Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Johnson 12:26 - Feb 10 with 25343 viewsdaveB

Adam Johnson has pleaded guilty to grooming and having sex with a child

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35541528
Adam Johnson on 21:48 - Feb 11 with 3483 viewsCiderwithRsie

Adam Johnson on 13:24 - Feb 11 by jonno

It isn't just the bookies who are victims when stuff like match fixing etc. happens in sport. In fact, they normally manage to protect themselves anyway by laying off bets. The real victims are the punters who are having a bet without being aware of the fiddling which is going on.

Fair point. Plus, of course, the other players, whose career stats are undermined if they include matches that were monkeyed about.

But no-one lost their life or had their childhood messed up.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 21:51]
Adam Johnson on 22:08 - Feb 11 with 3447 viewsQPR_Jim

Adam Johnson on 21:35 - Feb 11 by Watford_Ranger

Well it pretty much does. Footballers, politicians, actors, singers etc. live in another world. Footballers lead the most unnatural life possible from the age of 16 or so. They're paid squillions to put the ball in the net and know little of the rigours most go through day-to-day. If they're meant to be the role models then I blame the parents.

My point is that the money and fame can go to their head and make them think they can get away with drink driving, rape etc with a slap on the wrists at worse. Not all players have that attitude thankfully but the ones that do and get caught doing these kinds of things shouldn't then be put back in that position after they've been to prison. Same can be said for any famous person who thinks they're above the law.
Adam Johnson on 12:49 - Feb 12 with 3198 viewsthemodfather

sacked by sunderland after johnson went guilty. surely he gets banned from all football?
by going guilty to grooming, proves he knew she was under age, khunt.
Adam Johnson on 13:00 - Feb 12 with 3180 viewsPhildo

Cant see how any club will be able to employ him. He will be on the sex offenders register just for the stuff he has admitted and they all have to have child protection protocols in place,
Adam Johnson on 13:10 - Feb 12 with 3159 viewsQPunkR

Adam Johnson on 21:13 - Feb 11 by Watford_Ranger

A huge faux pas. He could have been the face of The Predator.

I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't but this just made me laugh out loud at work!

QPR - "shit but local"

Adam Johnson on 13:28 - Feb 12 with 3117 viewssimmo

https://twitter.com/evansma
https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday

The evidence presented so far is pretty damning. No honey trap here - he knew what he was doing. It's only the prosecution so far, but the evidence is worse than I thought it would be.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Adam Johnson on 14:22 - Feb 12 with 3033 viewsingeminate

Adam Johnson on 13:28 - Feb 12 by simmo

The evidence presented so far is pretty damning. No honey trap here - he knew what he was doing. It's only the prosecution so far, but the evidence is worse than I thought it would be.

Jesus what a scumbag

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Adam Johnson on 14:37 - Feb 12 with 2997 viewsNorthernr

Adam Johnson on 14:22 - Feb 12 by ingeminate

Jesus what a scumbag

It's the prosecution opening, so he's meant to seem guilty as hell at the end of it. He's got one of the top barristers in the country apparently so I'm intrigued as to what sort of defence is going to be offered to this because at the moment it looks absoluely awful. No doubt they're going to try and paint her as some sort of sexually mature slag who puts it about, regularly out in bars drinking underage, bombarded him with snapchat pics and texts etc etc Throw in the death of the johnson family dog which made him weak and vulnerable and he just cracked - but didn't do nearly as much as the prosecution are saying.

Or something.

Looks very bad for him at this point though. What a fcking idiot. Even if you are going to chea on your beautiful pregnant wife, why not do it with any one of the other thousands of slappers desperate to shag a footballer, why go after the 15 year old!!

Also shows how bloody lethal social media is with stuff like this. At the time the story that went around was he met a girl in a club where you had to be over 18 to get in and she lied about her age. There were posts on here about him being fitted up and "you see these sorts of girls out all the time" and it just becomes fact that the bloke got honey trapped.
Login to get fewer ads

Adam Johnson on 14:42 - Feb 12 with 2962 viewsJamie

Adam Johnson on 14:37 - Feb 12 by Northernr

It's the prosecution opening, so he's meant to seem guilty as hell at the end of it. He's got one of the top barristers in the country apparently so I'm intrigued as to what sort of defence is going to be offered to this because at the moment it looks absoluely awful. No doubt they're going to try and paint her as some sort of sexually mature slag who puts it about, regularly out in bars drinking underage, bombarded him with snapchat pics and texts etc etc Throw in the death of the johnson family dog which made him weak and vulnerable and he just cracked - but didn't do nearly as much as the prosecution are saying.

Or something.

Looks very bad for him at this point though. What a fcking idiot. Even if you are going to chea on your beautiful pregnant wife, why not do it with any one of the other thousands of slappers desperate to shag a footballer, why go after the 15 year old!!

Also shows how bloody lethal social media is with stuff like this. At the time the story that went around was he met a girl in a club where you had to be over 18 to get in and she lied about her age. There were posts on here about him being fitted up and "you see these sorts of girls out all the time" and it just becomes fact that the bloke got honey trapped.

Putting aside the legal issues, from what's been said in the last few minutes, it reads like his girlfriend had been under the impression he was honeytrapped until very very recently if not until it's all come out today.
Adam Johnson on 15:08 - Feb 12 with 2892 viewsrobith

Adam Johnson on 21:35 - Feb 11 by Watford_Ranger

Well it pretty much does. Footballers, politicians, actors, singers etc. live in another world. Footballers lead the most unnatural life possible from the age of 16 or so. They're paid squillions to put the ball in the net and know little of the rigours most go through day-to-day. If they're meant to be the role models then I blame the parents.

You're the one saying rapists should be allowed to play premier league football so ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Adam Johnson on 15:10 - Feb 12 with 2885 viewsrobith

Adam Johnson on 13:00 - Feb 12 by Phildo

Cant see how any club will be able to employ him. He will be on the sex offenders register just for the stuff he has admitted and they all have to have child protection protocols in place,

The big thing, like with Evans, will be that no sponsor wants their brand on the chest of a sex offender
Adam Johnson on 16:21 - Feb 12 with 2779 viewsHunterhoop

Adam Johnson on 13:28 - Feb 12 by simmo

If some of that evidence isn't contested as being accurate, I struggle to see how on earth he can be found "not guilty" of the other counts. And presumably social media messages and txts are "facts", so to speak.

The guy looks absolutely bang to rights. The text messages where he says "it was class" and "I couldn't wait to get your jeans off"....jeez! And his defence is "just kissing". Wow.
Adam Johnson on 16:50 - Feb 12 with 2717 viewsHayesender

I understand that child killer Luke McCormack isn't only playing for Plymouth again, but is the club captain.

Morals and football eh!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Adam Johnson on 19:55 - Feb 12 with 2583 viewsWestonsuperR

Adam Johnson on 13:56 - Feb 11 by PlanetHonneywood

The Evans matter is under review and to be fair, is widely different to the allegations against Johnson.

Johnson, like Graham Rix, appears to have been in possession of the rather damning piece of knowledge, that he knew the age of the girl he slept with. This of course means that the 'honey-trap/I met her in a club for 21 y.o. and just look at her' defences, are denied him.

Evans however, has convinced the relevant authorities that his sentence should be reviewed on appeal. That does not mean he is innocent, but it does mean he has at least highlighted issue(s) that could render the original decision unsafe and lead to a legitimate overturning of the crown court decision.

The complainant was not a minor and if you see the footage of the pair of them going into a hotel, there certainly didn't appear much coercion. She also didn't do herself many favours tweeting about how she was going to 'win big' from this. Having dealt with rape victims, I can assure you they don't look to make such pathetic comments like that.

Of course, if his appeal is unsuccessful, then the decision stands and he will go through life as a convicted rapist and with it, will be rightly vilified.

His webpage is worth reading for people to draw their own conclusions (www.chedevans.com) and it all merely serves to show, that these young men often display such mindbogglingly crass decision making processes when on a night out.

Agree with all this. I've looked into the Evans case and the conviction was certainly dubious and I personally think was largely due to the way Evans conducted himself after the event and in court, Evans himself seems a pretty horrible character but wouldn't surprise me at all if he won the appeal.
Adam Johnson on 20:04 - Feb 12 with 2560 viewspaulparker

Adam Johnson on 16:21 - Feb 12 by Hunterhoop

If some of that evidence isn't contested as being accurate, I struggle to see how on earth he can be found "not guilty" of the other counts. And presumably social media messages and txts are "facts", so to speak.

The guy looks absolutely bang to rights. The text messages where he says "it was class" and "I couldn't wait to get your jeans off"....jeez! And his defence is "just kissing". Wow.

exactly this

Evans is a no good nonce who needs knee capping , how anyone can defend this scumbag is a mystery

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Adam Johnson on 20:24 - Feb 12 with 2533 viewsLblock

Jesus H Christ.... Just read the trial round up and surely there can't be any comeback from that sheeet?!?!

Hang him

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Adam Johnson on 20:36 - Feb 12 with 2514 viewsBluce_Ree

He needs a transfer to Nantes, the c*nt.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Adam Johnson on 21:01 - Feb 12 with 2479 viewsAndyB

Adam Johnson on 16:21 - Feb 12 by Hunterhoop

Not protesting his innocence or anything, but at least get the facts straight as written up.
His "she looks class" quote was to his girlfriend about a pic of their baby daughter.

And the bit about getting her jeans off included the term "next time".
Adam Johnson on 21:05 - Feb 12 with 2471 viewsJamie

Adam Johnson on 21:01 - Feb 12 by AndyB

Not protesting his innocence or anything, but at least get the facts straight as written up.
His "she looks class" quote was to his girlfriend about a pic of their baby daughter.

He is also claimed to have messaged the girl that 'it was class'. 'It' referring to what may or may not have happened inside his car.

"Johnson went on to tell her: "Was class. Just wanted to get ya jeans off lol"
Girl: "Next time haha"
AJ: "I will last 10 seconds tho lol"
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 21:07]
Adam Johnson on 21:10 - Feb 12 with 2453 viewsHunterhoop

Adam Johnson on 21:01 - Feb 12 by AndyB

See Jamie's post above mate. Suggest someone else gets their facts straight.
Adam Johnson on 21:21 - Feb 12 with 2433 viewsjohncharles

It's pretty scary the way this has taken off on here. No notice taken of Clive's point that this is the prosecution's case and the defence will put a totally different version of events. But no, let's all believe the first thing we are told and get off on self righteousness. It's a powerful drug.
I'm reading Jon Ronson's book about public shaming and there's a great bit about mass hysteria.
Just for a minute stop and look at yourselves.

Strong and stable my arse.

Adam Johnson on 21:24 - Feb 12 with 2426 viewsSnipper

How can somebody as high profile as a premier league footballer be so bloody stupid?
He gets involved with an underage girl and has explicit conversations via text, whatsapp and god knows what else.

He deserves everything that's coming his way.
Adam Johnson on 21:26 - Feb 12 with 2417 viewsAndyB

Adam Johnson on 21:10 - Feb 12 by Hunterhoop

See Jamie's post above mate. Suggest someone else gets their facts straight.

Ah - ok. Fair do's

Edit/ Saying that though, there is still conjecture as the quotes above are alleged.
Whereas the texts - which I assume to be "facts" are as I previously stated.

Whatever - defence will be interesting to say the least.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 21:31]
Adam Johnson on 21:27 - Feb 12 with 2415 viewsSnipper

Adam Johnson on 21:21 - Feb 12 by johncharles

It's pretty scary the way this has taken off on here. No notice taken of Clive's point that this is the prosecution's case and the defence will put a totally different version of events. But no, let's all believe the first thing we are told and get off on self righteousness. It's a powerful drug.
I'm reading Jon Ronson's book about public shaming and there's a great bit about mass hysteria.
Just for a minute stop and look at yourselves.

He's admitted grooming an underage girl. There's no way in the world he'd have pleaded guilty to that unless the evidence was pretty damning.
Adam Johnson on 21:43 - Feb 12 with 2390 viewsthame_hoops

Adam Johnson on 21:27 - Feb 12 by Snipper

He's admitted grooming an underage girl. There's no way in the world he'd have pleaded guilty to that unless the evidence was pretty damning.

What I don't understand ( a lawyer on here could probably explain) but wouldn't his legal team have been given full disclosure from the prosecutor including witness statements at his initial hearing and then he pleaded "not guilty" so why wait and change his plea on Wednesday?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024