Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe standing at celtic from next season 21:57 - May 4 with 943 viewsHayesender

Celtic safe standing plans to go ahead from next season - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36205523

Would love to see the loft or paddocks return to standing area's

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Safe standing at celtic from next season on 22:41 - May 4 with 913 viewsbosh67

It has been deployed in Germany for years and has been completely safe. Introduce this at Loftus Road and we could raise the capacity to over 20,000.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Safe standing at celtic from next season on 22:58 - May 4 with 887 viewsOakR

Safe standing at celtic from next season on 22:41 - May 4 by bosh67

It has been deployed in Germany for years and has been completely safe. Introduce this at Loftus Road and we could raise the capacity to over 20,000.

Is that true? I thought safe standing effectively meant you still technically needed a seat for each person, so didn't think the capacity increased - I may well be wrong!

Would still love it myself either way.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Safe standing at celtic from next season on 23:15 - May 4 with 874 viewskarl

Just for context on the scale of it in their ground.
Important point to note is that the Act which was passed after the Taylor Report for all seater stadia is not law in Scotland, we just followed the general opinion of the public of that time. Celtic (I think) just had to get local Council approval whereas i'm sure in England there will have to be a Parliament Act changed so i think there will be a little while yet before this is seen in EPL. I do think Bristol City were doing something like this though and should they get promoted will likely just insist they are used as seats in the same way the Germans do for Euro competitions.
There will be an official figure but Dortmunds main 'terrace' behind the goals holds a lot more in safe standing than it does in Euro Cup using seating to part answer the capacity question.
Safe standing at celtic from next season on 23:17 - May 4 with 872 viewsHollowayRanger

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Safe standing at celtic from next season on 23:29 - May 4 with 860 viewskarl

Safe standing at celtic from next season on 23:17 - May 4 by HollowayRanger

You'll have your reasons Holloway but you know it will be nothing like what happened there.
In fact after watching Scotland vs RoI in qualifiers the exit areas outside Parkhead were terrible and unfortunately a poor lad fell down the stairwell to his death due to the low railing and log jam/crush there was. I've seen similar in the street immediately outside Hampden where stupid/ignorant/arsehole police were blocking side streets and in the ensuing crush children had to be held aloft and passed over to the outside.
Its the way crowds are handled that is key, i think that was judged to be the main point in the stadium you have referenced
Safe standing at celtic from next season on 23:34 - May 4 with 852 viewsHayesender

Safe standing at celtic from next season on 23:17 - May 4 by HollowayRanger

Terracing didn't kill anyone that day. Being penned in like animals did

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Safe standing at celtic from next season on 23:37 - May 4 with 845 viewsdaveB

Safe standing at celtic from next season on 23:34 - May 4 by Hayesender

Terracing didn't kill anyone that day. Being penned in like animals did

The inquest proves that as well yet still people buy into the bollocks about terracing being part of the problem. Safe standing should have been brought in years ago to England but will probably never happen
Safe standing at celtic from next season on 02:09 - May 5 with 804 viewsBoston

With a tea bar please.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Queen+of+the+South+Football+Club+Limited/@55.0

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024