Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baseball Thread.. 23:24 - Apr 26 with 26268 viewsthame_hoops

I know there's a few of you American R's and a few of us here that like American sports, now it's baseball season, who do you follow?

Myself, I'm an Orioles fan, heading out to Baltimore next Thursday for the Oakland A's home series

Go O's
Baseball Thread.. on 16:31 - Oct 7 with 2868 viewsbrydesantis

Baseball Thread.. on 16:15 - Oct 7 by stuabd

What happened to Daryl Strawberry? He was the man back in the day. A flawed genius who would have played for us if he'd chosen footy over rounders.

Sadly he's struggle for decades with cocaine and alcohol addiction. They actually just aired a documentary over here about him and Doc Gooden. Here is a link if interested..

I guess Darryl is doing well now but after that aired many news outlets reporting Doc Gooden is in terrible shape and in danger of dying because of his addiction.
Baseball Thread.. on 17:59 - Oct 7 with 2857 viewsstuabd

Baseball Thread.. on 16:31 - Oct 7 by brydesantis

Sadly he's struggle for decades with cocaine and alcohol addiction. They actually just aired a documentary over here about him and Doc Gooden. Here is a link if interested..

I guess Darryl is doing well now but after that aired many news outlets reporting Doc Gooden is in terrible shape and in danger of dying because of his addiction.

Shit. That's really sad. Two very talented players. Thanks for the link.
Baseball Thread.. on 07:40 - Oct 11 with 2806 viewsMrSheen

STILL playing in San Francisco. Giants staying alive.
Baseball Thread.. on 07:55 - Oct 11 with 2805 viewsMrSheen

Baseball Thread.. on 07:40 - Oct 11 by MrSheen

STILL playing in San Francisco. Giants staying alive.

Giants win in the 13th.
Baseball Thread.. on 08:57 - Oct 11 with 2785 viewswillis1980

Baseball Thread.. on 07:55 - Oct 11 by MrSheen

Giants win in the 13th.

Nail biting stuff! It's going to take a lot just to make it to game 5, I just hope the goat can do its thing once and if it gets to game 5
Baseball Thread.. on 13:16 - Oct 11 with 2756 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done to Bry and his Indians.

Sox rallied hard in the eighth and ninth but it wasn't enough, can't argue with a 3-0 sweep. Indians progress, and deservedly so.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Baseball Thread.. on 17:21 - Oct 11 with 2727 viewsbrydesantis

Baseball Thread.. on 13:16 - Oct 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Sox rallied hard in the eighth and ninth but it wasn't enough, can't argue with a 3-0 sweep. Indians progress, and deservedly so.

Cheers that was nail biting stuff towards the end. Really surprised with the sweep, this Indians team seems to have something special about them. Toronto another tough team should be a good series both teams are red hot.

NL series are getting interesting. Giants showing some real guts last night. Dodgers probably going to go to Kershaw to keep their hopes alive, I think that one will go to game 5.
Baseball Thread.. on 17:27 - Oct 11 with 2726 viewshopphoops

Baseball Thread.. on 13:16 - Oct 11 by BrianMcCarthy

You're a good sport, Brian. Anyway, let's hope the Indians sweep the boorish Blue Jays too.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Login to get fewer ads

Baseball Thread.. on 17:40 - Oct 11 with 2720 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Baseball Thread.. on 17:27 - Oct 11 by hopphoops

You're a good sport, Brian. Anyway, let's hope the Indians sweep the boorish Blue Jays too.

Thanks Hopp. Ya, I'll be hoping for the same as well.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2016 17:46]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Baseball Thread.. on 20:19 - Oct 11 with 2699 viewsMrSheen

Baseball Thread.. on 17:27 - Oct 11 by hopphoops

I don't understand it. How could any of us hate the Jays?

Seeing Darryl Strawberry reminds me of Bad Lieutenant. If I recall, among his other vices, Harvey Keitel is taking money from fellow cops to put bets on the Mets beating the Dodgers in the playoffs, but secretly keeping it himself. But suddenly Strawberry's streak ends. Confused the hell out of me, as one of the few things I thought I knew about baseball was that Strawberry played for the Mets. Out by a year.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2016 20:20]
Baseball Thread.. on 22:48 - Oct 11 with 2681 viewsthame_hoops

Baseball Thread.. on 20:19 - Oct 11 by MrSheen

I don't understand it. How could any of us hate the Jays?

Seeing Darryl Strawberry reminds me of Bad Lieutenant. If I recall, among his other vices, Harvey Keitel is taking money from fellow cops to put bets on the Mets beating the Dodgers in the playoffs, but secretly keeping it himself. But suddenly Strawberry's streak ends. Confused the hell out of me, as one of the few things I thought I knew about baseball was that Strawberry played for the Mets. Out by a year.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2016 20:20]

Because the Jays fans are jerks are throw beer bottles at players
Baseball Thread.. on 07:02 - Oct 12 with 2653 viewswillis1980

Baseball Thread.. on 22:48 - Oct 11 by thame_hoops

A friend of mine who's an O's fan went to that game and said that the jays fans are the worst he's experienced, they had all sorts chucked at them and were offered out a few times.

Can't believe the Giants were beaten in the 9th again, it feels like 75% of the defeats this season have come in the ninth and like being mugged in your driveway every couple of days.
Baseball Thread.. on 09:05 - Oct 12 with 2643 viewsMrSheen

Baseball Thread.. on 22:48 - Oct 11 by thame_hoops

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Or coin:

Or lighter:

Worst baseball atrocity belongs to the White Sox. Disco sucks!

Baseball Thread.. on 09:40 - Oct 12 with 2638 viewsthame_hoops

Baseball Thread.. on 09:05 - Oct 12 by MrSheen

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Or coin:

Or lighter:

Worst baseball atrocity belongs to the White Sox. Disco sucks!

Haha brilliant!
Baseball Thread.. on 09:42 - Oct 12 with 2637 viewsthame_hoops

Baseball Thread.. on 07:02 - Oct 12 by willis1980

A friend of mine who's an O's fan went to that game and said that the jays fans are the worst he's experienced, they had all sorts chucked at them and were offered out a few times.

Can't believe the Giants were beaten in the 9th again, it feels like 75% of the defeats this season have come in the ninth and like being mugged in your driveway every couple of days.

I've also heard bad things about trips there, families being targeted by yobs etc. 'Maybe it's a Canadian thing?
Baseball Thread.. on 12:42 - Oct 12 with 2617 viewswillis1980

Baseball Thread.. on 09:42 - Oct 12 by thame_hoops

I've also heard bad things about trips there, families being targeted by yobs etc. 'Maybe it's a Canadian thing?

i thought it sounded quite out of character as judging by the canadians ive met they seemed like really mild mannered folk.

as my mate in question is in a band that tours the states a lot he gets to go a lot of games on a regular basis but was adamant the jays were the worst.

the last time i was a at & t i watched the giants play the A's and expected people to get a little out of hand with one another but from what i could see the only ones causing any grief were the bleeding seagulls
Baseball Thread.. on 13:06 - Oct 12 with 2604 viewsFredManRave

LA Dodgers fans are the best.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Baseball Thread.. on 13:33 - Oct 12 with 2594 viewshopphoops

Baseball Thread.. on 13:06 - Oct 12 by FredManRave

Is that Victoria Beckham's brother?

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

Baseball Thread.. on 14:22 - Oct 12 with 2581 viewsbrydesantis

Baseball Thread.. on 07:02 - Oct 12 by willis1980

That is quite surprising to me. I went to an Indians game in Toronto a few months ago and the people were super friendly and welcoming. I guess in the playoffs tempers may run a bit high. I hope there is no trouble like this for the series ahead. Since our cities are close there is always a large number of fans from each city who travel to the other for games.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2016 14:23]
Baseball Thread.. on 15:01 - Oct 12 with 2562 viewsFredManRave

Baseball Thread.. on 13:33 - Oct 12 by hopphoops

Is that Victoria Beckham's brother?

How dare you insult my future bride/husband like that!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Baseball Thread.. on 16:02 - Oct 12 with 2571 viewshopphoops

Baseball Thread.. on 15:01 - Oct 12 by FredManRave

How dare you insult my future bride/husband like that!

Sorry Fred and Mrs ManRave

Baseball Thread.. on 16:38 - Oct 12 with 2556 viewstoboboly

Baseball Thread.. on 16:31 - Oct 7 by brydesantis

If anyone fancies a good baseball read then may I suggest

A bit like QPR are the Mets. Mainly crap with amazing stories of failure at the highest level punctuated by brief moments of unlikely people coming good for that one season of glory.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Baseball Thread.. on 16:40 - Oct 12 with 2554 viewstoboboly

Baseball Thread.. on 13:06 - Oct 12 by FredManRave

I would and she/he/it isn't even a dwarf!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Baseball Thread.. on 11:49 - Oct 18 with 2468 viewsbrydesantis

3-0 Tribe!!! Damn this has been a fun run. Anyone see Bauer's finger last night? That was nasty!!
Baseball Thread.. on 11:56 - Oct 18 with 2467 viewsMrSheen

Baseball Thread.. on 11:49 - Oct 18 by brydesantis

3-0 Tribe!!! Damn this has been a fun run. Anyone see Bauer's finger last night? That was nasty!!

Chief Wahoo going out at the top.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024