Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Central midfield 16:30 - Feb 13 with 3637 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Notwithstanding systems around the centre of midfield, our current lack of depth in that area were really exposed today.
Ale, is fragile. Luongos is learning and wildly inconsistent at the moment. Henry is good in his defined, limited role. Toszer is a decent player who hasn't got the confidence to tie his shoelaces at the moment, and that is about it.
If we are playing out this season establishing our systems and preparing to be somewhat more competitive next season then we need some strength here now, otherwise we are going to end up reeling from from scraping a win here and there with performances like today, leaving us only in greater disarray.
I know there are plenty of reasons to say no to loans but whether it's an older player or a promising youngster who hasn't made his Prem teams 25, we need help in this area now to stabilise us, for our benefit.
Central midfield on 17:04 - Feb 13 with 2758 viewsGloucs_R

No only that but leadership too. A bit of steel like hill and Derry.

Our wingers are made of glass, no guts. O'Hara and Parker bossed it today.

Onouha is not a leader.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Central midfield on 17:24 - Feb 13 with 2713 viewsBklynRanger

It seemed very risky to play Toszer and Luongo fro the start. It shouldn't be really, but Toszer has reportedly been off the pace most of the season - one cameo last week seemed a lot to base a start on. And Luongo is learning so that's two uncertainties in the middle.

If someone wouldn't mind blinding Disco with acid for a moment, cheers..........

........... it might have been safer to start with Henry and Luongo. At least Henry's a known quantity. Maybe Toszer did well in training this week I don't know.
Central midfield on 17:58 - Feb 13 with 2658 viewsbaz_qpr

Central midfield on 17:04 - Feb 13 by Gloucs_R

Onouha is not a leader.

This - If anything LF needs get this big time, we need a couple of leaders and one especially in CM
Central midfield on 21:04 - Feb 13 with 2548 viewsstevec

Loungo is learning? Well he looks a right clever little fcker to me. An absolute master class in hiding from the job, not for the first time either.
Central midfield on 21:12 - Feb 13 with 2524 viewsWatford_Ranger

Central midfield on 21:04 - Feb 13 by stevec

Loungo is learning? Well he looks a right clever little fcker to me. An absolute master class in hiding from the job, not for the first time either.

Really? He's not struck me as one to shirk responsibility in the way more experienced, higher profile players have. Toszer is the experienced head in that pair but seems to have all the leadership qualities of Helen Keller.

Doughty is probably not the next Pirlo or Makelele but we won't ever know. You'd think he could get a game here given Faurlin is unlikely to be fit regularly.
Central midfield on 21:27 - Feb 13 with 2492 viewsessextaxiboy

I am glad he is getting a go , but I do struggle to see Luongo,s best qualities.

His he a passer or a tackler , he isnt a goalscorer but neither a holding defensive midfielder . Where does he fit best ?
Central midfield on 21:31 - Feb 13 with 2480 viewsstevec

Central midfield on 21:12 - Feb 13 by Watford_Ranger

Really? He's not struck me as one to shirk responsibility in the way more experienced, higher profile players have. Toszer is the experienced head in that pair but seems to have all the leadership qualities of Helen Keller.

Doughty is probably not the next Pirlo or Makelele but we won't ever know. You'd think he could get a game here given Faurlin is unlikely to be fit regularly.

Watch Luongo off the ball.

Like Wolves game, today it took about 15 minutes to get a view of playing Parker and OHara and there on dropped himself neatly away from the action.

He's League One and if this summer we don't suss we can't keep going this route we are looking at a particularly nasty 2016/17.
Central midfield on 22:08 - Feb 13 with 2402 viewspaulparker

Luango was up against 3 in midfield today, toszer was pathetic and seemed to be running in concrete boots offering luango no help at all , cairney, parker, and ohara wont have an easier afternoon
hopefully we will have Henry leaving in the summer and Toszer joining him
we need 2 centre midfielders & 2 fullbacks in the summer big time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Central midfield on 23:21 - Feb 13 with 2329 viewsWatford_Ranger

Central midfield on 22:08 - Feb 13 by paulparker

Luango was up against 3 in midfield today, toszer was pathetic and seemed to be running in concrete boots offering luango no help at all , cairney, parker, and ohara wont have an easier afternoon

I don't think we need any new full-backs. Just stop playing the old fuds.
Central midfield on 23:39 - Feb 13 with 2305 viewsWilloW4

Central midfield on 17:04 - Feb 13 by Gloucs_R

Onouha is not a leader.

Onouha is not a leader.! Fact ! Onouha is NOT a decent footballer.!!! Get rid.!
Central midfield on 23:42 - Feb 13 with 2303 viewsWatford_Ranger

Central midfield on 23:39 - Feb 13 by WilloW4

Onouha is not a leader.! Fact ! Onouha is NOT a decent footballer.!!! Get rid.!

How many CBs in this division are good footballers?

The bloke is big, quick and can tackle. He is forming a good partnership with Hall. One game shouldn't change that.
Central midfield on 23:47 - Feb 13 with 2282 viewsWilloW4

Central midfield on 23:42 - Feb 13 by Watford_Ranger

The bloke is big, quick and can tackle. He is forming a good partnership with Hall. One game shouldn't change that.

ONE game??? You're having a laugh mate..the bloke is .....ha ha ha, and can tackle!?!? More ha ha ha.. Have a look at him versus Fulham.. He's clueless, lazy and completely disinterested .
Central midfield on 23:52 - Feb 13 with 2267 viewsWatford_Ranger

Central midfield on 23:47 - Feb 13 by WilloW4

ONE game??? You're having a laugh mate..the bloke is .....ha ha ha, and can tackle!?!? More ha ha ha.. Have a look at him versus Fulham.. He's clueless, lazy and completely disinterested .

He's made many a last ditch tackle in his time with us including this season. It's easy to react after a poor performance but you can't say he's been bad the last few games.
Central midfield on 23:56 - Feb 13 with 2262 viewsjamois

Central midfield on 23:42 - Feb 13 by Watford_Ranger

It's not one game, it's most of them. You're right about his qualities. But everything else is missing. He cannot pass the ball to his teammates and Mother Teresa probably had more positional sense. He's a decent bloke and I'm not getting on his back. Yes we're in the Championship, but Danny Shittu was in League One and he was streets ahead.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Central midfield on 23:57 - Feb 13 with 2259 viewsWilloW4

Central midfield on 23:52 - Feb 13 by Watford_Ranger

He's made many a last ditch tackle in his time with us including this season. It's easy to react after a poor performance but you can't say he's been bad the last few games.

I get your point about his last ditch tackles in the box, but please watch him when we let in a goal/s.. He's all over the place. Never marking/ or close to the goal scorer.. It's true mate, he really is worse than averagely shite.
Central midfield on 00:07 - Feb 14 with 2244 viewsQPR_Jim

Central midfield on 22:08 - Feb 13 by paulparker

I do wonder whether the lack of consistency in midfield partner is affecting luongo's form. Faurlin is by far our best midfielder but unfortunately can't be relied upon to play as often as necessary.
Central midfield on 02:23 - Feb 14 with 2164 viewstimcocking

They're all so slow. When was the last time we had an athletic presence in centre mid?

I find myself wondering why Chery isn't getting more opportunities. I'm away, so I'm not watching the full games, don't know about his attitude, but he seems decent. Scores goals and creates chances (obviously I don't mean centre mid).
Central midfield on 03:14 - Feb 14 with 2150 viewsAussieRs

Did anybody actually count the number of completed QPR passes in the opposition half? Could have been the cognac or the tears but it looked to me as though QPR made almost none over the 90.

A joke.
Central midfield on 08:25 - Feb 14 with 2041 viewsRuislipHoop

Onuoha is not going anywhere while Les is in charge.
Central midfield on 08:51 - Feb 14 with 2001 viewsDorse

This is more of a 'jam tomorrow' contribution but I think that Jimbo will bring players of the type you're requesting in the longer term. This season, variously consolidation, promotion or write-off, is not the time for us to do it.

Getting players like Doughty, Gladwin, Furlong, Kpekawa etc as much playing time as possible has got to be a priority, preferably without knackering their confidence because, all-powerful Atheismo knows, we're going to need all of them next season.

Ramsey's Championship tenure was truncated based on a number of already well-covered reasons, however, the club hasn't helped itself by over-reaching for the past 4 seasons. Jimbo started with a, frankly, hideous squad and had no way of altering things until certain criteria were met. Give the club its due though, I never thought they'd give him any money from the Austin sale to spend, but spend he did and we've got Ingham, Washington and El Kayate. No more money came in because (and who could blame them) none of the other clubs in any of the other leagues on planet Earth were prepared to actually pay for the services of our players. We are now in the state of continuous humiliation that sees us have to slowly witness Traore's (amongst other's but it is his that grinds my gears most) contract drip slowly away whilst he does, well what exactly?

I honestly think JFH wants to change and would already have done so, like every other manager we've had since TF arrived, if it were possible.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Central midfield on 09:16 - Feb 14 with 1958 viewsPunteR

Central midfield on 08:25 - Feb 14 by RuislipHoop

Really ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Central midfield on 09:24 - Feb 14 with 1944 viewsRuislipHoop

All part of the master plan.
Central midfield on 09:29 - Feb 14 with 1930 viewsCHUBBS

His over inflated contracts up at the end of this season and we can do far better for a fraction of what he'll want.
I've always given him the benefit of the doubt but he's an out and out defender who can't control or pass the ball,when the defending goes to pot there is nothing else.
He isn't a leader and struggles to learn from his mistakes.
Grant Hall looks like the experienced player out of the two.
I used to compare him to Danny Maddix but on reflection he's not in his league.
As with toilet we'd have to be certifiable to re sign him.
Central midfield on 09:29 - Feb 14 with 1928 viewsBlue_Castello

Central midfield on 08:51 - Feb 14 by Dorse

This is more of a 'jam tomorrow' contribution but I think that Jimbo will bring players of the type you're requesting in the longer term. This season, variously consolidation, promotion or write-off, is not the time for us to do it.

Getting players like Doughty, Gladwin, Furlong, Kpekawa etc as much playing time as possible has got to be a priority, preferably without knackering their confidence because, all-powerful Atheismo knows, we're going to need all of them next season.

Ramsey's Championship tenure was truncated based on a number of already well-covered reasons, however, the club hasn't helped itself by over-reaching for the past 4 seasons. Jimbo started with a, frankly, hideous squad and had no way of altering things until certain criteria were met. Give the club its due though, I never thought they'd give him any money from the Austin sale to spend, but spend he did and we've got Ingham, Washington and El Kayate. No more money came in because (and who could blame them) none of the other clubs in any of the other leagues on planet Earth were prepared to actually pay for the services of our players. We are now in the state of continuous humiliation that sees us have to slowly witness Traore's (amongst other's but it is his that grinds my gears most) contract drip slowly away whilst he does, well what exactly?

I honestly think JFH wants to change and would already have done so, like every other manager we've had since TF arrived, if it were possible.

Good post Dorse, we are definitely going to go through the pain barrier before this squad is dissected and reassembled in the Summer.

That was painful yesterday watching Fulham take the initiative from the moment they scored the first goal they were in total control, what made it worse was watching their players celebrate in front of R block, where we sit in row K was painful.

What annoyed me most as has been said elsewhere was that everybody could see we were outnumbered in midfield but JFHs decision to combat at half time when it was too late and the game was effectively over was to keep introducing attacking players in the hope that this would work. When you have three substitutions to make surely at least one of those has to be to try and rectify the domination in midfield of the opposition, that would still allow you to bring on two attacking players.

I genuinely feel JFH is going to turn out to be a good manager and that he needs some time to rebuild the squad the midfield options available at the moment are poor which is why in some games we have to have an extra midfield player. We can't just decide to play 4-4-2 every game it won't work, look at the opposition do your homework and select the team accordingly it pains me to say it but of the options available Henry should have played yesterday and that's not hindsight because Toszers not up to the job.

Can somebody tell me if we have a recall clause in Doughtys contract, it's blatantly obvious that it was a crap decision to let him go out on loan, he's just the type of player we needed yesterday and it won't cost us any money.
Central midfield on 09:52 - Feb 14 with 1885 viewsjamois

what on earth does that mean? are they in a relationship? will they miss their wednesday night cribbage?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024