Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kpekawa 20:05 - Apr 9 with 6613 viewsbosh67

Not quite there yet but good experience for him today. At 6 foot 3 and 19 he needs to start getting to the ball in the air but considering he had to get through the length of time he did and considering it was Robinson's first game we did okay at the back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kpekawa on 20:49 - Apr 10 with 2067 viewsessextaxiboy

Kpekawa on 16:41 - Apr 10 by vegasranger

I don't think anyone is writing him off !! From what I read he wasn't very good on loan. Our youth system has been poor for years but at least under Steve Gallen we beat the lower level teams on a regular basis.. Now I see out under 18's are by far the worst team in Division 2 of the development league south. Some real thrashings along the way with a goal difference of -28 in 16 games !! So it seems on the youth level it's going to be awhile before we have anything close to the standard required to compete at the championship level.

To quote the line verbatim " a Championship centre back he is not "
Kpekawa on 21:57 - Apr 10 with 2002 viewsNorthernr

He struggled. He looked very nervous, and Hall is having a few problems of his own at the moment so the partnership wasn't great. Plus, at the time Charlton were just cobbing everything at us trying to get a win so it was an unusual circumstance - he wouldn't normally face a team so attacking, with so many players flooding forwards.

But he'll be better for it. We may need to use him when it does actually matter one day, and he'll have this experience under his belt. Previously, in similar situations, we put Luke Young or Aaron fcking Hughes in there, for little benefit at the time, and zero benefit long term. When you have two senior centre backs injured as a Championship team, and a defender goes off during the game, then you should have to bring a youth player on for better or worst, and finally we do, and are. So I'm pleased.
Kpekawa on 22:03 - Apr 10 with 1996 viewsaston_hoop

We know that Grant Hall is good. We also know that his form has dropped. How about resting him for a little bit with a view to a nice new fresh Grant Hall starting next season and then giving Kpekawa some game time with Clint Hill? Nobody better to guide a youngster through a game than him. Unless of course they're both left sided CBs in which case, can we trust Onouha to do that as captain?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Kpekawa on 22:12 - Apr 10 with 1986 viewsNorthernr

Kpekawa on 22:03 - Apr 10 by aston_hoop

We know that Grant Hall is good. We also know that his form has dropped. How about resting him for a little bit with a view to a nice new fresh Grant Hall starting next season and then giving Kpekawa some game time with Clint Hill? Nobody better to guide a youngster through a game than him. Unless of course they're both left sided CBs in which case, can we trust Onouha to do that as captain?

Kpekawa more of a left back, which isn't going to help really, because we're surely now looking to get some minutes in Robinson's legs.
Kpekawa on 22:17 - Apr 10 with 1976 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kpekawa on 22:12 - Apr 10 by Northernr

Kpekawa more of a left back, which isn't going to help really, because we're surely now looking to get some minutes in Robinson's legs.

Do you think (a fit and available) Robinson and Kpekawa will be the lefts back we have next season? And are they good enough from the brief time we've seen them? I think its worth the risk. A bit of faith and some decent coaching and maybe a gag for the boo boys in the Paddocks and Ellerslie .
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 22:20]
Kpekawa on 23:04 - Apr 10 with 1936 viewsaston_hoop

Kpekawa on 22:12 - Apr 10 by Northernr

I was under the impression he fancied himself more as a CB? I could have dreamt that up of course! Not that it matters if he is better at left back!
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 23:05]

Kpekawa on 23:06 - Apr 10 with 1930 viewsNorthernr

Kpekawa on 22:17 - Apr 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Do you think (a fit and available) Robinson and Kpekawa will be the lefts back we have next season? And are they good enough from the brief time we've seen them? I think its worth the risk. A bit of faith and some decent coaching and maybe a gag for the boo boys in the Paddocks and Ellerslie .

Robinson is plenty good enough if he gets over that injury, and we shouldn't underestimate how serious is was. Excellent player at this level.
Kpekawa on 23:29 - Apr 10 with 1906 viewsPunteR

Kpekawa on 22:17 - Apr 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Perch?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Kpekawa on 10:11 - Apr 11 with 1839 viewssuperhoopdownunder

For the last 5 games of this season I would play the strongest team we have available for the 3 away games (all very tough fixtures) and experiment for the last 2 games at home against teams lower down the table
I would like us to remain hard to beat to the end of the season to continue to build momentum for next season
Kpekawa on 12:28 - Apr 11 with 1792 viewsWestbourneR

Jittery would be an understatement - but considering Hall is still young (or inexperienced) so it probably wasn't the ideal partnership for Kpekwa's League debut.

Been good if we could have shifted Ned over instead and put Cole in at full back but I am guessing neither Robinson or Kpekwa can play on the right.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Kpekawa on 01:10 - Sep 29 with 1493 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Remember this lad and the transfer involving QPR (managed by JFH) and Barnsley (assistant manager Tommy Wright).
Kpekawa on 01:15 - Sep 29 with 1484 viewsWilloW4

Kpekawa on 01:10 - Sep 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Remember this lad and the transfer involving QPR (managed by JFH) and Barnsley (assistant manager Tommy Wright).

Good call..picture the scene from the 'long good Friday'...." I can smell your greed, I can smell your ambition"..... "No guv, it's just greed , I just want more and more money".
Kpekawa on 09:23 - Sep 29 with 1276 viewsHunterhoop

Kpekawa on 01:10 - Sep 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Likely to be nothing in it...but that's the problem now. Who knows? All trust undermined. It'll haunt him everywhere he goes.

It undermines the trust fans or the players had in him. It undermines his decision making. It undermines the club.
Kpekawa on 09:25 - Sep 29 with 1264 viewsNorthernr

Kpekawa on 09:23 - Sep 29 by Hunterhoop

Likely to be nothing in it...but that's the problem now. Who knows? All trust undermined. It'll haunt him everywhere he goes.

It undermines the trust fans or the players had in him. It undermines his decision making. It undermines the club.

Exactly this, it's the definition of bringing the club into disrepute.
Kpekawa on 09:29 - Sep 29 with 1247 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kpekawa on 09:23 - Sep 29 by Hunterhoop

Exactly.

Of course I have no proof or anything that even resembles evidence, and this is basically just unhelpful and unbased speculation, but the notion struck me straight away when I saw JFH and Tommy Smith in the headline.
Kpekawa on 09:57 - Sep 29 with 1097 viewsdaveB

Kpekawa on 09:29 - Sep 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Exactly.

Of course I have no proof or anything that even resembles evidence, and this is basically just unhelpful and unbased speculation, but the notion struck me straight away when I saw JFH and Tommy Smith in the headline.

not wanting to defend JFH really but the allegations against him have nothing to do with any transfers
Kpekawa on 10:02 - Sep 29 with 1087 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kpekawa on 09:57 - Sep 29 by daveB

not wanting to defend JFH really but the allegations against him have nothing to do with any transfers

Not dismissing the notion of taking a player in exchange for a lucrative is enough for me. Plus the fact that he was target of a sting in the first place. Plus he looks incredibly greedy.

Not enough to sack him or say he did anything illegal I agree, but he's spoilt his copy book to my mind.

It's not compatible with QPR's new leaf that was turned over was it?
Kpekawa on 10:09 - Sep 29 with 1068 viewssmegma

Going back to Kpekawa, he spent most of last season playing at centre back for the reserves. Went on loan for a while and when he came back played left back as Wise and Haran were the regular centre back pairing. Used to take free kicks with a sweet left foot. He's now looking down the table at us. He's better than Bidwell and the captain.
Kpekawa on 10:13 - Sep 29 with 1052 viewsaston_hoop

Kpekawa on 10:09 - Sep 29 by smegma

Going back to Kpekawa, he spent most of last season playing at centre back for the reserves. Went on loan for a while and when he came back played left back as Wise and Haran were the regular centre back pairing. Used to take free kicks with a sweet left foot. He's now looking down the table at us. He's better than Bidwell and the captain.

wow, I liked Kpekawa and saw a bit of him and was disappointed that he left...but better than Bidwell? no. not even remotely close. Some Barnsley fans already calling him a weak link in their side.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 10:24]

Kpekawa on 13:06 - Sep 29 with 915 viewsLblock

Kpekawa on 10:13 - Sep 29 by aston_hoop

wow, I liked Kpekawa and saw a bit of him and was disappointed that he left...but better than Bidwell? no. not even remotely close. Some Barnsley fans already calling him a weak link in their side.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2016 10:24]

He's certainly better than Bidwell at the moment.....and could be better than him for the next four months

"How do you take your coffee Mr Hagglebank?"

"Weeesshhh the fifty five sweetnersssssshhhhh"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Kpekawa on 13:26 - Sep 29 with 861 viewsTGRRRSSS

This should be ok as the people involved in the sting were journos not agents.

But I get the point
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024