Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kpekawa 20:05 - Apr 9 with 6622 viewsbosh67

Not quite there yet but good experience for him today. At 6 foot 3 and 19 he needs to start getting to the ball in the air but considering he had to get through the length of time he did and considering it was Robinson's first game we did okay at the back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kpekawa on 20:10 - Apr 9 with 4607 views08olesen

I thought he really struggled when he came on and their front two had control in the second half. Good to see a young lad get a chance though.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Kpekawa on 20:14 - Apr 9 with 4584 viewssimmo

Tbf he won't have much tougher jobs to do against a 74ft Danish giant

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Kpekawa on 20:25 - Apr 9 with 4531 viewsDesertBoot

Not his fault, but I thought he had a nightmare today. Out and out left sided defender played not in the middle - he looked lost and Charlton had so many chances as a result to win the game after the inevitable equaliser.
For the future our left back slot is looking healthy.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Kpekawa on 20:54 - Apr 9 with 4419 viewsingeminate

Kpekawa on 20:25 - Apr 9 by DesertBoot

Not his fault, but I thought he had a nightmare today. Out and out left sided defender played not in the middle - he looked lost and Charlton had so many chances as a result to win the game after the inevitable equaliser.
For the future our left back slot is looking healthy.

I'm a bit confused about this chap, saw him pre-season and he looked the part, then he was called up to the England under something's and I thought awesome, left back for the future. Then I read a while back elsewhere he's more of a centre back and that is where he played today. Anyone clear up what his natural position is?

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Kpekawa on 21:35 - Apr 9 with 4254 viewsTacticalR

Kpekawa on 20:54 - Apr 9 by ingeminate

I'm a bit confused about this chap, saw him pre-season and he looked the part, then he was called up to the England under something's and I thought awesome, left back for the future. Then I read a while back elsewhere he's more of a centre back and that is where he played today. Anyone clear up what his natural position is?

I thought he was a left back because he replaced Yun away at Leicester at the end of last season.

The whole defence looked nervous and disorientated once he came on.

Air hostess clique

Kpekawa on 21:40 - Apr 9 with 4233 viewsjohncharles

Kpekawa on 21:35 - Apr 9 by TacticalR

I thought he was a left back because he replaced Yun away at Leicester at the end of last season.

The whole defence looked nervous and disorientated once he came on.

But it will only get less nervous and disoriented with game time.

Strong and stable my arse.

Kpekawa on 00:06 - Apr 10 with 4017 viewsbaz_qpr

Not sure what position he has played whilst on loan, but a championship centre back he is not. Felt for him, was expecting Robinson to have been eased in and Henry moved to right back and Kpekwa to left back. Rabbit in headlights, also was surprised at how Hall reacted to him. Barely said a word to him for the entire 30 mins they played together
Kpekawa on 00:15 - Apr 10 with 3987 viewsessextaxiboy

Kpekawa on 00:06 - Apr 10 by baz_qpr

Not sure what position he has played whilst on loan, but a championship centre back he is not. Felt for him, was expecting Robinson to have been eased in and Henry moved to right back and Kpekwa to left back. Rabbit in headlights, also was surprised at how Hall reacted to him. Barely said a word to him for the entire 30 mins they played together

How can you say he is not a Championship Centre back when he has only played around 30 min there ?
Login to get fewer ads

Kpekawa on 01:35 - Apr 10 with 3909 viewsTacticalR

I don't really want to pass final judgement on the guy. It just seemed like a nervous 30 minutes with Hall and Kpekawa going for the same balls.

Air hostess clique

Kpekawa on 02:17 - Apr 10 with 3881 viewsPunteR

Reading between the lines without having seen the game and literally going on this thread, seems to me like JFH is giving the youth a chance ,like a lot of fans (and TF) have been crying out for, and maybe highlighting to the fans (and TF) how far behind these players are. Maybe he needs to spend a bit in the summer?
I dunno, just speculation on my part.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Kpekawa on 07:37 - Apr 10 with 3745 viewsparker64

Only time I've seen him was away at Yeovil and think he played left back. I assumed he was there as cover for Robinson in case he didn't make it through the game. No Angella. Did look a bit nervous. After the goal Henry had a word with him but I think Hall and Onuoha have enough looking after their own game to give much guidance.
Kpekawa on 08:25 - Apr 10 with 3673 viewsAntti_Heinola

Kpekawa on 00:06 - Apr 10 by baz_qpr

Agree he looked out of his depth, and our defence was extremely porous after he came on, with all the experience on the right and all the inexperience on the left.
But I was really glad JFH put Cole on rather than drop Henry back. It was the brave thing to do and given our circumstances absolutely the right thing to do. We would have learned noting from Henry at RB and Ale back in CM. Instead, we saw a player struggle against two forwards desperately battling against relegation - but that experience will be invaluable for him. It is a shame he wasn't coming on to play alongside Clint though - Hall's not much of a talker.
Far too early to make any judgements.
Liked Robinson though - reminded me of Wild Thing a bit with some of his challenges.

Bare bones.

Kpekawa on 08:31 - Apr 10 with 3651 viewsDorse

Kpekawa on 08:25 - Apr 10 by Antti_Heinola

Agree he looked out of his depth, and our defence was extremely porous after he came on, with all the experience on the right and all the inexperience on the left.
But I was really glad JFH put Cole on rather than drop Henry back. It was the brave thing to do and given our circumstances absolutely the right thing to do. We would have learned noting from Henry at RB and Ale back in CM. Instead, we saw a player struggle against two forwards desperately battling against relegation - but that experience will be invaluable for him. It is a shame he wasn't coming on to play alongside Clint though - Hall's not much of a talker.
Far too early to make any judgements.
Liked Robinson though - reminded me of Wild Thing a bit with some of his challenges.

If CB is Kpekawa's more natural slot then he needs time to play there. Games like this are the best opportunity he will get. I'd always thought of him as a LB but if he's a left-sided centre-back that can only be a good thing. There aren't too many of them at the club once Clint hangs up his boots.

Brave decision by Jimmy at 1-1. He obviously trusts the lad.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Kpekawa on 09:38 - Apr 10 with 3528 viewsJamie

Was always under the impression that he was a LB that loan managers had decided should be a CB because he's tall.
Kpekawa on 10:49 - Apr 10 with 3429 viewsNeil_SI

I believe he can play both left or centre, though at professional level he's much more likely to start on the left to learn his trade. And then, as he gains experience, if he's a centre-back he'll then transition inwards.

It was certainly a good experience for him and plenty of the players on the pitch, as at some point towards the end it was a fairly inexperienced team on the field in terms of either age or experience of Championship football. They will have learned plenty.
Kpekawa on 11:32 - Apr 10 with 3371 viewsbaz_qpr

Kpekawa on 00:15 - Apr 10 by essextaxiboy

How can you say he is not a Championship Centre back when he has only played around 30 min there ?

The level to which he was out of his depth in those 30 was startling. I'm sure he is a fairly decent left back
Kpekawa on 12:17 - Apr 10 with 3306 viewsRs_Holy

Early days but he did seem very nervous yesterday and we looked weak at the back towards the end of the match...
The problem I have with our young players is the various youth teams don't appear to be very good. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen on the offish that one of the teams has been on the end of a tonking.
Until that part of the club improves I don't think we can expect any youth players to progress into the first team... I'd love to be proven wrong of course.
Kpekawa on 13:55 - Apr 10 with 3194 viewsessextaxiboy

Kpekawa on 11:32 - Apr 10 by baz_qpr

The level to which he was out of his depth in those 30 was startling. I'm sure he is a fairly decent left back

Plenty made their mind up about Smithies after a similar amount of time .

[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 13:56]
Kpekawa on 15:22 - Apr 10 with 3117 viewsderbyhoop

Youth team results are not that important. We need to develop 1 player per season who can graduate to the first team.

As for Kpekawa I believe he is more of a CB than a LB. He's 6'3", quick and can play. he needs to get experience of playing men's football and 30 minutes as a sub is a good way to start.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Kpekawa on 15:46 - Apr 10 with 3084 viewsdaveB

poor sod only played 30 minutes and been written off already.

I thought he did ok and wasn't helped by Hall's new ploy of letting the ball bounce rather than clear it which put the back four under unnecessary pressure.

I think he's more of a left back than a centre half but with Perch going off injured he came in and did ok
Kpekawa on 16:41 - Apr 10 with 3017 viewsvegasranger

I don't think anyone is writing him off !! From what I read he wasn't very good on loan. Our youth system has been poor for years but at least under Steve Gallen we beat the lower level teams on a regular basis.. Now I see out under 18's are by far the worst team in Division 2 of the development league south. Some real thrashings along the way with a goal difference of -28 in 16 games !! So it seems on the youth level it's going to be awhile before we have anything close to the standard required to compete at the championship level.
Kpekawa on 16:43 - Apr 10 with 3012 viewsDorse

I think we're all missing the point: 'Kpekawa' is a sod to rhyme so his song needs to have some long-term planning.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Kpekawa on 17:09 - Apr 10 with 2983 viewsNeil_SI

I think it's fine to show nerves and would have been a relatively normal and expected outcome. It's all about getting experience in the end, and what better way to survive a tricky thirty minutes or so when the other team are on top? You want the players to experience and deal with what it's like in the deep end, and he did well, considering he was thrown right in.

They probably wanted to use him as a replacement for Robinson, but the injury to Perch changed everything and it's hard enough changing experienced centre backs around during the middle of the game, let alone bring on a kid. So he can be pleased, the performance doesn't really matter a great deal at this point, it's just about getting the right type of experience and surviving it if you have to.

It could have turned out worse, but it didn't. It went for us and that gives those players a platform to build on. He'll have learned loads from that, as will some of the others.
Kpekawa on 17:21 - Apr 10 with 2966 viewsJeff

Kpekawa on 16:43 - Apr 10 by Dorse

I think we're all missing the point: 'Kpekawa' is a sod to rhyme so his song needs to have some long-term planning.

Kpekawa, Whoaaaaa.
Kpekawa, Whoaaaaa.
We can't pronounce his name,
So we'll call him Dave...

Can we not knock it?

Kpekawa on 18:33 - Apr 10 with 2909 viewspaulparker

Kpekawa on 15:46 - Apr 10 by daveB

poor sod only played 30 minutes and been written off already.

I thought he did ok and wasn't helped by Hall's new ploy of letting the ball bounce rather than clear it which put the back four under unnecessary pressure.

I think he's more of a left back than a centre half but with Perch going off injured he came in and did ok

This

Hall should have been helping the lad, a major point of playing at the back is communication
Hall is very quiet and he also ball watches no wonder it was panic stations the last 35 minutes

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024