Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UEFA European Championship 13:23 - May 2 with 1048 viewsderbyhoop

We have 1 spare ticket for 2 of the matches at the Stade Velodrome in Marseille. The 2 matches are Hungary vs Iceland on Sat 18 June and Poland vs Ukraine on Tuesday 21 June. Decent seats at 125 Euros each. At this stage it should still be possible to get cheap flights to the South of France and there are still hotels around the area that aren't overly expensive. If anybody fancies a chance to experience international football in one of France's most interesting cities (and combine it with a short break in the Douth of France) then drop me a message and I'll give you further details.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

UEFA European Championship on 15:45 - May 2 with 981 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The way that UEFA/FIFA price these games when the combatants are not known at the application stage, is reprehensible.

Seriously, 125 Euros for Hungary v Iceland? A game which outside of Budapest and Reykjavik, probably doesn't carry much interest is a rip-off.

I maybe wrong of course and you'll end up fighting interested punters off with a poohy stick, but asking fans to pay that much for a game that if both sides played against each other in the qualifiers would be considerably cheaper and probably wouldn't net a full house, shows football authorities either don't have a clue or, more likely, care a toss about fans.

As I recall Derby, you're living in France, but when you factor in all the associated costs with getting there, back and overnighting, it all mounts up to a tidy sum. Factors, Mon. Platini and his ilk weren't worrying about at the time nor cared about for those that have to consider such factors either.

UEFA/FIFA could easily wait and price accordingly because games like England v Wales would easily see heavy interest and those that might not be so attractive, could be priced accordingly. Hungary, Iceland may well sell out, but I suspect there are lots of folks trying to offload such tickets.

One can only but imagine what nonsense people entertaining the idea of going to Qatar will be expected to put up with. I hope you offload it, but as for these tournaments, pas pour moi mon ami.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

UEFA European Championship on 17:09 - May 2 with 926 viewsGloucs_R

UEFA European Championship on 15:45 - May 2 by PlanetHonneywood

The way that UEFA/FIFA price these games when the combatants are not known at the application stage, is reprehensible.

Seriously, 125 Euros for Hungary v Iceland? A game which outside of Budapest and Reykjavik, probably doesn't carry much interest is a rip-off.

I maybe wrong of course and you'll end up fighting interested punters off with a poohy stick, but asking fans to pay that much for a game that if both sides played against each other in the qualifiers would be considerably cheaper and probably wouldn't net a full house, shows football authorities either don't have a clue or, more likely, care a toss about fans.

As I recall Derby, you're living in France, but when you factor in all the associated costs with getting there, back and overnighting, it all mounts up to a tidy sum. Factors, Mon. Platini and his ilk weren't worrying about at the time nor cared about for those that have to consider such factors either.

UEFA/FIFA could easily wait and price accordingly because games like England v Wales would easily see heavy interest and those that might not be so attractive, could be priced accordingly. Hungary, Iceland may well sell out, but I suspect there are lots of folks trying to offload such tickets.

One can only but imagine what nonsense people entertaining the idea of going to Qatar will be expected to put up with. I hope you offload it, but as for these tournaments, pas pour moi mon ami.

A simple "no thanks" would have done

Poll: Are we staying up?

UEFA European Championship on 17:24 - May 2 with 914 viewsPlanetHonneywood

UEFA European Championship on 17:09 - May 2 by Gloucs_R

A simple "no thanks" would have done

Tremendous - I like the cut of your gib!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

UEFA European Championship on 19:04 - May 2 with 848 viewsderbyhoop

UEFA European Championship on 15:45 - May 2 by PlanetHonneywood

I am living in France at the moment. Came out on Wednesday for some time. 2 mates flying in to Limoges on Thursday June 16 and we will drive from the Limousin to Marseille on the mornings of the matches, even if it does take 8 hours. We've got reasonable hotels booked on the outskirts of Marseille for the nights of the matches.

Agreed 125 Euros is steep for the Saturday game but there are tickets at 25 and 65, as well. I suspect Poland/Ukraine may get a bit tasty on the Tuesday, so should be interesting. One of the things I'd said before I knew we'd got those particular tickets was that I didn't want to go to an England game. I suspect that too many English fans will end up drunk and obnoxious and will show zero respect for the hosts. That's not being prissy, but I'll be living among the French for most of this year and I'd prefer it if we don't have to spend time apologising for the behaviour of some of our own.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024