Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People Who Might Smell 15:07 - Apr 29 with 13479 viewsDorse

After Brian mentioned Time Team on another thread, it got me thinking: there are certain people on TV etc who look like they might smell. For example, Phil off Time Team.

I would also add Ricky Tomlinson to the list.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

People Who Might Smell on 21:53 - Apr 30 with 2668 viewskarl

People Who Might Smell on 21:48 - Apr 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Karl the Puffin pimp!

Wiping my arse and tour guide, essential skills
People Who Might Smell on 22:02 - Apr 30 with 2655 viewsCiderwithRsie

People Who Might Smell on 21:27 - Apr 30 by karl

Noup Head on the island of Westray is the best bet Moray but that is a 1.5 hour internal ferry, i think there are ones on the small tidal island the Brough of Birsay which is accessed from Mainland Orkney but i'm not sure if they are still there in good numbers.
I was speaking to a friend of mine who is a wildlife artist and he said puffins in Orkney are struggling atm but down in Northumberland they are thriving, no one knows why?
If you fancy meeting for a drink drop me a message and i'll supply the scampi fries

I will say that every closed fish market is a huge loss to a small community and too many people are quick to (literally) turn their nose up at what are old industries, the amount of people who complain the pier smells of fish is mental and especially when they also complain there aren't many fishing boats in the port!

Seriously? People go to a pier and complain it smells of fish?

Then again, I've heard of people moving in round here and complaining that there's a bit of a niff from the pig farm next door, or that they can hear the bells from the sodding great church next to them, that's only been there for about 600 years.
People Who Might Smell on 22:24 - Apr 30 with 2644 viewskarl

People Who Might Smell on 22:02 - Apr 30 by CiderwithRsie

Seriously? People go to a pier and complain it smells of fish?

Then again, I've heard of people moving in round here and complaining that there's a bit of a niff from the pig farm next door, or that they can hear the bells from the sodding great church next to them, that's only been there for about 600 years.

Far too often i'm afraid. We are currently having a problem with a nearby resident complaining of our Spanish lorry running its auxillary engines (airblower, fridge etc) while we load it. She is 45 yr ol,d was born in her house and we have been doing the same thing for 25 years, at what point did this become a problem?
She's manager of the hotel at the top of the pier and she doesn't seem to think the rabble of drunks who congregate at closing time make any noise either.
These things are normally people moving in and not understanding what is required but not always, having smelt of fish all my life i feel i'm being marginalised!
People Who Might Smell on 23:05 - Apr 30 with 2621 viewsCiderwithRsie

People Who Might Smell on 22:24 - Apr 30 by karl

Far too often i'm afraid. We are currently having a problem with a nearby resident complaining of our Spanish lorry running its auxillary engines (airblower, fridge etc) while we load it. She is 45 yr ol,d was born in her house and we have been doing the same thing for 25 years, at what point did this become a problem?
She's manager of the hotel at the top of the pier and she doesn't seem to think the rabble of drunks who congregate at closing time make any noise either.
These things are normally people moving in and not understanding what is required but not always, having smelt of fish all my life i feel i'm being marginalised!

That wouldn't be the Kirkwall Hotel, by any chance? I stayed there back in about 1990 for a night or two.

You might enjoy "Calm at Sunset, Calm at Dawn" by Paul Watkins about fishing off New England; includes a memorable rant about the impossibility of getting rid if the smell of fish however hard you try.
People Who Might Smell on 23:24 - Apr 30 with 2603 viewskarl

People Who Might Smell on 23:05 - Apr 30 by CiderwithRsie

That wouldn't be the Kirkwall Hotel, by any chance? I stayed there back in about 1990 for a night or two.

You might enjoy "Calm at Sunset, Calm at Dawn" by Paul Watkins about fishing off New England; includes a memorable rant about the impossibility of getting rid if the smell of fish however hard you try.

No its the Stromness Hotel, but similar location in that its at the 'Pierhead'. (Built by the same person)
I'm working with live shellfish atm and (imo) smell a lot less but for a good few years i processed salmon and could never get comfortable with the smell, i had the taste on the tip of my tongue all the time. You would have a right good shower be absolutely spotless and in the pub an hour later, temperature slightly rising, you start to sweat the smell of salmon and particularly your hands. Bloody hellish and my pillow always turned orange...
People Who Might Smell on 00:24 - May 1 with 2578 viewskarl

Actually by virtue of this I nominate Annie Lennox, she was a salmon filleter in Aberdeen before finding vocal success, its bound to be still seeping out.
People Who Might Smell on 00:57 - May 1 with 2566 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

People Who Might Smell on 00:24 - May 1 by karl

Actually by virtue of this I nominate Annie Lennox, she was a salmon filleter in Aberdeen before finding vocal success, its bound to be still seeping out.

'Sweet Breams are Made of This'
People Who Might Smell on 10:12 - May 1 with 2489 viewsloftboy

I tell you who does smell, the old git I just sat behind on the 115 from Upton park to canning town, dry stinky piss, had to breathe through my mouth for the entire journey.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

People Who Might Smell on 10:33 - May 1 with 2468 viewsjohncharles

Switchingcode smells of bovril and dust.

Strong and stable my arse.

People Who Might Smell on 11:43 - May 2 with 2355 viewsNov77

clue's in the name

as in 'wee jock poo pong mcplop'

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

People Who Might Smell on 11:52 - May 2 with 2347 viewsisawqpratwcity

On this subject about smell, can I just share something that had had me both amused and appalled for days?

From "The Sarah Silverman Show", she breaks into a song-and-dance number called "Pancakes, Please!", extolling the virtues of said American breakfast staple. It features the following...

"The raw batter smells, just like sperm,
But not when it's cooked, just like sperm."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

People Who Might Smell on 17:42 - May 2 with 2269 viewsPeterHucker

years ago my mate was employed to do some building work on Kate Bush's house. I seem to recall that she lives by the Thames somewhere near Reading.
Her house smells of cat shit apparently.

People Who Might Smell on 14:28 - May 4 with 2136 viewsSINGINGDETECTIVE

Worzel gummidge,

A heady paste of damp straw, crow shite and rats pish with a small hint of aunt sallys dried muff secretions
People Who Might Smell on 13:11 - May 5 with 2067 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024