Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Bolton 19:20 - Feb 19 with 21174 viewsRangersDave

Ok I'm giving this a go as no one else wants too.

As its just down the road I'm going to be there, so it means no change of avatar this week, sorry.

Next week, I promise.

Anyway...... I predict 2-1 to Rangers with Polter and Washinton getting ours.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Match Thread: Bolton on 17:10 - Feb 20 with 2444 viewsLblock

I slink back in with my tail only slightly between my legs -- that was still a shocker and feedback from the ground is we managed to excel ourselves and be WORSE than against Foolham

A win at MK Dons should see us all but staying up --- that's how massive I think Matt Phillips late equaliser is!!!!
The club is stinking like a putrid fish carcass that has been washed ashore in a heatwave.

God knows what the answer is but it's not a) Karl Henry Ramsey, or b) Daniel Tozzer or anything that Tony Fernandez has ever touched, tweeted or breathed near.

Right....
I'm off for a quick leg shake on the Frankie thread, a shower and a night out at a Thai in Cheese-wick darlings

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Match Thread: Bolton on 17:10 - Feb 20 with 2442 viewsQPRDave

Match Thread: Bolton on 17:01 - Feb 20 by DeepcutHoop

Exactly, it's such simplistic short-term thinking it's ridiculous.

We aren't signing these players expecting them to be the finished article, we're looking for players that can improve with us.

As lots of our fans can't see beyond how we played in the last 45 minutes, going to be a lot of tantrums along the way.

From Dave especially......

And right on cue LFW's very own little "Kenwood Chef" turns up to do what he does best
Match Thread: Bolton on 17:15 - Feb 20 with 2378 viewsRangersw12

Match Thread: Bolton on 17:07 - Feb 20 by QPRDave

That's a good point W12 .

I spose i shoulda said put a lge 1 manager in charge.
btw i think that's Bolton relegated. relegated teams always look back on games or points lost from winning positions, so thats one place taken

I think you're right regarding Bolton and good riddence it's a boring away day anyway

As for managers look where Gerry Francis came from and look how he started out with us but after time he got it right

Not say JFH is the answer but unfair to judge him until he has a pre season and his own team just don't see the point in sacking 2 managers every season
[Post edited 20 Feb 2016 17:16]
Match Thread: Bolton on 17:15 - Feb 20 with 2373 viewsQPRDave

Match Thread: Bolton on 17:10 - Feb 20 by Lblock

I slink back in with my tail only slightly between my legs -- that was still a shocker and feedback from the ground is we managed to excel ourselves and be WORSE than against Foolham

A win at MK Dons should see us all but staying up --- that's how massive I think Matt Phillips late equaliser is!!!!
The club is stinking like a putrid fish carcass that has been washed ashore in a heatwave.

God knows what the answer is but it's not a) Karl Henry Ramsey, or b) Daniel Tozzer or anything that Tony Fernandez has ever touched, tweeted or breathed near.

Right....
I'm off for a quick leg shake on the Frankie thread, a shower and a night out at a Thai in Cheese-wick darlings

Or possibly JFH
Match Thread: Bolton on 17:24 - Feb 20 with 2284 viewsHollowayRanger

bbc report says all

Bolton moved off the bottom of the Championship despite Matt Phillips' last minute equaliser for Queens Park Rangers denying them all three points.

Trotters' forward Zach Clough had the best chance of a tame first-half as his ambitious overhead kick went just wide.

Wanderers started the second period brightly and were rewarded when Clough curled home an unstoppable strike.

However deep into injury time Phillips' low strike squeezed past home keeper Ben Amos to STEAL a point for QPR.

The result means Bolton move up to 23rd place as a result of Charlton's defeat at Fulham whilst QPR move up to 12th position.

It was an emotional afternoon at the Macron as Bolton, who were playing at home for the first time since the death of their chairman Phil Gartside, were visibly distraught with Phillips' last minute leveller.

The visitors' DREADFUL FORM under Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will be of REAL CONCERN for Rangers fans, having now WON JUST TWO of the Dutchman's 13 league games in charge.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2016 17:25]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Match Thread: Bolton on 17:33 - Feb 20 with 2188 viewsQPRDave

Match Thread: Bolton on 17:15 - Feb 20 by Rangersw12

I think you're right regarding Bolton and good riddence it's a boring away day anyway

As for managers look where Gerry Francis came from and look how he started out with us but after time he got it right

Not say JFH is the answer but unfair to judge him until he has a pre season and his own team just don't see the point in sacking 2 managers every season
[Post edited 20 Feb 2016 17:16]

Again very good points sir. I'll hush down
Match Thread: Bolton on 17:35 - Feb 20 with 2174 viewskropotkin41

Match Thread: Bolton on 17:24 - Feb 20 by HollowayRanger

bbc report says all

Bolton moved off the bottom of the Championship despite Matt Phillips' last minute equaliser for Queens Park Rangers denying them all three points.

Trotters' forward Zach Clough had the best chance of a tame first-half as his ambitious overhead kick went just wide.

Wanderers started the second period brightly and were rewarded when Clough curled home an unstoppable strike.

However deep into injury time Phillips' low strike squeezed past home keeper Ben Amos to STEAL a point for QPR.

The result means Bolton move up to 23rd place as a result of Charlton's defeat at Fulham whilst QPR move up to 12th position.

It was an emotional afternoon at the Macron as Bolton, who were playing at home for the first time since the death of their chairman Phil Gartside, were visibly distraught with Phillips' last minute leveller.

The visitors' DREADFUL FORM under Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will be of REAL CONCERN for Rangers fans, having now WON JUST TWO of the Dutchman's 13 league games in charge.

The fact that we are in 12th and are clearly not going to drop through the trapdoor this season is the main thing, Shirley.

We haven't won many games and we're mid-table and safe. What is of real concern to me is people behaving like we're in a crisis when actually we're coming out of several nightmare years.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Match Thread: Bolton on 17:36 - Feb 20 with 2157 viewsconnell10

bbc report says all

Why did ENLARGE certain WORDS whilst POSTING this? VERY STRANGE!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Bolton on 17:42 - Feb 20 with 2098 viewsDeepcutHoop

Match Thread: Bolton on 17:35 - Feb 20 by kropotkin41

The fact that we are in 12th and are clearly not going to drop through the trapdoor this season is the main thing, Shirley.

We haven't won many games and we're mid-table and safe. What is of real concern to me is people behaving like we're in a crisis when actually we're coming out of several nightmare years.

It all depends on what your expectations going into the season were.

Most were saying it was going to be tough, and we'd do well to maintain a mid-table finish, but I really don't think they understood that that meant it wasn't going to be a season where we won more often than we lost, or could go away from home and be gutted with a draw.

Attention spans are way too short for them to be satisfied with slow progress. We need to be improving, but apparently while we're doing that we need to be brilliant to watch, and winning more than we lose. Which is a nonsense clearly.

I'm not saying it's not horrible to watch, and no fun a lot of the time, but a little perspective is required to put that into the context or where we've been the last couple of years, where we want to be and what the reality of that means.
Match Thread: Bolton on 17:51 - Feb 20 with 2011 viewsSimonJames

We need to view this as an extended pre-season and hope that by the end of the next 14 games, JFH has got the players fit and figured out how to make it all work.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Match Thread: Bolton on 17:53 - Feb 20 with 1962 viewsTheBlob

Good god,was there a game on today?
Don't tell me........

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Match Thread: Bolton on 18:05 - Feb 20 with 1868 viewsisawqpratwcity

bbc report says all

That is a much more judgemental piece than the usual anodyne, we-try-to-offend-nobody BBC match report.

The adjective 'dreadful' is too strong to describe our form; 'poor' would be a better choice. Even that description would be harsh considering that we are at about the same level as we were before we changed managers and sold our top scorer.

I am not feeling this "real concern", does that mean I'm not a Rangers fan? I want the club to have time to undertake very necessary rebuilding under Les, Lee and Jimmy, and as long as we are not in serious danger of being relegated, then I think we are not under any pressure at all. This period is an exploratory learning process, with little risk for our club.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Match Thread: Bolton on 18:27 - Feb 20 with 1782 viewsBlackCrowe

Match Thread: Bolton on 18:05 - Feb 20 by isawqpratwcity

That is a much more judgemental piece than the usual anodyne, we-try-to-offend-nobody BBC match report.

The adjective 'dreadful' is too strong to describe our form; 'poor' would be a better choice. Even that description would be harsh considering that we are at about the same level as we were before we changed managers and sold our top scorer.

I am not feeling this "real concern", does that mean I'm not a Rangers fan? I want the club to have time to undertake very necessary rebuilding under Les, Lee and Jimmy, and as long as we are not in serious danger of being relegated, then I think we are not under any pressure at all. This period is an exploratory learning process, with little risk for our club.

Or lost two out of the last 9 games. In the context, you could view it as a steadying ship.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Match Thread: Bolton on 18:29 - Feb 20 with 1761 viewsisawqpratwcity

Match Thread: Bolton on 18:27 - Feb 20 by BlackCrowe

Or lost two out of the last 9 games. In the context, you could view it as a steadying ship.

True.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Match Thread: Bolton on 18:49 - Feb 20 with 1695 viewsToast_R

Thanks for your well wishes for the Mrs today. She is fine after the accident, they managed to dress the cut without using old school stitches so hopefully minimal scaring. I've tried not taking the piss too much like saying she got A&E by post etc..
Match Thread: Bolton on 19:56 - Feb 20 with 1571 viewsDannyPaddox

Match Thread: Bolton on 18:27 - Feb 20 by BlackCrowe

Match Thread: Bolton on 19:59 - Feb 20 with 1553 viewsHitch

A point away, ill take that. Mid table finish is about where our team deserve. Rome my friends took a fcken long time.
Match Thread: Bolton on 20:30 - Feb 20 with 1482 viewsShotKneesHoop

So why are people complaining about what they get for coughing up £25 (away) or (£50 home)

I'll tell you why.

I am truly dreading going to the Brentford game on 12th March.

It's not the fact that I have to walk through poncified Shepherd's Bush, now known as Westfield Shopping Centre, to get into the White Horse to buy a pint in a plastic mug, where the bogs still overflow, or that Ocean Billy's has done a runner and there's no other chippie within 3 miles of the ground, just kebab bollox, or that when I get in the ground, I get a seat in the Paddock that shreds my knee caps when I sit down, or I get soaked when it rains at kick off time.

No, it's why do QPR have to be so bloody awful to watch when they don't give a toss about how they perform. In a local derby as well. Guaranteed to cock that game up too.

I've changed my signature below to reflect how grim things are.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2016 20:31]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Match Thread: Bolton on 21:20 - Feb 20 with 1405 viewsactonman

Well I will make no apology for being un impressed with jfh ! I will not fking bore off because I dislike the way my team , that i have supported for over 30 years is being run with players / managers / owners who either don't give a sh!t or are just don't have a clue what they are doing !

I knew Ramsey was not the he answer but supported him throughout the relegation season, result was relegation without a fking whimper !
Then not happy that he gets the job off the back of that , people moan that he needs time ffs!

Jfh has not had a bad word against him and has the full support of all the fans even though the football is pretty much just as poor and results not much different but I am quite happy to get this season out of the way and see what he can do although I am a bit concerned that things don't seem to be looking much different !

Ffs indeed !
Match Thread: Bolton on 08:31 - Feb 21 with 1228 viewsloftinoz

Match Thread: Bolton on 16:37 - Feb 20 by Lblock

Still know better than we were under the Director of Football then and the current Technical Director now.

See what I did there?

Yes, you wrote 'know' instead of 'no'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024