Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without Polter 19:06 - May 2 with 4752 viewsdavman

...we got NOTHING up front...

I really want to like Washington and agree that he hasn't had much of a crack, but Jimmy's gotta be concerned that without Polter (and some times even with him) that ball just simply doesn't stick down the oppositions end, does it?

It didn't help that we still revert to the hopeful pump up front regardless of who's up top and that isn't Washington's strength, but the ball kept breaking away from us once Seb went off.

Today, Seb was lucky to stay on the pitch as that 4th minute tackle on Barton (although pleasing to see...) was a red all day long.

We go into yet ANOTHER transfer window (around 8 of them by my reckoning) at least two strikers short.

Still, at least we appear to be well covered when Phillips and Hoilett go - Petresso looked good at least even if the jury is still out on El Khayati and Gladwin...

Not an awful performance today as Burnley were lucky - 2 shots on target says it all, but it was inevitable, wasn't it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Without Polter on 19:12 - May 2 with 3543 viewsQPR_Jim

Hopefully we'll change our style of play next season so we'll be able to play Washington up front more effectively.
Without Polter on 19:14 - May 2 with 3521 viewsRuislipHoop

I would like to think so but wouldn't you be trying to play a system now
Without Polter on 19:17 - May 2 with 3491 viewsToast_R

Lets face it, since 2013 we've relied on Charlie Austin for goals. There's been far too few from midfield and the style of play as a whole just don't seem to weald goals.

I think there needs to be a serious back to the drawing board session in the summer. How do they want to team to play and who can the recruit to do it?

I'd like to see some Gigi Di Canio fused with Paulo Sousa kinda sh*t
[Post edited 2 May 2016 19:20]
Without Polter on 19:19 - May 2 with 3476 viewsTacticalR

The only way bringing Washington on is going to work (if Polter's not on) is immediately changing our style of play as soon as he comes on, and that's easier said than done.

Air hostess clique

Without Polter on 19:28 - May 2 with 3414 viewsisawqpratwcity

Lose Phillips and then we don't have to keep wondering when he's going to turn up.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Without Polter on 19:38 - May 2 with 3357 viewsHollowayRanger

when was the last time we had a decent unit of 3 strikers?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Without Polter on 19:53 - May 2 with 3275 viewsbosh67

Polter will improve close season. Chery will be more settled. Washington needs a proper run in pre-season and we need to find a couple more, big out and out strikers. I think we may get one in a few weeks time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Without Polter on 20:14 - May 2 with 3198 viewsBlackCrowe

Without Polter on 19:53 - May 2 by bosh67

Polter will improve close season. Chery will be more settled. Washington needs a proper run in pre-season and we need to find a couple more, big out and out strikers. I think we may get one in a few weeks time.

Much as I want to as i love his effort and the disruption he causes in the oppo box, but I just can't see Polter as the spearhead of a promotion pushing side in Championship. League 1 maybe. But very happy to be proved very wrong.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Without Polter on 20:32 - May 2 with 3136 views08olesen

It all depends on how we play. If we are hoofing it like we did today then i dont understand why we wouldnt play Polter and Washington together in a 442.

If we are playing a 433 then we shouldn't be hoofing it in the first place. I actually felt bad for seb today. Some of the balls he was asked to control were horrendous, i dont think Ibrahimovic would of held them up.

I think we should stick with the 433 because it makes for far better football eventually IMO. But the midfield need to start taking a risk on the ball because we always seem to pass it back to Hall or Hill who just hoofs it aimlessly up field to Polter.

As for another striker. Kane Hemmings has a 250k release clause and has scored 20 for Dundee this year. Still only 25. Would be worth a punt.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Without Polter on 21:11 - May 2 with 3016 viewsWestonsuperR

Surely it's time to admit that Washington is struggling, keep seeing that we should give him a run in the team but that must be 10+ appearances now and no goals. I like the look of him and certainly not giving up on him so early in his career with us but a loan next season may be the answer as really can't see how he could help us get into the top 6.
Without Polter on 21:17 - May 2 with 2981 viewsQPRDave

Without Polter on 19:38 - May 2 by HollowayRanger

when was the last time we had a decent unit of 3 strikers?

Les, Bradley, Penrice/Gallen?
Without Polter on 21:27 - May 2 with 2943 viewsWeaverQPR

Need two first choice forwards

@WeavQPR

Without Polter on 21:29 - May 2 with 2930 viewsStanisgod

Without Polter on 20:14 - May 2 by BlackCrowe

Much as I want to as i love his effort and the disruption he causes in the oppo box, but I just can't see Polter as the spearhead of a promotion pushing side in Championship. League 1 maybe. But very happy to be proved very wrong.

+1

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Without Polter on 21:48 - May 2 with 2882 viewsCamberleyR

Without Polter on 21:17 - May 2 by QPRDave

Les, Bradley, Penrice/Gallen?

Furs, Gallen, Thorpe, Cureton.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Without Polter on 22:22 - May 2 with 2785 viewsNorthernr

Never mind any of this, it took Polter just three minutes today to absolutely hack into the back of Barton. German ancestry has never been a barrier to being king of England before and he gets my vote.
Without Polter on 22:34 - May 2 with 2726 viewsHitch

Without Polter on 22:22 - May 2 by Northernr

Never mind any of this, it took Polter just three minutes today to absolutely hack into the back of Barton. German ancestry has never been a barrier to being king of England before and he gets my vote.

Barton had the last laugh at us though Northern. He told us all how good he was, didn't he. Its like that useless prick you used to work with who marries the bosses daughter and becomes ceo. Cnt.
Without Polter on 22:51 - May 2 with 2663 viewsPunteR

Polter is a menace up front regardless of his football ability. He's definatly a useful player for us. He needs players around him though. I think he would be better in a 442.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Without Polter on 22:56 - May 2 with 2641 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Without Polter on 22:51 - May 2 by PunteR

Polter is a menace up front regardless of his football ability. He's definatly a useful player for us. He needs players around him though. I think he would be better in a 442.

True and he would be even better chained to the bench, feed raw meat and brought on when needed to replace one of the other two, you know, actual strikers.

This being said, if some of our more expensively acquired players of late put as much effort in as he does, we'd be celebrating Chelsea handing us the title tonight!!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Without Polter on 23:21 - May 2 with 2591 viewsPunteR

Without Polter on 22:56 - May 2 by PlanetHonneywood

True and he would be even better chained to the bench, feed raw meat and brought on when needed to replace one of the other two, you know, actual strikers.

This being said, if some of our more expensively acquired players of late put as much effort in as he does, we'd be celebrating Chelsea handing us the title tonight!!!!

Imagin Polter and Diakite on the same pitch together...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Without Polter on 09:03 - May 3 with 2262 viewsDiscodroids

I know this will go down like a high rise Dachau single mother on a 90's Bendover Gonzo scud flick ,but Imo i think were even worse with Him. Polters a great Great character but then so was Arthur Birmingham, my Grandads jewish minder .

Busts his teutonic balls for the team and impeccable attitude . I cannot fault him for his bravery, application , relentless ambition and his unquenchable thirst to succeed.

This is a forum to express opinions and im sorry, but he is what it says on the tin. A Mid ranking Goalkeeper in the mould of Mervyn Day with the heart of a lion and playing as a centre forward. It wouldnt surprise me if he proved me wrong such is his desire and willingness to learn his craft. I just dont think he has the basic tools to be anything more than League one, and i feel thats pushing it a bit.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 9:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Without Polter on 09:13 - May 3 with 2226 viewsmcqpr10

I really like Polter, i think he's doing a great job up top. Never going to bag 20 goals a season but defenders hate playing against him, really winds opposition up. With Washington's runs you would think they would be an ideal partnership and complement each other well but we've not really seen them on the pitch together.

Much will depend on who goes out Hoillet/Phillips. If we play Chery it has to be number 10. Washington drops out. Also i don't think we have the all round central midfielders to play 4 in midfield. We lack dynamism and aggression.
Without Polter on 10:52 - May 3 with 2131 viewsThe_Mole

Do we find ourselves in the same situation as previously with yet another Jamie Mackie?

I think Seb would benefit with another striker up with him; similar to the Dichio/Spencer partnership...

The problem with this though, is our current midfield two need protecting and so probably why we play a 4-2-3-1. If we were to accommodate Polter in a 4-4-2, then we would most definitely need two new midfielders who can do box to box and cover the ground that the no.10 would do normally.
Without Polter on 10:59 - May 3 with 2119 viewsdavman

Without Polter on 10:52 - May 3 by The_Mole

Do we find ourselves in the same situation as previously with yet another Jamie Mackie?

I think Seb would benefit with another striker up with him; similar to the Dichio/Spencer partnership...

The problem with this though, is our current midfield two need protecting and so probably why we play a 4-2-3-1. If we were to accommodate Polter in a 4-4-2, then we would most definitely need two new midfielders who can do box to box and cover the ground that the no.10 would do normally.

You are right, but how comes other teams CAN play two in the centre of midfield and get away with it?

That tells me that we do not have the right two in the middle of the park. You'd kind of think that Luongo and Faurlin should be good enough, but are they PHYSICAL enough? I think that Henry has been undersold on this Forum as he is extremely good at being the physical presence in there; clearly, the rest of his game is limited. In the same way, Faurlin is the best passer / playmaker we have, but his physical presence and stamina are, understandably, also limited.

A real dilemma - do we stick with the 4-4-1-1 and employ a solid lone front man, or do we go for 4-4-2 and employ a central midfield partnership? I think that we have recruited for the first of these two, so that has to be the option, doesn't it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Without Polter on 11:06 - May 3 with 2103 viewswestberksr

I think we are trying to get the right team structure and depending on the formation you have the difficulty that if Chery plays its likely that Washington won't. if that's the case then Chery needs to be right up on TBG's shoulder as Polter knows how to involve those around him (as shown with the knockdown to Phillips y'day and the numerous clever balls for overlapping players)

I'd like to see if we can play 2 up top but then as others have mentioned we don't have adequate legs in centre midfield to still accomodate Chery too.

something for JFH to ponder over the break.

Get Arry back and go 352!
Without Polter on 11:16 - May 3 with 2084 viewspaulparker

Without Polter on 09:03 - May 3 by Discodroids

I know this will go down like a high rise Dachau single mother on a 90's Bendover Gonzo scud flick ,but Imo i think were even worse with Him. Polters a great Great character but then so was Arthur Birmingham, my Grandads jewish minder .

Busts his teutonic balls for the team and impeccable attitude . I cannot fault him for his bravery, application , relentless ambition and his unquenchable thirst to succeed.

This is a forum to express opinions and im sorry, but he is what it says on the tin. A Mid ranking Goalkeeper in the mould of Mervyn Day with the heart of a lion and playing as a centre forward. It wouldnt surprise me if he proved me wrong such is his desire and willingness to learn his craft. I just dont think he has the basic tools to be anything more than League one, and i feel thats pushing it a bit.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 9:06]

Tend to agree with you Disco , I like Polter but he shouldn't be starting every game up top on his own , yes he runs his nuts off but yesterday was a perfect example of what's been the norm
ie hopless punt to Polter to chase with our 3 behind either not supporting or who then go and lose possession when they do get it, if that's the case and if we are going to continue doing that we will need a lot better than polter up top
I like JFH but I don't understand why he hasn't played Polter and Washington together for a run of 3 or 4 games surely it would be beneficial to build a partnership considering they will both be here next season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024