Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565429 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 19:56 - Jul 10 with 5199 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Half decent tv on 19:49 - Jul 10 by danehoop

Guilty admission. Just started watching Sharpe again for the first time in 20 years. Actually holds up surprisingly well as a period piece. Only down side is that I now seem to be spending a lot of my time pausing it when I recognise other people in it who went on to other things (Daniel Craig in most recent episode that I watched).

Are you waiting for Sean Bean to die aswell?
Half decent tv on 10:47 - Jul 12 with 5025 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 19:49 - Jul 10 by danehoop

Guilty admission. Just started watching Sharpe again for the first time in 20 years. Actually holds up surprisingly well as a period piece. Only down side is that I now seem to be spending a lot of my time pausing it when I recognise other people in it who went on to other things (Daniel Craig in most recent episode that I watched).

"Officer's meat is she Sharpy?"

"I like your wife teats Jones and I means to have them 'cos when Obidiah is up, he's up!"

One of my favourite shows ever.

And the theme rocks!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 11:51 - Jul 12 with 4972 viewsTheChef

Anyone watched The Beatles doc on Disney?

Was planning to start it tonight before our subscription runs out.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 12:36 - Jul 12 with 4940 viewsdmm

Half decent tv on 11:51 - Jul 12 by TheChef

Anyone watched The Beatles doc on Disney?

Was planning to start it tonight before our subscription runs out.

Oh yes. Absolutely loved it. It's not only a unique insight into the Beatles but also a great period piece that provides a genuine window into the late 60s.

The 3 films combined make it a long watch but stick with it. It gets better and better as it proceeds.
Half decent tv on 12:47 - Jul 12 with 4930 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 12:36 - Jul 12 by dmm

Oh yes. Absolutely loved it. It's not only a unique insight into the Beatles but also a great period piece that provides a genuine window into the late 60s.

The 3 films combined make it a long watch but stick with it. It gets better and better as it proceeds.

Cheers.

So it's getting better all the time?

Half decent tv on 17:55 - Jul 12 with 4821 viewsRanger_Things

Snowfall 5th series on iPlayer.

The Outlaws series 2 also on iPlayer.
Half decent tv on 08:38 - Jul 13 with 4696 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 12:36 - Jul 12 by dmm

Watched most of Ep 1 last night, I suppose so far not that much is happening but it's just nice to watch them jamming and riffing together.

Main surprise is how dominant McCartney is as the driving force, I expected it to be Lennon but he's much quieter, at least at this point in time. Probably cos of bloomin' Yoko being in his ear the whole time!

The Harrison dynamic is really interesting too - he was the youngest in the group and you feel the others always treated him as such.

Half decent tv on 19:54 - Jul 14 with 4556 viewsLadbrokeR

Have started to get into undeclared war on more 4.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 20:16 - Jul 14 with 4542 viewseastside_r

In the last few days I have watched the last episodes of Secret Army and MASH both on Freeview channels.

Both shows I vaguely remember from childhood but was not generally allowed to stay up to watch.

Both timeless classics.

Bollox to your pay TV.
Half decent tv on 08:00 - Jul 15 with 4470 viewsPhildo

Half decent tv on 08:38 - Jul 13 by TheChef

Watched most of Ep 1 last night, I suppose so far not that much is happening but it's just nice to watch them jamming and riffing together.

Main surprise is how dominant McCartney is as the driving force, I expected it to be Lennon but he's much quieter, at least at this point in time. Probably cos of bloomin' Yoko being in his ear the whole time!

The Harrison dynamic is really interesting too - he was the youngest in the group and you feel the others always treated him as such.

Lennon had sunk into heroin addiction at that time.

Enjoying Black Bird on apple TV at present - its a little like manhunter so far
Half decent tv on 15:11 - Jul 15 with 4357 viewsTheChef

Half decent tv on 08:00 - Jul 15 by Phildo

Lennon had sunk into heroin addiction at that time.

Enjoying Black Bird on apple TV at present - its a little like manhunter so far

Ah yes forgot about the heroin - in Get Back he's just had his 28th birthday yet looks like twenty years older!

Drugs are bad, maaaaaan.

Half decent tv on 10:54 - Jul 17 with 4225 viewsHAYESBOY

First two episodes of Back Bird are good. Will watch third one tonight.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 11:07 - Jul 17 with 4208 viewsSonofpugwash

Half decent tv on 19:54 - Jul 14 by LadbrokeR

Have started to get into undeclared war on more 4.

I got out of it after 10 minutes of the second woke bollocks episode when the "heroine" visits a Climate Change camp.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Half decent tv on 01:45 - Jul 19 with 4045 viewscharmr

The Sea beast on Netflix.
Half decent tv on 07:18 - Jul 19 with 3973 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Watched the first episdode of resident evil and wasn't too impressed, does it get any better.

Enjoying James May 'Our man in Italy'

Looke dit up. lol

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/resident-evil-one-of-netflixs-worst-rated-shows-ever
[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 15:11]

Half decent tv on 08:11 - Jul 19 with 3947 viewsdmm

I finished the Undeclared War series last night and found it something of a mixed bag. I liked the context and concept, plus it was quite clever and imaginative, but the idea of the protagonist being a work experience student was not believable. And, why does there have to be an irrelevant and silly romance side story in so many flims and series?
Half decent tv on 13:08 - Jul 23 with 3783 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Half decent tv on 12:12 - Feb 13 by Mick_S

The stranger: Twisty, turny adaptation of Harlan Coben's book of the same name

Blimus, I recognised the face but didn't realise Katz is Dennis Pennis.

I appreciate I’m a late adopter, but I hit play a couple of days ago and was immediately hooked.

Am now about to start episode 6 (of 8) and it’s brilliant. At this stage, I have no idea let alone a mere inkling of how it’s going to end.

Might be an adaptation of an American writer, but a fantastic British production.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2022 13:08]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Half decent tv on 13:16 - Jul 23 with 3770 viewsLythamR

Half decent tv on 17:55 - Jul 12 by Ranger_Things

Snowfall 5th series on iPlayer.

The Outlaws series 2 also on iPlayer.

Just finished Snowfall, it has got better as it has gone along and is really strong.

Many people are still unaware of what the USA did to its own people and central america, others have swept it into the "history" basket
Half decent tv on 22:36 - Aug 4 with 3509 viewssilverbirch

Watching Seven Seconds on Netflix - Outstanding, so far. Five episodes into it
Half decent tv on 07:43 - Aug 5 with 3429 viewstraininvain

Anyone watching Black Bird on Apple TV?

Six part series about the serial killer Larry Hall. Disturbing to say the least, mainly because it’s a true story. Taron Egerton (next James Bond?) and Paul Walter Hauser both brilliant.
Half decent tv on 08:14 - Aug 5 with 3406 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 22:36 - Aug 4 by silverbirch

Watching Seven Seconds on Netflix - Outstanding, so far. Five episodes into it

That looks good, thanks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 08:16 - Aug 5 with 3395 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Getting to the end of Better Call Saul, which has been superb in every way. Last week's episode was the first merge with Breaking Bad and - I thought - the worse for it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 08:20 - Aug 5 with 3392 viewsR_from_afar

"Big oil versus the world" on the BBC has been fascinating and terrifying in equal measure. The story of 40 wasted years

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 08:40 - Aug 5 with 3370 viewsPhildo

Half decent tv on 07:43 - Aug 5 by traininvain

Anyone watching Black Bird on Apple TV?

Six part series about the serial killer Larry Hall. Disturbing to say the least, mainly because it’s a true story. Taron Egerton (next James Bond?) and Paul Walter Hauser both brilliant.

Just watched the last episode - excellent
Half decent tv on 10:38 - Aug 8 with 3167 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Started the Spanish drama Boundless on Amazon last night and got to episode 4

It's about Ferdinand Magellan's voyage and am enjoying it very much.

Funny as I was thinking of re-reading this the other week which is an excellent book.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024