Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off piste - Xbox hacked 08:28 - Feb 23 with 2852 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

My eldest has had his xbox hacked. Bad enough, lost his xbox points but worse his bank card he uses on xbox was also hacked, they got £1400 out of his bank account. Sod's law his Uni grant money had only just been paid in. Guess who's now got 3 months rent to pay

Twofold:-
- any xbox users out there (or parents). Really recommend you remove your card, and only add it every time you need to pay. Don't leave it on the xbox account
and
- any advise appreciated from anyone who has had same problem. How did you get your money back. How helpful (or not) where xbox?
Off piste - Xbox hacked on 08:50 - Feb 23 with 2813 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Blimey mate, sorry to hear that.
I would have thought XBox are responsible for that use of his bank card but I do not know of any precedent. Let us know what happens but I would be very surprised if there is no redress.
Off piste - Xbox hacked on 10:26 - Feb 23 with 2720 viewskingsburyR

I'd be going right after Xbox on that one.

It is their responsibility to keep their site secure!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Off piste - Xbox hacked on 10:26 - Feb 23 with 2720 viewsPunteR

Thanks for the heads up jalfrezi. Sorry someone stitched your lad up.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Off piste - Xbox hacked on 10:41 - Feb 23 with 2701 viewsJuzzie

Sorry to hear that. Can there be some sort of compensation like with credit card fraud?

I have a PS4 and never use my credit card, especially after Sony's PS3 (thankfully not mine) got hacked a couple of years ago.
I buy a voucher card from a supermarket and use it to add credit to my account. This pays for the (scandalous IMO) cost to play online. If it does get hacked, the worst that will happen is they take a few quid.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2016 23:36]
Off piste - Xbox hacked on 11:45 - Feb 23 with 2636 viewsBluce_Ree

Good luck getting anything out of Microsoft. Go via his bank and let their anti-fraud dept chase Microsoft for the cash.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Off piste - Xbox hacked (n/t) (n/t) on 14:26 - Feb 23 with 2528 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

[Post edited 23 Feb 2016 14:33]
Off piste - Xbox hacked on 14:32 - Feb 23 with 2516 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

Off piste - Xbox hacked on 10:41 - Feb 23 by Juzzie

Sorry to hear that. Can there be some sort of compensation like with credit card fraud?

I have a PS4 and never use my credit card, especially after Sony's PS3 (thankfully not mine) got hacked a couple of years ago.
I buy a voucher card from a supermarket and use it to add credit to my account. This pays for the (scandalous IMO) cost to play online. If it does get hacked, the worst that will happen is they take a few quid.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2016 23:36]

Great advice ta juzzie, re the voucher. Recommend any other xbox users seriously think about that

Xbox have confirmed his account has been accessed from China and USA in past 48hrs. They have to investigate further and will take 3 days to get back to him. Light at end of tunnel, but a real wake up call.
Off piste - Xbox hacked on 16:03 - Feb 23 with 2457 viewsFDC

What a nightmare, you must be well piste off!

Hopefully MS should accept liability though.
Login to get fewer ads

Off piste - Xbox hacked on 15:28 - Feb 25 with 2292 viewsBluce_Ree

Off piste - Xbox hacked on 14:32 - Feb 23 by Jalfrezi_Rs

Great advice ta juzzie, re the voucher. Recommend any other xbox users seriously think about that

Xbox have confirmed his account has been accessed from China and USA in past 48hrs. They have to investigate further and will take 3 days to get back to him. Light at end of tunnel, but a real wake up call.

A while back a bunch of people got hacked because of one of the FIFA games. There's money to be made from that rip off Ultimate Team mode. A friend of mine who never played FIFA in her life got her account hacked and they bought a load of FIFA players with it. She got it back but it ruined her super high achievements completion percentage.

Since then I've never stored bank or paypal details on a console. If you want points/subscriptions buy them from CDkeys.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024