Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillsborough 11:27 - Apr 26 with 18055 viewsE17hoop

The truth seems to be finally out.

JFT96

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Hillsborough on 08:33 - Apr 28 with 2055 viewsjohncharles

Time for an apology from the FA,not only for allowing the game to go ahead in a stadium that had been called a death trap by various visiting fans but also for the way it has treated the victims' families for the last twenty seven years.

Strong and stable my arse.

Hillsborough on 08:55 - Apr 28 with 2030 viewsMrSheen

Hillsborough on 08:11 - Apr 28 by BostonR

The MOTD episode that evening came very close to what actually happened. Des Lynham and Jimmy Hill were very insightful and their views were very close to the truth. Also the interview with Sir John Smith, Liverpool Chairman supports the verdict that the fans were blameless. All in all a very dark time for football but South Yorkshire Police were already out of control and essentially beyond the law.
They are now bang in the line of fire especially with the current Home Secretary who has been after them for sometime. There will be prosecutions and a wholesale reorganisation of that Ploice Force.

The same John Smith who blamed the Heysel on Chelsea fans? First rule of any institution: look after your own.
Hillsborough on 09:31 - Apr 28 with 1985 viewspaulparker

Hillsborough on 08:55 - Apr 28 by MrSheen

The same John Smith who blamed the Heysel on Chelsea fans? First rule of any institution: look after your own.

The undercover headhunters with there curly perms , taches and scouse accents really did do a number on those innocent Liverpool fans didn't they

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hillsborough on 15:50 - May 26 with 1752 viewsBluce_Ree

So, they campaign. They get the verdict they want.

Is that enough?

Of course not. No, now there's a government petition to get the Hillsborough event put on the school curriculum.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/130848

Sake.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Hillsborough on 16:07 - May 26 with 1733 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hillsborough on 15:50 - May 26 by Bluce_Ree

So, they campaign. They get the verdict they want.

Is that enough?

Of course not. No, now there's a government petition to get the Hillsborough event put on the school curriculum.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/130848

Sake.

Good Lord, are they wanting classes to do re-enactments of that fateful day?

In some inner city schools, we'll be lucky if we get away with just 96!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hillsborough on 19:06 - May 26 with 1604 viewsBluce_Ree

'Tis a bit much. I give them top marks for fighting it out to the end but they aren't scoring super high on dignity with shit like this.

Also:

[Post edited 26 May 2016 19:10]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Hillsborough on 19:18 - May 26 with 1590 viewsClive_Anderson

The thing is with these inquiries is that they usually just end up following popular opinion. The original inquiry happened when football supporters were considered scumbags so of course they got the blame.

Now the South Yorkshire police are hated and public sympathy is with the Liverpool supporters so it goes the other way.

I don't know how the FA have got away with no blame attached. I can guarantee you if it had been FIFA organising that match they would have been blamed more than the police.
Hillsborough on 19:38 - May 26 with 1574 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hillsborough on 19:18 - May 26 by Clive_Anderson

The thing is with these inquiries is that they usually just end up following popular opinion. The original inquiry happened when football supporters were considered scumbags so of course they got the blame.

Now the South Yorkshire police are hated and public sympathy is with the Liverpool supporters so it goes the other way.

I don't know how the FA have got away with no blame attached. I can guarantee you if it had been FIFA organising that match they would have been blamed more than the police.

That's probably why the Chilcott report is taking so long, except people are finding it harder to forget 100,000 civilian deaths and 179 British military deaths.
Login to get fewer ads

Hillsborough on 21:13 - May 26 with 1505 viewsClive_Anderson

Hillsborough on 19:38 - May 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

That's probably why the Chilcott report is taking so long, except people are finding it harder to forget 100,000 civilian deaths and 179 British military deaths.

Yep they're dragging it out hoping the public mood will change....it won't. Probably hoping that Chilcot will kick the bucket sooner or later.

What exactly has he been doing for 7 years (and costing 10 million quid) ?
Hillsborough on 21:25 - May 26 with 1493 viewsjohncharles

It's always the way with these inquiries. Asbestos factories and slate miners, spun it out long enough and they'll all be dead. War widows pensions, that's another one.

Strong and stable my arse.

Hillsborough on 21:29 - May 26 with 1490 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hillsborough on 21:13 - May 26 by Clive_Anderson

Yep they're dragging it out hoping the public mood will change....it won't. Probably hoping that Chilcot will kick the bucket sooner or later.

What exactly has he been doing for 7 years (and costing 10 million quid) ?

The Blair & Bush correspondence. Taking a age to retrieve and vet. Foreign Office worried revealing this stuff will damage intelligence co operation and secrecy protocols.

The Tories not in a hurry for it to be published because they're still living off the Iraq War as Labour's Albatross.

Corbyn can't deliver his promised apology for it yet because he does't know what he's apologising for officially.

Call me cynical but I expect no unexpected revelations and a lot of frustrated parents and widows.
[Post edited 26 May 2016 21:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024