Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! 20:13 - Feb 8 with 5814 viewsbosh67

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us!

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:16 - Feb 8 with 4500 viewsbosh67

Stan is such a legend at our club. So much the maverick spirit of what we are about. I think we should honour him by renaming the Loft after him while he is around and able to take it in. It would mean so much to him and to many of us fans who were privileged to see the man play.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:16 - Feb 8 with 4498 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I've said maybe, as I think a statue would be better
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:18 - Feb 8 with 4484 viewsRSoul

I voted no, he can have one of the side stands. The loft wouldn't seem right with any other name. Even if it is for the best reason.
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:23 - Feb 8 with 4467 viewsRSoul

Statue great idea, although have you seen some of the other statues? Very mixed results
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:26 - Feb 8 with 4454 viewsQPRDave

I think when the sad day arrives that Stan is no longer with us, we will name a stand after him. Why not do it now.
The Stan Bowles Loft ?
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:27 - Feb 8 with 4452 viewsgorky

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:18 - Feb 8 by RSoul

I voted no, he can have one of the side stands. The loft wouldn't seem right with any other name. Even if it is for the best reason.

south africa or ellerslie i'd go with,but i think the loft should always be the loft.
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:28 - Feb 8 with 4449 viewsdavman

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:26 - Feb 8 by QPRDave

I think when the sad day arrives that Stan is no longer with us, we will name a stand after him. Why not do it now.
The Stan Bowles Loft ?

With RSOUL - the side stands are named after the road they are on and the other end is named after what was behind it. They should be considered before the Loft, which is OUR stand (sorry, Stan).

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:33 - Feb 8 with 4428 viewsbosh67

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:26 - Feb 8 by QPRDave

The Stan Bowles Loft ?

The Stan Bowles Loft would be excellent.

Never knowingly right.

Login to get fewer ads

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:33 - Feb 8 with 4422 viewsBrightonhoop

Well, The Loft will always be The Loft but no reason I can think of why Ellerslie or SAR should not be named The Stanley Bowles. And it would be a great gesture from the Club to do it whilst the great man is still with us, and an ackownledgement of all this is important to this Clubs heritage.

How do you get something like this done? Media Team? Tweet Tony? Love this idea and would love to see it happen Pronto. Great shout Bosh.

Norf, any ideas how it could be achieved quickly?
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:40 - Feb 8 with 4393 viewsQPRDave

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:33 - Feb 8 by bosh67

Would be a way of keeping both names alive wouldn't it
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:41 - Feb 8 with 4385 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:23 - Feb 8 by RSoul

Statue great idea, although have you seen some of the other statues? Very mixed results

Yeah we don't want some Micheal Jackson subbuteo one, like RedTrousersFC
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:42 - Feb 8 with 4381 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:33 - Feb 8 by bosh67

What about the Stan Bowles Air Asia Loft?
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 20:56 - Feb 8 with 4350 viewsMonahoop

A yes from I bosh.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 21:01 - Feb 8 with 4331 viewsBluce_Ree

Not the Loft.

South Africa though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 21:08 - Feb 8 with 4315 viewsRSoul

Statue? We can't even get a badge right😉
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 21:10 - Feb 8 with 4302 viewsBrightonhoop

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 21:08 - Feb 8 by RSoul

Statue? We can't even get a badge right😉

True that, fck consultation, just get on with it. Cant imagine thousands complaining, mind you dont tell the boo boys....
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 21:18 - Feb 8 with 4281 viewsbosh67

At the end of the day I am not too bothered what stand it is, but it should be one of them. If they renamed SAR after Stan I would be honoured as I've spent my whole life there.

Never knowingly right.

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 22:39 - Feb 8 with 4181 viewsgorky

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 21:18 - Feb 8 by bosh67

At the end of the day I am not too bothered what stand it is, but it should be one of them. If they renamed SAR after Stan I would be honoured as I've spent my whole life there.

what about SAR the Stanley stand, ellerslie the Macca stand?
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 22:51 - Feb 8 with 4165 viewsPommyhoop

A statue and a stand.
A statue of him mid strut like this .

Or maybe him studying the form like this..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 01:25 - Feb 9 with 4085 viewsBrightonhoop

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 22:51 - Feb 8 by Pommyhoop

A statue and a stand.
A statue of him mid strut like this .

Or maybe him studying the form like this..

Dont much care for statues, but why the FCK in 2016 have we not got a Stan Bowles Stand?
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 03:41 - Feb 9 with 4038 viewsloftinoz

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 01:25 - Feb 9 by Brightonhoop

Dont much care for statues, but why the FCK in 2016 have we not got a Stan Bowles Stand?

Why not the main stand, as he was for so long the "Main Man"?
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 06:18 - Feb 9 with 4005 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 01:25 - Feb 9 by Brightonhoop

The hard bit is deciding who doesn't get a stand.

Rodney?
Alan Mac?
El Tel?
Gerry Francis?
Alec Stock?
Dave Sexton?
Sir Les?
George Goddard?
Tony Ingham?

I believe that once you put a name on the stand, you don't rename it after that, so you'd better be sure. You only get four goes.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 07:39 - Feb 9 with 3954 viewsdaveB

Have said before we should name blocks after players so rather than sit in Mu you sit in the Gerry Francis block or the George Goddard block. On the entrance you have a picture of the player up and a bit of history about them, if they are still alive you could invite them back for a game and do a presentation before the game where they open the block
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 10:26 - Feb 9 with 3837 viewsfrancisbowles

Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 07:39 - Feb 9 by daveB

Have said before we should name blocks after players so rather than sit in Mu you sit in the Gerry Francis block or the George Goddard block. On the entrance you have a picture of the player up and a bit of history about them, if they are still alive you could invite them back for a game and do a presentation before the game where they open the block

That's a great idea Daveb.

I would like to see it in addition to a stand for Stan and Jim Gregory .
Rename the Loft in honour of Stan Bowles while he is with us! on 10:51 - Feb 9 with 3798 viewsNW10Hoop

The new stadium could be called the Stanley Bowl(es)!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024