Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accents that bug you the most. 16:57 - Feb 11 with 8186 viewsBoston

step forward the brummie.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Accents that bug you the most. on 16:30 - Feb 12 with 1375 viewsMrSheen

Accents that bug you the most. on 15:52 - Feb 12 by bob566

I holiday in Kerry every year but the high parts near where the healy raes hold post out towards west cork is dreadful. Have a watch of this and see what you think. I sh** you not. Its borderline deliverance and the hills have eyes stuff going on. Makes us look like a right bunch of yokels. Norfolk has nothing on this lot.

Where's that Bob, Kenmare?
Accents that bug you the most. on 16:53 - Feb 12 with 1356 viewsBklynRanger

That video's hilarious - the bloke in the hat - you couldn't make him up.
Accents that bug you the most. on 17:47 - Feb 12 with 1310 viewsNov77

Seems like the only way you can get a job as a comedian these days is to have a heavy regional accent, Der's dat one from liverpooool, the Geordie lass, de bald Oirish one, although I don't know what accent Alan Carr has, sounds like he's got a mouthful of spanners.

You used to have something funny to say to be a comedian, now you just say something in a funny accent.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Accents that bug you the most. on 18:05 - Feb 12 with 1295 viewsbob566

Accents that bug you the most. on 16:30 - Feb 12 by MrSheen

Where's that Bob, Kenmare?

up that way. Its a place called coom near kilgarvin I believe.
Accents that bug you the most. on 18:23 - Feb 12 with 1269 viewsQPRDave

Accents that bug you the most. on 17:47 - Feb 12 by Nov77

Seems like the only way you can get a job as a comedian these days is to have a heavy regional accent, Der's dat one from liverpooool, the Geordie lass, de bald Oirish one, although I don't know what accent Alan Carr has, sounds like he's got a mouthful of spanners.

You used to have something funny to say to be a comedian, now you just say something in a funny accent.

Alan Carr along with Graham Norton and others are funny "coz they're soooooo camp!"
camp is hilarious.........apparently
Accents that bug you the most. on 19:11 - Feb 12 with 1271 viewsJustinQPR

Can't stand all the Leicester, or should I say Lestoh fans popping up on phone in's these days. Stop talking like that, please.
Accents that bug you the most. on 19:49 - Feb 12 with 1243 viewsHayesender

Not an accent, but I can't stand people who say "obviously" and "basically" at the end of every fecking sentence.

Basically obvious innit

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Accents that bug you the most. on 20:06 - Feb 12 with 1229 viewsBklynRanger

Accents that bug you the most. on 19:49 - Feb 12 by Hayesender

Not an accent, but I can't stand people who say "obviously" and "basically" at the end of every fecking sentence.

Basically obvious innit

My brother in law keeps saying 'essentially' at the start of sentences. Our relationship has deteriorated.
Login to get fewer ads

Accents that bug you the most. on 20:08 - Feb 12 with 1225 viewsHayesender

Accents that bug you the most. on 20:06 - Feb 12 by BklynRanger

My brother in law keeps saying 'essentially' at the start of sentences. Our relationship has deteriorated.

Essentially he's a cnt obviously

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Accents that bug you the most. on 20:16 - Feb 12 with 1217 viewsBklynRanger

Accents that bug you the most. on 20:08 - Feb 12 by Hayesender

Essentially he's a cnt obviously

It pains me to say that he's a boring bastard basically. He works for Verizon, the mobile phone company over here. They were responsible for the wifi for the Superbowl - the way he was going on you'd have thought he was embarking on a mission to save all of humanity from the brink of disaster.
Accents that bug you the most. on 07:45 - Feb 13 with 1160 viewsPommyhoop

Accents that bug you the most. on 15:52 - Feb 12 by bob566

I holiday in Kerry every year but the high parts near where the healy raes hold post out towards west cork is dreadful. Have a watch of this and see what you think. I sh** you not. Its borderline deliverance and the hills have eyes stuff going on. Makes us look like a right bunch of yokels. Norfolk has nothing on this lot.

Great video. Since moving out here I've really noticed how many differences in accents sometimes glaring sometimes subtle, there is in the UK and Ireland. Australia is massive but to my untrained ear I cant make out much difference in a Brisbane accent and a Perth accent.
There is differences in accents here but it seems to have more to do with your social standing
than the area you originate from. Bogan or not ...Crim or not seems to be a big yardstick..
Its a big difference back home . The fellas at work cant believe that me and a fellow Pom live only 20 odd miles away from each other but we sound so different ( He's from somewhere near Reading) .And they all just used to shrug and murmur while looking at the floor when my Sunderland mate piped up..
Just to show how mentally diverse our accents are, here is a collection of SOME of the different Accents from my folks home county Donegal. in Ireland.And thats in one County never mind your Belfasts , Dubs , Corks or Kerry's and everywhere else around that wee country..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Accents that bug you the most. on 08:12 - Feb 13 with 1154 viewsPommyhoop

Love this vid..As a kid I used to wonder why the blacks and the Irish of Shepherd s Bush , Hanwell
Greenford and Southall used to get on so well.They both loved a stout , and a bet and they both said 'tree' for ''three''.
Maybe it was the old ''no Dogs no Blacks no Irish '' signs that used to be quite visible in post war London.
Or maybe they were related without knowing it..

Accents that bug you the most. on 09:07 - Feb 13 with 1125 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Accents that bug you the most. on 08:12 - Feb 13 by Pommyhoop

Love this vid..As a kid I used to wonder why the blacks and the Irish of Shepherd s Bush , Hanwell
Greenford and Southall used to get on so well.They both loved a stout , and a bet and they both said 'tree' for ''three''.
Maybe it was the old ''no Dogs no Blacks no Irish '' signs that used to be quite visible in post war London.
Or maybe they were related without knowing it..

Mr.Allen at 1.15 speaks incredibly like my Grandfather. It's uncanny. That Radharc documentary is famous.

I was going out with a girl once who I hadn't brought home to meet the folks - she was still 'on trial'! I was explaining that, even though my accent was Cork, I had lost a bit of the West lilt. I picked up a book of recollections by elderly West Cork folk and read it in our regional accent to demonstrate. She started laughing, said I sounded West Indian. I explained the link between the two. Even prepared for it as she was, when she made the trip west, she was still mesmerised.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Accents that bug you the most. on 09:21 - Feb 13 with 1119 viewsPommyhoop

Accents that bug you the most. on 09:07 - Feb 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Mr.Allen at 1.15 speaks incredibly like my Grandfather. It's uncanny. That Radharc documentary is famous.

I was going out with a girl once who I hadn't brought home to meet the folks - she was still 'on trial'! I was explaining that, even though my accent was Cork, I had lost a bit of the West lilt. I picked up a book of recollections by elderly West Cork folk and read it in our regional accent to demonstrate. She started laughing, said I sounded West Indian. I explained the link between the two. Even prepared for it as she was, when she made the trip west, she was still mesmerised.

Great stuff Bri !!

Accents that bug you the most. on 09:26 - Feb 13 with 1114 viewsTheBlob

Colin Murray.

I'm surprised it took me so long to get rind to this.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Accents that bug you the most. on 09:58 - Feb 13 with 1098 viewsSteveB

Ladies with Scouse accents, ladies with Glaswegian accents and recently, the Geordie accent in anyone tends to make me want to rip their faces off. Living here in Dubai you'll soon learn to detest the Filipino "sirrr/ madddam English pronunciation too..
Accents that bug you the most. on 10:10 - Feb 13 with 1089 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Accents that bug you the most. on 09:26 - Feb 13 by TheBlob

Colin Murray.

I'm surprised it took me so long to get rind to this.

Seconded. Which reminds me...

After the Peace Process started in the mid 90's quite a few journalists from the North came South and their accents started merging with the D4 accents that were until then the mainstay of radio broadcasting in the South.

Now, I like Northern Irish accents, especially - oh, God, yes - on women. Mixed with the D4 accent, though, something terrible was spawned. Since then we have this mangled-vowel torture dominating our radio airwaves.

"Wotch oooouht for a laaawwwwry that's creshed on the raaaahwwwwndabawwwwht'

It's fuggin' hideous. It's like a slow-motion Sloanester with a broken jaw.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Accents that bug you the most. on 10:24 - Feb 13 with 1081 viewsPommyhoop

I think we all agree ANY accent sounds great on a woman.
Scouse..Nasal sniveling drivel on a male.
Dirty , sexualised beautiful tones on a female.
Brum. Boring duff da da tones on a male.
Dirty ,sexualised beautiful tones on a female.
I once went out with a nurse from Lurgan Norn Iron.
F'ck ,that was the sexiest accent Ive ever heard..
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 10:33]

Accents that bug you the most. on 10:33 - Feb 13 with 1068 viewsDiscodroids

White/Pakistani kids talking like John Dillinger

the Nigerian sing song sawtooth configuration accent .

that vulgar thick as FGM offcut , The only way is Essex primate grunt , that uses kardashian american'isms.

the clipped, Binary, hal 9000 perfunctory and sanitised- of- emotion- tones of eastern european females in shops, pubs and my local Prezzo sends me into a Fem Dom sexual frenzy .
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 10:39]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Accents that bug you the most. on 13:50 - Feb 13 with 1025 viewsTGRRRSSS

Accents that bug you the most. on 20:08 - Feb 11 by Brightonhoop

Anything north of Watford and west of Slough.

Thats west of Reading now tbh. Maidenhead and Wokingham and Bracknell is basically London style or sort of normal if you know what I mean.

AS for me, I am a wonderful person, peeps should speak how they do innit
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 14:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024