Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood 21:28 - Feb 11 with 5212 viewsozranger

Thought I might slow things down a bit a have some nice slow blues, for those who like this sort of thing.. Here are a couple of starters.

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 10:22 - Feb 12 with 1399 viewsTHEBUSH

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 10:32 - Feb 12 with 1391 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 10:38 - Feb 12 with 1387 viewsSimonJames

Cream covers of...

With due deference to Robert Johnson's 1930's original:

And Skip James:

Albert King:

And one of their shorter renditions of Howlin’ Wolf's "Spoonful":

100% of people who drink water will die.

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 10:39 - Feb 12 with 1387 viewswrinklyhoop

Got to have this one
Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 11:33 - Feb 12 with 1358 viewsjamois

Question: Does everyone just post their tune on here and not listen to anything else that's been posted? I'm guilty of that most of the time, simply a factor of time. Today however, I have the headphones on and I'm trying to make my way through as many of the posts as possible. Anyway, here's my offering:

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 11:35 - Feb 12 with 1358 viewsTheBlob

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 10:38 - Feb 12 by SimonJames

Cream covers of...

With due deference to Robert Johnson's 1930's original:

And Skip James:

Albert King:

And one of their shorter renditions of Howlin’ Wolf's "Spoonful":

Tony Palmer f*cking ruined that RAH concert with his echo and repeat.
They should get it remastered.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 13:19 - Feb 12 with 1335 viewsR_from_afar

Is this the blues? Am I pushing my luck? Does it even matter given how good this gem is? And when will the questions end?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 13:36 - Feb 12 with 1326 viewsBluce_Ree

Not my favourite version but I can't find the killer live version I got on CD.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 13:39 - Feb 12 with 1323 viewsjohann28

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 20:57 - Feb 12 with 1294 viewsozranger

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 13:36 - Feb 12 by Bluce_Ree

Not my favourite version but I can't find the killer live version I got on CD.

Yeah, know how you feel Bluce. Try finding a vid of Martin Scoresese's Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Chili, the slow version.
Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 21:03 - Feb 12 with 1291 viewsTacticalR

@BklynRanger 'This may or may not count as the blues but it's a great tune'
@R_from_afar 'Is this the blues? Am I pushing my luck?'

The blues is a very grey area.

Air hostess clique

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 22:16 - Feb 12 with 1269 viewsWrightUp5hit___

As slow blues Friday comes to an end , here's a rather lovely close out.

Stan Webbs best

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 23:03 - Feb 12 with 1261 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 23:47 - Feb 12 with 1249 viewsted_hendrix

Love this guy;

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 00:02 - Feb 13 with 1242 viewsichbinnaughty

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 07:35 - Feb 12 by barabajagal

Apparently a heavy influence on The Black Keys

Yes indeed.
The Black Keys released a mini album of Junior Kimbrough covers, called "Chulahoma", which is frankly magnificent.
The Black Keys were such a good band until they had a bit of recognition and they sadly sound too glossy and over produced now.
Dan Auerbach is both a great guitarist and a great blues singer but he wants to be a rockstar nowadays.
Shame.
Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 09:51 - Feb 13 with 1038 viewsizlingtonhoop

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 23:03 - Feb 12 by Pommyhoop

As predicted.

Spack!
Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 11:27 - Feb 13 with 1023 viewsPommyhoop

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 09:51 - Feb 13 by izlingtonhoop

As predicted.

Spack!

Fuuuuuuuck..
Guilty as charged!!
Great track tho eh.Part of my actual being is that track..
Back on subject I'm gonna have a wild stab at.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 16:40 - Feb 15 with 987 viewsTacticalR

@jamois 'Question: Does everyone just post their tune on here and not listen to anything else that's been posted? I'm guilty of that most of the time, simply a factor of time. Today however, I have the headphones on and I'm trying to make my way through as many of the posts as possible.''

I try to guess what will be interesting, and usually skip anything I already know.

Actually, I might make more of an effort in future as it's pretty easy to listen to everything...

You can
- click on the watch later (clock) button on each Youtube video
- then go to the watch later page
- and listen to them all in one go

Air hostess clique

Friday tunes - in a bluesy kind of mood on 13:13 - May 8 with 836 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024