Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 565544 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 11:35 - Sep 25 with 3260 viewsdaveB

The Last Shadow on ITV1 tonight is pretty good, drama about the Yorkshire Ripper murders
Half decent tv on 23:28 - Sep 29 with 3070 viewsHAYESBOY

Just watched first two episodes of GenV, a spinoff from The Boys on Amazon.

Its just as mad as The Boys, but very good.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 20:19 - Oct 5 with 2841 viewshubble

Half decent tv on 23:28 - Sep 29 by HAYESBOY

Just watched first two episodes of GenV, a spinoff from The Boys on Amazon.

Its just as mad as The Boys, but very good.

Just as mad, you're not wrong. JeeZUSS it's not for the faint of heart. If you thought The Boys was fairly, um, intense, this takes it to another level. Episode 1 features a scene that, well, let's just say if you're squeamish, dont watch it!

Gen V is probably aimed at a younger audience than The Boys, and YA angst is not really my thing, but as Hayesboy says, it's still very good.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Half decent tv on 20:46 - Oct 5 with 2818 viewsRanger_Things

New Lupin on Netflix.
Half decent tv on 20:55 - Oct 5 with 2797 viewsPeterHucker

Can't remember if I've already mentioned it on this thread or not but anyway....

Deadloch on Amazon Prime, best series I've watched in a long time.

Imagine a cross between a murder mystery and the film Fargo, set in Tasmania with 2 really funny female cops as the central characters. Great dialogue & lots of swearing.
Half decent tv on 01:06 - Oct 6 with 2715 viewsSydneyRs

Maybe/probably mentioned before but I've started watching The Bear. Absolutely superb TV IMHO and brilliantly acted by all concerned.
Half decent tv on 07:59 - Oct 6 with 2663 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 20:46 - Oct 5 by Ranger_Things

New Lupin on Netflix.

Cheers I missed that.

As I posted might as well say, I'm struggling with wheel of Time Series 2. On episode 3 does it get any better?

I'm not sure if its the script or some of the wooden acting (yes Egrane I'm looking at you) even Rosamund Pike and the woman with the wide face look out of sorts.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 8:02]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 08:53 - Oct 6 with 2633 viewsderbyhoop

Just finished binge watching The Woman in the Wall.

The horrors of the Magdalene laundries in 20th century Ireland. If you know, you know.
Ruth Wilson and Daryl McCormack in lead roles but a wonderful cast of characters.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 08:55 - Oct 6 with 2632 viewsjohnhoop

Have a free trial of Apple TV at the moment because of something of theirs we bought and just finished watching “The Crowded Room” which I thought was the best thing I’ve seen for a while.
Half decent tv on 23:04 - Oct 6 with 2485 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 07:59 - Oct 6 by Metallica_Hoop

Cheers I missed that.

As I posted might as well say, I'm struggling with wheel of Time Series 2. On episode 3 does it get any better?

I'm not sure if its the script or some of the wooden acting (yes Egrane I'm looking at you) even Rosamund Pike and the woman with the wide face look out of sorts.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 8:02]

I’m losing interest too. Started on episode 4 but bailed out after 10 minutes, it’s a bit of a slog.
Half decent tv on 23:05 - Oct 6 with 2487 viewsBrianMcCarthy

'Time Team' is back!
Lovely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 01:12 - Oct 7 with 2450 viewsmarkrtid

Welcome to Wrexham
Season Two is a great watch.
Love em or hate them. As a documentry, It isnt about Hollywood money or just THE team. It shines the light on their fanbase. Community, autism and grassroot womens football. I can't begrudge them that.
Its their four year plan. Good luck to them.
Half decent tv on 19:15 - Oct 10 with 2251 viewsRanger_Things

Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount. Just started on 2nd series, decent.
Half decent tv on 19:42 - Oct 10 with 2198 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 01:12 - Oct 7 by markrtid

Welcome to Wrexham
Season Two is a great watch.
Love em or hate them. As a documentry, It isnt about Hollywood money or just THE team. It shines the light on their fanbase. Community, autism and grassroot womens football. I can't begrudge them that.
Its their four year plan. Good luck to them.

Have been avoiding it, because the people recommending it to me (I love them all) have patchy taste in telly and films, but I might give it a go now. That;s a great review, thanks.

Half decent tv on 19:45 - Oct 10 with 2180 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 19:15 - Oct 10 by Ranger_Things

Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount. Just started on 2nd series, decent.

I got very excited as I mixed it up with the superb 'Mare of Easttown' and would love to see a second series of that.

This looks very good too, though. First I've heard of it. Will add it to the list, thanks.

Half decent tv on 20:14 - Oct 10 with 2158 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 19:45 - Oct 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I got very excited as I mixed it up with the superb 'Mare of Easttown' and would love to see a second series of that.

This looks very good too, though. First I've heard of it. Will add it to the list, thanks.

Yep Mayor of Eastown was great. I don’t think there will be a second series though.
Half decent tv on 00:12 - Oct 11 with 2065 viewsSydneyRs

Half decent tv on 20:14 - Oct 10 by Ranger_Things

Yep Mayor of Eastown was great. I don’t think there will be a second series though.

Yeah that seemed like a one off. Great series.
Half decent tv on 09:13 - Oct 11 with 1996 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I finished Lupin in 3 evenings.

Very good again, great acting and very, very slick production.

It's all totally implausible but you find you dont care.

I then watched 'Lost City of Z' which is also really good though a bit long. I'd never heard of Fawcett. I though it was fictional and he was going to find some Zombies on the Amazon.

Interesting story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Fawcett (contains spoilers)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 09:38 - Oct 11 with 1953 viewsChrisNW6

The Bear... Season 2 Episode 6 (Fishes) one of the finest 60mins of television I have seen. Brilliant casting and the cameo by Jamie Lee Curtis was genius.
Half decent tv on 09:56 - Oct 11 with 1929 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Half decent tv on 20:14 - Oct 10 by Ranger_Things

It was great and should be left as a one off. That doesn't happen enough in my book. Commercial pressures I guess.
Half decent tv on 12:03 - Oct 11 with 1881 viewsHAYESBOY

Half decent tv on 08:55 - Oct 6 by johnhoop

Have a free trial of Apple TV at the moment because of something of theirs we bought and just finished watching “The Crowded Room” which I thought was the best thing I’ve seen for a while.

I would say try 'Silo' with Rebecca Ferguson.
'Foundation' an Isaac Asimov book adaptation which Star Wars has borrowed from as well as 'Dune'
'Slow Horses' with Gary Oldman.
'Killer of the Flower Moon', the latest Scorsese will be available on the 20th Oct.
'Severance and 'Black Bird' were good.
'Liason' with Eva Green.

Just a few suggestions.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Half decent tv on 13:15 - Oct 11 with 1826 viewsTheChef

Somewhat late to it but just finished watching Chernobyl - bl00dy brilliant and tragic in equal measure.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 13:19 - Oct 11 with 1814 viewsW13R

Not sure if Black Bird on Apple TV has been mentioned?
Half decent tv on 14:04 - Oct 11 with 1768 viewsR_from_afar

I finally got round to watching the BBC crime series, "Annika". It's well observed and explores people's fears and insecurities, as well as serving up some action.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 15:23 - Oct 11 with 1713 viewsBluce_Ree

Half decent tv on 09:38 - Oct 11 by ChrisNW6

The Bear... Season 2 Episode 6 (Fishes) one of the finest 60mins of television I have seen. Brilliant casting and the cameo by Jamie Lee Curtis was genius.

I wasn't feeling s2 until that episode. It's an absolute banger.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024