Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week 09:09 - Apr 21 with 32488 views1BobbyHazell

Well it looked like Obama flying all the way over to tell us to stay in (so his corporate chums can inflict TTIP on us ending our democracy) would be this week's winner. But Alistair Campbell's 'Putin and ISIS' (cracking combo) has smashed him out of the park. Putin and ISIS...brilliant.

Honourable mentions go to the 8 former US Treasury secretaries who wrote to The Times warning that Brexit was a threat to our 'special relationship'.

If they're at this level now they must have some serious sh1t planned for the next few weeks.

Stay calm and do some proper research about TTIP.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 07:23 - Apr 30 with 2288 viewsQPRDave

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 23:20 - Apr 29 by TheBlob

It's a bundle of sticks tied together to symbolise strength and unity as I recall.
Can also be used as trench filling to allow tanks to cross.
But then nomenclature seems to be more important than deeds now.

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 07:24 - Apr 30 with 2288 viewsdistortR

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 23:06 - Apr 28 by FDC

"if you can't make a point without saying the otherside is racist if they don't agree with makes you the Fascist"

Do you know what "fascist" means?

If you can't make a point without using a load of asterisks then that makes you a load of asterisks.

'kin Gauls coming over here, taking their potion and telling US what to do.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 08:52 - May 3 with 2172 views1BobbyHazell

Looks like we've got the early favourites for this week's award.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/blair-and-bill-clinton-join-forces-in-campaign
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 09:49 - May 3 with 2144 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 08:52 - May 3 by 1BobbyHazell

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/blair-and-bill-clinton-join-forces-in-campaign

Good lord they've both put on weight and you can almost see the puppet strings showing now.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 10:26 - May 3 with 2126 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 08:52 - May 3 by 1BobbyHazell

Ah yes Blair, the man who wanted us to join the EURO against the wishes of the majority and who wanted to be European president.

Shame it all went wrong eh?

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week (n/t) on 10:58 - May 3 with 2103 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 3 May 2016 10:59]
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 11:00 - May 3 with 2099 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Game changer?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/ttip-leaks-shocking-what-are-they-eu-us-deal
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 11:52 - May 3 with 2073 viewsDiscodroids

Can anyone think why Germany might want to keep secret its plans for an EU army until after June 23rd?

At least some papers are getting it out to the world at large now.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/666516/Anti-Brussels-fury-Germany-secretl

8 weeks to go and it really is starting to get on my choci chewns tattooed tits. I just want the referendum over ...From what i can gather no one i know is going to change their mind on how they are going to vote, even if they are suspended by their nipples a man called horse style.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 11:56]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:24 - May 3 with 2055 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 11:00 - May 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Game changer?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/ttip-leaks-shocking-what-are-they-eu-us-deal

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin bout.

Thanks for posting Bazza. This is why the likes of Obama and Clinton have so 'kindly' taken time out of their busy schedules to come over here and give us such altruistic advice on our vote.

A couple of choice quotes

"The documents show that US corporations will be granted unprecedented powers over any new public health or safety regulations to be introduced in future. If any European government does dare to bring in laws to raise social or environmental standards, TTIP will grant US investors the right to sue for loss of profits"

AND

"The leaked texts also reveal how the European Commission is preparing to open up the European economy to unfair competition from giant US corporations, despite acknowledging the disastrous consequences this will bring to European producers, who have to meet far higher standards than pertain in the USA.

According to official statistics, at least one million jobs will be lost as a direct result of TTIP — and twice that many if the full deal is allowed to go through. Yet we can now see that EU negotiators are preparing to trade away whole sectors of our economies in TTIP, with no care for the human consequences."

I'm very keen to hear the Inners responses to that article. For me I cannot even start to fathom how anyone would consider handing over our sovereignty to US corporations as a good idea. American companies' profits given priority over the well being and choices of our own community. What kind of 'democracy' would that be to leave our children?

Do the right thing.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:33 - May 3 with 2044 viewsRs_Holy

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 11:52 - May 3 by Discodroids

Can anyone think why Germany might want to keep secret its plans for an EU army until after June 23rd?

At least some papers are getting it out to the world at large now.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/666516/Anti-Brussels-fury-Germany-secretl

8 weeks to go and it really is starting to get on my choci chewns tattooed tits. I just want the referendum over ...From what i can gather no one i know is going to change their mind on how they are going to vote, even if they are suspended by their nipples a man called horse style.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 11:56]

Well I suppose I am what is known as a floater...!

I've been slightly more out than in going into this process, but was hoping to hear some proper facts from a few clever people... If there were definitive arguments either way it would have had a huge bearing on which way I voted...Unfortunately it’s been a very frustrating experience.

I have now made up my mind! Not based on facts, but based on scare mongering and more importantly the people doing the scare mongering.
When Tony bLiar puts his political weight behind a cause it immediately turns me against that cause...when the president of the USA starts making threats it does the same... When people in France are warning us that we have to stay in or all the Calais immigrants will be sent to the UK, it gets me wound up…

It has been a lesson in playing on peoples weaknesses and creating paranoia!

The thought of leaving the Union makes me quite apprehensive and unsure about our future... But staying in scares the Bejesus out of me!
[Post edited 3 May 2016 14:17]
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:56 - May 3 with 2011 viewsTheBlob

Did anyone get to vote on an EU army or Gendarmerie?
This is getting a bit like the Roman Empire - Britain being an outpost and policed by foreign cohorts.

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:06 - May 3 with 1996 viewskensalriser

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:24 - May 3 by 1BobbyHazell

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin bout.

Thanks for posting Bazza. This is why the likes of Obama and Clinton have so 'kindly' taken time out of their busy schedules to come over here and give us such altruistic advice on our vote.

A couple of choice quotes

"The documents show that US corporations will be granted unprecedented powers over any new public health or safety regulations to be introduced in future. If any European government does dare to bring in laws to raise social or environmental standards, TTIP will grant US investors the right to sue for loss of profits"

AND

"The leaked texts also reveal how the European Commission is preparing to open up the European economy to unfair competition from giant US corporations, despite acknowledging the disastrous consequences this will bring to European producers, who have to meet far higher standards than pertain in the USA.

According to official statistics, at least one million jobs will be lost as a direct result of TTIP — and twice that many if the full deal is allowed to go through. Yet we can now see that EU negotiators are preparing to trade away whole sectors of our economies in TTIP, with no care for the human consequences."

I'm very keen to hear the Inners responses to that article. For me I cannot even start to fathom how anyone would consider handing over our sovereignty to US corporations as a good idea. American companies' profits given priority over the well being and choices of our own community. What kind of 'democracy' would that be to leave our children?

Do the right thing.

Perhaps I've missed it, but I've seen very little campaigning around TTIP from the leave camp. I wonder why they haven't made more of it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:15 - May 3 with 1982 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:06 - May 3 by kensalriser

Perhaps I've missed it, but I've seen very little campaigning around TTIP from the leave camp. I wonder why they haven't made more of it.

The leave camp is dominated by Tories, who would happily inflict a lot worse than TTIP on us.

The trade unions have gone on about it for years as a reason to leave, but unfortunately The Daily Mail and The Sun arn't the political arm of the Unions.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:17 - May 3 with 1977 viewsDannytheR

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:06 - May 3 by kensalriser

Because standing in the way of corporate interests is the last thing Farage and Johnson would actually do?
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:21 - May 3 with 1971 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:15 - May 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

The leave camp is dominated by Tories, who would happily inflict a lot worse than TTIP on us.

The trade unions have gone on about it for years as a reason to leave, but unfortunately The Daily Mail and The Sun arn't the political arm of the Unions.

Cameron,Letwyn ,Osborne et al are Exiters?Do me a favour.
It's a sad state of affairs when you let mass media/personality bias define your opinions.

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:29 - May 3 with 1955 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:21 - May 3 by TheBlob

Cameron,Letwyn ,Osborne et al are Exiters?Do me a favour.
It's a sad state of affairs when you let mass media/personality bias define your opinions.

What is my opinion Blob? I think you'll be surprised.

I didn't say the Tories are pro exit, I said the pro exit group are Tories.

There's a difference.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 15:40 - May 3 with 1923 viewsBasingstokeR

I thought we'd be more likely to sign up to the terms of TTIP (or very similar) on our own than the EU would be/is.

As I understand it TTIP negotiations are at a virtual standstill/impassioned with neither side likely to budge. Which is what made what Obama said about (to paraphrase) being last in the queue for negotiating a trade deal slightly redundant (imho)
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:53 - May 3 with 1885 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 15:40 - May 3 by BasingstokeR

I thought we'd be more likely to sign up to the terms of TTIP (or very similar) on our own than the EU would be/is.

As I understand it TTIP negotiations are at a virtual standstill/impassioned with neither side likely to budge. Which is what made what Obama said about (to paraphrase) being last in the queue for negotiating a trade deal slightly redundant (imho)

What queue?There is no queue lining up to trade with the Yanks.A blind man with his eyes shut can see their economy is finished - $20trillion in debt (later this year),all based on paper,the gold they had in Fort Knox is long gone and replaced by canisters of nerve gas.Queuing up to trade with China,India,Russia yes.

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:57 - May 3 with 1877 viewsQPRDave

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:17 - May 3 by DannytheR

Because standing in the way of corporate interests is the last thing Farage and Johnson would actually do?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 19:46 - May 3 with 1836 viewsloftboy

Being oc the slightly thick persuasion but what is TTIP

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 19:47 - May 3 with 1835 viewsCiderwithRsie

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 17:53 - May 3 by TheBlob

What queue?There is no queue lining up to trade with the Yanks.A blind man with his eyes shut can see their economy is finished - $20trillion in debt (later this year),all based on paper,the gold they had in Fort Knox is long gone and replaced by canisters of nerve gas.Queuing up to trade with China,India,Russia yes.

"The US economy is finished".

Nope.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 19:49 - May 3 with 1830 viewsCiderwithRsie

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 19:46 - May 3 by loftboy

Being oc the slightly thick persuasion but what is TTIP

"Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership" - proposed EU-US trade deal.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 19:56 - May 3 with 1822 viewsCiderwithRsie

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 15:40 - May 3 by BasingstokeR

Indeed. David Cameron said last year he'd "put a rocket" under the negotiations so you can take it that the current British government would sign it like a shot.

Conversely it appears to be stalled due to objections by other EU governments including France.

But crucially for the point of the original debate, any EU government (as the French are demonstrating) can refuse to sign the agreement. Therefore the idea that voting to leave is necessary or a good idea in order to stop TTIP is factually wrong. If you don't want Britain to sign TTIP lobby your MP or join a direct action protest; it is the national governments who will sign it or not, the European Commission merely handles the negotiations. And are subject to a b*llocking from the national governments if they don't come up with a deal they're willing to sign.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 09:08 - May 4 with 1747 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 19:47 - May 3 by CiderwithRsie

"The US economy is finished".

Nope.

Things have got steadily worse since 2015.The Chinese are dumping their hoards of US bonds,dollars.The US pursues its policy of "printing to infinity" to prop up their Ponzi scheme of an economy,and you can't get away with Rehypothecation forever.Like the San Andreas Fault,the longer it takes to slip the worse it will be.
http://real-deal-blog.com/2015/06/13/why-the-us-economy-is-finished/

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 10:14 - May 4 with 1727 viewsCiderwithRsie

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 09:08 - May 4 by TheBlob

Things have got steadily worse since 2015.The Chinese are dumping their hoards of US bonds,dollars.The US pursues its policy of "printing to infinity" to prop up their Ponzi scheme of an economy,and you can't get away with Rehypothecation forever.Like the San Andreas Fault,the longer it takes to slip the worse it will be.
http://real-deal-blog.com/2015/06/13/why-the-us-economy-is-finished/

Apple: can't produce a new product to save their lives
Google: who uses it?
Amazon: a doomed business model
Uber: no chance of that taking off if they try to export it to any country with a well-established taxi system
Facebook, twitter: completely skint
Microsoft: Can't find two pennies to rub together
Hollywood: culturally irrelevant, no-one watches that stuff
McDonalds: over

Yeah, they're f*cked, aren't they?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024