Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service 12:56 - Mar 9 with 32231 viewsKonk

Does anyone else here watch Postman Pat (Special Delivery Service) in the mornings? I have to say that he is absolutely fu cking useless at his job. Every parcel he has to deliver, something goes wrong. His deliveries are always late, the cargo’s usually damaged and invariably he has to rope in at least one of his neighbours to dig him out of a hole (sometimes, literally). He’s a fu cking liability and getting up early every morning, only to then have to watch this clown fu cking up what should be a pretty straight forward task, is really beginning to get on my ti ts.

Greendale’s not a big place, he knows his way around it, and only about six people ever receive parcels; yet still this fu cking idiot can’t manage to deliver even a single package on time and without some melodrama along the way. I’ve only been watching this for the past few months, but can anyone confirm whether or not the service was as woeful pre-privatisation, because he is a seriously sh it postman and at 63p for a 1st Class stamp, he's winding me right up.

This is typical of the bloke's sheer idiocy: He's stuck in a tree. How the fu ck, do you get your head stuck in a tree whilst delivering a parcel from the sorting office to someone's house?

[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 13:07]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 17:02 - Mar 9 with 5563 viewsDorse

We'll all be gutted in 30 years time when Pat turns out to have been a nonce.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 18:00 - Mar 9 with 5528 viewsPunteR

Don't get me started on Bob the builder. Under cutting everyone's prices because he doesn't actually have a work force but uses demonic self operating plant hire.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 18:03 - Mar 9 with 5526 viewseastside_r

Early candidate for (Non-QPR) thread of the year.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 08:52 - Mar 10 with 5363 viewsKonk

Topsy & Tim’s Mum is lovely. Always got a smile and a kind word, and always finding fun things for the kids to do. She’s the dead spit of one of my wife’s old school friends too. My only concern would be that the house sometimes looks like a bomb’s hit it. As someone who grew up in a small house filled with furniture, tat and washing, I think we’d have to have a proper chat before I moved in (in the event of my current marriage running into trouble, which it hopefully won't, but probably not a bad idea to have a back-up plan).

Fair enough, she’s got two young kids, but that’s no excuse for letting standards slip. Not quite reached the standards of my childhood home, which was a cross between a charity shop, a junk shop and one of those appliance shops that has fridge-freezers, wardrobes and sofas stacked up on the pavement, but I recognise the warning signs. It starts with a pile of washing stacked-up on the sofa and ends with two deep fat fryers, a microwave, a blender, a toaster and a selection of outsized, largely empty jars on the 5' long kitchen worktop, which is caked in grease and crumbs)

My favourite bit of T&T is when they do the memory game bit (which I always cane) where Topsy looks right into the camera and says, “Are you good at remembering?” with a lovely little quizzical expression. Tim, I mainly like for his enthusiasm, reminds me of my mate’s kid who gets so excited about everything that he bounces up and down on the spot, stuttering, before saying something like, “I had some toast for breakfast!!!”. I love a bit of enthusiasm. It's possibly my favourite quality in a person. Tim was a bit wooden in the early days, but he’s a smashing little actor now (unlike their Nan, who, I’m afraid to say, is utter dog sh it, although she does help out a lot when their Mum's gone jogging or something). It’s a great programme.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 09:09 - Mar 10 with 5337 viewsMytch_QPR

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 08:52 - Mar 10 by Konk

Topsy & Tim’s Mum is lovely. Always got a smile and a kind word, and always finding fun things for the kids to do. She’s the dead spit of one of my wife’s old school friends too. My only concern would be that the house sometimes looks like a bomb’s hit it. As someone who grew up in a small house filled with furniture, tat and washing, I think we’d have to have a proper chat before I moved in (in the event of my current marriage running into trouble, which it hopefully won't, but probably not a bad idea to have a back-up plan).

Fair enough, she’s got two young kids, but that’s no excuse for letting standards slip. Not quite reached the standards of my childhood home, which was a cross between a charity shop, a junk shop and one of those appliance shops that has fridge-freezers, wardrobes and sofas stacked up on the pavement, but I recognise the warning signs. It starts with a pile of washing stacked-up on the sofa and ends with two deep fat fryers, a microwave, a blender, a toaster and a selection of outsized, largely empty jars on the 5' long kitchen worktop, which is caked in grease and crumbs)

My favourite bit of T&T is when they do the memory game bit (which I always cane) where Topsy looks right into the camera and says, “Are you good at remembering?” with a lovely little quizzical expression. Tim, I mainly like for his enthusiasm, reminds me of my mate’s kid who gets so excited about everything that he bounces up and down on the spot, stuttering, before saying something like, “I had some toast for breakfast!!!”. I love a bit of enthusiasm. It's possibly my favourite quality in a person. Tim was a bit wooden in the early days, but he’s a smashing little actor now (unlike their Nan, who, I’m afraid to say, is utter dog sh it, although she does help out a lot when their Mum's gone jogging or something). It’s a great programme.

Say what you like about T&T's home but at least it's a family unit. I grew up wondering about the domestic arrangements of Rod, Jane and Freddy (a menage a trois if ever I saw one, in hindsight) and also pondered the strange (and largely unnoticed) naturist tendencies of Bungle. When filmed about to go to bed he always wore pyjamas, yet during the day...

Pipkins wasn't much better - a dysfunctional family there (although they were living in the centre of Birmingham in the 1970s).

[Post edited 10 Mar 2016 9:16]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 09:21 - Mar 10 with 5311 viewsKonk

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 09:09 - Mar 10 by Mytch_QPR

Say what you like about T&T's home but at least it's a family unit. I grew up wondering about the domestic arrangements of Rod, Jane and Freddy (a menage a trois if ever I saw one, in hindsight) and also pondered the strange (and largely unnoticed) naturist tendencies of Bungle. When filmed about to go to bed he always wore pyjamas, yet during the day...

Pipkins wasn't much better - a dysfunctional family there (although they were living in the centre of Birmingham in the 1970s).

[Post edited 10 Mar 2016 9:16]

It was the seventies, Mytch; people were free to live their lives how they wanted. They called them "The hippies". It was a beautiful time to be young. Except for the laws of the land, the rules of board games etc there really were no rules. Everything went (and often did). Or was that the sixties?

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 09:33 - Mar 10 with 5293 viewsMytch_QPR

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 09:21 - Mar 10 by Konk

It was the seventies, Mytch; people were free to live their lives how they wanted. They called them "The hippies". It was a beautiful time to be young. Except for the laws of the land, the rules of board games etc there really were no rules. Everything went (and often did). Or was that the sixties?

Still doesn't seem right to me - a pig and a hare living in a residential dwelling unit. I doubt they were homeowners, so you have to ask whether the landlord (or council) were aware of the set up.

That said, it was the 70s as you say, and they weren't hurting anyone. These were the days of strikes at British Leyland and regular power cuts, so I suppose people / animals did what they could for entertainment / warmth. Perhaps things were better then - you weren't likely to have a Royal Mail chopper piloted by a cat taking your roof off.

I'm still very annoyed about that helicopter - sorry to go on about it.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 09:50 - Mar 10 with 5252 viewsKonk

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 09:33 - Mar 10 by Mytch_QPR

Still doesn't seem right to me - a pig and a hare living in a residential dwelling unit. I doubt they were homeowners, so you have to ask whether the landlord (or council) were aware of the set up.

That said, it was the 70s as you say, and they weren't hurting anyone. These were the days of strikes at British Leyland and regular power cuts, so I suppose people / animals did what they could for entertainment / warmth. Perhaps things were better then - you weren't likely to have a Royal Mail chopper piloted by a cat taking your roof off.

I'm still very annoyed about that helicopter - sorry to go on about it.

Mytch, I think Jess is actually purely there in a passenger capacity rather than piloting the “chopper”. Is it even a helicopter? Is it a gyrocopter, perhaps?

Back to Rod, Jane and the others: it was the seventies, people like Rod had just come back from the war, there was rationing; some of their friends never came back. You had the foundation of the NHS, free-schooling, free-wheeling and free-loving. The influence of the church was on the wane, we were on the brink of a nuclear war, inflation was out of control; people took comfort where they could — and I’m sure as hell not going to judge them from the comfort of 2016.

Login to get fewer ads

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 09:51 - Mar 10 with 5244 viewsTheChef

Topsy & Tim’s Mum.

Oh God, yes.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 10:19 - Mar 10 with 5219 viewsA40Bosh

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 18:00 - Mar 9 by PunteR

Don't get me started on Bob the builder. Under cutting everyone's prices because he doesn't actually have a work force but uses demonic self operating plant hire.

When are they going to redub Bob The Builder and replace Neil Morriseys nasal brummie tones with a more Polish twang.

"Bobski the builder, can ve feex it?"

"Bobski the builder, YES, you bloody well will before you get another penny off of me. I think you will find that building regs are a lot tighter over here matey boyski. It you had not cut corners in the first place we wouldn't be here now, me bleating on about how this is wrong and that is not finished, and your ability to understand my English suddenly disappears unless I start mentioning pounds, shillings and pence!"

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 10:28 - Mar 10 with 5205 viewsbob566

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 10:19 - Mar 10 by A40Bosh

When are they going to redub Bob The Builder and replace Neil Morriseys nasal brummie tones with a more Polish twang.

"Bobski the builder, YES, you bloody well will before you get another penny off of me. I think you will find that building regs are a lot tighter over here matey boyski. It you had not cut corners in the first place we wouldn't be here now, me bleating on about how this is wrong and that is not finished, and your ability to understand my English suddenly disappears unless I start mentioning pounds, shillings and pence!"

already done but not polish. Sounds like they've gone American. Its dreadful.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 10:58 - Mar 10 with 5171 viewsjohncharles

Not your day Postman Pat" first you get your head stuck in a tree and Alf Thompson turns out to be batting for the other side.

Strong and stable my arse.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 11:23 - Mar 10 with 5148 viewsMytch_QPR

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 09:50 - Mar 10 by Konk

Mytch, I think Jess is actually purely there in a passenger capacity rather than piloting the “chopper”. Is it even a helicopter? Is it a gyrocopter, perhaps?

Back to Rod, Jane and the others: it was the seventies, people like Rod had just come back from the war, there was rationing; some of their friends never came back. You had the foundation of the NHS, free-schooling, free-wheeling and free-loving. The influence of the church was on the wane, we were on the brink of a nuclear war, inflation was out of control; people took comfort where they could — and I’m sure as hell not going to judge them from the comfort of 2016.

It's all very well talking about comfort, Konk. I'm sure that you, like Topsy & Tim and family, live in a respectable home in a good street. No doubt you have humous aplenty and the finest Chablis in your Smeg fridge - and a Victoria Hislop novel on your solid oak bedside table.

However, there are worrying signs that TV is subliminally preparing kids for a future of homelessness as rents rise and housing stocks dry up in the South East (don't forget I have first hand experience in this area). I'm talking about situations like the Teletubbies having to effectively carve out homes into the hillside (probably in contravention of local planning laws). Sure, it could be viewed as Eco housing, but I regard it in basic terms as a cave.

Then you've got these two, also excluded from private or council housing:

It strikes me that Bob The Builder is working purely on lucrative contracts like detached places in Virginia Water, when he and his gang should be building more affordable homes - and that (I'm sorry to bring this up again) is why a postman flying a helicopter / gyrocopter (or whatever the f*cking thing is) sends out a massively bad message to the future generation.

Once again, at the risk of repeating myself, the issue of whether the cat is in charge of the controls is academic - the very fact that it is up there (without a windshield, remember) is unnecessary and traumatic for the animal. The Royal Mail should hang their heads in shame.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 11:50 - Mar 10 with 5123 viewsKonk

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 11:23 - Mar 10 by Mytch_QPR

It's all very well talking about comfort, Konk. I'm sure that you, like Topsy & Tim and family, live in a respectable home in a good street. No doubt you have humous aplenty and the finest Chablis in your Smeg fridge - and a Victoria Hislop novel on your solid oak bedside table.

However, there are worrying signs that TV is subliminally preparing kids for a future of homelessness as rents rise and housing stocks dry up in the South East (don't forget I have first hand experience in this area). I'm talking about situations like the Teletubbies having to effectively carve out homes into the hillside (probably in contravention of local planning laws). Sure, it could be viewed as Eco housing, but I regard it in basic terms as a cave.

It strikes me that Bob The Builder is working purely on lucrative contracts like detached places in Virginia Water, when he and his gang should be building more affordable homes - and that (I'm sorry to bring this up again) is why a postman flying a helicopter / gyrocopter (or whatever the f*cking thing is) sends out a massively bad message to the future generation.

Once again, at the risk of repeating myself, the issue of whether the cat is in charge of the controls is academic - the very fact that it is up there (without a windshield, remember) is unnecessary and traumatic for the animal. The Royal Mail should hang their heads in shame.

I’ll have to be brief, Mytch, but the Telly Tubby dwellings are exactly the sort of thing that pop up on Charlie Luxton’s shows and are usually referred to as “Eco-pods”. You can probably get grants for them. They’re the future.

If you’re seriously concerned about Jess, then I’d suggest contacting the RSPCA with a general query about feline aviation legislation, before launching into some sort of intervention that could backfire.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 12:03 - Mar 10 with 5100 viewsA40Bosh

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 11:23 - Mar 10 by Mytch_QPR

I always found Rosie & Jim very unsettling. The live action dolls with dead eyes.
Very creepy.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 12:04 - Mar 10 with 4547 viewsMytch_QPR

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 11:50 - Mar 10 by Konk

I’ll have to be brief, Mytch, but the Telly Tubby dwellings are exactly the sort of thing that pop up on Charlie Luxton’s shows and are usually referred to as “Eco-pods”. You can probably get grants for them. They’re the future.

If you’re seriously concerned about Jess, then I’d suggest contacting the RSPCA with a general query about feline aviation legislation, before launching into some sort of intervention that could backfire.

I think I'll email the RSPCA, I can see Pat intercepting a letter or conveniently dropping it on his rounds.

Grants are one thing, but what if these 'pods' start appearing in our National parks?

I'm still very upset about the chopper - cost issues as well as potential forced and inhumane flying trips, but I'll let it rest.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 12:18 - Mar 10 with 4536 viewshopphoops

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 10:58 - Mar 10 by johncharles

Not your day Postman Pat" first you get your head stuck in a tree and Alf Thompson turns out to be batting for the other side.

He's not really stuck, and that hole didn't just turn up, he paid good money to have someone make that particular bit of fetish paraphernalia.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 13:10 - Mar 10 with 4502 viewsTheChef

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 11:50 - Mar 10 by Konk

Not to mention Abney and Teal, which is very much pushing the eco-urban outdoor living agenda.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 13:25 - Mar 10 with 4481 viewsPunteR

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 10:19 - Mar 10 by A40Bosh

The only similarities between Bob the builder and a polish builder is the only hand tools they seem to use is a monkey wrench and a hammer for absolutely every job.

A hammer is known in the trade as a polish screwdriver.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2016 13:42]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 13:33 - Mar 10 with 4469 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Should we feel unclean thinking that one of the best posters on here is a Fulham fan?
Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 13:40 - Mar 10 with 4465 viewsSuperhoop83

I still haven't had a satisfactory reply to my health and safety complaint to the BBC after they showed a woman in charge of a lorry in 1983. I don't necessarily blame the woman, but her employers should hang their heads in shame, especially with the area's unusually large pigeon population adding an extra hazard to normal road users.

Suffering since 1978.

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 16:56 - Mar 10 with 4403 viewsDorse

Sarah and Duck is outstanding. It's like someone's nervous breakdown set to gentle acoustic music. I am, however, concerned at the number of children with exotic pets etc that appear to live entirely without adult supervision other than occasionally running into an elderly woman that, behind the scarf, is clearly in the grip of advanced senile dementia.

I suffer from penile dementia when faced with T & T's mum, in that I forget I'm married. And that she is also in a committed relationship that she'd be unlikely to risk for the sake of a fling. There's too much at stake, Dorse, she'd say but we both know that she's only fooling herself.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 18:42 - Mar 10 with 4337 viewsKonk

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 16:56 - Mar 10 by Dorse

Sarah and Duck is outstanding. It's like someone's nervous breakdown set to gentle acoustic music. I am, however, concerned at the number of children with exotic pets etc that appear to live entirely without adult supervision other than occasionally running into an elderly woman that, behind the scarf, is clearly in the grip of advanced senile dementia.

I suffer from penile dementia when faced with T & T's mum, in that I forget I'm married. And that she is also in a committed relationship that she'd be unlikely to risk for the sake of a fling. There's too much at stake, Dorse, she'd say but we both know that she's only fooling herself.

Reading between the lines, I'm pretty certain the Mum is trapped in a loveless marriage and just waiting to meet the right bloke. I wouldn't normally encourage this sort of thing, but I've noticed that the dad is very rarely around between 17:35-45 on weekdays - that could be the time to make your move. Topsy and Tim would be great step kids. They probably hate their Dad too.

Do you ever change the words from "So let's all play together, be best friends forever" to "Let's make love together, me and Topsy's mother"? Or is that just me?

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 18:55 - Mar 10 with 4300 viewsterryb

Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 16:42 - Mar 9 by LongsufferingR

You had to bring the discussion all the way down to a football level didn't you! Bit too highbrow for you, this thread?

Well, I have to say thank you to all of you who have posted. I expect some universities to follow up with a research project.

I am confused though, that the treatment of Jess seems to be causing some concern. This is nothing compared to the suffering that those innocent dogs, Dougal & Spotty Dog, had to endure! Poor old Spotty could only stand on his four feet as he was supported by string , and Dougal was punished by being sent to bed all the time.

Disgraceful treatment!
[Post edited 10 Mar 2016 21:28]
Postman Pat - Special Delivery Service on 19:48 - Mar 10 with 4274 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Superb thread. Many posters in stellar form.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024