Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley and strikers 19:30 - Apr 28 with 3525 viewsonlyrinmoray

Amazing how well they've recruited strikers Austin then Ings then Gray All have been a success with Vokes as the steady back up over the years

Next season we are going to need a 20+ striker if we want to go up Not sure we have it at present I want Washington to do well but if we continue to play him on his own up front the guy hasn't a chance At Brighton he was left on his own and was getting stick from those around me. Definitely need another striker in pre season unfortunately no young players seem to be up to it What happened to the wee guy Mitchell I thought he was looking good when he was in the under 18s ?
Burnley and strikers on 19:44 - Apr 28 with 2976 viewsQPRDave

Thing is if JFH doesn't want to play with 2 then what was the point?..Especially at £2.5 mill
I think he will play 2 next season btw.
Nakki Wells has 18 or 19 this season, but Villa have their eye on him apparently.
I really don't know who the answer is. Where are we shopping? Primark or Dorothy Perkins?!
Burnley and strikers on 20:18 - Apr 28 with 2901 viewsQPRDave

Primark, Dorothy Perkins, or Scots Prem ..apparently
QPR linked with move for Dundee star

http://the72.co.uk/53041/qpr-linked-with-move-for-dundee-star/
Burnley and strikers on 09:03 - Apr 29 with 2641 viewsRBlock

You can't really credit them with Gray in the same way you can for Ings, Austin, Rodriguez. Gray cost them an arm and a leg, he was hardly picked up on the cheap in the same manner.

As has been alluded to many times before on this site, don't the teams who often get promoted tend to lack a 20+ striker, and rely on a plethora of players to all chip in and get goals. We lack goals from central midfield at the moment. Luongo you expect to get a few, Faurlin maybe from set pieces.

Also whether Nakhi Wells would kick on here depends how we are going to play. Is Polter going to remain our no.1 striker (I think he should), are we going to have someone big to hold things up? Look at how Washington has struggled, predominantly because of how he has been played. Long balls fired at his chest which doesn't suit his game.
Burnley and strikers on 09:57 - Apr 29 with 2601 viewsNorthernr

When your budget is as tight as a mouse's ear you think very carefully about how you're going to spend it.

Holloway had no money at all at QPR and bought us Shittu, Cook, Rowlands, Ainsworth, Furlong, Gallen etc etc

Hughes and Redknapp had more money than the club had spent in the previous 130 years and bought us Bosingwa, Samba, Ferdinand, Park etc etc.
Burnley and strikers on 10:23 - Apr 29 with 2563 viewsconnell10

Big spending burnley spent 9 million on gray with add ons, its pretty easy to get a fairly good striker for the championship when you spend that kinda dosh!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Burnley and strikers on 10:25 - Apr 29 with 2556 viewskarl

Burnley and strikers on 20:18 - Apr 28 by QPRDave

Think Dundee actually picked him up from Cowdenbeath and tbf he has looked good but 25 isnt a young lad to pick up. I was wondering who would be interested in him and lo and behold!
Anyone interested he should be playing in the Dundee derby on BT Sport Monday night once you get home sober from watching Joey Barton being put to the sword, if ever there was a game for Diakite to start.....
Burnley and strikers on 10:28 - Apr 29 with 2551 viewsAntti_Heinola

And of course it's a total myth that you need a 20-goal-a-season striker. Fulham have a couple don't they? How's that been going?
Goals from all over is the key - our total reliance on Austin for the entire team he was with us was a bad thing, overall.

Bare bones.

Burnley and strikers on 10:28 - Apr 29 with 2551 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Out of a bit of spiteful jealousy, I was hoping Burnley would fvck all their hard work up when they signed Barton, but they've even managed to tether him and get him to behave himself sort of.
Login to get fewer ads

Burnley and strikers on 14:12 - Apr 29 with 2445 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Burnley and strikers on 10:28 - Apr 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Out of a bit of spiteful jealousy, I was hoping Burnley would fvck all their hard work up when they signed Barton, but they've even managed to tether him and get him to behave himself sort of.

And, depending on the reliability of one's sources, for £68,000 a week less than we could do.

Not the least bit grrrrrr at all!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Burnley and strikers on 14:38 - Apr 29 with 2416 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I've enjoyed our games more this season without Austin than with him. Probably a lot of disagreement over this but when Austin played there was much less connection with the team. There was only one song the fans sung, we always seemed to rely on him. Fringe players got slaughtered, and players seemed scared to do anything wrong other than give it to Austin. When he left and we started seeing more of Chery, Polter and Hoilett things just seemed to spark up. 'We've got Chery' 'Big F*cking German'. Players seemed more confident. Not saying someone like Austin is awful to watch, he was my favourite player, but we do seem more of a team, in my opinion

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Burnley and strikers on 15:02 - Apr 29 with 2395 viewspaulparker

Burnley and strikers on 10:25 - Apr 29 by karl

Think Dundee actually picked him up from Cowdenbeath and tbf he has looked good but 25 isnt a young lad to pick up. I was wondering who would be interested in him and lo and behold!
Anyone interested he should be playing in the Dundee derby on BT Sport Monday night once you get home sober from watching Joey Barton being put to the sword, if ever there was a game for Diakite to start.....

Karl what about the lad Jason Cummings at Hibs ?
saw him in the semi final and the game against Rangers recently and was very impressed
he has a bit of swagger and a lot of confidence , I heard he was out of contract and celtic were in for him, would he be a good asset here ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Burnley and strikers on 15:04 - Apr 29 with 2392 viewsAntti_Heinola

Burnley and strikers on 14:38 - Apr 29 by RANGERS4EVER

I've enjoyed our games more this season without Austin than with him. Probably a lot of disagreement over this but when Austin played there was much less connection with the team. There was only one song the fans sung, we always seemed to rely on him. Fringe players got slaughtered, and players seemed scared to do anything wrong other than give it to Austin. When he left and we started seeing more of Chery, Polter and Hoilett things just seemed to spark up. 'We've got Chery' 'Big F*cking German'. Players seemed more confident. Not saying someone like Austin is awful to watch, he was my favourite player, but we do seem more of a team, in my opinion

probably agree with that, and i absolutely loved Charlie!

Bare bones.

Burnley and strikers on 15:27 - Apr 29 with 2378 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Burnley and strikers on 20:18 - Apr 28 by QPRDave

Here's what a mate of mine who is a huge Dundee fan thinks of him.

"...He is quick, good eye for a goal & has been good for us and in running for player if the year - he has improved since we got him on a free when he came back to Scotland from Barnsley*..."

*Edited from Jockspeak.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Burnley and strikers on 15:34 - Apr 29 with 2361 viewsQPRDave

Burnley and strikers on 10:28 - Apr 29 by Antti_Heinola

And of course it's a total myth that you need a 20-goal-a-season striker. Fulham have a couple don't they? How's that been going?
Goals from all over is the key - our total reliance on Austin for the entire team he was with us was a bad thing, overall.

Got promoted mainly on Adel's gls
Burnley and strikers on 15:35 - Apr 29 with 2359 viewsNorthernr

Burnley and strikers on 10:28 - Apr 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Check our Burnley interview this week. Says for the first few games he was trying the budget Beckham routine all over again, then Dyche reigned him in and made him stick to what he was good at. In fairness, when he stuck to that for us, he was good - Chelsea H last season a prime example. His ego, and the total lack of discipline and fawning over big names at QPR, meant it never lasted long.
Burnley and strikers on 17:02 - Apr 29 with 2297 viewskarl

Burnley and strikers on 15:02 - Apr 29 by paulparker

Karl what about the lad Jason Cummings at Hibs ?
saw him in the semi final and the game against Rangers recently and was very impressed
he has a bit of swagger and a lot of confidence , I heard he was out of contract and celtic were in for him, would he be a good asset here ?

Cummings will definitely be a Championship striker and as you say has a cockiness about him where he isn't phased by anything.
He still has 12 month on contract and its Glasgow Rangers who are making noises about signing him but although they are slowly building up funds there is no way they could get involved in a situation where they have to compete with someone and outbid them, they offered iro £100k for Scott Allan and had to back out before the price got near £250k.
Imo Cummings is a pure goalscorer and when he drifts too far away from the box his input to a game diminishes, keep him supplied around the goals and he will score. At the moment he probably needs to get himself stronger and a bit more mobile but if a championship team gave him a partner up front then yes he could do the job next season, his problem is the same as it is for many in the modern game and the role of lone striker.
He isnt particularly fast , athletic or strong and i don't think he can play that role so for now it will be hard for him.
I'd like him to sign an extension and stay at Hibs for a least one more season so that (a) His development is done at Hibs so we benefit from the goals (b) his value should be greater as i think he will get more next season and be a better all round player.
This is only his 2nd full season as he had a serious knee injury and had been working as a gardener only 6 months before his debut so there is much more development in there i'm sure.
Burnley and strikers on 22:00 - Apr 29 with 2184 viewskensalriser

Fulham
Postion: 21st
Highest scorer: 21

Middlesbrough
Position: 1st
Highest scorer: 10

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Burnley and strikers on 11:17 - Apr 30 with 2047 viewsCamberleyR

Burnley and strikers on 15:34 - Apr 29 by QPRDave

Got promoted mainly on Adel's gls

Adel didn't get 20 though, IIRC without looking it up he got 19. There were also significant contributions from Helguson 14 or 15, Mackie I think got in double figures before his broken leg, Tommy Smith and Akos probably also got 5-6 each, Connolly, Gorkss and Hill chipped in too.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Burnley and strikers on 13:34 - Apr 30 with 1963 viewsdistortR

Burnley and strikers on 17:02 - Apr 29 by karl

Cummings will definitely be a Championship striker and as you say has a cockiness about him where he isn't phased by anything.
He still has 12 month on contract and its Glasgow Rangers who are making noises about signing him but although they are slowly building up funds there is no way they could get involved in a situation where they have to compete with someone and outbid them, they offered iro £100k for Scott Allan and had to back out before the price got near £250k.
Imo Cummings is a pure goalscorer and when he drifts too far away from the box his input to a game diminishes, keep him supplied around the goals and he will score. At the moment he probably needs to get himself stronger and a bit more mobile but if a championship team gave him a partner up front then yes he could do the job next season, his problem is the same as it is for many in the modern game and the role of lone striker.
He isnt particularly fast , athletic or strong and i don't think he can play that role so for now it will be hard for him.
I'd like him to sign an extension and stay at Hibs for a least one more season so that (a) His development is done at Hibs so we benefit from the goals (b) his value should be greater as i think he will get more next season and be a better all round player.
This is only his 2nd full season as he had a serious knee injury and had been working as a gardener only 6 months before his debut so there is much more development in there i'm sure.

Working as a gardener, eh?

You'll want to harden him off first
Burnley and strikers on 20:45 - Apr 30 with 1851 viewsQPRDave

Burnley and strikers on 11:17 - Apr 30 by CamberleyR

Adel didn't get 20 though, IIRC without looking it up he got 19. There were also significant contributions from Helguson 14 or 15, Mackie I think got in double figures before his broken leg, Tommy Smith and Akos probably also got 5-6 each, Connolly, Gorkss and Hill chipped in too.

well according to this site Adel got 19..... HH 13 , only two in double figures
Strangely no sign of Tommy Smith

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/championship/2010-11/top-goal-scorers.html
[Post edited 30 Apr 2016 20:48]
Burnley and strikers on 21:37 - Apr 30 with 1823 viewsGroveR

'Striker from Scotland' = 'defender from Newcastle'

I'd get double figures in the SPL.
Burnley and strikers on 22:19 - Apr 30 with 1787 viewsBurnleyhoop

Burnley and strikers on 15:35 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Check our Burnley interview this week. Says for the first few games he was trying the budget Beckham routine all over again, then Dyche reigned him in and made him stick to what he was good at. In fairness, when he stuck to that for us, he was good - Chelsea H last season a prime example. His ego, and the total lack of discipline and fawning over big names at QPR, meant it never lasted long.

Perhaps a lack of management also contributed? Dyche soon put the brakes on his Hollywood passing pap. Players need to respect the manger and his methods, especially those with egos bigger than their pay packets.
Burnley and strikers on 22:42 - Apr 30 with 1774 viewsBoston

Burnley and strikers on 22:19 - Apr 30 by Burnleyhoop

Perhaps a lack of management also contributed? Dyche soon put the brakes on his Hollywood passing pap. Players need to respect the manger and his methods, especially those with egos bigger than their pay packets.

Certainly with egos bigger than the manager.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Burnley and strikers on 00:29 - May 1 with 1747 viewsCamberleyR

Burnley and strikers on 20:45 - Apr 30 by QPRDave

well according to this site Adel got 19..... HH 13 , only two in double figures
Strangely no sign of Tommy Smith

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/championship/2010-11/top-goal-scorers.html
[Post edited 30 Apr 2016 20:48]

The point I was trying to make though was that it wasn't just Adel's goals that got us up, we had significant contributions all over the park in that team, even Rob Hulse notched a couple!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Burnley and strikers on 10:42 - May 1 with 1635 viewsTGRRRSSS

Burnley and strikers on 14:38 - Apr 29 by RANGERS4EVER

I think this is less to do with Austin himself than it is better management and set up than we had under Ramsay .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024