Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accents that bug you the most. 16:57 - Feb 11 with 8402 viewsBoston

step forward the brummie.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Accents that bug you the most. on 20:07 - Feb 11 with 1425 viewspaulparker

Brummie
Yorkshire
West Country
Scouse
Essex
And for anyone who has lived in Northampton will know the horrible nasal Chavy accent that is a cross between a farmer and a brummie ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Accents that bug you the most. on 20:08 - Feb 11 with 1418 viewsBrightonhoop

Anything north of Watford and west of Slough.
Accents that bug you the most. on 20:24 - Feb 11 with 1395 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Accents that bug you the most. on 19:58 - Feb 11 by MrSheen

Dublin, makes Scouse sound honey-toned. Sorry Dubliners, can't bear it.

Either of the Dublin accents, either the Nort'side scousalike guttural tough-lad accent or the D4 Sloanester wannabe drivel. The Limerick accent is so flat and slow that I'm liable to fall asleep mid-sentence.

In England, I don't have a least favourite accent, but anyone from anywhere who screeches and cackles in my face at jet-engine volume gets me moving the opposite direction and quickly, and East London, Essex and Liverpool do seem to have a few of these types.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Accents that bug you the most. on 20:27 - Feb 11 with 1392 viewsMrSheen

Oxford and Reading have a strange bumpkin accent. Clipped and charmless, without the long pirate arrrrrrrrr.
Accents that bug you the most. on 20:30 - Feb 11 with 1388 viewsaston_hoop

Accents that bug you the most. on 20:27 - Feb 11 by MrSheen

Oxford and Reading have a strange bumpkin accent. Clipped and charmless, without the long pirate arrrrrrrrr.

When I lived in Reading, it was like the kids didn't know whether to go Jafaican like their friends in the east or bumpkin like their friends in the west. Not pleasant.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Accents that bug you the most. on 21:54 - Feb 11 with 1309 viewsLythamR

West London does my crust in
Accents that bug you the most. on 21:59 - Feb 11 with 1302 viewsLongsufferingR

For me it's Northern Ireland. Republic accents are fine but NI just reminds me of Alan Green, Eamon Holmes and Ian Paisley. Not nice.
Accents that bug you the most. on 22:05 - Feb 11 with 1287 viewsWilloW4

Accents that bug you the most. on 21:59 - Feb 11 by LongsufferingR

For me it's Northern Ireland. Republic accents are fine but NI just reminds me of Alan Green, Eamon Holmes and Ian Paisley. Not nice.

Alan McDonald.. Great accent.!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Accents that bug you the most. on 22:07 - Feb 11 with 1285 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So by the general consensus, every accent is shit except our own.

I love a French accent on women if we are turning the tables. She could be ordering haemorrhoid cream and look like a bulldog licking piss off a thistle and i'd still love it.
Accents that bug you the most. on 22:09 - Feb 11 with 1273 viewsWilloW4

Mockney West Indian patwhay.. Innit, d'nowwhatimean..d'yagetme.!!!. Fecking grates on me.!
Accents that bug you the most. on 22:10 - Feb 11 with 1262 viewsQPRDave

Accents that bug you the most. on 20:07 - Feb 11 by paulparker

Brummie
Yorkshire
West Country
Scouse
Essex
And for anyone who has lived in Northampton will know the horrible nasal Chavy accent that is a cross between a farmer and a brummie ,

I think it's just a case of people talking to you that you don't like Paul!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 22:11]
Accents that bug you the most. on 22:11 - Feb 11 with 1259 viewsFloridaR

1 / The quick jaw new york jew accent like Trumps.
Equally irritating
2 / The Northern US who sound like a cross with Irish and use the word Allrightee !
3/ Middle Eastern accent trying to talk English on the phone while drinking and smoking.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 22:11]

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Accents that bug you the most. on 22:14 - Feb 11 with 1236 viewsMrSheen

Accents that bug you the most. on 22:07 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

So by the general consensus, every accent is shit except our own.

I love a French accent on women if we are turning the tables. She could be ordering haemorrhoid cream and look like a bulldog licking piss off a thistle and i'd still love it.

Not true, there lots of accents I enjoy. I love a proper Lancy accent. My brother-in-law is from Blackburn, and somehow he sounds enthusiastic about absolutely everything. Like listening to David Lloyd on the cricket. I also really like the precise enunciation of a Teesside accent. I know not many people on here like Peter Beagrie, but still...

Women with Welsh accents. Tidy!

(I was going to post a Jeff Stelling rant about Middlesbrough, but the table next to him has us bottom of the Championship.)
[Post edited 11 Feb 2016 22:23]
Accents that bug you the most. on 22:23 - Feb 11 with 1217 viewsWilloW4

Accents that bug you the most. on 21:59 - Feb 11 by LongsufferingR

Spent awhile in Belfast and fell in love with the norn iron accent...and the girls were great.!
Accents that bug you the most. on 22:27 - Feb 11 with 1195 viewsbosh67

Accents of English people who go abroad and suddenly pick up the accent there. It just isn't British!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Accents that bug you the most. on 22:28 - Feb 11 with 1166 viewsLongsufferingR

Accents that bug you the most. on 22:23 - Feb 11 by WilloW4

Spent awhile in Belfast and fell in love with the norn iron accent...and the girls were great.!

Now you've got me thinking of Gerry Adams! I'll never get to sleep now.
Accents that bug you the most. on 22:30 - Feb 11 with 1161 viewsBklynRanger

Accents that bug you the most. on 22:28 - Feb 11 by LongsufferingR

To be fair, some of the girls do have beards.....
Accents that bug you the most. on 22:36 - Feb 11 with 1144 viewsWilloW4

Accents that bug you the most. on 22:28 - Feb 11 by LongsufferingR

Not the girls I met...the grannies maybe?! But I didn't care.
Accents that bug you the most. on 22:48 - Feb 11 with 1118 viewskarl

Accents that bug you the most. on 19:20 - Feb 11 by aston_hoop

The manchester accent (and surrounding area). Just really never liked it, just sounds horrible. Spent 4 year living in Brum so I got well used to that one. I work in the yachting industry and I talk on a daily basis to a lot of Aussie surfer types who work on these boats, will never get used to that one (apologies to any of the decent Aussies on here) (no apologies to any Mancs, you have a horrible accent). Used to go out with a girl from North Lincolnshire, that was bloody awful too. Anyway, I'm a nice person really.

Yacht business in Birmingham, how did that work out?

I love the fact there are regional accents, we're rapidly losing the subtle differences within the small regional dialects we have so however annoying they are the more the better!
However the one thing that grates is when someone moving to an area tries to speak with the regional accent (happens a lot with us), sounds daft, don't do it
Accents that bug you the most. on 22:52 - Feb 11 with 1107 viewsHollowayRanger

French Christ I hate them I wanna punch the life out of them and their slimy accents

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Accents that bug you the most. on 23:08 - Feb 11 with 1075 viewsBoston

Accents that bug you the most. on 22:27 - Feb 11 by bosh67

Accents of English people who go abroad and suddenly pick up the accent there. It just isn't British!

Steve McClaren?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Accents that bug you the most. on 23:22 - Feb 11 with 1053 viewsToast_R

South African accent on blokes, f*ck me that can be annoying, especially the dutch Jo'berg version. Shedloads of them moved into South London since the ANC went all corrupt and wrecked their homeland. I don't mind it on the females though. Same with your scouser, horrible on the blokes but rather charming on a fine looking female.
Accents that bug you the most. on 23:28 - Feb 11 with 1041 viewsWilloW4

Accents that bug you the most. on 23:22 - Feb 11 by Toast_R

South African accent on blokes, f*ck me that can be annoying, especially the dutch Jo'berg version. Shedloads of them moved into South London since the ANC went all corrupt and wrecked their homeland. I don't mind it on the females though. Same with your scouser, horrible on the blokes but rather charming on a fine looking female.

Very good call Toast.... 👍... Bit like the Aussie accent, can't hack it when a bloke goes on one about surfing etc, but a gentle Aussie girl talking about Almost anything..works for me.
Accents that bug you the most. on 23:33 - Feb 11 with 1033 viewsA40Bosh

Possibly one of the most pointless threads that has ever been started.
What accent bugs you?
Physician heel thyself.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Accents that bug you the most. on 23:40 - Feb 11 with 1025 viewsWilloW4

Accents that bug you the most. on 23:33 - Feb 11 by A40Bosh

Possibly one of the most pointless threads that has ever been started.
What accent bugs you?
Physician heel thyself.

Why is it pointless to chat about accents? It's great we all don't talk the same..what's wrong with liking one more than another.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024