right. A cowardly, undeserved attack from behind is the owner's prerogative.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul clement on 10:22 - Feb 9 with 2833 viewsadhoc_qpr

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/derbys-20m-gamble-t

I think it's pretty clearly a panic sacking, hoping for a short term 'new manager' boost to get them up!
Paul clement on 10:24 - Feb 9 with 2818 viewsJamie

As already said, if they don't go up, they'll be joining us under an FFP embargo.

Added to that, if the players though he was a cnt then the chairman has decided it's better to put in someone the players like and leaving them to sort it out themselves.
Paul clement on 10:25 - Feb 9 with 2816 viewsMick_S

Paul clement on 10:09 - Feb 9 by isawqpratwcity

You're absolutely right. A cowardly, undeserved attack from behind is the owner's prerogative.

Saw this on an Ipswich forum yesterday - what on earth could he mean?

London is generally a bit of a hole. Living anywhere in the capital would be my worst nightmare.

Last time I was there I had to politely ask the bellend pushing with both hands in to my back all the way down the stairs in the tube station to cease posthaste.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Paul clement on 10:44 - Feb 9 with 2774 viewsHooparoo

This is modern football at its worst.

Madness.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Paul clement on 10:49 - Feb 9 with 2758 viewsNW10Hoop

Paul clement on 21:16 - Feb 8 by Juzzie

I wasn't shoe horning in anything.

If anything, I'm saying the same.... the fact that they are many clubs that are badly run and had Clement come to us I doubt this season would have been much different. Just in the same way Ramsey was not wholly to blame for our poor spell under him.

Fair play. I didn't think a comparison was needed so apologies for jumping the gun.

On a broader note though.... There is still a tendency for our most vocal fans online to almost revel in our failings. If another club fvcks up - we'd have fvcked it up worse. If a club has a bit of good fortune - we'd have blown it.

I'm all for gallows humour - it's essential when you support any team with little prospects of winning a major competition anytime soon. But maybe the constant belittling of all things QPR online and the current subdued atmosphere at Loftus Road aren't entirely unrelated?
Paul clement on 11:19 - Feb 9 with 2688 viewsfakekerby

Hopefully Tony doesn't try and bring him in as a coach completely undermining Jimmy's authority.
Paul clement on 11:26 - Feb 9 with 2663 viewsjamois

Paul clement on 11:19 - Feb 9 by fakekerby

Hopefully Tony doesn't try and bring him in as a coach completely undermining Jimmy's authority.

About as likely as Disco inviting Karl Henry and Traore over for a game of cluedo and a family sized pizza.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Paul clement on 11:56 - Feb 9 with 2580 viewsjohncharles

Paul clement on 11:26 - Feb 9 by jamois

About as likely as Disco inviting Karl Henry and Traore over for a game of cluedo and a family sized pizza.

Dunno, he might invite them round and once there in, lock them in there and buggered off to Spain for a couple of weeks.

Strong and stable my arse.

Paul clement on 12:30 - Feb 9 with 2478 viewsade_qpr

Paul clement on 11:26 - Feb 9 by jamois

Going for Disco to murder Traore with the corner flag on the penalty spot.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Paul clement on 13:13 - Feb 9 with 2361 viewsLongsufferingR

Paul clement on 00:11 - Feb 9 by CroydonCaptJack

Wasn't it Brighton v Brentford?

...close enough
Paul clement on 14:28 - Feb 9 with 2245 views1BobbyHazell

Paul clement on 12:30 - Feb 9 by ade_qpr

Going for Disco to murder Traore with the corner flag on the penalty spot.

LFW cluedo! Aces!

It was Blob, in the Frankie thread, with a mysteriously large roll of tenners.

It was Northern, in the Ellerslie bogs, with a 'It's not the f*cking manager' banner.
Paul clement on 15:39 - Feb 9 with 2136 viewsPinnerPaul

I see tickets are now on sale for "Oh Bobby Zamora Day" on the 8th of next month!
Paul clement on 15:44 - Feb 9 with 2116 viewswhittocksRs

Couldn't happen to a smugger, more self-deluded club and set to fans.

A few titles in the seventies make not a Premier League team.

Will be celebrating BZD extra hard this year.
Paul clement on 16:07 - Feb 9 with 2058 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I read a stat this morning that the average life expectancy of a Championship Manager is 16 months. Young lads flying Lancaster bombers over Germany in WW2 survived longer than that!

To the outsider, it seems madness so I am wondering if there isn't something else to it. Either way, you can't help but feel that for the third year on the trot, they're in the process of blowing it.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Paul clement on 17:13 - Feb 9 with 1974 viewsTacticalR

Paul clement on 16:07 - Feb 9 by PlanetHonneywood

I read a stat this morning that the average life expectancy of a Championship Manager is 16 months. Young lads flying Lancaster bombers over Germany in WW2 survived longer than that!

To the outsider, it seems madness so I am wondering if there isn't something else to it. Either way, you can't help but feel that for the third year on the trot, they're in the process of blowing it.

According to Michael Calvin, in 'Living on the Volcano - The Secrets of Surviving as a Football Manager' (2015):

'The average lifespan of a Football League manager is 17 months, a sentence reduced to eight months in the charnel house of the Championship.'

Air hostess clique

Paul clement on 18:21 - Feb 9 with 1873 viewsNorthernr

Paul clement on 14:28 - Feb 9 by 1BobbyHazell

LFW cluedo! Aces!

It was Blob, in the Frankie thread, with a mysteriously large roll of tenners.

It was Northern, in the Ellerslie bogs, with a 'It's not the f*cking manager' banner.

Wrong room/stand I'm afraid.
Paul clement on 18:29 - Feb 9 with 1852 viewsBklynRanger

Paul clement on 18:21 - Feb 9 by Northernr

Wrong room/stand I'm afraid.

I'd still like to know what an 'anus womble' is. I think I'm entitled to an explanation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024