Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul clement 18:14 - Feb 8 with 19494 viewstonyQPR

Sacked by Derby
Paul clement on 18:46 - Feb 9 with 2840 viewsCamberleyR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35533154

According to the owner now it was Paul Clement who wanted promotion this season and not the board. He's saying the board just wanted to further build foundations for when they eventually do get promoted.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Paul clement on 19:07 - Feb 9 with 2804 viewsbosh67

Paul clement on 18:46 - Feb 9 by CamberleyR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35533154

According to the owner now it was Paul Clement who wanted promotion this season and not the board. He's saying the board just wanted to further build foundations for when they eventually do get promoted.

Just saw that. Mel Morris is either some kind of crazy genius or a lunatic.

I am trying to get my head around the interview. Your manager is pushing for promotion so you sack him. The squad needs time to get it right, so it doesn't want to go up because it made a mess of it 8 years ago. So Clement's short term view of getting the team promoted was not shared by the board.

So they employed a manager and said under no circumstances get this team promoted. They must have been sh*tting themselves when they were top not so long ago.

I can understand a board thinking a club isn't ready to go u but if it suddenly finds itself threatened with going up surely you go with it? This seems to be sabotaging the chance of going up. I am sure the Derby fans must be absolutely delighted to learn that the owners sacked the manager because he looked like he may take them up first time.

How very dare he!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paul clement on 19:24 - Feb 9 with 2770 viewsTacticalR

Paul clement on 19:07 - Feb 9 by bosh67

I am trying to get my head around the interview. Your manager is pushing for promotion so you sack him. The squad needs time to get it right, so it doesn't want to go up because it made a mess of it 8 years ago. So Clement's short term view of getting the team promoted was not shared by the board.

So they employed a manager and said under no circumstances get this team promoted. They must have been sh*tting themselves when they were top not so long ago.

I can understand a board thinking a club isn't ready to go u but if it suddenly finds itself threatened with going up surely you go with it? This seems to be sabotaging the chance of going up. I am sure the Derby fans must be absolutely delighted to learn that the owners sacked the manager because he looked like he may take them up first time.

How very dare he!

If this is the case, why didn't they sack him when they went top of the table in December?

Air hostess clique

Paul clement on 19:26 - Feb 9 with 2760 viewsGetMeRangers

How very dare he!

Can see some logic. Don't know about others, but would prefer to go up with a squad that is capable of remaining up there and able to compete.

However, given that it is difficult to get out of this division, then surely you must embrace that opportunity, should it arise and perhaps re-assess how you take on the challenge of PL. Burnley appear to have the right idea about how that should be done and looking now well placed to bounce back at first opportunity
Paul clement on 19:31 - Feb 9 with 2754 viewsBklynRanger

Very odd. He seems to be saying that their current league position is a bit of a fluke, in the sense that Clement hasn't been achieving the components of their 'plan' along the way. Basically they wanted him to focus on process rather than outcomes.

That comes across as either total shyte or a new level of arrogance. You can't pull back the throttle and decide that you can up whenever you decide you're ready.

I'm guessing it more to do with personality issues and the other stuff is bomboozling mindfcukery.
Paul clement on 20:43 - Feb 9 with 2660 viewsTacticalR

@BklynRanger 'bomboozling mindfcukery'

From the Derby Forum:

'Let's have a MM quote from the Season Ticket renewal letter shall we, sent out LAST WEEK.

"On the pitch, we've seen progress in both individual players and the team in Paul's first season as our Head Coach. We've seen him develop and evolve in his role and I am sure he will continue to be one of the outstanding coaching talents of his generation - and we've reaped the benefits of his work when you look at the team's performance."'

http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/21770-clement-gone/?page=34#comment-962390

Air hostess clique

Paul clement on 20:53 - Feb 9 with 2634 viewsBklynRanger

There you go mate - I don't even know his name but I've got him, I've got him over a barrel!
Paul clement on 22:35 - Feb 9 with 2534 viewsderbyhoop

How very dare he!

About as believable as Redknapp's knee.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Paul clement on 00:08 - Feb 10 with 2487 viewsisawqpratwcity

Paul clement on 19:26 - Feb 9 by GetMeRangers

Can see some logic. Don't know about others, but would prefer to go up with a squad that is capable of remaining up there and able to compete.

However, given that it is difficult to get out of this division, then surely you must embrace that opportunity, should it arise and perhaps re-assess how you take on the challenge of PL. Burnley appear to have the right idea about how that should be done and looking now well placed to bounce back at first opportunity

This is one of my bugbears.

You don't get to be promoted when you are good enough to compete effectively in the Premier, you get promoted as soon as you are better than most Championship clubs, and they are two very different things.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Paul clement on 00:55 - Feb 10 with 2453 viewsGetMeRangers

Paul clement on 00:08 - Feb 10 by isawqpratwcity

This is one of my bugbears.

You don't get to be promoted when you are good enough to compete effectively in the Premier, you get promoted as soon as you are better than most Championship clubs, and they are two very different things.

I agree... much as we have learnt to our cost, as have many other teams.

Given MM comments to season ticket renewals, he must rank up there with Tango and Cash. Not that it will happen, but I would be worried if we accidentally got promoted this year... though that would mean another win at Wembley to achieve it... not all bad Haha
Paul clement on 02:16 - Feb 10 with 2427 viewsBrightonhoop

Paul clement on 19:26 - Feb 9 by GetMeRangers

Not sure about that. Brighton Albion have taken the same approach and achieved little since gaining a new ground. I cant understand it, saw them relegated by Arsenal in 1979 I think and they keep saying 'not ready for the big time'. Just dont get that. It was worth £90 Mil when we went up twice?

Not sure what kind of Club denises the chance of £90 Mil plus parachute payments if it goes tit's up. So cannot begin to comprehend Derby sacking Bale and Ronaldos top coach.

Total bottle job.
Paul clement on 03:31 - Feb 10 with 2409 viewsisawqpratwcity

Paul clement on 00:55 - Feb 10 by GetMeRangers

I agree... much as we have learnt to our cost, as have many other teams.

Given MM comments to season ticket renewals, he must rank up there with Tango and Cash. Not that it will happen, but I would be worried if we accidentally got promoted this year... though that would mean another win at Wembley to achieve it... not all bad Haha

At risk of saying something nice about T&C, sorry, they weren't that bad. This MM is in a class of his own.

The bloke is clearly a total megalomaniac. He thinks his money and power can do anything, instantly. He obviously has no regard for truth or consistency, and I suspect his apprehension of reality to be irredeemably compromised.

Here's my prediction for Derby fans, and it's all bad. This bloke will fail spectacularly, and will just drop the club and walk away. He will never have heard of Derby County. He may not be able to transfer his debts to the club, but that won't matter much. The organisational chaos, crippling wages and likely FFP will knacker the club.

He does deserve a statue, though. Life-size, 24 carat gold, with a four letter title: "C*NT".

Paul clement on 18:21 - Feb 12 with 2211 viewsTacticalR

Keogh's back!

Northern Ireland international Chris Baird loses Derby captaincy in wake of Clement sacking
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/northern-ireland-international-

Air hostess clique

Paul clement on 18:28 - Feb 12 with 2189 viewsisawqpratwcity

Paul clement on 18:21 - Feb 12 by TacticalR

Keogh's back!

Northern Ireland international Chris Baird loses Derby captaincy in wake of Clement sacking
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/northern-ireland-international-

"The 33-year-old has struggled to nail down a regular place in the team in recent months"

So who was the captain when he wasn't playing?

Paul clement on 19:44 - Feb 12 with 2075 viewsPinnerPaul

How very dare he!

Yeah , I mean what club wants a £100M anyway - much better to sit there beating Rotherham 3-0 next season playing like Barcelona!

What an idiot!
Paul clement on 20:56 - Feb 12 with 2024 viewsTacticalR

Paul clement on 19:44 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

Yeah , I mean what club wants a £100M anyway - much better to sit there beating Rotherham 3-0 next season playing like Barcelona!

What an idiot!

But didn't we all agree a while ago that the Premiership is overrated and no-one likes being there?

Air hostess clique

Paul clement on 21:28 - Feb 12 with 2004 viewsPommyhoop

Paul clement on 03:31 - Feb 10 by isawqpratwcity

At risk of saying something nice about T&C, sorry, they weren't that bad. This MM is in a class of his own.

The bloke is clearly a total megalomaniac. He thinks his money and power can do anything, instantly. He obviously has no regard for truth or consistency, and I suspect his apprehension of reality to be irredeemably compromised.

Here's my prediction for Derby fans, and it's all bad. This bloke will fail spectacularly, and will just drop the club and walk away. He will never have heard of Derby County. He may not be able to transfer his debts to the club, but that won't matter much. The organisational chaos, crippling wages and likely FFP will knacker the club.

He does deserve a statue, though. Life-size, 24 carat gold, with a four letter title: "C*NT".

He's actually a local boy done good and was a season ticket holder back in the early 70's and even remembers being 'run into the river' by Stoke.
I agree the man sounds like a knob but I recon he cares alot more for his club than T&C did or even TF does for us..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Paul clement on 21:49 - Feb 12 with 1978 viewsTacticalR

As pointed out previously the average tenure for a Championship manager is eight months and Clement has lasted eight months. The manager is given a two or three-year contract to persuade him to come to the club, but I expect all parties know it's really payment for eight months.

Air hostess clique

Paul clement on 00:41 - Feb 13 with 1889 viewsisawqpratwcity

Paul clement on 21:28 - Feb 12 by Pommyhoop

He's actually a local boy done good and was a season ticket holder back in the early 70's and even remembers being 'run into the river' by Stoke.
I agree the man sounds like a knob but I recon he cares alot more for his club than T&C did or even TF does for us..

Then I take that on board but still say 'wait and see'.

It makes me incandescent with rage to sack a manager for having the temerity to fall to fifth place. It isn't his love for the club I contest, it's that his expectation of performance has so little margin for error. The man has some serious compromising to do on comparing what he wants to what life dishes up. These lessons are going to have to be learned publicly and that is going to hurt. Lesson 1 is going to be that Derby isn't Manure: competent managers will only risk walking a demonstrated, sudden-death high-wire to win a glittering prize, and Derby ain't it.

Much as I loathe Briatore, his disdain for managers was based on a) he only ever wanted a puppet, and b) he knew he was rummaging through the bargain bin anyway. He at least had the sense to shut up when he saw that Warnock was actually succeeding. His contempt only re-emerged when Warnock had got the club to where T&C could take their profit and run. And Fernandes' problem is that he is naive and over-awed by reputation and thus doesn't know the difference between a 'fishing expedition' shopping list and an actual plan.

Paul clement on 00:57 - Feb 13 with 1880 viewsisawqpratwcity

Paul clement on 21:49 - Feb 12 by TacticalR

As pointed out previously the average tenure for a Championship manager is eight months and Clement has lasted eight months. The manager is given a two or three-year contract to persuade him to come to the club, but I expect all parties know it's really payment for eight months.

Yeh, the problem with that is that this is the bizarrely unusual case where the bloke was actually performing.

Paul clement on 13:02 - Feb 13 with 1784 viewsRangersDave

I'm surprised no one has clipped to make a gif of the derby supporter at the playoffs saying "kin vvankers"
Seems a perfect gif for this thread

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Paul clement on 14:10 - Feb 13 with 1755 viewsTGRRRSSS

Paul clement on 20:49 - Feb 8 by derbyhoop

Wasn't that what Warnock did to Ramsey at Pride Park. Don't want to resurrect more rows about Ramsey but just putting it out there.

Warnock wasnt the chairman though. It was stupid they shoulda ditched Ramsay before bringing anyone in.
As for Derby this will be interesting going forward...

I assume they will face exodus as several will surely interest Prem clubs going forward.
Paul clement on 14:21 - Feb 14 with 1694 viewsTacticalR

Derby seems quite a strange place these days.

Darren Wassall 'delighted' with Rams despite home defeat to MK Dons
http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Darren-Wassall-delighted-Rams/story

Presumably, they played the Derby Way, so everybody is happy.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024