Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Argument Over 15:25 - May 15 with 17831 viewsDorse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36295208

What. A. Tool.

Just handed the oppo everything they could ever have asked for.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Brexit Argument Over on 13:57 - May 17 with 2330 viewsFredManRave

Brexit Argument Over on 13:31 - May 17 by 1BobbyHazell

Significant in the sense that the Masters of the World Economic Illusion ( you know the ones that have manufactured the impossible and yet depressingly accepted situation where the whole world, no less, is apparently in debt to institutions that they own) know that centralised control makes the maintenance and even furtherance of such debt slavery far easier to ensure.

As I always ask, who are we in debt to and how was that possible?

If only there was a video somewhere that could explain it all for us?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Brexit Argument Over on 14:06 - May 17 with 2317 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit Argument Over on 13:57 - May 17 by FredManRave

I hoped you'd appreciate its absence. Although f*ck you anyway...
[Post edited 17 May 2016 14:08]
Brexit Argument Over on 14:11 - May 17 with 2298 viewsFredManRave

Brexit Argument Over on 14:06 - May 17 by 1BobbyHazell

I hoped you'd appreciate its absence. Although f*ck you anyway...
[Post edited 17 May 2016 14:08]

It was tongue in cheek, Bobby, so I'll take your "fúck you" and raise you a big man hug.

I've got the Power.

Brexit Argument Over on 14:14 - May 17 with 2291 viewsBucksRanger

Listen to Daniel Hannan. This video will explain the reasons for leaving.

Brexit Argument Over on 14:17 - May 17 with 2281 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit Argument Over on 14:11 - May 17 by FredManRave

It was tongue in cheek, Bobby, so I'll take your "fúck you" and raise you a big man hug.

I hope you know my 'f*ck you' was purely in jest Fred. I considered putting a wink emoticon at the end but I always think they show a lack of commitment and faith!
Brexit Argument Over on 14:43 - May 17 with 2246 viewsFredManRave

Brexit Argument Over on 14:17 - May 17 by 1BobbyHazell

I hope you know my 'f*ck you' was purely in jest Fred. I considered putting a wink emoticon at the end but I always think they show a lack of commitment and faith!

That's good to know. I was worried I wasn't receiving the famous Bobby Love.

As you were.

In or out etc etc...

I've got the Power.

Brexit Argument Over on 15:15 - May 17 with 2220 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Argument Over on 13:24 - May 17 by stumbleandfall

The problem is (much like those on this board) the outers shout longer and louder.

Many more outers working hard supplied with crib sheets to use on public forums such as these. It makes their presence seem much larger than it is.

Outers are mainly an English phenomenon.

Remain will win fairly confortably.

Farage is already getting his excuses in.
[Post edited 17 May 2016 13:27]

I havnt got a crib sheet . I dont need one .

I have researched it , take an interest in it and yes I am passionate about it .

Remain will win easily? , easy money then stick 10k on it . post your slip on here so we know you are genuine and enjoy booking a nice holiday on the 24th June .

Remember the election and the shy Torys that skewed the polls ? Those people voted Tory in the end because they wanted this referendum , they are still there and IMO ready to vote out .

Whenever these institutions come out with the scare stories just spend a little time researching them , how they are funded , who they answer to and whose tune they dance to . Are they independent or under pressure ?

When an individual comes out for remain just research where they are paid from , where their next job may be , who they draw a pension from and crucially did they want us to join the single currency . Are they speaking from self interest or have displayed poor judgment about the EU previously ?

Not many pass these tests

The remain camp have thrown absolutely everything at this , there is only the Pope to go , and guess what , the polls are moving away from them point by point .

I dont hear excuses from Farage . Whatever he is he knows this subject like no one else . Cameron wont head on head debate with him because he would be ripped a new one .

Watch Brexit the movie , its on you tube . You wont see it on television . Remember my point about institutions and who they dance to ?

You make the point about English , whats wrong with that ? If the Scots vote Remain they deserve another Independence vote

Then they can choose EU or UK
Brexit Argument Over on 15:16 - May 17 with 2219 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Brexit Argument Over on 13:06 - May 17 by R_from_afar

... but interestingly, no organisation has come out and said leaving will be good for the economy. Not one. That has to be significant.

RFA

Boris, Nigel they're all institutions who've come out and said we should leave the EU.

And if they are not institutions, then they should jolly well be in one!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Argument Over on 15:17 - May 17 with 2218 viewsessextaxiboy

Watch Brexit the movie , its very professionally done .

Some of the statstics about waste are mind boggling . I havnt heard one Remainer try to pull it apart and thats because they are scared stiff that too many will watch it .
[Post edited 17 May 2016 15:20]
Brexit Argument Over on 15:55 - May 17 with 2167 viewsDiscodroids

Brexit Argument Over on 15:15 - May 17 by essextaxiboy

I have researched it , take an interest in it and yes I am passionate about it .

Remain will win easily? , easy money then stick 10k on it . post your slip on here so we know you are genuine and enjoy booking a nice holiday on the 24th June .

Remember the election and the shy Torys that skewed the polls ? Those people voted Tory in the end because they wanted this referendum , they are still there and IMO ready to vote out .

Whenever these institutions come out with the scare stories just spend a little time researching them , how they are funded , who they answer to and whose tune they dance to . Are they independent or under pressure ?

When an individual comes out for remain just research where they are paid from , where their next job may be , who they draw a pension from and crucially did they want us to join the single currency . Are they speaking from self interest or have displayed poor judgment about the EU previously ?

The remain camp have thrown absolutely everything at this , there is only the Pope to go , and guess what , the polls are moving away from them point by point .

I dont hear excuses from Farage . Whatever he is he knows this subject like no one else . Cameron wont head on head debate with him because he would be ripped a new one .

Watch Brexit the movie , its on you tube . You wont see it on television . Remember my point about institutions and who they dance to ?

You make the point about English , whats wrong with that ? If the Scots vote Remain they deserve another Independence vote

You Englishman. Hang your head in Shame.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Brexit Argument Over on 16:05 - May 17 with 2148 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit Argument Over on 15:17 - May 17 by essextaxiboy

Watch Brexit the movie , its very professionally done .

Some of the statstics about waste are mind boggling . I havnt heard one Remainer try to pull it apart and thats because they are scared stiff that too many will watch it .
[Post edited 17 May 2016 15:20]

Good film, convincing even, but I threw the towel in at 6 mins in due to the inclusion of that uber clunge McKenzie. If the knut told me the sun was shining I would have to stick my head out the door to check. Utter waste of a half decent non-hysterical production.

Go and watch the previous Guv'nor of the Bank of England piece 'keep calm' on you tube. Wipes the floor with that.

If you have to use McKenzie for your answers then you've got the question wrong. Simple as that. The man needs hanging.
Brexit Argument Over on 16:06 - May 17 with 2147 viewsPunteR

I try and stay away from politics and just go the flow best i can, but truth be told i'm now leaning towards out.
There i said it.
Am i even on the right thread?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Brexit Argument Over on 16:36 - May 17 with 2119 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I'm three parts out, one part in.

OUT

1. The notion of close ties with neighbours and a common trading zone is a good idea and that's what we joined up to. I remain to be convinced that what the EU has evolved into is really the best for such a brilliant continent as ours.

- Such institutions often become self-serving and unaccountable entities;
- The sheer fiasco and misery that has befallen many from the efforts to create a common currency - it was so obviously doomed to fail and in my mind, it questions the validity of it all;
- The madness that any policies require all 28, soon to be 33, countries to all agree seems to me to be one where an awful lot of 'waste' is encountered.
- I do think autonomy is better.

I read stuff like, outside the EU our security will be compromised. That's utter garbage! We will continue to work together as its in everyone's best interests.

Recent internet pieces entitled 'What has the EU ever done for us?' before going on to list laws etc. claimed to be solely as a result of being in the EU. We weren't in the EU when we drafted the Magna Carta in 1215 and prior to the harmonising of laws taking a pace in the 90s, we'd long since established anti-discrimination legislation in the 70s. The protection of workers transferred to new business owners was created long before the EU directives. I agree harmonising has brought more laws but that is not to say that we wouldn't have already done so given our own jurisprudence and much of the so called European Human Rights are not as a result of the EU, but due to our membership of the Council of Europe.

2. Germany - its been said to me by a non-British EU official, that we should be wary of their intentions to dominate. Citing as this person did, lengths gone to, so as to allow recent succession countries in despite obvious concerns about their readiness and thus, Germany seen as their friend. The influence it has over other EU nations is huge and don't think the deal Cameron came back with is legally water-tight either.

3. Where will it all end? - Seeing how the EU has grown merely adds fuel to my concern that we're being steered towards a one-size fits all homogenous state as envisioned by Orwell in '1984'.

IN

1. Just look at the f.....s leading the Brexit campaign and its enough to make you go cap in hand to Berlin and beg Frau Merkel to give you asylum. Wouldn't trust any of them.

Utterly hopeless campaigns built solely on fear and jingoism. One day Osbourne tells us we're doomed and the world will ignore us, next day Lagarde saying if we leave, the whole world could go into meltdown, because we're so intrinsic to the global economy. Which is it?

I expect between now and 23 June all manner of trickery, more farcical facts based on fiction and do not be too surprised if we get a few terrorist alerts to heighten things as well. With Slippery Dave telling us that if we were out, we'd be more of a target for extremists.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brexit Argument Over on 19:33 - May 17 with 2067 viewsstumbleandfall

Brexit Argument Over on 15:15 - May 17 by essextaxiboy

You are my favourite outer on this board. Working your tail off. I do wonder how many boards you post on.

Don't have £10k, let alone put a bet on for that amount. I'll say this Remain will be somewhere between 56-62%. You might say I'm hedging but you can publicly remind me if I'm wrong. If there is a betting site where you can make a bet similar to this and odds are acceptable and I will put £50 on that.

Farage is getting desperate. Leading a disparate, dishevelled, highly dysfunctional and divided party. That man NEEDS the Brussels gravy train. Has a nice lifestyle in sleepy Western to pay for.
Brexit Argument Over on 19:36 - May 17 with 2065 viewsstumbleandfall

Brexit Argument Over on 15:55 - May 17 by Discodroids

You Englishman. Hang your head in Shame.

Very happily English myself.

It is a valid point. The UK has four constituent parts. 3 are likely to highly favour remain and 1 possibly not. It's a constitutional mess waiting to happen.

All the public outer (except Hoey and she's ga-ga) are English. We never hear other voices. What are the possible ramifications of this?
Brexit Argument Over on 20:51 - May 17 with 1649 viewsderbyhoop

This is the most important decision we will take for a generation and the level of debate has been shockingly poor. Whatever decision is taken, we will need to live with the consequences for years to come.

Economically, there is only 1 way to vote and that is Remain. All the leading experts say that, if the UK were to leave, then the economy would shrink. Typical economists cannot/will not come up with a definitive figure but a range from 1% fall to 9.8%. And the downturn could last 3-5 years, dependent on any deals negotiated with the other 27. Any such fall would fall hardest on the ordinary working families. The benefits of easier trade and free movement are not apparent to many people.

There are other reasons, primarily immigration, why people might want to vote leave and, as the vast majority, are unlikely to be swayed by the experts I think its going to be a close result.

IF, the UK votes out, I cannot see how Cameron can survive for more than a few months. If, as expected, Scotland and Wales vote heavily in favour of Remain, a constitutional crisis is a distinct possibility. So, with no economic plan in place by the Leave campaign, we could be hit by a financial, political and constitutional crisis.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Brexit Argument Over on 21:32 - May 17 with 1621 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Argument Over on 20:51 - May 17 by derbyhoop

This is the most important decision we will take for a generation and the level of debate has been shockingly poor. Whatever decision is taken, we will need to live with the consequences for years to come.

Economically, there is only 1 way to vote and that is Remain. All the leading experts say that, if the UK were to leave, then the economy would shrink. Typical economists cannot/will not come up with a definitive figure but a range from 1% fall to 9.8%. And the downturn could last 3-5 years, dependent on any deals negotiated with the other 27. Any such fall would fall hardest on the ordinary working families. The benefits of easier trade and free movement are not apparent to many people.

There are other reasons, primarily immigration, why people might want to vote leave and, as the vast majority, are unlikely to be swayed by the experts I think its going to be a close result.

IF, the UK votes out, I cannot see how Cameron can survive for more than a few months. If, as expected, Scotland and Wales vote heavily in favour of Remain, a constitutional crisis is a distinct possibility. So, with no economic plan in place by the Leave campaign, we could be hit by a financial, political and constitutional crisis.

Leading experts as in Goldman Sachs shills.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit Argument Over on 21:45 - May 17 with 1608 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Argument Over on 20:51 - May 17 by derbyhoop

Please dont think I accept your argument economically ....,but... in a "once in a lifetime" decision like this couldnt we accept a step or two backwards if in the long and even longer term it meant a better life for our kids and grandchildren ? .
Thats who I am voting for not me

The same economists that you quote concede that Leave would mean higher wages and lower food prices , how is that not of benefit to ordinary working families ?

I voted for Cameron but if we vote leave I want him gone by teatime on the 24th . He needs to feel some pain for the shameful way he has conducted himself . And it should be pointed out that Osborne and May backed the wrong horse and shouldnt stand for leader.

There are 12% undecided , but of that 12% immigration is top issue for 85% the economy is on 12% . That sort of gives me confidence but I prefer to argue for Leave without touching immigration .
Brexit Argument Over on 21:51 - May 17 with 1595 viewsbillericaydicky

Brexit Argument Over on 21:45 - May 17 by essextaxiboy

Please dont think I accept your argument economically ....,but... in a "once in a lifetime" decision like this couldnt we accept a step or two backwards if in the long and even longer term it meant a better life for our kids and grandchildren ? .
Thats who I am voting for not me

The same economists that you quote concede that Leave would mean higher wages and lower food prices , how is that not of benefit to ordinary working families ?

I voted for Cameron but if we vote leave I want him gone by teatime on the 24th . He needs to feel some pain for the shameful way he has conducted himself . And it should be pointed out that Osborne and May backed the wrong horse and shouldnt stand for leader.

There are 12% undecided , but of that 12% immigration is top issue for 85% the economy is on 12% . That sort of gives me confidence but I prefer to argue for Leave without touching immigration .

Hear hear!
Brexit Argument Over on 21:53 - May 17 with 1593 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Argument Over on 19:33 - May 17 by stumbleandfall

You are my favourite outer on this board. Working your tail off. I do wonder how many boards you post on.

Don't have £10k, let alone put a bet on for that amount. I'll say this Remain will be somewhere between 56-62%. You might say I'm hedging but you can publicly remind me if I'm wrong. If there is a betting site where you can make a bet similar to this and odds are acceptable and I will put £50 on that.

Farage is getting desperate. Leading a disparate, dishevelled, highly dysfunctional and divided party. That man NEEDS the Brussels gravy train. Has a nice lifestyle in sleepy Western to pay for.

Thanks , I dont post anywhere else , this is my own little crusade (Sorry Clive) .

The bet line was silly, apologies for that . Farage and Johnson are flawed but they are characters and like or loathe them they are interesting and get people behind them .
Johnson (a Tory) won in London twice . That shows you that he has appeal .

Farage is the reason this whole thing is happening so credit to him for that

The remain side has suits , the establishment and no flair .
Brexit Argument Over on 21:58 - May 17 with 1592 viewsBoston

3-5 years, most big business's would consider that a short term position.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Brexit Argument Over on 22:01 - May 17 with 1587 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Argument Over on 21:58 - May 17 by Boston

3-5 years, most big business's would consider that a short term position.

Carney yesterday said his doom and gloom was only referring to the immediate effect of an out vote
(I Think ....I was at the gym so reading subtitles)
Brexit Argument Over on 22:16 - May 17 with 1568 viewskomradkirk

In Northern Ireland opinion appears to be confused going on soundings from the main parties.
Unionist favour OUT
Nationalists favour IN

Initially i was strongly in favour of out then i was weighing up the in options but i would struggle to agree with Cameron on what day it was.

confused loyalist socialist....i may need to start my own party...just what we need.
Brexit Argument Over on 23:41 - May 17 with 1511 viewsjohncharles

Brexit Argument Over on 21:32 - May 17 by TheBlob

Leading experts as in Goldman Sachs shills.

FFS I've given you a down arrow. Oops

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit Argument Over on 07:37 - May 18 with 1413 viewsdaveB

Brexit Argument Over on 21:53 - May 17 by essextaxiboy

Thanks , I dont post anywhere else , this is my own little crusade (Sorry Clive) .

The bet line was silly, apologies for that . Farage and Johnson are flawed but they are characters and like or loathe them they are interesting and get people behind them .
Johnson (a Tory) won in London twice . That shows you that he has appeal .

Farage is the reason this whole thing is happening so credit to him for that

The remain side has suits , the establishment and no flair .

characters is one word for them, i think another word beginning with c sums them up better.

You've got those 2 on one side and Gove & Cameron on the other, no wonder so many are finding it hard to get interested in this. 4 absolute tosspots

Boris does a brilliant job of playing the buffoon but it's hard to take anything he says seriously. I think both sides need to really up their game to win support of people like me who really don't know which way to vote
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024