Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irish variation on motoring fines help 07:31 - Feb 18 with 1976 viewsenfieldargh

I just received via post a fine for non-payment of Toll on the M50 between jct6-7. The crime was committed on the 18th January

I see the fine I have received is good old Euro Parking who I think are the bunch of schiesters who operate car parks on retail parks etc.

Is the fine enforceable me being a UK resident?

Does this mean any European driver who fails to pay the congestion charge or QE2 bridge toll also gets a similar fine?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 08:26 - Feb 18 with 1920 viewsA40Bosh

Happened to me a few years back and I believe under European Law then can chase you. To be honest I just paid up because I wasn't prepared to take the risk of them coming back at me again looking for larger fines for upaid tolls.
Pay up sir and damn their britches.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 08:32 - Feb 18 with 1912 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't know, Enfield, sorry.

What I do know though, is that they have hired an English debt collection agency specifically for British and Northern Irish fines. The fines escalate massively, too. You'll be looking at a couple of hundred yo-yos in a couple of months.

I know that a massive proportion of the disputed cases are from the North and as far as I know they've all ended up paying. I would ring them and haggle over the phone, do your best, but I wouldn't ignore it to be honest. Sorry!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 08:50 - Feb 18 with 1885 viewsMonahoop

Don't worry. The Irish taxpayer will pay the fine through a sneaky stealth tax. That lets toll dodging tourists and visitors off the hook.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 08:59 - Feb 18 with 1876 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 08:50 - Feb 18 by Monahoop

Don't worry. The Irish taxpayer will pay the fine through a sneaky stealth tax. That lets toll dodging tourists and visitors off the hook.

That's a point...are you a banker or a bondholder, Enfield?

If you are, we'll pay your fine!

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 09:37 - Feb 18 with 1835 viewsA40Bosh

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 08:32 - Feb 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't know, Enfield, sorry.

What I do know though, is that they have hired an English debt collection agency specifically for British and Northern Irish fines. The fines escalate massively, too. You'll be looking at a couple of hundred yo-yos in a couple of months.

I know that a massive proportion of the disputed cases are from the North and as far as I know they've all ended up paying. I would ring them and haggle over the phone, do your best, but I wouldn't ignore it to be honest. Sorry!

"What I do know though, is that they have hired an English debt collection agency specifically for British and Northern Irish fines. The fines escalate massively, too. You'll be looking at a couple of hundred yo-yos in a couple of months."

I was writing that Brian above but then took it out because I was not sure whether I had imagined that or whether I had heard that too. I think that is why when I got the letter from an English company I thought this means they are serious. I think I paid £24 for a €3 toll I genuinely forgot to pay.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 09:46 - Feb 18 with 1822 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 09:37 - Feb 18 by A40Bosh

"What I do know though, is that they have hired an English debt collection agency specifically for British and Northern Irish fines. The fines escalate massively, too. You'll be looking at a couple of hundred yo-yos in a couple of months."

I was writing that Brian above but then took it out because I was not sure whether I had imagined that or whether I had heard that too. I think that is why when I got the letter from an English company I thought this means they are serious. I think I paid £24 for a €3 toll I genuinely forgot to pay.

Ya, it is true so you were right to pay.

Apparently, the hairspray on the licence plates still works, though....

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 11:32 - Feb 18 with 1741 viewsBoston

Can always flee to North America, claim political asylum....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 11:37 - Feb 18 with 1733 viewsTonto

The congestion charge has international baliffs who take on the debt and seek to recover it (plus their costs).

I suspect most other tolls employ a similar service. So its a case of either pay the fine or wait for some big meat head to turn up at the door with a larger fine...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 11:50 - Feb 18 with 1718 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Oh the irony!

I earned a fine in my last week in France. They wrote to my English address but alas, I lost the bloody letter. I have been chasing to pay this through their Embassy in London, my wife has been calling France and we even got the chap we hired our cars from in France on the case.

Reason being, fines incurred by EU citizens in other EU countries will be chased. So, best get it paid.

French bureaucracy being what it is, and after numerous calls etc. resulted in this:

1. Moi asking for the e-payment number (this is on the form they sent to be fair, but which I lost). Non possible! They couldn't give me the number so I could have paid there and then online.

2. Instead the gave me their SWIFT and BIC details and so off I went to my bank, and paid the princely sum of £10 to transfer them 45 euros. Job done? Non!

3. Yesterday my bank wrote to me to say, Francois Hollande's cheese eating surrender monkeys had returned the money back over La Manche to my account.

4. I phone the bloody French today, and after explaining where we were up to in this little French farce, it went like this:

Me: The money I sent to pay my fine has bounced back to me.

Them: You need the e-payment number.

Me: No. However, having lost the demand letter, both my wife and I phoned you up and asked for the e-payment number to be told, non! So, can you give it to me now please?

Them: Not possible.

Me: Just so I am clear. Your colleague gave me the SWIFT and BIC numbers knowing that without the e-payment number and, not withstanding all the details I put to identify me and my fine, the money would bounce back to me?

Them: Not possible without the e-payment number.

Me: Which you can't give me, even when I give you all the details?

Them: Non!

Me: Can I write to complain?

Them: No point as no one will read it (She actually said this!!)

Me: So what now?

Them: Wait for the next letter.

Me: Which will be a larger fine?

Them: Yes.

Come back home Mr Cameron, we don't need to be associated with this total shower!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 12:27 - Feb 18 with 1673 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 11:50 - Feb 18 by PlanetHonneywood

Oh the irony!

I earned a fine in my last week in France. They wrote to my English address but alas, I lost the bloody letter. I have been chasing to pay this through their Embassy in London, my wife has been calling France and we even got the chap we hired our cars from in France on the case.

Reason being, fines incurred by EU citizens in other EU countries will be chased. So, best get it paid.

French bureaucracy being what it is, and after numerous calls etc. resulted in this:

1. Moi asking for the e-payment number (this is on the form they sent to be fair, but which I lost). Non possible! They couldn't give me the number so I could have paid there and then online.

2. Instead the gave me their SWIFT and BIC details and so off I went to my bank, and paid the princely sum of £10 to transfer them 45 euros. Job done? Non!

3. Yesterday my bank wrote to me to say, Francois Hollande's cheese eating surrender monkeys had returned the money back over La Manche to my account.

4. I phone the bloody French today, and after explaining where we were up to in this little French farce, it went like this:

Me: The money I sent to pay my fine has bounced back to me.

Them: You need the e-payment number.

Me: No. However, having lost the demand letter, both my wife and I phoned you up and asked for the e-payment number to be told, non! So, can you give it to me now please?

Them: Not possible.

Me: Just so I am clear. Your colleague gave me the SWIFT and BIC numbers knowing that without the e-payment number and, not withstanding all the details I put to identify me and my fine, the money would bounce back to me?

Them: Not possible without the e-payment number.

Me: Which you can't give me, even when I give you all the details?

Them: Non!

Me: Can I write to complain?

Them: No point as no one will read it (She actually said this!!)

Me: So what now?

Them: Wait for the next letter.

Me: Which will be a larger fine?

Them: Yes.

Come back home Mr Cameron, we don't need to be associated with this total shower!

Feeling better after that rant, J?

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 12:37 - Feb 18 with 1655 viewsMrSheen

My wife got a letter about a fine from a speed camera in Spain. We put it in the "eventually" tray but it had gone by the time our next holiday came round. I was really worried she'd be clapped in irons when we picked up our hire car, but nothing...
Irish variation on motoring fines help on 14:54 - Feb 18 with 1570 viewshoof_hearted

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 12:37 - Feb 18 by MrSheen

My wife got a letter about a fine from a speed camera in Spain. We put it in the "eventually" tray but it had gone by the time our next holiday came round. I was really worried she'd be clapped in irons when we picked up our hire car, but nothing...

Too much technology.

I think I have left it too late for my long planned drink driving holiday in Ireland. So I have.
Irish variation on motoring fines help on 15:07 - Feb 18 with 1552 viewsToast_R

Having worked for an Enforcement Agency, the new rules from April 2014 regarding fees are £75 once the debt is passed over to an agency and then £235 once they do a visit. There can be additional £110 for the use of a tow truck should a vehicle be seized and also covering storage and auctioneer costs if the vehicle being is sold on. For debts over £1500 your looking at an extra 7.5%.on top.

Best to pay the bastard fine up front before it ever gets to that stage as there are plenty of Nationwide Enforcement Agents looking for work.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2016 15:09]
Irish variation on motoring fines help on 15:21 - Feb 18 with 1534 viewskingsburyR

Always get caught by that and always pay the few quid they are after.

Saying that my old man never pays and hasn't heard anything bar the odd letter!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 19:27 - Feb 18 with 1431 viewsderbyhoop

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 11:32 - Feb 18 by Boston

Can always flee to North America, claim political asylum....

Not if you are a Muslim, Mr Trump.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 12:13 - May 27 with 1175 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Speeding Fine Part Deux.

As expected from my earlier rant on this matter, France wrote to me stating that I had not paid a speeding fine incurred there last year. (Notwithstanding the fact that I transferred monies to their account; the details of which they sent me and from which, the soppy feckers returned the monies from to me!)

France has now written to me and increased the fine from 45 to 144Euros.

Thing is, you can challenge this, but you have to pay the increased fine first!

I have drafted a letter outlining my case, suitably dripping in sarcasm at their shockingly poor systems and inefficiency. However, the fact remains that the feeling of a slow and long hard shaft from French bureaucracy looms in the distant horizon. That assumes of course, that my letter can negotiate the plethora of strikes, shockingly low productivity during l'été and the chance to real jab it up my wazoo should we vote Brexit.

If we do and they do, then it will be a small price to pay!

And if Brian McCarthy reads this, I do feel better for this rant!!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 12:41 - May 27 with 1138 viewsMrSheen

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 12:13 - May 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Speeding Fine Part Deux.

As expected from my earlier rant on this matter, France wrote to me stating that I had not paid a speeding fine incurred there last year. (Notwithstanding the fact that I transferred monies to their account; the details of which they sent me and from which, the soppy feckers returned the monies from to me!)

France has now written to me and increased the fine from 45 to 144Euros.

Thing is, you can challenge this, but you have to pay the increased fine first!

I have drafted a letter outlining my case, suitably dripping in sarcasm at their shockingly poor systems and inefficiency. However, the fact remains that the feeling of a slow and long hard shaft from French bureaucracy looms in the distant horizon. That assumes of course, that my letter can negotiate the plethora of strikes, shockingly low productivity during l'été and the chance to real jab it up my wazoo should we vote Brexit.

If we do and they do, then it will be a small price to pay!

And if Brian McCarthy reads this, I do feel better for this rant!!!!

Back to the OP, do they have toll gates on the M50, or is it like the congestion charge and you have to pay from home? Using it tomorrow!
Irish variation on motoring fines help on 13:03 - May 27 with 1108 viewsCamberleyR

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 12:41 - May 27 by MrSheen

Back to the OP, do they have toll gates on the M50, or is it like the congestion charge and you have to pay from home? Using it tomorrow!

I had to pay it for the M50 when over there for my cousin's wedding last year. I was travelling south to Wicklow from Dublin and there weren't any toll gates on that route heading for the N11.

You should be able to pay it here:
https://www.eflow.ie/
[Post edited 27 May 2016 13:04]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 16:31 - May 27 with 1008 viewsMrSheen

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 13:03 - May 27 by CamberleyR

I had to pay it for the M50 when over there for my cousin's wedding last year. I was travelling south to Wicklow from Dublin and there weren't any toll gates on that route heading for the N11.

You should be able to pay it here:
https://www.eflow.ie/
[Post edited 27 May 2016 13:04]

Cheers. Paid in advance.
Irish variation on motoring fines help on 16:39 - May 27 with 1001 viewsenfieldargh

Irish variation on motoring fines help on 12:41 - May 27 by MrSheen

it was 5AM pishing with rain and several trucks bombing past creating spray, what bloody signs??????

I usually arrive Dublin and depart Belfast so had no idea

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024