Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just for Men. 14:17 - Feb 11 with 11771 viewsDiscodroids

Im thinking about it.

or just grow old relatively gracefully ?

i tried dying my sideburns but just ended up dying my skin so i looked like Mogwai from last of the mohicans

[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 14:18]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Just for Men. on 17:40 - Feb 11 with 2920 views1MoreBrightonR

go natural! i'm slowly going grey and dont mind at all. i just reference george clooney and figure i look like him ;)
Just for Men. on 18:20 - Feb 11 with 2890 viewsQPRDave

Red head are you?!...

Just for Men. on 19:05 - Feb 11 with 2860 viewsstansleftfoot

Just for Men. on 14:34 - Feb 11 by Discodroids

mmmmm sage advice from some main players of the LFW dojo. Im doing ok on top but its doing a Visage , Im not vain or nowt just toying with the idea.

I do shave my chest though.Tis True.

when i went to Ibiza last year i shaved my legs as well and put jo's fake tan on them as they looked like something on the shelf at co op.

i dyed my hair blond/white in my early 30's and looked like a nazi camp doctor .
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 14:39]

' Camp Nazi Doctor ' maybe popular at Highgate Ponds this Summer Disco?
Just for Men. on 19:20 - Feb 11 with 2842 viewsBoston

Just for Men. on 17:35 - Feb 11 by izlingtonhoop

I consider a full head of hair (if anything, it grows too quickly) at 52 one of my top cash-ins in the genetic lottery. Don't much care what colour it is.

Me too squire, full head on the big head and still a gorgeous strawberry blond(wink).

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just for Men. on 19:30 - Feb 11 with 2833 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Are you going to do the old Rubik's Cubes as well?

It'll be like having Tom Cruise in the attic and Nora Batty in the basement.
Just for Men. on 20:07 - Feb 11 with 2782 viewsBrightonhoop

Just for Men. on 19:30 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Are you going to do the old Rubik's Cubes as well?

It'll be like having Tom Cruise in the attic and Nora Batty in the basement.

As an old boss used to say 'Dye my hair? I'll be sitting down for a pish next ffs.'
Just for Men. on 12:23 - Feb 12 with 2657 viewshoof_hearted

Last week I sat in the barber's chair after a young man had been shorn of his lovely long black hair and imagined that it was mine. "Mmmmmm look at my lush locks ladies...and while you're down there..."

...then the lumps of grey fell onto my lap. *POP*.
Just for Men. on 13:37 - Feb 12 with 2632 viewsDaBurgh

I find that some type of head wear worn at a jaunty angle works, and the ladies love it...

Login to get fewer ads

Just for Men. on 13:42 - Feb 12 with 2620 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Just for Men. on 13:57 - Feb 12 with 2594 viewssimmo

Guy in my office been doing it for years and recently got married, decided after that 'fck it' and let the silver fox shine. Since then, it;s universally agreed he looks a million times better for it. He says it's also started to open up a whole new avenue of female 'milfy' admirers...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Just for Men. on 14:05 - Feb 12 with 2582 viewsSimonJames

During the early 80's I bleached my hair every week so I could die my punk 'do a different colour (although eventually goth black won out). It may be a coincidence, but in my early 20's "bald patch" and "widows peak" paid me a visit and never left. Cue a grade 2 all over...

Now in my 50's, if it gets past a grade 4 it starts looking seriously white at the sides. So I've been wondering if something like JFM would do the trick without looking really obvious.
But of course my missus, or my three sons, being the evil gits that they are, would take every opportunity to point out, to anybody who listened, what I'd done.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Just for Men. on 14:11 - Feb 12 with 2574 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just for Men. on 12:23 - Feb 12 by hoof_hearted

Last week I sat in the barber's chair after a young man had been shorn of his lovely long black hair and imagined that it was mine. "Mmmmmm look at my lush locks ladies...and while you're down there..."

...then the lumps of grey fell onto my lap. *POP*.

I was into the barber yesterday morning to get the ears lowered and had the sly old look down at the thatch falling from the roof onto my cape. "Not too bad" I thought, but then started to notice a shiny gleam here and there. "Must be the lighting" I reasoned. Damn barber lighting...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just for Men. on 15:11 - Feb 12 with 2530 viewsDorse

Does a grade zero (yep, that's right) count as a haircut or a shave?

Side note: when I was but a student, I had a huge barnet in the style of Morrissey. When I went to get a crew cut, the barber says 'what number?' With nary a quaver in my voice, I replied 'Number 2 all over'. He smirks and says 'Are you sure?' I replied that I was, at which point he shaved a line straight down the middle of my head, making the oft-whispered but seldom seen 'Hehmocan'. 'Are you still sure?' he asks again...

Side side note: just remembered. This happened in Crewe. Co-incidence? I THINK NOT - WAKE UP PEOPLE! THIS IS HAPPENING!
[Post edited 12 Feb 2016 15:12]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Just for Men. on 15:12 - Feb 12 with 2525 viewsrobith

I've been going grey since I was 15. Now 31, I'm maybe 40% grey. I just own it. Ladies love it #saltandpepper
Just for Men. on 15:54 - Feb 12 with 2504 viewsPhildo

Its a fine line between just giving the sideburns a little touch up and having the full Paul McCartney old man orange hair look.
Just for Men. on 16:17 - Feb 12 with 2194 viewssimmo

I've also got a lovely white/grey patch in my beard which I fckin love.

Embrace the change man, it's just the visual representation of wisdom

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Just for Men. on 16:34 - Feb 12 with 2181 viewskensalriser

Fabio Capello. That's all you need to just say no.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Just for Men. on 17:26 - Feb 12 with 2147 viewslondonscottish

Just for Men. on 15:54 - Feb 12 by Phildo

Its a fine line between just giving the sideburns a little touch up and having the full Paul McCartney old man orange hair look.

The trouble is that it the old man orange hair look with grey stubble. It doesn't work.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Just for Men. on 18:02 - Feb 12 with 2121 viewsBoston

At least I was a skinhead through choice.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just for Men. on 18:46 - Feb 12 with 2106 viewsR_from_afar

Just for Men. on 14:49 - Feb 11 by Konk

You've got pubes on your hand? Well, that needs sorting.

Never dye your hair and NEVER even contemplate wearing a syrup.

You're falling no-one but yourself if you go down that road. Desperate behaviour.

Many years ago, my cricket club held its annual dinner and it was quite a posh and formal affair. Some local dignitary turned up and was wearing an ill-fitting wig. As the evening wore on, some of the, shall we say, more "boisterious" cricketers took it upon themselves to scurry past the back of his chair letting out loud staccato cries of "Syrup!"

So, be warned!

I myself have been a grizzled old grey s0d for years. No JFM for me. One of my proudest moments of my latter years was when someone described my current hair colour as "steel". How sweet of them.

My latest follicular indignity is the way white (being honest here) hairs are now invading my eyebrows. The shame...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Just for Men. on 19:50 - Feb 12 with 2081 viewslondonscottish

Just for Men. on 18:46 - Feb 12 by R_from_afar

Many years ago, my cricket club held its annual dinner and it was quite a posh and formal affair. Some local dignitary turned up and was wearing an ill-fitting wig. As the evening wore on, some of the, shall we say, more "boisterious" cricketers took it upon themselves to scurry past the back of his chair letting out loud staccato cries of "Syrup!"

So, be warned!

I myself have been a grizzled old grey s0d for years. No JFM for me. One of my proudest moments of my latter years was when someone described my current hair colour as "steel". How sweet of them.

My latest follicular indignity is the way white (being honest here) hairs are now invading my eyebrows. The shame...

RFA

I used to work with this American fellah who was know universally as "Syrup".

He'd compensated for his hair loss by growing a big old moustache and slapping a wig on. But his stubble, tache and sideys were speckled with grey.

Eventually he shaved off the moustache and ditched the syrup and suddenly we Brits could have a conversation without getting distracted by all the hair stuff.

Or someone fitting "syrup" into the conversation. Usually at some point in a serious discussion where you COULDN'T laugh.....

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Just for Men. on 20:01 - Feb 12 with 2071 viewsA40Bosh

I have been bald since I was 31 Disco and I am the same age as you so you have had a good run for your money just having a barnet regardless of the colour.

I have been growing a beard for the past two months and it is about 20 different colours of black, brown, red, ginger, grey, white and at this stage I could not care - it's hair and its growing!!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Just for Men. on 20:28 - Feb 12 with 2059 viewskensalriser

Just for Men. on 18:02 - Feb 12 by Boston

At least I was a skinhead through choice.

Strength through Oi?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Just for Men. on 08:59 - Feb 13 with 2008 viewsPommyhoop

Dont you listen to em DD mate.
Wear your syrup/ dye with pride mate.
It shows discipline and pride to go through later life
with a comb over / syrup/ die job..
Everytime you get a tinge of ''WTF is it all worth it''
just bury that feeling down deep..

Nah just joking my man..I'm actually shaving down to the bone now mate.
Caine from Kung Fu stylie..
And lately just to jazz things up a bit Ive started to grow a goatee.
My eldest ( who is a hairdresser btw) said 'get that thing off your face,you
look like Heisenberg'.
Worst thing she could've said .Thats me hooked baby.. Trouble is my goatee
is so white that when I smile my teeth look yellow..
Just off to google '' beard dye'' if such a thing exists

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Just for Men. on 09:13 - Feb 13 with 1989 viewsDiscodroids

having weighed the evidence at hand and taken the advice of the LFW think tank. I shall fade to grey.

I hope to have a staring role in this advert for channel 4 next year 'Grey out and proud.'

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024