Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New York 14:30 - Feb 19 with 22765 viewsYorkRanger

First trip in March. We have all the usual tourist stuff planned, however as usual the LFW insight will be much valued
New York on 11:05 - May 2 with 2128 viewsdaveB

Just bumping this back to the top, am going to New York for the first time next month and the tips are very useful.

Has anyone done the speedboat trip called The Beast? Have read mixed reviews of it but the youtube videos made it look good
New York on 12:27 - May 2 with 2092 viewsCroydonCaptJack

New York on 11:05 - May 2 by daveB

Just bumping this back to the top, am going to New York for the first time next month and the tips are very useful.

Has anyone done the speedboat trip called The Beast? Have read mixed reviews of it but the youtube videos made it look good

No but the new York water taxi is a great and cheap way to see Liberty if it hasn't already been posted.
New York on 12:41 - May 2 with 2077 viewsjohann28

DBA 41 !st Ave (East Village) is one of my favourite pub/bars in NY. Always something to tempt, including traditional English-style ales, Craft Beers, Belgian beers and whatnot. Once you've got nicely tanked up there you can then stagger up the road to Zum Schenider (107 Ave C at E 7th St), a wonderful and inexpensive Bavarian restaurant with great German beers such as Spaten Optimator and the like on tap. Life really doesn't get much better than this.
New York on 13:13 - May 2 with 2053 viewsmerseyhoop

As a family we are planning to go in October, any recommendations for hotels greatly appreciated.
New York on 14:43 - May 2 with 2014 viewsBoston

New York on 13:13 - May 2 by merseyhoop

As a family we are planning to go in October, any recommendations for hotels greatly appreciated.

There's a great ferry service over to Staten Island...you having an interest in that form of transportation.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New York on 15:07 - May 2 with 1994 viewsmerseyhoop

New York on 14:43 - May 2 by Boston

There's a great ferry service over to Staten Island...you having an interest in that form of transportation.

good reply Boston
New York on 22:34 - May 2 with 1939 viewsYorkRanger

We stayed at The Renwick - nice hotel, good location close to Grand Central Station, staff very friendly and helpful.
New York on 22:42 - May 2 with 1932 viewsYorkRanger

New York on 11:05 - May 2 by daveB

Dave, we stayed five nights and had a great time. We did all the main attractions and bought a City Pass in advance which gave entry to 6 attractions, although this didn't avoid queueing at many.

Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Empire State, Top of the Rock, 911 memorial and museum of Natural History all really enjoyed. Central Park is really scenic and did plenty of walking to take in 5th Avenue, Times Square, Wall Street, Broadway etc.

Subway was easy to get around as well. Great city.
Login to get fewer ads

New York on 06:58 - May 3 with 1890 viewsSydneyRs

New York on 10:45 - Feb 20 by Devonrrr

This absolutely this! Spent the entire time feeling I was on a film set, the noise the smells the buzz, amazing place. Had to get out after a few days though as I was desperate to see the sky again. Over twenty years since I was there but recommend a boat trip round the island its a good way to get your head round the geography of the place, I know some people who did it last year and said it was good. Take the bus, really friendly people, everyone wants to speak to an Australian. Has to be one of the best cities in the world.

Me too. Like being on a film set was exactly as I described it the first time I visited. The yellow taxis, steam coming out of drains, car horns. All so familiar.

It has a buzz like no other city I have been to Even the small buildings are big. The ultimate city for me and a great place to visit. I would love to go back!
New York on 07:26 - May 3 with 1877 viewsdaveB

New York on 22:42 - May 2 by YorkRanger

Dave, we stayed five nights and had a great time. We did all the main attractions and bought a City Pass in advance which gave entry to 6 attractions, although this didn't avoid queueing at many.

Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Empire State, Top of the Rock, 911 memorial and museum of Natural History all really enjoyed. Central Park is really scenic and did plenty of walking to take in 5th Avenue, Times Square, Wall Street, Broadway etc.

Subway was easy to get around as well. Great city.

yeah have got the City Pass planning on the same as you and i'd love to go to madison Square Gardens whist there but doesn't look like they have much on the week I go.
New York on 22:41 - May 5 with 1772 viewsmerseyhoop

Thanks for the Hotel tip York Ranger, any others greatly appreciated.

When we go to New York is it sad to make the family do the same trip as The Warriors on the metro to Coney Island (without gangs chasing us of course), I will of course be wearing a Baseball Furies Tee in tribute to a classic film
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024