Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week 09:09 - Apr 21 with 32566 views1BobbyHazell

Well it looked like Obama flying all the way over to tell us to stay in (so his corporate chums can inflict TTIP on us ending our democracy) would be this week's winner. But Alistair Campbell's 'Putin and ISIS' (cracking combo) has smashed him out of the park. Putin and ISIS...brilliant.

Honourable mentions go to the 8 former US Treasury secretaries who wrote to The Times warning that Brexit was a threat to our 'special relationship'.

If they're at this level now they must have some serious sh1t planned for the next few weeks.

Stay calm and do some proper research about TTIP.
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:26 - Apr 24 with 3533 viewsQPRDave

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 16:25 - Apr 24 with 3456 viewsCHUBBS

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:26 - Apr 24 by QPRDave

Ha that was at the Grove where the same puppets met their masters for the 2013 Bilderberg fest.
Shame isis didn't drop one on em
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 16:26 - Apr 24 with 3456 viewsRangersDave

Trade agreements with Europe will be in place the day we vote to leave, guaranteed.

No one from BMW for instance is going to sit back and rest on their laurels 'just in case', they will have both scenarios covered.

This will be the same with every company in Europe we do business with.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 18:10 - Apr 24 with 3413 viewsTheBlob

[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 18:12]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 18:11 - Apr 24 with 3408 viewsDeepcutHoop

That's genuinely pathetic tbh
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 18:18 - Apr 24 with 3389 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 18:11 - Apr 24 by DeepcutHoop

That's genuinely pathetic tbh

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 20:05 - Apr 24 with 3331 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 22:44 - Apr 23 by CiderwithRsie

"The day after an out vote they will be lobbying Government to start talking here and overseas "

Of course they will. And you're right to say that we'll negotiate with Europe first, then the others. I don't know about the order, but you're right to point out that there are at least three parties after Europe.

None of those deals will be done by big business, they'll be done by diplomats. The lobbying won't even be necessary (unless we have a govt led by the fool Gove, who says we will opt out of the single market.) - the civil servants will be only too glad to start talking, even if they are a bit p*ssed off at having to start talks to rebuild a European deal that their predecessors had done years ago.

Each one of the trade deals will take years, maybe a decade or more. They'll have to be consecutive because the foreign office won't have the capacity to do more than one at a time. And there may be gaps in between because, apart from Europe, we will not be first in the queue with any of the other parties - they too will be saying "the big European bloc first then China and India". And the European deal will be the most difficult because the EU will have to re-structure itself while its already dealing with a set of other crises.

So that's years before we can get back to where we are now with the EU (12 years for the EU Canada deal, remember) and years more after that before we can catch up respecting the rest.

Big business will indeed be very unhappy and will want to use their clout. For example, their shareholders may want to move their investment into companies that already have access to that big bloc next to us. Telling them that we won't get around to dealing with the USA any time soon is going to go down just fine with them, don't you think?

Trade would automatically revert to the WTO agreements its not as if there would be nothing in place if we go .

Australia started talks with the US for a Free Trade Agreement with the US in April 2003, it became law in August 2004 . Why should ours take 10 years ?

I was being facetious , using his own(scripted) words , of course we would want a deal with the US . We invest almost the same into the US as they do here (pretty amazing considering the size of us both ) . It will be in their interest to allow a little line jumping as well as our own .

Courage is required to take control of ourselves and back ourselves , these islands used to have it . I would like to think its still in our DNA .
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 20:11]
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 22:31 - Apr 24 with 3296 viewsCiderwithRsie

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 20:05 - Apr 24 by essextaxiboy

Trade would automatically revert to the WTO agreements its not as if there would be nothing in place if we go .

Australia started talks with the US for a Free Trade Agreement with the US in April 2003, it became law in August 2004 . Why should ours take 10 years ?

I was being facetious , using his own(scripted) words , of course we would want a deal with the US . We invest almost the same into the US as they do here (pretty amazing considering the size of us both ) . It will be in their interest to allow a little line jumping as well as our own .

Courage is required to take control of ourselves and back ourselves , these islands used to have it . I would like to think its still in our DNA .

I don't think it would be anything like as simple as you think. Australia and US is a smaller and simpler deal - Australia isn't competing with the US in manufactured goods and financial services, its an exporter of commodities. And it didn't have a team of negotiators who were having to simultaneously negotiate a deal with the EU and any other deals which were previously bilateral between EU and 3rd parties, under the leadership of a government that is having to sort out the inevitable Scottish demands to revise the Scottish referendum in the light of Brexit and a whole pile of cr*p going on in the governing party which already has a wafer-thin majority.

But you and I could argue the toss on this until judgement day. As I understand you, you want to "take back control of these islands." Fair enough. I respect you for that. If I thought we were being controlled by a foreign body I'd feel the same and the economic costs and trade deals and whatever wouldn't deter me from doing whatever it took to get us out.

I just don't see it that way. We're all football fans here and I've never known a team which worked better as individuals rather than as a collective. To me the EU is a team that the UK plays in. I may think some of the other players aren't pulling their weight or make dozy mistakes, I might not like the tactics of the management, I might be worried about the transfer policy, but I don't want to walk out on the rest of the club. To me its exactly like giving up being a QPR supporter because I didn't like the way the club operated in the recent past.

There used to be an idea called the European Ideal - an idea of peaceful co-operation, of sharing markets and other opportunities for the benefit of all. Economics only comes into it to the extent that I genuinely think that access to single markets has been good for our economy and has given us wealth in excess of our contributions to the EU budget, and that for all the problems caused by movement of labour, it has allowed a stack of UK businesses to survive that would otherwise have gone down the tubes due to competition from the Far East with lower labour costs. I think the atmosphere of European co-operation has given us, for example, Airbus Industries which has kept British aviation alive whereas in the 1950-60s on our own we had the most brilliantly innovative aviation industry in the world and it was simply killed by Boeing. And I think our best chance of dealing with international terrorism, climate change, mass migration, or any other challenge that is not confined to the UK alone is to do so in co-operation with the people who share our history, culture and geography.

There's plenty of courage, not to mention decency and honour in this country. I don't see why it shouldn't take its place on the biggest stage possible. That's not confined to the EU but it should include it.

It all depends on where you see other Europeans as being part of our family. I presume you don't. I wish you did, but I can understand that you might not. For the avoidance of doubt, it doesn't make you a racist or stupid or whatever. But I do see them that way. And it doesn't make me any less patriotic, or English, or British, or courageous or democratic than anyone else.

P.S. I am in fact a snivelling coward with dictatorial instincts and would sell out my country for a weekend with Scarlett Johansen, but that's just a coincidence.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 06:32 - Apr 25 with 3244 viewsisawqpratwcity

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 20:05 - Apr 24 by essextaxiboy

Just because you have one trade agreement with another country, it doesn't mean it stops there.

Australia is currently in a protracted trade negotiation with the US called the Trans-Pacific Trade Partnership. we are currently in talks without being under obligation to another treaty and yet we find ourselves with similar concerns to the UK and TTIP (the two proposals mirror quite closely). We, too, take issue with many aspects of this, in particular copyright law and cost of medicinal patents, as well as more general concerns like the overall thrust of the agreement seems to benefit corporations over populations and, worst, the near-impenetrable secrecy of the deal.

My point is, don't assume escaping the EU will necessarily keep you out of TTIP.

(Btw, "Courage is required to take control of ourselves and back ourselves , these islands used to have it . I would like to think its still in our DNA ." is a lovely bit of rhetoric. If that is original, then very well done!)
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 7:08]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 07:32 - Apr 25 with 3212 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 06:32 - Apr 25 by isawqpratwcity

Just because you have one trade agreement with another country, it doesn't mean it stops there.

Australia is currently in a protracted trade negotiation with the US called the Trans-Pacific Trade Partnership. we are currently in talks without being under obligation to another treaty and yet we find ourselves with similar concerns to the UK and TTIP (the two proposals mirror quite closely). We, too, take issue with many aspects of this, in particular copyright law and cost of medicinal patents, as well as more general concerns like the overall thrust of the agreement seems to benefit corporations over populations and, worst, the near-impenetrable secrecy of the deal.

My point is, don't assume escaping the EU will necessarily keep you out of TTIP.

(Btw, "Courage is required to take control of ourselves and back ourselves , these islands used to have it . I would like to think its still in our DNA ." is a lovely bit of rhetoric. If that is original, then very well done!)
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 7:08]

The line is all my own and is a counter to "Project Fear" . Someone actually posted on this board in another thread on the same topic " who will look after us ? " Honestly how pathetic is that ?
We are the 5th largest economy in the world , Australia is half the size and is 13th . We are the US biggest trading partner .

Conclusion .....In trade negotiations we wave a bigger stick .
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:30 - Apr 25 with 3114 viewsR_from_afar

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 22:43 - Apr 23 by vblockranger

Been on the edge of voting Brexit but after listening to Obama and his impassioned speech the other day .....im voting out and he can fook off, Coming over here telling us we are gonna be back of the queue ffs?????? He just wants TTIP, Thats all he is worried about. Anyway fck him we are gonna get in bed with the Chinese and the yanks can jog right on.

We will be behind the remainder of the EU in "the queue" for obvious and logical reasons: It makes more economic sense for the US to prioritise setting up a trade deal with a block of 27 countries than it does with a block of - cough - one.

It's not a massive conspiracy, it's a simple numbers game.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:35 - Apr 25 with 3098 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:30 - Apr 25 by R_from_afar

We will be behind the remainder of the EU in "the queue" for obvious and logical reasons: It makes more economic sense for the US to prioritise setting up a trade deal with a block of 27 countries than it does with a block of - cough - one.

It's not a massive conspiracy, it's a simple numbers game.

RFA

I notice we aren't the last in the queue when the Yanks are looking for patsies to partcipate in yet another (by proxy) foreign conflict.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 13:36]

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:39 - Apr 25 with 3095 viewsJigsore

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 18:10 - Apr 24 by TheBlob

[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 18:12]

i'm sure Daumier is rolling in his grave

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:42 - Apr 25 with 3084 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:39 - Apr 25 by Jigsore

Not a patch on Hogarth.

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:36 - Apr 25 with 3040 viewspaulparker

says the man who thought it was funny that Michael Gove should be punched in the face by Kensal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 16:24 - Apr 25 with 2988 viewsJigsore

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:36 - Apr 25 by paulparker

says the man who thought it was funny that Michael Gove should be punched in the face by Kensal

what? there's nothing funny about the way Gove is shilling out the education and justice systems for his superiors, and all in that condescending shiny-faced irritating manner of his. ugh

besides, I don't push my politics through unironic meme humour. #fockoffobama I bow to the creators wit

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 10:01 - Apr 28 with 2836 viewsDiscodroids

Just back from 10 days In Dubrovnik , Wallowing in the finest legal pleasures known to humanity. Ive Missed Victoria Wood and Prince turning up their toes and Obama flexing his feeble upper case deltoids and Pectorals like a Hughie Green novelty act . A superpower Gripper Stebson . As usual lapped up by our Max Mosely MSM, Strapped to a Jaw retention Black and Decker workmate with an amyl blood orange stuffed in Its thorax...... I even witnessed a stoat Mp this morning describe us (The UK )as minnows ..

Under The EU Chief of Justice Cameron, Whenever I leave this Glorious Island for even a few days I Dredd my return. I am tormented with ominous visions of living in Uniform grey tunics and Napoleon Solo Partings and popping serotonin suppressors.

Now When I hit the asphalt jungle at Gatwick, In my minds eye I see a 2000 AD Mega city one / Strontium dog Gamma ray fcked wasteland on my return .Survived only by A teeming colossus hive, a sterile , Orwellian education camp where suicide kits of Tesco plastic bags, Tesco Value scotch , Tesco Value String and Fcking Tesco Value paracetamol are dished out by A Uriah-Heep-ever-so-humble government ,That would prefer the Art of self deliverance than life Outside the EU .Get off your Knees.

A Government that knows its place and tugs its fcking forelock while Sundry E.U Jack Palances unload their .45 colt at our dancing Dick van dyke feet. A bleak existence outside the E.U. , A Frozen tundra of harsh toil in lithium mines in exchange for meat substitute grown in a petri dish From the fur on Cat shit, Our only sustenance.

A world where love, sexual contact, hopes , dreams and any semblance of base humanity are classified as sense crimes .In fact just like my life in North Chingford with My Mrs Jo . Only without Harlems heroes, ABC Warriors and that green cnt , 'Tharg'.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 11:55 - Apr 28 with 2773 viewsDiscodroids

L block , in response to your NI Number/immigration erroneous figures. There have been many attempts by both left , right and independent individuals and organisations to access this data through the freedom of information act.

In an unprecedented move, the incumbent tory government has astounded both sides by refusing to provide the required information , as law dictates , and invoking delaying tactics and hastily adding red tape to announce their answer after the 23/6/16 . The Government feels that the information is too "sensitive", to release at this time and not in the public interest !.

Independent Commentators who make their living from accessing , researching and interpreting information from this act ,are stating on programs such as 'Daily Politics' and even the' Andrew Marr show' that they have never encountered this deliberate evasion of a public information request. Never. The same tactics are being used to procrastinate true immigration figures to Andrew Greens 'Migration watch' body and others , Until after the 23rd of June 2016 citing ' UK security' as one reason.

Yet the licspittle slicklegging EU qusilings, are quite happy to ruin my you tube by playing these unskipable, fairy tale sanitised , pro EU adverts that would have Goebbels indulging in self beatification and weeping with pride. A big Harvey Smith 'up yours' you tube.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 12:04]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:29 - Apr 28 with 2730 viewskensalriser

Good to have you back Disco. Did you leave Dubrovnik as you found it?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 13:17 - Apr 28 with 2688 viewsDiscodroids

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 12:29 - Apr 28 by kensalriser

Good to have you back Disco. Did you leave Dubrovnik as you found it?

Thanks mate. Ten days of magic. What a beautiful, wondrous place. Went to Split as well.
always good to be away from the UK With Ant and Dec and amusing canines that Can play the piano upside down . Does my head in!.

Still in full support of JFH.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 13:18]

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:00 - Apr 28 with 2656 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Ignore the website the piece is good.

http://www.conservativehome.com/thecolumnists/2016/04/daniel-hannan-heres-what-h

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:30 - Apr 28 with 2630 viewsDannytheR

Given he's Greek and she's German, will Phil and Liz be going home in the event of Brexit then?
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:36 - Apr 28 with 2617 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:30 - Apr 28 by DannytheR

Given he's Greek and she's German, will Phil and Liz be going home in the event of Brexit then?

In the event of Remain, we'll all be German given time (Seb Polter is merely the advanced party).

Until such time as I hear the ballot paper will have something other than Bremain or Brexit, I shall avoid the whole Bilderberg inspired charade.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:44 - Apr 28 with 2600 viewsDannytheR

Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:36 - Apr 28 by PlanetHonneywood

In the event of Remain, we'll all be German given time (Seb Polter is merely the advanced party).

Until such time as I hear the ballot paper will have something other than Bremain or Brexit, I shall avoid the whole Bilderberg inspired charade.

I hear you. The EU is a racket in its way, of course.

But in this case better that than economic shipwreck as engineered by a load of dog whistle racism, nostalgia for a Britain that never really existed, and the professional ambition of that venal prick Boris Johnson.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 14:45]
Brexit Fear Mongering Of The Week on 14:49 - Apr 28 with 2592 viewsTheBlob

Wanna stay in?Then get ready for more of this.Oh,and Turkey,Albania,Macedonia etc etc. waiting their turn to join.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/665239/Greece-begs-EU-IMF-MORE-MONEY

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024