Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service 12:56 - Mar 9 with 32229 viewsKonk

Does anyone else here watch Postman Pat (Special Delivery Service) in the mornings? I have to say that he is absolutely fu cking useless at his job. Every parcel he has to deliver, something goes wrong. His deliveries are always late, the cargo’s usually damaged and invariably he has to rope in at least one of his neighbours to dig him out of a hole (sometimes, literally). He’s a fu cking liability and getting up early every morning, only to then have to watch this clown fu cking up what should be a pretty straight forward task, is really beginning to get on my ti ts.

Greendale’s not a big place, he knows his way around it, and only about six people ever receive parcels; yet still this fu cking idiot can’t manage to deliver even a single package on time and without some melodrama along the way. I’ve only been watching this for the past few months, but can anyone confirm whether or not the service was as woeful pre-privatisation, because he is a seriously sh it postman and at 63p for a 1st Class stamp, he's winding me right up.

This is typical of the bloke's sheer idiocy: He's stuck in a tree. How the fu ck, do you get your head stuck in a tree whilst delivering a parcel from the sorting office to someone's house?

[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 13:07]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 09:58 - Mar 24 with 7734 viewsKonk

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 22:27 - Mar 21 by GRDHoops

Konk - Jess is definitely a male. Here is the proof ; go about 21 mins into it;

(Have sat through many an episode of Pat over the past 5 years or so, my daughter loves him!)

Also, forget T & T's mum - its all about Nina and her Neurons

Excellent work GRDHoops, although as has been pointed out, a pink collar, long eyelashes and a paw placed gently upon another paw could mean all manner of things in these modern times. Still, it’s the best we’ve got and will allow me to win this particular argument, so thanks for digging that out. You must have an encyclopaedic knowledge of PP (SDS). Impressive.

Nina and the Neurons — she’s lovely. Out of work, you’d hope she’d tone down the wacky clown/mime artist faces and do something with her barnet, but other than that, what’s not to like? Smart, fun, enthusiastic, lovely teeth, beautiful eyes and a great accent. Great shout.

Returning to Topsy and Tim, I can’t be the only Dad who raced home on Monday, put cbeebies on just as the opening credits were finishing and fell to the floor, Platoon style, with my son in my arms as the twins’ Dad said, “Your Mum’s away this week, Topsy and Tim, so I’ll be looking after you…”. And true to his word, the Mum’s been nowhere to be seen all fu cking week. My head says maybe she’s genuinely gone away to see her Mum, my heart says trial separation. By the way, the Dad is sh it and terrible at decorating. The Mum could do so much better - in life and with the wallpapering.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 10:23]

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 14:01 - Mar 24 with 7639 viewsMytch_QPR

I was thinking (deep philosophy) about this thread this morning (as you do) and remembered this gem from Spitting Image:

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 15:21 - Mar 24 with 7607 viewsloftboy

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 09:58 - Mar 24 by Konk

Excellent work GRDHoops, although as has been pointed out, a pink collar, long eyelashes and a paw placed gently upon another paw could mean all manner of things in these modern times. Still, it’s the best we’ve got and will allow me to win this particular argument, so thanks for digging that out. You must have an encyclopaedic knowledge of PP (SDS). Impressive.

Nina and the Neurons — she’s lovely. Out of work, you’d hope she’d tone down the wacky clown/mime artist faces and do something with her barnet, but other than that, what’s not to like? Smart, fun, enthusiastic, lovely teeth, beautiful eyes and a great accent. Great shout.

Returning to Topsy and Tim, I can’t be the only Dad who raced home on Monday, put cbeebies on just as the opening credits were finishing and fell to the floor, Platoon style, with my son in my arms as the twins’ Dad said, “Your Mum’s away this week, Topsy and Tim, so I’ll be looking after you…”. And true to his word, the Mum’s been nowhere to be seen all fu cking week. My head says maybe she’s genuinely gone away to see her Mum, my heart says trial separation. By the way, the Dad is sh it and terrible at decorating. The Mum could do so much better - in life and with the wallpapering.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 10:23]

I used to fancy the arse off Nina, something very sexy about her.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 10:08 - Mar 25 with 7434 viewsDevonWhite

Danny Dyer summed him up nicely.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 13:27 - May 5 with 7107 viewsLblock

Bumping to the top as it's out in front winner as thread of the year

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 14:25 - May 5 with 7081 viewsAntti_Heinola

i've heard of many of these shows, but these days only one plays in endless loops in our house: Andy's Prehistoric Adventures - a sort of One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing meets Back to the Future (with a clock, but no DeLorean, weirdly) meets Jurassic Park. Andy, a 9 foot tall human with Fellaini hair works at the National History Museum, although because of political correctness he can only refer to it as the National Museum. Every day - EVERY SINGLE EFFING DAY - something goes wrong with a new exhibit. Either Andy sneezes on it, or a clumsy cleaner with no name and no lines fks it up with a duster, or someone spills yoghurt on it or something. And it always happens just before 9am, when the Museum is about to open.

There's no time to fix things, thinks everyone, but Andy says no worries, and travels back in time to the dinosaur age. He does this every day, but for some reason cannot tell his co-workers about it. But is allowed to broadcast it on telly. Despite the fact he's constantly interacting with velociraptors, T Rex's, Postasuchuses and other very hungry enormous predators, he never even gets a scratch on him, let alone eaten. Then, when he comes back, he's always rushing through the Museum to replace the exhibit, just in time. And I always think one day Andy will realise he has a freaking time machine and he can return ANY TIME HE WANTS. Why not come back at 8.55am and stroll casually to the exhibit area to replace the lost salt/fossil/feather/sound of T Rex screaming?

And yet, none of it matters because for the latest series, his assistant is Jen. Who looks like this. Oh Jen. Jen, Jen, Jen. (she's the one on the right). And below. Oh Jen. Let me rescue you from that National Museum and the giant Fellaini man.

Bare bones.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 14:37 - May 5 with 7053 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, indeed. Jen looks as if she might need rescuing.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 16:53 - May 5 with 6977 viewsPBLOCK

As a father of a 2 year old some of these I have watched many times including the useless Postman!

One that hasn’t been mentioned so far that is big in our house is PAW Patrol. This is a Canadian show which tells the story of a boy called Ryder who leads a team of Dogs (The Paw Patrol) to help avert crisis in a small town called Adventure Bay. There is Rubble a bull dog who drives a digger /JCB type thing, Chase who is an Alsatian that doubles as a Policeman. Marshall is a Dalmatian who doubles as a Fireman, then there is Skye who is the token girl Dog, a b!tch if you like who flies a helicopter. The other two are less prominent in the saving of people there’s Zuma who has kinds of speed boat and speaks in some kind Brummie / Northern mixed accent and Rocky who is the Mr Fixit of the group with a host of tools. The programme is mental on many levels. A 10 year old boy is out at all hours riding a Quad Bike helping to save the day with a pack of talking dogs, when the adults in the programme have inevitably screwed something up. They also end up dancing in a lot of episodes to some video based sing star type game called ‘Pup Pup Boogie’ which grates massively. There is Captain Turbot who is a fisherman who makes Postman Pat look like the consummate professional who is always falling overboard locking himself out or generally just being a useless tw@t. The one person however who is the biggest pain is Mayor Goodway. She is the Mayor of Adventure Bay and is by far the biggest eejit ever. She has a eerie resemblance to Diane Abbott both in looks and general incompetence. The amount of times the PAW Patrol save this complete harridan is unreal to top it off she has a pet Chicken called Chickaletta who goes everywhere with her and she fawns over and shouts her name in a high pitch screech that makes me want to kick the telly in.

The only things in it’s favour are that it is about 15 minutes an episode so on Saturday morning I can bang a couple of them on and manage to make a cup of tea, do breakfast and get the little one changed
Login to get fewer ads

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 17:03 - May 5 with 6969 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 14:25 - May 5 by Antti_Heinola

i've heard of many of these shows, but these days only one plays in endless loops in our house: Andy's Prehistoric Adventures - a sort of One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing meets Back to the Future (with a clock, but no DeLorean, weirdly) meets Jurassic Park. Andy, a 9 foot tall human with Fellaini hair works at the National History Museum, although because of political correctness he can only refer to it as the National Museum. Every day - EVERY SINGLE EFFING DAY - something goes wrong with a new exhibit. Either Andy sneezes on it, or a clumsy cleaner with no name and no lines fks it up with a duster, or someone spills yoghurt on it or something. And it always happens just before 9am, when the Museum is about to open.

There's no time to fix things, thinks everyone, but Andy says no worries, and travels back in time to the dinosaur age. He does this every day, but for some reason cannot tell his co-workers about it. But is allowed to broadcast it on telly. Despite the fact he's constantly interacting with velociraptors, T Rex's, Postasuchuses and other very hungry enormous predators, he never even gets a scratch on him, let alone eaten. Then, when he comes back, he's always rushing through the Museum to replace the exhibit, just in time. And I always think one day Andy will realise he has a freaking time machine and he can return ANY TIME HE WANTS. Why not come back at 8.55am and stroll casually to the exhibit area to replace the lost salt/fossil/feather/sound of T Rex screaming?

And yet, none of it matters because for the latest series, his assistant is Jen. Who looks like this. Oh Jen. Jen, Jen, Jen. (she's the one on the right). And below. Oh Jen. Let me rescue you from that National Museum and the giant Fellaini man.

Fine research.

I like geeky looking girls that come good. I think it all started with Jane from neighbours.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 10:40 - Jul 1 with 6676 viewsKonk

Great to see the peerless and utterly brilliant, Hey Duggee, getting some plaudits in the national press.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jul/01/kids-tv-shows-hey-duggee-sa

“If, in December, you notice that the Guardian’s annual best TV list contains a weird little outlier about a giant scout leader dog, you’ll know to blame me. Hey Duggee is, simply put, terrific. It looks like nothing else on TV — all the characters are pared down and geometric, the locations are often just Kubrickesque blocks of colour, the music is old-timey gramophone fare culled from the BBC archive — and it seems as much made for parents as it is for kids. There are antelopes who whine about farmers’ markets, put-upon submarine-captain parents teetering on the brink of breakdowns and sporadic nods to Wes Anderson movies. To get started, try the episode entitled The Puppet Show Badge; I won’t spoil it for you, but the execution is dizzyingly brilliant.”

Best programme on the telly at the moment.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 12:04 - Jul 1 with 6631 viewsDorse

I have been forced to watch 'Dengineers' recently. Basically, the schtick is that some bespectacled, obese kid with an unhealthy obsession for Hornby trains and an X-Box tan needs a space to put his 400 metre train set that doesn't interfere with his parent(s) life. They call round the Dengineers to make this dream of an isolated masturbatorium come true and they create some crude hovel in the garden with a bunch of strangely un-Eastern-European builders. The kid then has the big reveal, does a Macauley Culkin double face slap, suddenly finds religion (judging by the number of 'Oh my God's to the minute) and is already getting out his hedge-found copy of Razzle / shot sock as the credits roll.

There is only one thing that makes it bearable

I know, I'm clutching at straws now the kids don't like Topsy and Tim but you have to work with what you've got.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024