Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kicking off at the Bridge 20:49 - May 2 with 4737 viewsjohncharles

Spurs 2-0 up and lots of handbags.

Strong and stable my arse.

Kicking off at the Bridge on 07:59 - May 3 with 1785 viewsrbsranger

The conventional wisdom that the ref was sensible not booking players early in a big game got blown to pieces here. Had Clattenberg booked Rose for the bad foul in the first 5 minutes, he might have got hold of the game. He let it slide with the commentators doing the usual "good to see the ref keep his cards in his pocket this early in a big game" and never got a hold of the game from then on. Some disgraceful stuff from both teams. In the last ten minutes Tottenham seemed to forget that another goal would keep their hopes alive and decided to go 1990 Cameroon V Argentina with their tackling. Should be a lot of bans being handed out today
Happy that Leicester won it, makes me sad about our near miss in 76... would have preferred Leicester to have won it by hammering the scum at their place on the last day of the season though
Kicking off at the Bridge on 08:13 - May 3 with 1762 viewsElHoop

Spurs lost the title in games like this. When the heat was turned up they tended to lose the plot whereas Leicester kept to the plot even when it kicked off and went a bit wrong for them. It's true that Spurs would have had more games of this nature than Leicester as playing Leicester wasn't a big game for anyone at all, but champions have to deal with it if it happens and Spurs didn't.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 8:13]
Kicking off at the Bridge on 08:50 - May 3 with 1681 viewsJAPRANGERS

Didn't see the game. Doing the sleeping thing. Was it really that bad??
Kicking off at the Bridge on 08:59 - May 3 with 1668 viewswestberksr

Kicking off at the Bridge on 08:50 - May 3 by JAPRANGERS

it was like a hybrid of a Sunday morning park match between 2 pub teams that had a rivalry in the darts and pool leagues, crossed with a typical division 2 Spanish match with all of the diving and histrionics associated with such a breading ground for cheating khunts.

Spuds fukked up massively by trying to do the pantomime villain role against the masters of that particualr dark art. Will be remembered for blowing their chance by trying to out scumbag the champion scumbags and failing.

Was quite entertaining overall; not for the right reasons though.
Kicking off at the Bridge on 09:00 - May 3 with 1665 viewsElHoop

Kicking off at the Bridge on 08:50 - May 3 by JAPRANGERS

Well it was a bit like watching one of those big Spanish games. Lots of handbags - small little handbags.

Most of the successful sides I can think of over the years had a some sneaky types and/or thugs who stood with their toes hanging over the edge of the cliff. I think that you need a bit of that in your team. What Spurs seem to lack is composure under pressure. With that composure they would have been a better side than Leicester this season, but they didn't have it. Is it a youth/growing up thing or do they need a bit more solidity in the head? Probably both.

Leicester are like Forest were when they won the title. At this stage they were better than people ever gave them credit for being. They then won the European Cup for the next two seasons. I'm not saying that Leicester will do that, but they'll bring in a few, as Forest did, and it's no more impossible than winning the league was this time last year.
Kicking off at the Bridge on 09:02 - May 3 with 1659 viewsJAPRANGERS

Kicking off at the Bridge on 08:59 - May 3 by westberksr

it was like a hybrid of a Sunday morning park match between 2 pub teams that had a rivalry in the darts and pool leagues, crossed with a typical division 2 Spanish match with all of the diving and histrionics associated with such a breading ground for cheating khunts.

Spuds fukked up massively by trying to do the pantomime villain role against the masters of that particualr dark art. Will be remembered for blowing their chance by trying to out scumbag the champion scumbags and failing.

Was quite entertaining overall; not for the right reasons though.

Thanks for that westberksr mate!
Wish I'd seen it then!
Kicking off at the Bridge on 09:05 - May 3 with 1648 viewsJAPRANGERS

Kicking off at the Bridge on 09:00 - May 3 by ElHoop

Well it was a bit like watching one of those big Spanish games. Lots of handbags - small little handbags.

Most of the successful sides I can think of over the years had a some sneaky types and/or thugs who stood with their toes hanging over the edge of the cliff. I think that you need a bit of that in your team. What Spurs seem to lack is composure under pressure. With that composure they would have been a better side than Leicester this season, but they didn't have it. Is it a youth/growing up thing or do they need a bit more solidity in the head? Probably both.

Leicester are like Forest were when they won the title. At this stage they were better than people ever gave them credit for being. They then won the European Cup for the next two seasons. I'm not saying that Leicester will do that, but they'll bring in a few, as Forest did, and it's no more impossible than winning the league was this time last year.

Thanks for your reply Elhoop! Gotta try to find a re-run of this game on the sports channels of our cable TV.
Kicking off at the Bridge on 09:54 - May 3 with 1603 viewsdaveB

If I was a Chelsea fan I'd be asking why they haven't shown that much effort all season, Hazzard was like a man possessed, of course after wondering that I'd shoot myself for the good of the planet
Login to get fewer ads

Kicking off at the Bridge on 09:55 - May 3 with 1598 viewsdaveB

Kicking off at the Bridge on 07:59 - May 3 by rbsranger

The conventional wisdom that the ref was sensible not booking players early in a big game got blown to pieces here. Had Clattenberg booked Rose for the bad foul in the first 5 minutes, he might have got hold of the game. He let it slide with the commentators doing the usual "good to see the ref keep his cards in his pocket this early in a big game" and never got a hold of the game from then on. Some disgraceful stuff from both teams. In the last ten minutes Tottenham seemed to forget that another goal would keep their hopes alive and decided to go 1990 Cameroon V Argentina with their tackling. Should be a lot of bans being handed out today
Happy that Leicester won it, makes me sad about our near miss in 76... would have preferred Leicester to have won it by hammering the scum at their place on the last day of the season though

Ref had no chance, 22 players all trying to cheat and con the man all game, was ridiculous. he could have sent about 5 off but then he'd have got the same stick that Jon Moss got for making a decsion
Kicking off at the Bridge on 11:36 - May 3 with 1486 viewsDeepcutHoop

Kicking off at the Bridge on 09:55 - May 3 by daveB

Ref had no chance, 22 players all trying to cheat and con the man all game, was ridiculous. he could have sent about 5 off but then he'd have got the same stick that Jon Moss got for making a decsion

If he'd manned up and sent off the first player that deserved it, it was far less likely to descend into chaos tbf.
Kicking off at the Bridge on 11:51 - May 3 with 1460 viewsdaveB

Kicking off at the Bridge on 11:36 - May 3 by DeepcutHoop

If he'd manned up and sent off the first player that deserved it, it was far less likely to descend into chaos tbf.

and then he'd be accused of ruining the game etc. he tried to treat the players like adults but they were determined to continue cheating, Spurs lost their heads second half and bottled it completely, compare their reaction at 2-2 to Leicester when they went 2-1 down to West Ham. Both had cases to feel the ref had cost them but Leicester got on with it and tried to win the game. Spurs spent 10 minutes trying to kick people
Kicking off at the Bridge on 18:11 - May 3 with 1307 viewsQPRDave

Kicking off at the Bridge on 22:18 - May 2 by DeepcutHoop

Except Spurs stopped trying to win the game in the last ten minutes and started kicking people.

That's not hard, or passionate, it's brainless.

Spurs were at it from the start, nonsensical.

Chelsea are always like it tbf, they're scumbags.

well it happens in the heat of battle, not everyone all the time can keep their cool, it's passion, emotion,.
It happens, Spurs players knew the title was blown and reacted to the atmosphere, it's how football used to be before the game became non-contact
[Post edited 3 May 2016 21:21]
Kicking off at the Bridge on 18:13 - May 3 with 1305 viewsQPRDave

Kicking off at the Bridge on 22:16 - May 2 by switchingcode

That's how I saw it too,passion?its plain cheating

who cares what you think
Kicking off at the Bridge on 18:55 - May 3 with 1238 viewsStanisgod

Mark Dennis would have loved !! Apparently the dirtiest prem game ever with 12 bookings , we're 8th v Scum in 2011 , although ours had 2 reds so I think we win 😜.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Kicking off at the Bridge on 20:14 - May 3 with 1176 viewsDeepcutHoop

Kicking off at the Bridge on 11:51 - May 3 by daveB

and then he'd be accused of ruining the game etc. he tried to treat the players like adults but they were determined to continue cheating, Spurs lost their heads second half and bottled it completely, compare their reaction at 2-2 to Leicester when they went 2-1 down to West Ham. Both had cases to feel the ref had cost them but Leicester got on with it and tried to win the game. Spurs spent 10 minutes trying to kick people

True, but the people who accuse refs of ruining games by getting decisions right are not really thinking it through. And for damn sure rules should not be applied differently just because the game is 'important'.

If that game had been ruined by red cards happening it would be the players fault. As it was Clattenburg was as much to blame for the game getting away from him as the players were.
Kicking off at the Bridge on 21:07 - May 3 with 1082 viewsjohncharles

Kicking off at the Bridge on 20:14 - May 3 by DeepcutHoop

True, but the people who accuse refs of ruining games by getting decisions right are not really thinking it through. And for damn sure rules should not be applied differently just because the game is 'important'.

If that game had been ruined by red cards happening it would be the players fault. As it was Clattenburg was as much to blame for the game getting away from him as the players were.

Got to disagree, Clattenberg was at his best and kept control in very difficult circumstances. Another ref would have lost it with red cards and fights all over. Clattenberg kept the game moving and saw it through to the end. Things that happened in the tunnel after and some of the stuff that happened off the ball ? You can't blame him for that. Can't believe it but I'm going to agree with John (pass the mouthwash) Terry. It was a full blooded English game. No quarter asked, no quarter given.

Kicking off at the Bridge on 22:02 - May 3 with 1027 viewsDeepcutHoop

Kicking off at the Bridge on 21:07 - May 3 by johncharles

Got to disagree, Clattenberg was at his best and kept control in very difficult circumstances. Another ref would have lost it with red cards and fights all over. Clattenberg kept the game moving and saw it through to the end. Things that happened in the tunnel after and some of the stuff that happened off the ball ? You can't blame him for that. Can't believe it but I'm going to agree with John (pass the mouthwash) Terry. It was a full blooded English game. No quarter asked, no quarter given.

Red card offences went unpunished with red cards. That's bad officiating. He did lose it, and their were fights everywhere. He could have stopped all that if he'd been firmer early on.

Full-blooded and old-fashioned it may have been in the tackling., it was also reckless and dangerous especially in the last few minutes. If it had been our players we would have been demanding something was done.

And there's nothing to be said in defence of kicking an opponent on the ground, a grown man pinching another, eye-gouging, faking injuries, hand-stamping, being overly aggressive to the ref, throwing blood and snot at another player, studs-up challenges, those ridiculous pushy-headbutts.

Entertaining and ridiculous yes, but good refereeing? No chance.

Agreeing with John Terry ffs
Kicking off at the Bridge on 08:50 - May 4 with 907 viewsterryb

IMO the only decision that Clattenburg really got wrong was not stopping the game & senging off Dier.

You could make an argument for other sending offs, especially Rose could have received two yellows, but you could also argue in favour of his decisions.

He refereed this game as he had the Atletico- Bayern game the previous week & he (rightly) received praise all around the world for that performance. As did the Turkish referee at City last Tuesday.
Kicking off at the Bridge on 10:12 - May 4 with 870 viewsjohncharles

Kicking off at the Bridge on 22:02 - May 3 by DeepcutHoop

Red card offences went unpunished with red cards. That's bad officiating. He did lose it, and their were fights everywhere. He could have stopped all that if he'd been firmer early on.

Full-blooded and old-fashioned it may have been in the tackling., it was also reckless and dangerous especially in the last few minutes. If it had been our players we would have been demanding something was done.

And there's nothing to be said in defence of kicking an opponent on the ground, a grown man pinching another, eye-gouging, faking injuries, hand-stamping, being overly aggressive to the ref, throwing blood and snot at another player, studs-up challenges, those ridiculous pushy-headbutts.

Entertaining and ridiculous yes, but good refereeing? No chance.

Agreeing with John Terry ffs

Come on, it was mostly hand bags and very poor acting. Was anyone injured ?

Kicking off at the Bridge on 16:17 - May 4 with 772 viewsCanadaRanger

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36206648

Charges pending.

Eye gouge!
Kicking off at the Bridge on 18:46 - May 4 with 722 viewsjohncharles

Kicking off at the Bridge on 16:17 - May 4 by CanadaRanger

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36206648

Charges pending.

Eye gouge!

Absolutely shocking. ... acting
Costa's left eye was so badly gouged he staggered back clutching his right eye.

Kicking off at the Bridge on 00:22 - May 5 with 681 viewsPommyhoop

I enjoyed it. An old school blood and guts London Derby.
[Post edited 5 May 2016 0:23]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024