Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Albums 10:07 - Feb 23 with 10203 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sidestepper - 'Supernatural Love' - South American/Carribean riot of a thing
Gogo Penguin - 'Man Made Object' - more jazz/beats from a great band

Any recommendations, people?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New Albums on 16:44 - Feb 26 with 2090 viewsichbinnaughty

New Albums on 01:26 - Feb 26 by KernowRanger

Been listening to the two Ultimate Painting lp's a lot recently.
Petal, Charlie Hilton, Sunflower Bean and Hinds have all released fantastic debut albums this year, while Wild Nothing and DIIV's new lp's are well worth a listen
Hooton Tennis Club, Twerps and Christopher Owens all released great really underrated albums last year

Not an album but this first single by Whitney is absolutely gorgeous:

I've been listening to their self-titled first album a lot actually (Ultimate Painting). Good for losing oneself to while walking.

Often return to My Morning Jacket's first album, "The Tennessee Fires", as well. A magnificent album. Not a weak track on it.
New Albums on 21:20 - Feb 29 with 2045 viewsMonahoop

If like me you like old school soul/r&b then check Hold On out the new helping by the James Hunter Six.. That guy is ace, but this is his best album to date and the bands first on the Dap Tone label. Tasty stuff.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

New Albums on 21:44 - Feb 29 with 2030 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New Albums on 21:20 - Feb 29 by Monahoop

If like me you like old school soul/r&b then check Hold On out the new helping by the James Hunter Six.. That guy is ace, but this is his best album to date and the bands first on the Dap Tone label. Tasty stuff.

Saw that recommended in Uncut. Will definitely give it a go now. Thanks, Mona.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New Albums on 22:23 - Mar 1 with 1978 viewsWilloW4

New Albums on 21:20 - Feb 29 by Monahoop

Good shout monahoop.. I saw James hunter supporting Imelda may a few years ago , he was great... The new album is excellent.. Soulful rockin Blues , and that'll do me. Love the promo pics on 'ammersmiff bridge'..as they say in my circles..'turn it up and let's dance'.
New Albums on 23:31 - Mar 1 with 1958 viewsWilloW4

New Albums on 22:23 - Mar 1 by WilloW4

Good shout monahoop.. I saw James hunter supporting Imelda may a few years ago , he was great... The new album is excellent.. Soulful rockin Blues , and that'll do me. Love the promo pics on 'ammersmiff bridge'..as they say in my circles..'turn it up and let's dance'.

FAO Monahoop: get yourself a copy of :"The frantic Rockers"..'savage beat'...it's wonderful, it's proper RnB, rock roll ...the louder the better.. Enjoy.!!
New Albums on 08:50 - Mar 2 with 1921 viewsMonahoop

New Albums on 23:31 - Mar 1 by WilloW4

FAO Monahoop: get yourself a copy of :"The frantic Rockers"..'savage beat'...it's wonderful, it's proper RnB, rock roll ...the louder the better.. Enjoy.!!

Cheers Willow. I'll seek that out. Imelda May and James Hunter must have been a good gig. Seen the former a couple of times. Didn't disappoint each time.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

New Albums on 10:45 - Mar 2 with 1910 viewsrobith

New Albums on 08:50 - Mar 2 by Monahoop

Cheers Willow. I'll seek that out. Imelda May and James Hunter must have been a good gig. Seen the former a couple of times. Didn't disappoint each time.

Some impending new albums with singles out

New M83

New Holy Ghost!

New Holy F**k

New Albums on 07:26 - May 24 with 1095 viewsToast_R

Just been on holiday to Isle of Wight and thought I'd buy a new CD for the car. After the hype I went for Ragn'Bone Man's "Human". Not a major fan of soul but my word this guy has a fantastic voice. It's a really great album too, one of the best I've bought in years.
Login to get fewer ads

New Albums on 12:18 - Jun 1 with 984 viewswestberksr

New Albums on 07:26 - May 24 by Toast_R

Just been on holiday to Isle of Wight and thought I'd buy a new CD for the car. After the hype I went for Ragn'Bone Man's "Human". Not a major fan of soul but my word this guy has a fantastic voice. It's a really great album too, one of the best I've bought in years.

he can sing a tune. on spotify they have a few earlier EPs, the best tunes made it on the album too.

his spotify playlist is nearly all classic soul & blues too; seen him live a couple of times and comes across really well.

I'm currently listening to a couple of Charles Bradley albums; he's been around for years but never quite made it, but what a voice. last album was 2016

heard him doing vocals on a track on Radio 1 the other night for one of the DJ producer typers, but can't remember his name!
New Albums on 12:35 - Jun 1 with 974 viewsdolcelatte

New Albums on 12:18 - Jun 1 by westberksr

he can sing a tune. on spotify they have a few earlier EPs, the best tunes made it on the album too.

his spotify playlist is nearly all classic soul & blues too; seen him live a couple of times and comes across really well.

I'm currently listening to a couple of Charles Bradley albums; he's been around for years but never quite made it, but what a voice. last album was 2016

heard him doing vocals on a track on Radio 1 the other night for one of the DJ producer typers, but can't remember his name!

If you like Charles Bradley then worth visiting the new Don Bryant album Don't Give Up On Love. His first for around 30 years. Proper soul..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

New Albums on 13:05 - Jun 1 with 959 viewswestberksr

New Albums on 12:35 - Jun 1 by dolcelatte

If you like Charles Bradley then worth visiting the new Don Bryant album Don't Give Up On Love. His first for around 30 years. Proper soul..

Will do, cheers for the heads up.
New Albums on 13:27 - Jun 1 with 949 viewsTheChef

Not a new album - taken me years but I've recently discovered Fugazi.

Their album The Argument is brilliant, currently stuck on rotation.

[Post edited 1 Jun 2017 13:30]

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024