Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin 18:46 - Apr 8 with 7798 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Obviously a massive dose of hindsight, but £4m looking alright now isn't it?

Sure he'll resume normal service once he's fully fit though.
Charlie Austin on 11:22 - May 4 with 1205 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie Austin on 11:10 - May 4 by Discodroids

Oh well Juzzie, i went through all this on here at the time of charlies sale . it only gets me all hot under the collar like a backbench tory with his mickey out at the bottom of a mcdonalds muti coloured ball pen. its done. its over. I Wish nothing but the best for Charlie.

I still think it was a weasel deal by a very very weak and easily manipulated Chairman, but like tears in the rain ..its over. We'rve got a pony tailed mervyn day playing up front now, so i cant complain to much.
[Post edited 4 May 2016 11:12]

'it only gets me all hot under the collar like a backbench tory with his mickey out at the bottom of a mcdonalds muti coloured ball pen'

One of your best.
Charlie Austin on 11:27 - May 4 with 1184 viewsDannytheR

Charlie Austin on 10:55 - May 4 by Juzzie

Robbie Savage recently said that Le Tissier was the same, not the right 'attitude' because he was happy to stay at Southampton rather than push himself.
As far as I recall, although Spurs and Man Utd were 'interested', Chelsea were the only club to make an actual offer (around a £10m transfer fee I think) and he wasn't interested.

Well, I think that's entirely down to the player what they want to do with their career. I don't particularly want to be the MD of my company, does that mean I have a bad attitude?

Who can blame him from wanting to turn down Leicester? They survived and many clubs have gone on a good run at the end of the season to keep them up, doesn't always mean they'll be Champions next season. No one could have foreseen this.

Besides, it's clear he's on a stonking good wedge at Southampton, something like a £2m signing on fee and supposedly upwards of £60k a week on a 4 1/2 year contract. He'll amass something like £16m, that's on top of what he got from QPR.

He's made for life with a nice family etc. Maybe globe trotting and being the next Messi, Bale, Ronaldo etc with modelling, advertising, clothing/jewellery/eau de toilette contracts is just not for him.

[Post edited 4 May 2016 11:02]

It's difficult to read the minds of footballers. I know you could just as easily question the attitude of a player like Remy for going to a club where he must have known he would spend the next X years of his career sitting on the bench.

I just think it's strange to come through the divisions the hard way like Austin did, then have such an impressive first season in the Premiership, then break into the England squad a year ahead of Euro 2016... and THEN choose to stay with us in the Championship and see out his contract.
Charlie Austin on 11:28 - May 4 with 1175 viewsDiscodroids

Charlie Austin on 11:22 - May 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

'it only gets me all hot under the collar like a backbench tory with his mickey out at the bottom of a mcdonalds muti coloured ball pen'

One of your best.

Im getting along with too many people on LFW These days Mr Bazz.. im sure Mrs Disco is putting mdma variant in my tea or im just getting old.

I can see what JFH/Les/Hoos are trying to do with the club , and i can only applaud it. Good times ahead for us all i reckon if we can just show a bit of patience. Charlies gone and its just another page in our Diary. Im looking forward.
[Post edited 4 May 2016 11:30]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Charlie Austin on 11:43 - May 4 with 1137 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Charlie Austin on 11:28 - May 4 by Discodroids

Im getting along with too many people on LFW These days Mr Bazz.. im sure Mrs Disco is putting mdma variant in my tea or im just getting old.

I can see what JFH/Les/Hoos are trying to do with the club , and i can only applaud it. Good times ahead for us all i reckon if we can just show a bit of patience. Charlies gone and its just another page in our Diary. Im looking forward.

The Keystone Cops vibe around the club is definitely subsiding. MDMA is preferable to weed killer. My missus stores the stuff in unopened Guinness cans somehow.

The Charlie thing was dragged out for far too long. But i'm ashamed to say i'm enjoying him not scoring for Southampton.
[Post edited 4 May 2016 11:45]
Charlie Austin on 12:08 - May 4 with 1100 viewsdaveB

Charlie Austin on 10:12 - May 4 by paulparker

Yes he was Dave and TF and the board were clueless in not trying to sign him to a new deal after the play offs and then trying to flog him in the summer in a blind panic once they realised he was going to do the off ,
only TF and QPR could have a striker who scores 20 goals in a prem season and sell him for less than they paid , you would have thought we would have learned our lessons after we did the same thing with Remy
no matter how much people go on about good deals we sold two 20 goals a season strikers and didn't make a single penny profit on either of them

They tried to get him to sign a new deal but he turned them down, he wasn't daft he backed himself to have a good year in the prem and then get a move
Charlie Austin on 16:02 - May 4 with 891 viewsrobith

Charlie Austin on 03:51 - Apr 9 by RANGERS4EVER

Personally believe that we have actually improved without him. Love the guy, was a great player for us, but I actually believe that with him in the team the fans turned on every other player. Always believed it was a one man team, and Austin was our only saviour. Also think that affected the players, who felt like Austin was the only QPR player liked. Without him I think we have become more of a team, and gained a better atmosphere between the fans and players

Probably agree with this - the players we brought in and the style we've tried to play didn't suit him (because we presumed he was going), but he's such a threat what were we going to do, not play him?

Without him we could start to evolve our style
Charlie Austin on 16:10 - May 4 with 881 viewsdanehoop

Charlie Austin on 11:28 - May 4 by Discodroids

I am finding myself agreeing with you.
Now I am just plain scared that this is some sort of invasion of the body snatchers thing going on. Bring back the real Discodroid you imposter!

Never knowingly understood

Charlie Austin on 16:11 - May 4 with 879 viewsdanehoop

Charlie Austin on 12:08 - May 4 by daveB

They tried to get him to sign a new deal but he turned them down, he wasn't daft he backed himself to have a good year in the prem and then get a move

This.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin on 00:46 - May 5 with 765 viewsHitch

We will miss him forever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024