Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polter 00:17 - Feb 15 with 3569 viewsGuppy22

He may not be the greatest player ever, but very humble tweeting his apologies today and that he will train and try harder next week, compare that to the idiot Lescott at villa.
Polter on 03:09 - Feb 15 with 3492 viewsozexile

Very admirable.
Polter on 11:59 - Feb 15 with 3212 viewsfakekerby

He's a very raw talent, but is well worth persevering with, he's got a very good attitude and will only get better with games and time.

He was also no worse than many of his experienced colleagues on the day.
Polter on 12:03 - Feb 15 with 3191 viewsWestbourneR

Lovely boy, good attitude but he is poor. I want to love him and with the right service he can head a ball but really? He's not up to the Championship long term. He was so bad yesterday it was painful.

Player I like the look of a lot is Samuelsen at Peterborough. He looks incredibly good for his age. Reminds me of Aaron Ramsey.

What we really need to unearth for the first 11 is a centre mid, aside from Ale, who is very comfortable on the ball, good range of passing, and can dictate tempo.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Polter on 12:06 - Feb 15 with 3182 viewsbosh67

Polter on 12:03 - Feb 15 by WestbourneR

Lovely boy, good attitude but he is poor. I want to love him and with the right service he can head a ball but really? He's not up to the Championship long term. He was so bad yesterday it was painful.

Player I like the look of a lot is Samuelsen at Peterborough. He looks incredibly good for his age. Reminds me of Aaron Ramsey.

What we really need to unearth for the first 11 is a centre mid, aside from Ale, who is very comfortable on the ball, good range of passing, and can dictate tempo.

We know Polter is good in the air, we need to give him proper service and he will score goals. I like Samuelsen but doubt Peterborough would sell him as well. Great talent though and quick feet.

I see Doughty scored a brace for Swindon over the weekend playing as the playmaker centre midfield at Swindon. Absolutely baffled as to why he isn't playing for us. Always looks good.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Polter on 12:26 - Feb 15 with 3118 viewsolderR

Samuelson is on loan from West Ham.
I expect they know what they have there.
Polter on 12:28 - Feb 15 with 3099 viewswestberksr

Polter on 12:06 - Feb 15 by bosh67

We know Polter is good in the air, we need to give him proper service and he will score goals. I like Samuelsen but doubt Peterborough would sell him as well. Great talent though and quick feet.

I see Doughty scored a brace for Swindon over the weekend playing as the playmaker centre midfield at Swindon. Absolutely baffled as to why he isn't playing for us. Always looks good.

Samuelson is a Wet Spam loanee, so might be available for loan in the forthcoming season if they want to develop him gradually going up a division.

Bosh, what did Doughty ever do for us? (despite the fact that he never got a fukkin chance in the first place! )
Polter on 12:30 - Feb 15 with 3080 viewsbosh67

Polter on 12:28 - Feb 15 by westberksr

Samuelson is a Wet Spam loanee, so might be available for loan in the forthcoming season if they want to develop him gradually going up a division.

Bosh, what did Doughty ever do for us? (despite the fact that he never got a fukkin chance in the first place! )

Doughty has looked solid in every game he has played for us. Have no idea what he has done wrong.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Polter on 12:50 - Feb 15 with 3014 viewswestberksr

Polter on 12:30 - Feb 15 by bosh67

Doughty has looked solid in every game he has played for us. Have no idea what he has done wrong.

just in case that read as a stroppy reply i was being sarcastic; totally agree with you Bosh.

he has more mobility that Henry, apparently less injuries than Sandra and more strength than Toezer (SP); fukk it, loan him to Swindon!
Login to get fewer ads

Polter on 12:56 - Feb 15 with 2991 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don't understand the snobbishness about Polter.

'Poor' is a lazy way of describing a player.

What is he not doing right? Goals and assists. What more do you want?
Polter on 12:57 - Feb 15 with 2981 viewsadhoc_qpr

Polter on 12:28 - Feb 15 by westberksr

Completely agree about Doughty, he should have started at least 10 games this season!
Polter on 13:03 - Feb 15 with 2962 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Polter on 12:57 - Feb 15 by adhoc_qpr

Completely agree about Doughty, he should have started at least 10 games this season!

This is where I get confused between the club and what they say and what they do.

Promote the youngsters and give them a chance - no we'll loan them all out to other teams instead.

We'll never know if they are good enough if we don't give them a chance.
If they are not good enough then we should get rid of them now and not keep loaning them out.
Make a decision.
Better to play ours than loan someone else's has beens
Polter on 13:55 - Feb 15 with 2847 viewswombat

Polter on 13:03 - Feb 15 by superhoopdownunder

This is where I get confused between the club and what they say and what they do.

Promote the youngsters and give them a chance - no we'll loan them all out to other teams instead.

If they are not good enough then we should get rid of them now and not keep loaning them out.
Make a decision.

I heard doughty was going to ask JFH at xmas what his long terms plans were and he was then shipped out a week or so later, madness not playing him , can tackle has pace and scores goals 2 on sat for swindon how can he not be a better choice instead of tozer or even luongo for certain games

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Polter on 13:57 - Feb 15 with 2831 viewsNorthernr

Polter is a limited player technically, but he can be useful at this level with his presence, work rate and heading ability. The odd thing about him is he can appear to have absolutely no first touch whatsoever one minute, then the next he's playing a cute through ball or turning a clever ball round the corner.

He's just a big lump really, can be useful, certainly hasn't played well the last two games which is a shame as he'd been improving rapidly before that.
Polter on 14:04 - Feb 15 with 2801 viewsAntti_Heinola

Polter on 13:03 - Feb 15 by superhoopdownunder

Make a decision.

Agree Doughty has deserved more of a go. Apparently did well at Forest in the Cup too. But maybe a loan spell will be the best thing for him? I dunno.
The only thing I'd dispute is 'how wil we know if they're good enough if they're not given a chance' - well, people watch them in training and in EDS games and so forth and on loan all the time. I think you can probably tell what you need to know from that? But yes, I'd have kept Doughty, I'd have given Furlong a few games and I'd have played Yun all season when fit!

Bare bones.

Polter on 14:04 - Feb 15 with 2798 viewswombat

Polter on 13:57 - Feb 15 by Northernr

Polter is a limited player technically, but he can be useful at this level with his presence, work rate and heading ability. The odd thing about him is he can appear to have absolutely no first touch whatsoever one minute, then the next he's playing a cute through ball or turning a clever ball round the corner.

He's just a big lump really, can be useful, certainly hasn't played well the last two games which is a shame as he'd been improving rapidly before that.

shame him and washington didnt start sat as they looked like they was starting to sort a partnership out , hopefully washington and faurlin are both fit for bolton otherwise its gonna be a bloody long day for all of us

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Polter on 14:09 - Feb 15 with 2786 views1MoreBrightonR

i think poulter is a decent mid table championship player...he wont set the world alight but given we are at best a midtable team and he's young, i'm happy with him. Think he would be fantastic in league one.

He was bad on saturday but who wasnt and he had absolutely no service.
Polter on 14:16 - Feb 15 with 2763 viewsFredManRave

Are we sure Polter didn't send that tweet accidentally while his phone was in his pocket?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Polter on 14:23 - Feb 15 with 2740 viewsNorthernr

Polter on 14:04 - Feb 15 by Antti_Heinola

Agree Doughty has deserved more of a go. Apparently did well at Forest in the Cup too. But maybe a loan spell will be the best thing for him? I dunno.
The only thing I'd dispute is 'how wil we know if they're good enough if they're not given a chance' - well, people watch them in training and in EDS games and so forth and on loan all the time. I think you can probably tell what you need to know from that? But yes, I'd have kept Doughty, I'd have given Furlong a few games and I'd have played Yun all season when fit!

I didn't think Doughty was that good at Forest actually, but he was playing on the wing for a lot of it.
Much like I've said on the Yun thread, successive managers have ignored Doughty having seen him regularly in training etc. I can potentially see an ulterior motive for leaving YSY out - maybe football people don't like being told by non football people who's a good footballer i.e. YSY was signed by TF for commercial purposes so is judged harshly - but that doesn't exist with Doughty. In fact I'm sure the club would love him to play so they can point out a junior is getting a chance.
I also, early in his career, thought he was too slow, too one dimensional to make it. Forest had him watched, for obvious reasons, and came to the same conclusion.

But then when he played at Hull and Huddersfield in 2015 he was decent, he's doing well out on loan now, and we're really struggling in his position here, so I don't see the harm in giving him a dozen games now and decide once and for all.
Polter on 14:49 - Feb 15 with 2674 viewsAntti_Heinola

Polter on 14:23 - Feb 15 by Northernr

I didn't think Doughty was that good at Forest actually, but he was playing on the wing for a lot of it.
Much like I've said on the Yun thread, successive managers have ignored Doughty having seen him regularly in training etc. I can potentially see an ulterior motive for leaving YSY out - maybe football people don't like being told by non football people who's a good footballer i.e. YSY was signed by TF for commercial purposes so is judged harshly - but that doesn't exist with Doughty. In fact I'm sure the club would love him to play so they can point out a junior is getting a chance.
I also, early in his career, thought he was too slow, too one dimensional to make it. Forest had him watched, for obvious reasons, and came to the same conclusion.

But then when he played at Hull and Huddersfield in 2015 he was decent, he's doing well out on loan now, and we're really struggling in his position here, so I don't see the harm in giving him a dozen games now and decide once and for all.

Sorry Norf, my recollection from your report was he'd been pretty good at Forest. Think you probably said he was adequate when out of position.
Liked him when I've seen him, should probably have had more games ahead of older players who won't get better. Feels like one we could keep around, but then I've barely seen him play.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024