Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR 21:32 - Feb 8 with 4182 viewsbosh67

Having watched the excellent thread with the year we went up under Ollie I don't think we have had a player at the club with as much passion and love for the club since the days of Gino, Birch, Gaz and Kev. Ale really is a gem.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/ale-faurlin-qpr-ipswich-town-2945306.aspx?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 22:29 - Feb 8 with 4072 viewsWokingR

You could also make a case for Clint Hill, Shaun Derry and even Jamie Mackie but you're right, you've got to love Ale
He just gets what it means doesn't he
Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 22:31 - Feb 8 with 4056 viewsLblock

If there's justice int his world then Ale will score a brace this Saturday in a 3-0 win versus the Tarquins after Washington gets the opener from a Poulter lay off.

And so say all of us.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 22:43 - Feb 8 with 4026 viewsA40Bosh

A friend of mine has become friendly with Ale in the last 6 months and as my mate's partner is American, with a young baby and she has zero family over here, they don't get out much, Ale treated them to tickets for Saturday as she had never been to a game. When they turned up to collect them they found that it was for the player's lounge and box. They did feel a tad underdressed though as he did not warn them.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 22:44]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 22:49 - Feb 8 with 3987 viewsenfieldargh

His contracts up at the end of the season me thinks?

Ale should be offered a new 2 or 3 year contract with a testimonial match included.

Come on TF/LF/JFH, you know it makes sense

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 23:03 - Feb 8 with 3962 viewsLblock

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 22:43 - Feb 8 by A40Bosh

A friend of mine has become friendly with Ale in the last 6 months and as my mate's partner is American, with a young baby and she has zero family over here, they don't get out much, Ale treated them to tickets for Saturday as she had never been to a game. When they turned up to collect them they found that it was for the player's lounge and box. They did feel a tad underdressed though as he did not warn them.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 22:44]

The term Legend is dished about far too often these days.
Not in Ale's case

But for cruel injuries I'm sure we'd of lost him to a bigger club but who knows? He may have kept us in the Prem, attracted better players and been sainted

I've spoken to him a few times and he skews the image of modern day footballers

Arise Sir Ale of Passalot

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 23:46 - Feb 8 with 3886 viewsPunteR

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 23:03 - Feb 8 by Lblock

The term Legend is dished about far too often these days.
Not in Ale's case

But for cruel injuries I'm sure we'd of lost him to a bigger club but who knows? He may have kept us in the Prem, attracted better players and been sainted

I've spoken to him a few times and he skews the image of modern day footballers

Arise Sir Ale of Passalot

He's a class act and would certainly have gone to a bigger club if it wasn't for his injuries.
I cant believe he's actually still playing, I remember a lot on here,myself included thought that was it for him. I'm still a bit nervy watching him,like he's my own son or something,dreading his knee going again.
Top player,Mr QPR...
I really hope he gets a contract extension. He deserves it on merit.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 06:27 - Feb 9 with 3756 viewsDWQPR

And despite his injury problems he has not shirked a tackle this season, competed for every ball and run himself into the ground. In contrast to a couple of so-called footballers who are now on loan and no doubt still earning a much healthier wedge than Alé.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 08:12 - Feb 9 with 3646 viewsmcqpr10

I love the guy. When i woke up to the news that he did his ACL for the third time against Burton i spent the next few days gutted like he was a member of my own family. To go through what he's been through, and play 20 odd games this year is a miracle. Absolute credit to his profession.
Login to get fewer ads

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 08:26 - Feb 9 with 3623 viewsMick_S

Arise Sir Ale of Passalot.

That is quality, sir.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 09:40 - Feb 9 with 3542 viewswrinklyhoop

I can only echo what's been said above. The guy is amazing. I should think he's something of a role model to the younger breed of players we've finally got around to recruiting. I can't imagine the Club won't offer him another year (or two) - there would be meltdown among the fans if they don't!
Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 09:54 - Feb 9 with 3506 viewsQPunkR

Señor QPR

QPR - "shit but local"

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 10:05 - Feb 9 with 3490 viewsRSoul

He loves us to!!!!! That's what makes it special☺☺ There are so many accounts of Ale going the extra mile. He is proper hero, one that you can believe in and be proud of. When I was younger, my dad told "Your heroes maybe great at what the do but they are not decent men". Well Ale is, end of!!!
Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 10:05 - Feb 9 with 3489 viewsisawqpratwcity

Am I getting my period?

Much as I love Ale for so many reasons, I think this thread is ott.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 10:08 - Feb 9 with 3481 viewsTheBlob

There was a thread on here some time ago, featuring one of our departed posters,which argued that sentiment has no place in football.Then as now that has been exposed as utter bollocks.Ale has become almost an unofficial ambassador for R's,his demeanour and efforts on and off the pitch deserve a special role at the club.When they made him they went and broke the mould.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 20:29 - Feb 9 with 3217 viewsmarkrtid

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 10:05 - Feb 9 by isawqpratwcity

Am I getting my period?

Much as I love Ale for so many reasons, I think this thread is ott.

OTT?
Maybe but he is a top bloke who deserves a good shout once in a while.
Next week we should have an Armand Traoré day.

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 22:21 - Feb 9 with 3148 viewsAgedR

Whether it's sentimental or not, players like Ale are why I pay to watch live football. And there ain't many players like Ale.

Sometimes those perfectly weighted dinks with that dream of a left peg are positively orgasmic.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 22:36 - Feb 9 with 3126 viewsstansleftfoot

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 22:21 - Feb 9 by AgedR

Whether it's sentimental or not, players like Ale are why I pay to watch live football. And there ain't many players like Ale.

Sometimes those perfectly weighted dinks with that dream of a left peg are positively orgasmic.

That magical moment when a midfield player passes the ball with the correct pace so that it divides full back and centre half and continues with the correct pace to find a winger....and Ale Faurlin has that pass on record.....why, why, why do we have to wait so long for it to happen.
Polter would lap it up, its almost indefensible by Championship full backs, is it because its regarded as elegant and therefore has no role in the game?
Its subtle, skillful, its team play, it requires effort, intellectual diligence and a sure touch....so not good for football?
Ale Faurlin, in spite, of tragic disasters both personally and for having to suffer the management of the Club his contracted to is an example to all the players and most of us as individuals.
Maybe things might change...his efforts against Ipswich were of legend to my mind....
Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 06:37 - Feb 10 with 3037 viewsjohnhoop

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 22:36 - Feb 9 by stansleftfoot

That magical moment when a midfield player passes the ball with the correct pace so that it divides full back and centre half and continues with the correct pace to find a winger....and Ale Faurlin has that pass on record.....why, why, why do we have to wait so long for it to happen.
Polter would lap it up, its almost indefensible by Championship full backs, is it because its regarded as elegant and therefore has no role in the game?
Its subtle, skillful, its team play, it requires effort, intellectual diligence and a sure touch....so not good for football?
Ale Faurlin, in spite, of tragic disasters both personally and for having to suffer the management of the Club his contracted to is an example to all the players and most of us as individuals.
Maybe things might change...his efforts against Ipswich were of legend to my mind....

One of the many reasons I loathe Redknapp is that he clearly didn't want to play Ale from the start. He played clearly inferior players ahead of him and then, to answer the clamour for his inclusion pulled the old trick of picking him for a meaningless cup game in a thrown together side which were doomed to fail. Ale was made one of the scapegoats for their failure and shipped of to some cr-p Italian side for the rest of the season where he was clearly gutted not to be with us.
Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 07:13 - Feb 10 with 3014 viewshoopdog

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 06:37 - Feb 10 by johnhoop

One of the many reasons I loathe Redknapp is that he clearly didn't want to play Ale from the start. He played clearly inferior players ahead of him and then, to answer the clamour for his inclusion pulled the old trick of picking him for a meaningless cup game in a thrown together side which were doomed to fail. Ale was made one of the scapegoats for their failure and shipped of to some cr-p Italian side for the rest of the season where he was clearly gutted not to be with us.

Your opinion of shared by many , but not HRs his choice
Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 07:47 - Feb 10 with 2991 viewsterryb

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 07:13 - Feb 10 by hoopdog

Your opinion of shared by many , but not HRs his choice

From memory (and of course, it is old man perfect!) HR stated that Ale wouldn't be part of the named 25.

Therefore Ale wanted to go on loan so that he could play matches.

Of course this thread is OTT. All love affairs suffer from that! An Ale Faurlin in his prime was good enough to have played in the '75-76 team.

Ale Faurlin is the epitome of integrity & is a true inspiration. Now to be known as Sir Ale of Passalot! Huge respect to the poster who came up with this title!
Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 09:33 - Feb 10 with 2939 viewspaulparker

Said many times that Ale would have played for Arsenal or Spurs if he didn't suffer the first injury at MK Dons , what a player
the bloke makes us tick , drives us forward and very rarely wastes a pass , he never ducks a tackle or a header either ,
if you cant go OTT over a player like Faurlin then what's the point in following football
his name is the first I look for on the team sheet these days

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 10:57 - Feb 10 with 2892 viewsNorthernr

Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 22:49 - Feb 8 by enfieldargh

His contracts up at the end of the season me thinks?

Ale should be offered a new 2 or 3 year contract with a testimonial match included.

Come on TF/LF/JFH, you know it makes sense

To be fair to QPR they've stood by him with contract renewals throughout when many clubs wouldn't. I'd be amazed if he wasn't given another year, which is the right and sensible thing to do. let's just make sure he gets through to the end of this season unscathed - that in itself would be a remarkable achievement.
Ale Faurlin = Mr QPR on 13:33 - Feb 10 with 2786 viewsRsStaines

Had the honour to meet him outside the ground and have a brief chat a real gentleman.
If he doesn't play another minute this season he would still be my choice for player of the season. But for his and our sakes hope he manages every game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024