Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 22:55 - Feb 9 with 4408 viewsdavman

My son has fifa 16 and got some fifa points for Xmas, which he used to buy some players including Carlos Vallderama (he loved the hairstyle (!)). However a couple of weeks later and with no explanation, Vallderama disappeared without a trace. I logged a call with EA, who took 2 weeks of looking into it before telling us that there was no evidence of wrong doing and that they dismissed the case.

Now to compound the issue, I received another email tonight to say that there was evidence that my 9 year old son had violated EAs terms and that subsequently the account would be suspended for 72 hours with no other explanation.

Anyone know of any similar cases and what I should do to resolve it?

I have a very unhappy boy who has done NOTHING wrong here...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 23:11 - Feb 9 with 4383 viewsPunteR

Just asked my lad,he says you just have to wait it out. Did your son buy fifa coins off a website.? You can buy fifa points from the game but the new rules wont let you go to other websites and get players through them.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 23:33 - Feb 9 with 4362 viewsdavman

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 23:11 - Feb 9 by PunteR

Just asked my lad,he says you just have to wait it out. Did your son buy fifa coins off a website.? You can buy fifa points from the game but the new rules wont let you go to other websites and get players through them.

Fifa coins were bought directly through fifa 16 on the Xbox, have waited it out for two weeks now, so running out of patience.

Ta for the reply though...

Can we go out yet?

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 23:47 - Feb 9 with 4347 viewsPunteR

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 23:33 - Feb 9 by davman

Fifa coins were bought directly through fifa 16 on the Xbox, have waited it out for two weeks now, so running out of patience.

Ta for the reply though...

Sorry I couldn't help,must be well annoying for your lad. He'll have to play Halo for a bit longer.
Sounds like its their error then, they must reimburse you surely.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2016 23:49]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 08:40 - Feb 10 with 4255 viewsBluce_Ree

Just a guess but maybe there's an age restriction.

Fifa Ultimate Team is a fairly blatant cash grab from EA and so there probably should be things in place to stop kids buying the entire Barcelona squad or whatever. Your boy is 9 so maybe that's the problem?

If it is, EA should probably explain it and refund the points. They're EA though and they are probably too busy swimming around in gold coins like Scrooge McDuck.

You could try reporting it to Xbox Support directly but I imagine they'll be rubbish.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 12:38 - Feb 10 with 4181 views1BobbyHazell

Am I reading this right that they now not only charge you £40/50 quid to buy basically the same game every year but also have lots of in-game purchases to lure the young'uns to spend more cash on what bascially amounts to a slightly different shaped pixel!?

Greedy B-stards! When is enough going to be enough for them!? (See Price Ticket thread)

Never had this problem with Pele's Soccer.

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 12:42 - Feb 10 with 4173 viewsrobith

Good luck getting anything out of EA. They quite literally do whatever they feel like
Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 12:59 - Feb 10 with 4136 viewsJuzzie

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 12:38 - Feb 10 by 1BobbyHazell

Am I reading this right that they now not only charge you £40/50 quid to buy basically the same game every year but also have lots of in-game purchases to lure the young'uns to spend more cash on what bascially amounts to a slightly different shaped pixel!?

Greedy B-stards! When is enough going to be enough for them!? (See Price Ticket thread)

Never had this problem with Pele's Soccer.

It's the way console gaming is going. Absolute rip-off.

I got Star Wars Battlefront as a Christmas pressie and already you can buy an expansion pack with more maps etc for another £40. Basically a 100% increase.

On top of that, to play online gaming (which most games are now designed to be, the offline game is basically $hit) on the PS4 you have to subscribe at another £40 a year (or month if you subscribe in smaller chunks, i.e. 3 months at a time).

The danger is kids racking up massive costs which their parents have to pay.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2016 13:02]
Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 13:39 - Feb 10 with 4086 viewsMarc

You 100% it was Fifa points you bought direct from EA/Xbox, and not coins (which is against their terms and conditions) from a dodgy website? Its just the way you worded it, that he used some to buy a player - Fifa points can only be used on packs and the draft competition.

There's also the possibility your son has been hacked. This happens to people with high value clubs, and the hacker will sell off all high value players as quickly as possible and then transfer the coins to sell on. This will flag the account EAs end as it will look like coin selling.
Login to get fewer ads

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 13:45 - Feb 10 with 4073 viewskingsburyR

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 13:39 - Feb 10 by Marc

You 100% it was Fifa points you bought direct from EA/Xbox, and not coins (which is against their terms and conditions) from a dodgy website? Its just the way you worded it, that he used some to buy a player - Fifa points can only be used on packs and the draft competition.

There's also the possibility your son has been hacked. This happens to people with high value clubs, and the hacker will sell off all high value players as quickly as possible and then transfer the coins to sell on. This will flag the account EAs end as it will look like coin selling.

People hack computer games???

What the F is the world coming to?

Glad I have two daughters (although they are partial to a leappad!)

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 13:56 - Feb 10 with 4056 viewsMarc

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 13:45 - Feb 10 by kingsburyR

People hack computer games???

What the F is the world coming to?

Glad I have two daughters (although they are partial to a leappad!)

The selling of Fifa coins is big business (or was, in previous years), and you get people out there that will do this sort of thing to get hold of more.

EA, over the last year, began clamping down by introducing new measures to stop the flow of coins as it was massively eating into their profits (although EA was still doing very, very well as it was).

I knew of a fella that was making six figure sums a year back in Fifa 12/13/14. All on a computer game. Madness.
Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 17:18 - Feb 10 with 3990 viewsdavman

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 13:39 - Feb 10 by Marc

100% sure; I bought them directly from the Fifa game on the XBox myself.

Always amazed how common this stuff is when something happens - I remain naively trusting of the major brands to protect innocents against this type of thing and equally naive about how much they care about doing the right thing.

I will pursue this as far as I can, but not holding out much hope. The final port of call will be the Daily Mail as this is the type of thing that they can sensationalize...

Thanks for all the help; any more happily appreciated.

Can we go out yet?

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 17:35 - Feb 10 with 3985 viewsMarc

Watchdog is worth a try. FUT has been on there a few times over the years because of various complaints.

Also, not sure if there is a UK equivalent but people in the states have had success via https://www.bbb.org/ when dealing with wrongly banned EA accounts.
Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 16:24 - Feb 11 with 3867 viewsMarc

Any progress?
Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 16:43 - Feb 11 with 3842 viewsdavman

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 16:24 - Feb 11 by Marc

Any progress?

Some.

I have finally got through to someone who is not dismissing me and is giving me more information. Their records show that the account has not been hacked and that the player was 'Quick Sold' which is an option on Fifa. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that is what happened, but then my beef is that is is simply too easy to do that in the game; it never asks 'are you sure?', which seems a bit amiss.

I have laid it out a little strong on the 'goodwill' angle as I still think that this is an honest mistake and should not be punished. I am waiting to hear back, but a little more optimistic today. The Link to getting through was a rant on EA's Answers HQ, which seems to have unlocked the doors to the human beings!

Thanks for the concern!

Can we go out yet?

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 02:11 - Feb 12 with 3786 viewsMatch82

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 16:43 - Feb 11 by davman

Some.

I have finally got through to someone who is not dismissing me and is giving me more information. Their records show that the account has not been hacked and that the player was 'Quick Sold' which is an option on Fifa. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that is what happened, but then my beef is that is is simply too easy to do that in the game; it never asks 'are you sure?', which seems a bit amiss.

I have laid it out a little strong on the 'goodwill' angle as I still think that this is an honest mistake and should not be punished. I am waiting to hear back, but a little more optimistic today. The Link to getting through was a rant on EA's Answers HQ, which seems to have unlocked the doors to the human beings!

Thanks for the concern!

I'm pretty new to fifa16, but this seems crazy to me.

They made a massive song and dance this year about how they were changing the transfer system to stop abuse, by only limiting the range of values a player could be sold for. "Quick sell" is literally an option available to the player, so it's ludicrous that by accidentally clicking on that button you can have your account deleted.
Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 07:52 - Feb 12 with 3755 viewsdavman

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 02:11 - Feb 12 by Match82

I'm pretty new to fifa16, but this seems crazy to me.

They made a massive song and dance this year about how they were changing the transfer system to stop abuse, by only limiting the range of values a player could be sold for. "Quick sell" is literally an option available to the player, so it's ludicrous that by accidentally clicking on that button you can have your account deleted.

Yep, but what this has taught me is that they can do pretty much what they want, without recourse. Consumer rights don't appear to have reached this industry yet especially for purchasing in game content. Not aware of an Ombudsman or an independent agency controlling them, which means the gamer has nowhere to go.

I never had such problems with Jet Set Willy, Jetpac or Manic Miner when I was a kid!

Can we go out yet?

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 16:05 - Feb 12 with 3698 viewsDieByYourSide

Wrote an article on this recently if anyone's interested

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/i-tried-to-infiltrate-the-black-market-of-fifa-ul

Poll: And it's hi ho

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 17:11 - Feb 12 with 3673 viewsMarc

Decent article. Goes back to what I was saying earlier.

On a side note, I know the creators of FUTwiz.com (im sure you've heard of it). Makes me wonder how much they've pulled in, not that I would ask them, after your mention of FUThead and the amount they've made through the website.
Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 21:20 - Feb 12 with 3639 viewsdavman

All sorted now.

Eventually got in touch with an EA Customer Advisor through Answers HQ and she undid the suspension, apologised for the poor service I received from their first line customer services and provided us with the cost of the lost player in Fifa Coins.

I take it all back...

...well some of it anyway!

Can we go out yet?

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 21:34 - Feb 12 with 3628 viewsMarc

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 21:20 - Feb 12 by davman

All sorted now.

Eventually got in touch with an EA Customer Advisor through Answers HQ and she undid the suspension, apologised for the poor service I received from their first line customer services and provided us with the cost of the lost player in Fifa Coins.

I take it all back...

...well some of it anyway!

Good to hear.

Did she provide a supposed reason for why the account was wrongly banned in the first place?
Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 23:43 - Feb 12 with 3604 viewsdavman

Off topic - Help please - Fifa 16 on 21:34 - Feb 12 by Marc

Good to hear.

Did she provide a supposed reason for why the account was wrongly banned in the first place?

They claim that their records say that the item was "Quick Sold", which is feasible as it is easy to do that accidentally and I don't think that the game asks 'are you sure?' once that option is taken. My son is very savvy and is sure that wasn't the case, but I haven't got EVIDENCE one way or the other.

In any case, it was an honest mistake and they recognized it as such...

Shame he bought Robbie Fowler with the coins though...

Can we go out yet?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024