Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 18:18 - Feb 20 with 7537 viewsTaxidermist

Thank goodness I didn't make the trip from afar. That was a disgraceful performance. The team lacked desire and ability, constantly going backwards, not looking, not pressurising. They were quite simply clueless and inept. Feel sorry for the fans who made the journey only to sit in ice cold rain and nothing from the pitch to keep them warm. Football should be entertaining and about scoring goals and not just trying to avoid defeat. Where is the Dutch flair and passion we were hoping for?
I cannot remember a worse game.
Just Back on 18:33 - Feb 20 with 6116 viewsbosh67

Fair play for going. Our midfield without Faurlin refuses to pressurise players in front of the defence, which simply isn't good enough. They stand off and mark space, rather than getting into the man each time. It does feel like we are set up to see the season out but you would hope at 40 points that the instruction would be to get into teams and start playing more on the front foot. I really feel JFH has to play Washington and Polter up front every week to give them a chance to gel. We need to be more attacking and pressurise more. We did that when JFH arrived but it has really slacked off over the last 4-5 games.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just Back on 18:56 - Feb 20 with 5944 viewspaesanu

For me, it was the duo of Perch and Konchesky. They destroy the rest of the team. They are the two weakest links, I don't know why but I get the impression that if these two were replaced, all the others (good and bad) can concentrate on their own game and the team's gameplan.

People always talk about the spine of a team. These two for me are the broken limbs. They are on another level from everyone else. Sadly, I think Ned is becoming a close second.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Just Back on 19:54 - Feb 20 with 5671 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Just Back on 18:56 - Feb 20 by paesanu

For me, it was the duo of Perch and Konchesky. They destroy the rest of the team. They are the two weakest links, I don't know why but I get the impression that if these two were replaced, all the others (good and bad) can concentrate on their own game and the team's gameplan.

People always talk about the spine of a team. These two for me are the broken limbs. They are on another level from everyone else. Sadly, I think Ned is becoming a close second.

I completely agree with this. Modern football demands versatile full backs who defend and offer something, anything going forward. I think their lack of attacking intent is holding us back. Also a midfield duo of Henry And Toscer offers very little drive or incision meaning again we are lacking pace, drive and skill down the middle.
Just Back on 20:22 - Feb 20 with 5496 viewselnombre

Just Back on 18:33 - Feb 20 by bosh67

Fair play for going. Our midfield without Faurlin refuses to pressurise players in front of the defence, which simply isn't good enough. They stand off and mark space, rather than getting into the man each time. It does feel like we are set up to see the season out but you would hope at 40 points that the instruction would be to get into teams and start playing more on the front foot. I really feel JFH has to play Washington and Polter up front every week to give them a chance to gel. We need to be more attacking and pressurise more. We did that when JFH arrived but it has really slacked off over the last 4-5 games.

Spot on today - Feeney is a fairly ordinary journeyman, but he had so much time and space this afternoon, he looked like Lionel Messi.

How did we go from racking and stacking midfielders to this sudden penury?
Just Back on 20:35 - Feb 20 with 5421 viewsShotKneesHoop

So why are people complaining about what they get for coughing up £25 (away) or (£50 home)

I'll tell you why.

I am truly dreading going to the Brentford game on 12th March.

It's not the fact that I have to walk through poncified Shepherd's Bush, now known as Westfield Shopping Centre, to get into the White Horse to buy a pint in a plastic mug, where the bogs still overflow, or that Ocean Billy's has done a runner and there's no other chippie within 3 miles of the ground, just kebab bollox, or that when I get in the ground, I get a seat in the Paddock that shreds my knee caps when I sit down, or I get soaked when it rains at kick off time.

No, it's why do QPR have to be so bloody awful to watch when they don't give a toss about how they perform. In a local derby as well. Guaranteed to cock that game up too.

I've changed my signature below to reflect how grim things are.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Just Back on 22:14 - Feb 20 with 5033 viewsRangersDave

Well to be honest,
JFH cost us 3 points but also won us a point.

Let me explain... First half, Mackie was conspicuous by his complete absence from contributing on the pitch. Indeed, having turned up slightly late I didn't know he was on the pitch.
All in all though the first half was bland with neither teams looking to really do the business.

Leaving BFG out until 10 from the end was a farce, and as soon as he came on he scared the crap out of Bolton who seemed to worry more about him than everyone else, giving us more space and eventually letting Philips have enough of a run at them to score the equalizer.

Konch, looked as immobile as his shell name, and was and has been a liability all season.

Good lord, do we really have no one better on the bench, in the team etc?

So....we escaped this one, no doubt it killed Bolton at the death as there was no where to go that late in the day.

So the initial team on the pitch were ok, except Mackie should never be allowed back in the team as he's past it, passion or not, he can't cut it I'm afraid, as his performances have shown in the pitifully few games he's appeared in.
And the lack of a fit Polter.

Yes JFH is still learning, but ffs please don't let us down during the pre season or the knives, including mine, will be sharpened as you'll have had your chance.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Just Back on 23:06 - Feb 20 with 4888 viewsyankeephil

Just Back on 19:54 - Feb 20 by oldmeadoniansR

I completely agree with this. Modern football demands versatile full backs who defend and offer something, anything going forward. I think their lack of attacking intent is holding us back. Also a midfield duo of Henry And Toscer offers very little drive or incision meaning again we are lacking pace, drive and skill down the middle.

Remember when everyone wanted Joey Barton gone. Unfortunately wages too high, but do you think he would help this team?
Just Back on 23:18 - Feb 20 with 4838 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 23:06 - Feb 20 by yankeephil

Remember when everyone wanted Joey Barton gone. Unfortunately wages too high, but do you think he would help this team?

No.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 23:44 - Feb 20 with 4732 viewsQPR1882

YES

30,000 Burnley fans cant all be wrong
[Post edited 20 Feb 2016 23:46]
Just Back on 23:46 - Feb 20 with 4725 viewsdavman

Just Back on 23:18 - Feb 20 by Northernr

No.

Agree that Barton is, and never has been the answer, but for me it's midfield where we suffer. Not enough quality, not enough commitment. Off the pace far too often and no-one showing for the ball.
A couple of times today, Perch got the ball at right back and moved ahead 10-20 yards when he was closed down by three Bolton players, but no QPR player appeared ahead of him in the attacking right side of the pitch; it looked to me that no-one wanted it.

Mackie offered as much defensively today as Phillips has all season and yet again, not one Rangers player appeared capable of holding possession. No desire to get to the second ball, a bit shocking really.

What we have to do to give anyone of our other left backs a game I do not know and with service like that, I just don't know what Washington thinks he's he has got himself into.

Yet another poor game and poor performance to add to this season's long list.

Whether it's from within or not, that team needs two full backs and two central midfielders as a minimum to move forward and probably at least one striker and one winger.

Still not looking too good I'm afraid...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just Back on 23:49 - Feb 20 with 4714 viewsNorthernr

Just Back on 23:46 - Feb 20 by davman

Agree that Barton is, and never has been the answer, but for me it's midfield where we suffer. Not enough quality, not enough commitment. Off the pace far too often and no-one showing for the ball.
A couple of times today, Perch got the ball at right back and moved ahead 10-20 yards when he was closed down by three Bolton players, but no QPR player appeared ahead of him in the attacking right side of the pitch; it looked to me that no-one wanted it.

Mackie offered as much defensively today as Phillips has all season and yet again, not one Rangers player appeared capable of holding possession. No desire to get to the second ball, a bit shocking really.

What we have to do to give anyone of our other left backs a game I do not know and with service like that, I just don't know what Washington thinks he's he has got himself into.

Yet another poor game and poor performance to add to this season's long list.

Whether it's from within or not, that team needs two full backs and two central midfielders as a minimum to move forward and probably at least one striker and one winger.

Still not looking too good I'm afraid...

We've suffered there, and everywhere, for years, and Barton was here for a lot of it. Midfield is no better or worse this year than it was last year with him here performing at "sky high personal standards". Results were no different.
Just Back on 23:59 - Feb 20 with 4680 viewsQPR1882

Just Back on 23:49 - Feb 20 by Northernr

We've suffered there, and everywhere, for years, and Barton was here for a lot of it. Midfield is no better or worse this year than it was last year with him here performing at "sky high personal standards". Results were no different.

Am i missing something here ?

Last year we were in the Premiership playing against Premier players, this year we are a Championship team playing against Championship players with more or less the same midfield less JB.

Surely our midfield should be a lot better then last year, shouldn't it ? IMO compared to the quality of the players we faced last year this year our midfield has been a lot worse
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 0:05]
Just Back on 00:06 - Feb 21 with 4654 viewsBluce_Ree

If Joey Barton is the answer, the question is 'who can f*ck off forever?'

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Just Back on 08:27 - Feb 21 with 4267 viewsJonDoeman

Fair enough letting him go, not replacing him with someone with an engine on them was the problem . In answer to your question, yes.

It Is What It Is !!

Just Back on 08:33 - Feb 21 with 4250 viewsjonno

Just Back on 18:56 - Feb 20 by paesanu

You could have the best fullbacks in the world in our team and they would still struggle. Because the players in front of them, Hoillett and Phillips, make no effort to provide them any protection. Opposing teams all know this, so they load up their attacks down the wings, constantly leaving our fullbacks exposed in two on one situations. Even the best fullback, and ours are certainly far from that, can't be in two places at one time.
Just Back on 08:45 - Feb 21 with 4179 viewsingeminate

Just Back on 08:33 - Feb 21 by jonno

You could have the best fullbacks in the world in our team and they would still struggle. Because the players in front of them, Hoillett and Phillips, make no effort to provide them any protection. Opposing teams all know this, so they load up their attacks down the wings, constantly leaving our fullbacks exposed in two on one situations. Even the best fullback, and ours are certainly far from that, can't be in two places at one time.

I'd agree with that, but having piss poor full backs isn't much good either.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Just Back on 09:11 - Feb 21 with 4082 viewsPunteR

Just Back on 23:49 - Feb 20 by Northernr

Barton would have done a better job than Tozser ,no question. You couldn't fault Barton for effort. He grafted in the games I saw and hated losing. His problem,it seemed was he wasn't as good as he thought he was, and had a violent streak that even after serving time in prison ,he still struggled to keep in check.
We need a battler in midfield. We need a bit of character, players who hate losing.
We're not nasty enough for this league. We need a Derry type player.
I didn't see the Bolton game but just going on the Fulham match which sounds like a carbon copy.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Just Back on 09:14 - Feb 21 with 4068 viewsRBlock

Just Back on 08:27 - Feb 21 by JonDoeman

Fair enough letting him go, not replacing him with someone with an engine on them was the problem . In answer to your question, yes.

We could do with someone with an engine, yes. Our own Kante. That being said, would Barton help our current situation? No, he'd probably be suspended for flicking someone in the bollocks, or nibbling on Scott Parkers ear or some other stupid childish action, while re-tweeting a bit of Confucius at the Everton game.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 9:15]
Just Back on 09:20 - Feb 21 with 4037 viewsLongsufferingR

Just Back on 09:11 - Feb 21 by PunteR

Barton would have done a better job than Tozser ,no question. You couldn't fault Barton for effort. He grafted in the games I saw and hated losing. His problem,it seemed was he wasn't as good as he thought he was, and had a violent streak that even after serving time in prison ,he still struggled to keep in check.
We need a battler in midfield. We need a bit of character, players who hate losing.
We're not nasty enough for this league. We need a Derry type player.
I didn't see the Bolton game but just going on the Fulham match which sounds like a carbon copy.

I wouldn't describe it as a carbon copy of the Fulham game. Fulham was a complete and utter shambles all over the pitch. Yesterday was uninspiring and lacking quality but there were at least a few bright sparks like Washington, Hall and Khayati. Even Henry was slightly improved although the early unwarranted yellow card didn't help.
Just Back on 09:25 - Feb 21 with 4019 viewstimcocking

Just Back on 00:06 - Feb 21 by Bluce_Ree

If Joey Barton is the answer, the question is 'who can f*ck off forever?'

lol
Just Back on 09:30 - Feb 21 with 3996 viewstimcocking

Just Back on 08:33 - Feb 21 by jonno

This is what I wonder about.

I'm not attending the matches, so I don't know who's at fault. I hear loads of people blaming our inept full backs, but they have such good records I'm surprised they're our weakest link. Full backs can't do much if they're exposed and I don't visualise Phillips or Hoilett being the world's most conscientious at tracking back. Maybe there's more to blame than simply Konchesky and Perch. You have to defend as a team after all.
Just Back on 10:03 - Feb 21 with 3865 viewspaesanu

Just Back on 09:30 - Feb 21 by timcocking

This is what I wonder about.

I'm not attending the matches, so I don't know who's at fault. I hear loads of people blaming our inept full backs, but they have such good records I'm surprised they're our weakest link. Full backs can't do much if they're exposed and I don't visualise Phillips or Hoilett being the world's most conscientious at tracking back. Maybe there's more to blame than simply Konchesky and Perch. You have to defend as a team after all.

I maintain it's the fullbacks. Setting aside Phillips and Hoilett's impact on the fullbacks, Konchesky and Perch are woeful when it comes to tackling or passing. That breaks the team.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Just Back on 10:23 - Feb 21 with 3805 viewsraskolnikov

We're still missing Adam Bolder
Just Back on 10:55 - Feb 21 with 3715 viewsdaveB

It was a dull game, didn't think it was a disgrace but wasn't a game I'll remember. We looked the better side for most of the game but I couldn't see where a goal was coming from. The wide players were really poor again but thought Henry had a decent game and did well not to react when Pratley spent 5 minutes desperately trying to get him sent off. I like the look of Washington but he needs more service and more bodies around him, was so isolated until Polter came on
Just Back on 11:39 - Feb 21 with 3610 viewsdavman

Just Back on 10:03 - Feb 21 by paesanu

I maintain it's the fullbacks. Setting aside Phillips and Hoilett's impact on the fullbacks, Konchesky and Perch are woeful when it comes to tackling or passing. That breaks the team.

Agree to a point, but as I posted on this thread yesterday, the was no-one showing for the ball in midfield yesterday in an advanced position. A couple of times Perch was given the ball and had no option other than to launch it long. We don't have suffient movement in front of the ball carrier and a midfield reluctant to get the ball.

There is still no urgency, desire or determination in that team, which is why we will continue to get ducked in local derbies or games that mean more to the opposition. Yes the two full backs, especially Konchesky are crap, but they're not the only ones!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024