Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin 18:46 - Apr 8 with 7799 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Obviously a massive dose of hindsight, but £4m looking alright now isn't it?

Sure he'll resume normal service once he's fully fit though.
Charlie Austin on 18:53 - Apr 8 with 4425 viewsbosh67

He will and we will still be gutted.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie Austin on 19:18 - Apr 8 with 4336 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Way to early to be calling that.
I hope you are wrong as well. He was great for us and didn't slacken off like some of other stars.
Charlie Austin on 19:29 - Apr 8 with 4293 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie Austin on 19:18 - Apr 8 by CroydonCaptJack

Way to early to be calling that.
I hope you are wrong as well. He was great for us and didn't slacken off like some of other stars.

One goal in three months isn't great though is it?

Please don't mistake some casual chat for ungratefulness.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2016 19:32]
Charlie Austin on 19:37 - Apr 8 with 4273 viewsrsonist

Even if he'd stayed fit and scoring, £4m for a player soon out of contract was good business.
Charlie Austin on 20:08 - Apr 8 with 4180 viewsQPRDave

Charlie Austin on 19:37 - Apr 8 by rsonist

Even if he'd stayed fit and scoring, £4m for a player soon out of contract was good business.

It was the only business we could do, it was that or zilch
Charlie Austin on 22:22 - Apr 8 with 3947 viewsLowerloftLad

1 goal in 3 months for QPR wouldn't have improved QPR position of 11th

So yes we could have still had Charlie sitting around on 60k a week with the club worrying about his replacement in the summer with sky sports news laughing at us for giving him away for nout

But instead we got 4mill in and 60k a week of the wage bill makes the deal look quite sensible now
And has given a certain German a big chance to shine in recent months
[Post edited 8 Apr 2016 22:24]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Charlie Austin on 22:41 - Apr 8 with 3906 viewsessextaxiboy

I think we got it spot on .Kept him for a go at promotion , when that faltered cash out before he was a free agent . He wasnt fit when we sold him and hasnt stayed fit since . Shame as I would have liked to see him at the Euros .
Charlie Austin on 22:56 - Apr 8 with 3866 viewsjohncharles

Charlie Austin on 22:41 - Apr 8 by essextaxiboy

I think we got it spot on .Kept him for a go at promotion , when that faltered cash out before he was a free agent . He wasnt fit when we sold him and hasnt stayed fit since . Shame as I would have liked to see him at the Euros .

Can't argue with that Essex.
All the best for the future Charlie.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin on 22:56 - Apr 8 with 3861 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but given what we now know I would have sold Charlie Austin in the summer.
We have been more of a team without having to rely on him.
Much happier with the second half of the season.
Charlie Austin on 23:12 - Apr 8 with 3828 viewsLblock

Attention sought and received

£10million player without doubt

If we'd stayed up and added similar CHARECTERS like the the Foxes then his worth may have doubled or tripled

Look, for me he's priceless, he enabled the best moment as a QPR fan ever and he deserves whatever he can get from the game for that.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Charlie Austin on 23:28 - Apr 8 with 3787 viewsBrightonhoop

Charlie Austin on 22:41 - Apr 8 by essextaxiboy

He was never going to the Euros though. He would never get in the squad that beat the Germans two weeks back. Good luck to him but we got the best out of him and the got £4 Mil for a player that would have gone on a free so was very good business for us. As it is, with hindsight, he wouldn't much have improved on our position of 11th.
I genuinely believe we got the very best of business and football out of him.
Charlie Austin on 00:28 - Apr 9 with 3712 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie Austin on 23:12 - Apr 8 by Lblock

If we'd stayed up and added similar CHARECTERS like the the Foxes then his worth may have doubled or tripled

Look, for me he's priceless, he enabled the best moment as a QPR fan ever and he deserves whatever he can get from the game for that.

If we paid £4m for a striker and got 1 goal out of him between January and April you would be whinging and bitching as usual.
Charlie Austin on 01:23 - Apr 9 with 3669 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Charlie Austin on 19:29 - Apr 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

One goal in three months isn't great though is it?

Please don't mistake some casual chat for ungratefulness.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2016 19:32]

Fair enough. Given his injury £4m was good business yes.
Charlie Austin on 01:43 - Apr 9 with 3662 viewsWindsorHoopMan

He's crock and will never score 10 plus a season ever again
Charlie Austin on 03:51 - Apr 9 with 3631 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Personally believe that we have actually improved without him. Love the guy, was a great player for us, but I actually believe that with him in the team the fans turned on every other player. Always believed it was a one man team, and Austin was our only saviour. Also think that affected the players, who felt like Austin was the only QPR player liked. Without him I think we have become more of a team, and gained a better atmosphere between the fans and players

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Charlie Austin on 06:45 - Apr 9 with 3571 viewsDaBurgh

Charlie Austin on 03:51 - Apr 9 by RANGERS4EVER

Personally believe that we have actually improved without him. Love the guy, was a great player for us, but I actually believe that with him in the team the fans turned on every other player. Always believed it was a one man team, and Austin was our only saviour. Also think that affected the players, who felt like Austin was the only QPR player liked. Without him I think we have become more of a team, and gained a better atmosphere between the fans and players

This Absolutely correct, IMHO...
Charlie Austin on 07:26 - Apr 9 with 3532 viewsLblock

Charlie Austin on 00:28 - Apr 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

If we paid £4m for a striker and got 1 goal out of him between January and April you would be whinging and bitching as usual.

We've paid anything rumoured between £2.5M to £3.5M for his replacement and he's hardly had a shot on target in the few fleeting appearances he's made.

Just an observation

Not a whinge
Not a bitch

Enjoy your day Bazza me old cocker

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Charlie Austin on 07:39 - Apr 9 with 3512 viewsjohncharles

Charlie Austin on 07:26 - Apr 9 by Lblock

We've paid anything rumoured between £2.5M to £3.5M for his replacement and he's hardly had a shot on target in the few fleeting appearances he's made.

Just an observation

Not a whinge
Not a bitch

Enjoy your day Bazza me old cocker

Ooooops, just down arrowed you by mistake. What am doing out of bed at 7.30 on a Saturday morning ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Charlie Austin on 08:27 - Apr 9 with 3433 viewsDorse

Charlie Austin on 20:08 - Apr 8 by QPRDave

It was the only business we could do, it was that or zilch

Not Heinrich Zilch? He's terrible.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Charlie Austin on 09:10 - Apr 9 with 3357 viewspaulparker

Charlie Austin on 23:12 - Apr 8 by Lblock

Spot on my friend
Another wind up post from Bazza
Yeah 4 million was superb business in this day and age of football , well done to TF and everyone involved
Nearly 5 years in and we still haven't sold a player for any profit

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Charlie Austin on 09:15 - Apr 9 with 3348 views1MoreBrightonR

Best friend is a Saints fan and still thinks its a bargain....as he says, £4 million is peanuts to them and he's happy to wait for him to get fit.
Charlie Austin on 09:22 - Apr 9 with 3329 viewsQPR_Jim

Charlie Austin on 09:10 - Apr 9 by paulparker

Spot on my friend
Another wind up post from Bazza
Yeah 4 million was superb business in this day and age of football , well done to TF and everyone involved
Nearly 5 years in and we still haven't sold a player for any profit

4m for a player who's out of contract in six months and who probably wouldn't have played for us in that period due to injury. So that's 4m + circa 1m in wages saved.

Washington is probably on less than half Austin's wages and also probably cost 2.5m with add ons which he won't have triggered yet. So still around 2m better off with a fit player rather than an injured.
Charlie Austin on 10:04 - Apr 9 with 3265 viewsLowerloftLad

If he did get the 100k a week deal that was rumoured then at this moment in time Charlie is starting to owe people at the football club

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Charlie Austin on 10:06 - Apr 9 with 3257 viewsPunteR

If its about money than in hindsight we should have sold him in the summer as soon as we knew he wouldn't sign a contract extension.
Gutted we only got £4mill for one of the best strikers in the country. We've gone wrong somewhere. Getting relegated didn't help.
£4 mill is better than nothing I suppose.
We do look more coherent as a team these days, not sure if that's because Austin has gone or not or its the JFH factor? We are scoring goals without him.
Washington needs to start scoring goals if his cheaper wages are actually worth anything. Not having a dig at the lad as he's hopefully a good signing for us in the long run.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Charlie Austin on 10:44 - Apr 9 with 3194 viewsHollowayRanger

Charlie Austin on 09:22 - Apr 9 by QPR_Jim

4m for a player who's out of contract in six months and who probably wouldn't have played for us in that period due to injury. So that's 4m + circa 1m in wages saved.

Washington is probably on less than half Austin's wages and also probably cost 2.5m with add ons which he won't have triggered yet. So still around 2m better off with a fit player rather than an injured.

hope he gets a QPR goal before the season ends

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024