Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baseball Thread.. 23:24 - Apr 26 with 25617 viewsthame_hoops

I know there's a few of you American R's and a few of us here that like American sports, now it's baseball season, who do you follow?

Myself, I'm an Orioles fan, heading out to Baltimore next Thursday for the Oakland A's home series

Go O's
Baseball Thread.. on 23:25 - Oct 4 with 2205 viewsMatch82

Cubs. Best team in baseball this year by a fair distance. Which means it will be interesting to see in which new and inventive way they manage to balls things up this year.

If they do win the city might as well just shut down for the following day, that's going to be an unholy mess.
Baseball Thread.. on 23:47 - Oct 4 with 2196 viewsDorse

Cubs? What about the Scranton Spungoes? Alphonso Higualdo Jr is on fire! And Payton Thwap III is leading the conference in mid-centre field.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Baseball Thread.. on 00:23 - Oct 5 with 2192 viewsMatch82

Baseball Thread.. on 23:47 - Oct 4 by Dorse

Cubs? What about the Scranton Spungoes? Alphonso Higualdo Jr is on fire! And Payton Thwap III is leading the conference in mid-centre field.

Yeah, but Payton Thwap III isn't playing in the playoffs, he's been suspended for meeting some bloke in the pub and agreeing to go on a jolly up to Singapore...
Baseball Thread.. on 09:04 - Oct 5 with 2153 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Baseball Thread.. on 23:14 - Oct 4 by thame_hoops

POSTSEASON

Let's Go O's! ⚾️

Hard luck last night, Thame. Was hoping the O's would do it against the boring Jays.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Baseball Thread.. on 09:07 - Oct 5 with 2151 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Baseball Thread.. on 23:25 - Oct 4 by Match82

Cubs. Best team in baseball this year by a fair distance. Which means it will be interesting to see in which new and inventive way they manage to balls things up this year.

If they do win the city might as well just shut down for the following day, that's going to be an unholy mess.

The Cubs should do it. Dominating the National League usually comes with a note of caution but they do look a lot better than any of the other contenders.

Most people's tips for the ALCS, the Sox, have been unreliable this year despite their results on the face of it. there's something about them I just don't trust.

Baseball Thread.. on 09:08 - Oct 5 with 2146 viewshopphoops

Baseball Thread.. on 23:47 - Oct 4 by Dorse

Don't be naughty Dorse, more of that and you'll be fielding at Soft Underbelly for the rest of the season.

Anyway, it's all over for those Os. Brooks' Mets vs Loftus77's Giants tonight. Then the battle of the Briyans - BriMac's Red Sox and BrydeSantis' Indians. A Mets-Indians World Series would be good as they're both mainly known for being a bit hopeless.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Baseball Thread.. on 10:27 - Oct 5 with 2135 viewstoboboly

Lets go Mets!!!!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Baseball Thread.. on 10:31 - Oct 5 with 2130 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If the Sox don't do it, then I'll be shouting for the Cursed Cubs, would also like to see the Indians or the Mets.

Mets to survive tonight hopefully.

Login to get fewer ads

Baseball Thread.. on 16:06 - Oct 5 with 2089 viewsbrydesantis

Baseball Thread.. on 23:14 - Oct 4 by thame_hoops

POSTSEASON

Let's Go O's! ⚾️

Tough way to go out of playoffs mate. I think they need to do something about the second wild card. To play 162 games earn a spot in postseason all to be dashed in 1 night is beyond cruel.

Cleveland starting pitching has been decimated in the last month with injuries. I have my doubts we can overcome Boston now without two of our best pitchers, but you never know. I am going to both games in Cleveland tomorrow and Friday can't wait!!
Baseball Thread.. on 01:22 - Oct 6 with 2054 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ok, kettle on the boil and not a spark of sense but here I go....

Mets v Giants. C'mon the Mets!

Baseball Thread.. on 04:00 - Oct 6 with 2049 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Spoilers!!!!!!!

I'm still here. 4am and scoreless after 3 hours and 8 innings...

Baseball Thread.. on 10:42 - Oct 6 with 2017 viewsNewEnglandR

I'm Red Sox through and through and I would love them to win it this year for Papi but first they have to get past their ex coach in Farrell and the Indians and if they do make the WS I can just see the Cubs and their ex Boston stars Lester and Lackey there to stop them. I can just see it all coming down to Lester and the Cubs curse against Big Papi in his final at bat or is that just for Hollywood.
Baseball Thread.. on 12:09 - Oct 6 with 2005 viewsbrydesantis

Baseball Thread.. on 09:08 - Oct 5 by hopphoops

Don't be naughty Dorse, more of that and you'll be fielding at Soft Underbelly for the rest of the season.

Anyway, it's all over for those Os. Brooks' Mets vs Loftus77's Giants tonight. Then the battle of the Briyans - BriMac's Red Sox and BrydeSantis' Indians. A Mets-Indians World Series would be good as they're both mainly known for being a bit hopeless.

and the Mets bite the dust.. Had a feeling going up against Bumgarner in a one off game was only going to end one way.

Beyond excited for tonight. Tribe really need to get a split of these first two to have a chance. Bauer on the mound tonight which is anyone guess what we will get. He is usually lights out or terrible. Hoping for the former...
Baseball Thread.. on 12:25 - Oct 6 with 1998 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Baseball Thread.. on 12:09 - Oct 6 by brydesantis

and the Mets bite the dust.. Had a feeling going up against Bumgarner in a one off game was only going to end one way.

Beyond excited for tonight. Tribe really need to get a split of these first two to have a chance. Bauer on the mound tonight which is anyone guess what we will get. He is usually lights out or terrible. Hoping for the former...

Bry,

Stayed up 'til 4 this morning watching the Mets lose, not sure I can do the same again. May have to watch it as-live tomorrow morning. If the Indians get through Bauer-Porcelli tonight it'll be a huge, huge win. Enjoy the game.

Baseball Thread.. on 12:30 - Oct 6 with 1994 viewsbrydesantis

Baseball Thread.. on 12:25 - Oct 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Bry,

Stayed up 'til 4 this morning watching the Mets lose, not sure I can do the same again. May have to watch it as-live tomorrow morning. If the Indians get through Bauer-Porcelli tonight it'll be a huge, huge win. Enjoy the game.

Cheers Brian, I can't believe you stayed up that late. I barely made it to the end and I am 5 hours behind ha. City is buzzing today but I think tomorrow may actually be more crazy as it's a 4:30 start and it seems the whole city is taking off of work. Beers early and often lol
Baseball Thread.. on 12:42 - Oct 6 with 1985 viewstoboboly

Gutted about the Mets. Just too many injuries, especially the pitching that was continually decimated. Still I got to see them beat the Braves at Turner Field. :)

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Baseball Thread.. on 13:00 - Oct 6 with 1975 viewsbrydesantis

Baseball Thread.. on 12:42 - Oct 6 by toboboly

Gutted about the Mets. Just too many injuries, especially the pitching that was continually decimated. Still I got to see them beat the Braves at Turner Field. :)

It's a shame injuries just crushed the Mets. Funny how things work out. I would say the Mets and the Indians had the best starting pitching in each league and both of them have gotten decimated with injuries.
Baseball Thread.. on 10:28 - Oct 7 with 1937 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mahoosive win for the Indians last night. Well done Bry!

Baseball Thread.. on 11:43 - Oct 7 with 1926 viewswillis1980

Baseball Thread.. on 12:26 - Oct 7 with 1913 viewsbrydesantis

Baseball Thread.. on 10:28 - Oct 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Mahoosive win for the Indians last night. Well done Bry!

That game was intense still buzzing today and a little hungover... Game 2 Kluber vs Price really tasty matchup
Baseball Thread.. on 13:03 - Oct 7 with 1903 viewsW13R

Not hardcore a baseball fan like some of you on this thread but have a soft spot for the Cleveland Indians as my old Nan had/has family in Ohio.

Whilst on the baseball subject, whats the beef with a large majority of American's disliking Boston Red Sox? Are they the Millwall of baseball or is there another reason. I only ask as the last time we where in Florida I got my two boys a Boston cap each as they liked the big B on the front as it starts with the same letter as our surname. Anyway, I did notice a few snide comments with regards the boys choice of hats. Out of order considering my boys were only aged around 11 & 8 at the time!
Baseball Thread.. on 13:55 - Oct 7 with 1886 viewsbrydesantis

Baseball Thread.. on 13:03 - Oct 7 by W13R

Not hardcore a baseball fan like some of you on this thread but have a soft spot for the Cleveland Indians as my old Nan had/has family in Ohio.

Whilst on the baseball subject, whats the beef with a large majority of American's disliking Boston Red Sox? Are they the Millwall of baseball or is there another reason. I only ask as the last time we where in Florida I got my two boys a Boston cap each as they liked the big B on the front as it starts with the same letter as our surname. Anyway, I did notice a few snide comments with regards the boys choice of hats. Out of order considering my boys were only aged around 11 & 8 at the time!

Good to hear we have some support overseas! Where was your nan's family from? ozranger is Cleveland as well.

As for the distaste for Red Sox I posted earlier in thread about it. Boston always had a large and loyal following in the Northeast. They also were the lovable losers for so long. They hadn't won a World Series since 1918 before they broke their curse in 2004. Also cue the popular movie "fever Pitch" which sensationalized it even more.After that world series win they got a huge influx of bandwagon fans from all over the country triggering the term "Red Sox Nation". Their new breed of fans are obnoxious. Over here there is no segregation like in UK. So imagine how unpleasant it is to go to a home game for your local team and having a few thousand of these fans starting Red Sox cheers. It's tough to take especially considering most of them live right down the street from you and have abandoned their local team.

Add to that they coined the Yankees (their firece rivals) the Evil Empire because they were like the Man U of baseball and just spent way more money than anybody else. Now they spend just as much as the Yankees do. Just to put into perspective the Sox player payroll is 182 million the Indians is 86 million. Again not really their fault they now have more money to spend but it is ironic they used to be the prime whingers of how much the Yankees spent.

That's the best explanation I can give to be fair to Boston most actual Sox fans from Boston are great fans, very loyal, pleasant and love their baseball.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2016 14:00]
Baseball Thread.. on 14:08 - Oct 7 with 1877 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Baseball Thread.. on 13:55 - Oct 7 by brydesantis

Good to hear we have some support overseas! Where was your nan's family from? ozranger is Cleveland as well.

As for the distaste for Red Sox I posted earlier in thread about it. Boston always had a large and loyal following in the Northeast. They also were the lovable losers for so long. They hadn't won a World Series since 1918 before they broke their curse in 2004. Also cue the popular movie "fever Pitch" which sensationalized it even more.After that world series win they got a huge influx of bandwagon fans from all over the country triggering the term "Red Sox Nation". Their new breed of fans are obnoxious. Over here there is no segregation like in UK. So imagine how unpleasant it is to go to a home game for your local team and having a few thousand of these fans starting Red Sox cheers. It's tough to take especially considering most of them live right down the street from you and have abandoned their local team.

Add to that they coined the Yankees (their firece rivals) the Evil Empire because they were like the Man U of baseball and just spent way more money than anybody else. Now they spend just as much as the Yankees do. Just to put into perspective the Sox player payroll is 182 million the Indians is 86 million. Again not really their fault they now have more money to spend but it is ironic they used to be the prime whingers of how much the Yankees spent.

That's the best explanation I can give to be fair to Boston most actual Sox fans from Boston are great fans, very loyal, pleasant and love their baseball.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2016 14:00]

I think most Red Sox fans would agree with that summation, Bry.

Baseball Thread.. on 14:31 - Oct 7 with 1861 viewsbrydesantis

Baseball Thread.. on 14:08 - Oct 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I think most Red Sox fans would agree with that summation, Bry.

CHeers Brian,I have some good friends from Boston I love to have a bit of banter with (especially after last night ha) I don't want to sound like I'm tarring them all with the same brush. They feel the same way about the new influx of fans. After all they had to suffer through all the heartbreaks something this new "Red Sox Nation" have no clue about
Baseball Thread.. on 16:15 - Oct 7 with 1842 viewsstuabd

What happened to Daryl Strawberry? He was the man back in the day. A flawed genius who would have played for us if he'd chosen footy over rounders.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024