Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565465 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 18:47 - Mar 2 with 4739 viewsenfieldargh

Rattling thru Tokyo Vice on Iplayer.

Love the Tokyo back drop

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 20:42 - Mar 2 with 4669 viewsHAYESBOY

Black Snow - Aussie series.
Will Trent - US series.

Both very good. Not sure where they will be on normal telly.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 16:12 - Mar 3 with 4416 viewsBluce_Ree

Quite liking Extraordinary. It's about a girl who doesn't have a superpower but in a world where people all do have powers. It's an Irish/UK comedy and genuinely pretty funny.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Half decent tv on 17:51 - Mar 3 with 4364 viewsR_from_afar

Half decent tv on 22:59 - Feb 18 by ChrisNW6

Avoiding social media this weekend (apart from you lovely lot) and ploughing through Slow Horses (pardon the pun). Absolutely superb and Gary Oldman is brilliant.

Also watching The Gold which is also great viewing. Trying to avoid plot spoilers. Not entirely all factually correct but the casting and story is really good.

Yeah, The Gold has been great so far, loving it

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 20:04 - Mar 3 with 4313 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've just started 'Wrong side of the tracks' series 2 and already I'm laughing at the black comedy.

Series 1 was excellent.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 22:16 - Mar 3 with 4250 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Watching 'Alaska Daily' where Swank is a New York journo exiled to, well, Alaska and starts a big case. Starts well. Scenery's great, the case is interesting, some nice side characters, but woah! it's gone sickly saccharine and is now hurtling downhill like a busted luge.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 13:51 - Mar 4 with 3995 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 20:04 - Mar 3 by Metallica_Hoop

I've just started 'Wrong side of the tracks' series 2 and already I'm laughing at the black comedy.

Series 1 was excellent.

It’s good isn’t it. I think what really makes it is how every character is so flawed.
Half decent tv on 14:07 - Mar 4 with 3996 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 13:51 - Mar 4 by Ranger_Things

It’s good isn’t it. I think what really makes it is how every character is so flawed.

Yeah a bit like 'Engrenages' but they are more likeable.

Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 14:18 - Mar 4 with 3974 viewsacricketer

Donkerbos is worth a watch if you can find it. A child serial killer on the loose in the Limpopo Valley.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23061236/
Half decent tv on 01:37 - Mar 13 with 3856 viewsWatfordR

So.

The Luther film on Netflix.

Absolutely preposterous last half hour. Straight into 007 territory. But I loved the series on BBC. And I really enjoyed this.

One thing I missed though, right up to the last few moments. Wouldn't have been the same without it

Half decent tv on 01:39 - Mar 13 with 3850 viewsHAYESBOY

Half decent tv on 01:37 - Mar 13 by WatfordR

So.

The Luther film on Netflix.

Absolutely preposterous last half hour. Straight into 007 territory. But I loved the series on BBC. And I really enjoyed this.

One thing I missed though, right up to the last few moments. Wouldn't have been the same without it

Luther Fallen Sun is way over the top. As you say, shame really as TV Series was really good.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 01:55 - Mar 13 with 3835 viewsWatfordR

Half decent tv on 01:39 - Mar 13 by HAYESBOY

Luther Fallen Sun is way over the top. As you say, shame really as TV Series was really good.

Don't think Luther and the feel of the series belongs outside that Gothamesque London. It's Batman rather than Bond imo.
Half decent tv on 09:07 - Mar 13 with 3767 viewshubble

Started watching Daisy Jones and the Six. I'm telling you this so you don't have to watch it: what a load of old tosh. Looks good and it's a decent premise (I wonder if they got the idea from David Mitchell's (the writer, not the comedian) insanely good book, Utopia Avenue), but the music - which after all, is what this is meant to be all about, is absolutely dire. It's always refreshing when the cast members are actually performing the songs, but this lot can barely play. The drummer is atrocious.

Talking of actors performing songs, I absolutely loved the series Nashville. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too popular among this forum's viewers, but I love a good old Southern romp. They do it so well, and some of the music is brilliant. IMHO, of course.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Half decent tv on 09:51 - Mar 13 with 3728 viewsE17hoop

Just finished The Last of Us. standingovation.gif

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Half decent tv on 15:35 - Mar 13 with 3668 viewsChrisNW6

Farzi on Prime is worth a look. Drama/Comedy set in Mumbai with Slumdog vibes about counterfeiting and money laundering. Visually stunning and a great soundtrack.
Half decent tv on 22:08 - Mar 13 with 3586 viewsTacticalR

Half decent tv on 09:07 - Mar 13 by hubble

Started watching Daisy Jones and the Six. I'm telling you this so you don't have to watch it: what a load of old tosh. Looks good and it's a decent premise (I wonder if they got the idea from David Mitchell's (the writer, not the comedian) insanely good book, Utopia Avenue), but the music - which after all, is what this is meant to be all about, is absolutely dire. It's always refreshing when the cast members are actually performing the songs, but this lot can barely play. The drummer is atrocious.

Talking of actors performing songs, I absolutely loved the series Nashville. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too popular among this forum's viewers, but I love a good old Southern romp. They do it so well, and some of the music is brilliant. IMHO, of course.

Thanks for the warning.

Air hostess clique

Half decent tv on 01:13 - Mar 14 with 3529 viewsLblock

Finished watching The Gold on Saturday night

Brilliant

Few embellishments compared to other books I’ve read on it but a great six parter.
They captured the time very well and it’s pure late 80’s

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 13:07 - Mar 14 with 3418 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I never thought I'd say this as I gave up on it but the first 4 episodes of 'Star Trek Picard' are really good!

I think they sacked the ones responsible for the first 2 and boy does it show.

Half decent tv on 13:57 - Mar 14 with 3360 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 13:07 - Mar 14 by Metallica_Hoop

I never thought I'd say this as I gave up on it but the first 4 episodes of 'Star Trek Picard' are really good!

I think they sacked the ones responsible for the first 2 and boy does it show.

It’s also bloody annoying as they have confirmed it will be the last season just as it got really good.
Half decent tv on 14:05 - Mar 14 with 3358 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 13:57 - Mar 14 by Ranger_Things

It’s also bloody annoying as they have confirmed it will be the last season just as it got really good.

Maybe we'll get a spin off or something.

Half decent tv on 16:21 - Mar 14 with 3303 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 14:05 - Mar 14 by Metallica_Hoop

Maybe we'll get a spin off or something.

Let’s hope so. It would be a shame to lose it completely, we need more decent Sci-fy. I’m still gutted they cancelled The Expanse!
Half decent tv on 09:25 - Mar 15 with 3108 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 13:23 - Jan 17 by Metallica_Hoop

I've only seen the trailer but on thursday "Women of war" is out on Netflix featuring the la rouge francais renarde Audrey Fleurot.

It's set during WW1, it may be romantic and merde but maybe not!

Any update on this, Metallica? Reasonable ratings.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14579330/

Half decent tv on 18:07 - Mar 15 with 2985 viewsRanger_Things

Mo on Netflix. Comedy about a Palestinian refugee in Texas.
Half decent tv on 08:39 - Mar 16 with 2879 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 09:25 - Mar 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Any update on this, Metallica? Reasonable ratings.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14579330/

I haven't finished it yet Brian, a few shows I really wanted to watch came up but the three episodes I saw were good, I'll finish it next and let you know if it's worth sticking with.

Half decent tv on 08:41 - Mar 16 with 2873 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 08:39 - Mar 16 by Metallica_Hoop

I haven't finished it yet Brian, a few shows I really wanted to watch came up but the three episodes I saw were good, I'll finish it next and let you know if it's worth sticking with.

Thanks Metallica.

Mwanwhile Ted Lasso is back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024