Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Argument Over 15:25 - May 15 with 17835 viewsDorse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36295208

What. A. Tool.

Just handed the oppo everything they could ever have asked for.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Brexit Argument Over on 19:03 - May 18 with 1194 viewsFredManRave

At least we have a winner for the most misleading post title of the year.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Brexit Argument Over on 19:05 - May 18 with 1190 viewsjohncharles

Brexit Argument Over on 18:35 - May 18 by HollowayRanger

NOTICE how quiet the EU has been of late

waiting till we sign our country away then shafting us with yet more rules and demands

Win or lose. Out or remain. If we vote to leave they'll double shaft us just for hell of it.

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit Argument Over on 19:05 - May 18 with 1189 viewsQPR_Jim

Brexit Argument Over on 16:49 - May 18 by daveB

don't we have european elections to have our say in the EU, no one ever seems to vote in these though which is why idiots like Farage get in

We have 73 MEP's apparently and the MEP's from other member states are also elected by their country. I don't get this whole unelected Brussels stuff, as if because it's not packed with British members they are somehow not elected. It's like piping up saying the UK government is unelected because i only voted for my local MP and the rest weren't voted for by me so therefore don't count.

In fact I would argue it is a more democratic process as it has the transferable vote.
Brexit Argument Over on 19:22 - May 18 with 1156 viewsstumbleandfall

I'm not really for or against brexit, just despise the figures most vocal for it.

I'm prepared to spread some good EU news stories.

Portugal kept its lights on with renewable energy alone for four consecutive days last week in a clean energy milestone. Electricity consumption in the country was fully covered by solar, wind and hydro power in an extraordinary 107-hour run that lasted from 6.45am on Saturday 7 May until 5.45pm the following Wednesday, the analysis says creating zero emissions. Portugal’s clean energy surge has been spurred by the EU’s renewable targets for 2020.

Brilliant news. Cheers my heart there is hope for us yet. Strongly believe alliances such as the EU make this possible.
[Post edited 18 May 2016 19:23]
Brexit Argument Over on 19:27 - May 18 with 1141 viewsstevec

Brexit Argument Over on 19:22 - May 18 by stumbleandfall

I'm not really for or against brexit, just despise the figures most vocal for it.

Portugal kept its lights on with renewable energy alone for four consecutive days last week in a clean energy milestone. Electricity consumption in the country was fully covered by solar, wind and hydro power in an extraordinary 107-hour run that lasted from 6.45am on Saturday 7 May until 5.45pm the following Wednesday, the analysis says creating zero emissions. Portugal’s clean energy surge has been spurred by the EU’s renewable targets for 2020.

Brilliant news. Cheers my heart there is hope for us yet. Strongly believe alliances such as the EU make this possible.

Does that mean they're stumbling around in the dark for the other 361 days?
Brexit Argument Over on 19:28 - May 18 with 1148 viewsTheBlob

I thought Portugal was skint.
Their exposure to derivatives is massive.
[Post edited 18 May 2016 19:31]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit Argument Over on 19:31 - May 18 with 1139 viewsstevec

Brexit Argument Over on 19:28 - May 18 by TheBlob

Not now they've turned the lights off
Brexit Argument Over on 19:33 - May 18 with 1130 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Argument Over on 19:31 - May 18 by stevec

Not now they've turned the lights off

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Argument Over on 19:35 - May 18 with 1125 viewsstumbleandfall

Brexit Argument Over on 19:28 - May 18 by TheBlob

EU grants put towards good use shock.
Brexit Argument Over on 19:36 - May 18 with 1123 viewsDylanP

The reason that almost every economic and social organization supports staying in Europe is because it would be absolute madness to leave. It would go against every economic interest that the country has and has no particular benefits.

Apart from "not liking Johnny foreigner telling us what to do" nobody has even tried to articulate any good that would come out of leaving the EU. The harm that it would do to the economy are obvious and plentiful.

1. Not being in the duty free zone that is called the EU means that prices of all imported goods would immediately increase by the price of those duties. That is guaranteed and undeniable. You need some pretty good babble to get around that obvious truth.

2. Likewise, any British exports would immediately become subject to those duties as they enter European countries -- meaning that British imports would become more expensive and therefore less attractive. Reasonably, that would put a pretty big hit on British imports, costing lots of jobs.

Right off the bat, leaving the EU is guaranteed to increase inflation and increase unemployment at the same time. There is no way round either of those impact and anyone who tells you there is, is pulling your leg.

3. Britain has almost no natural resources left, right. Coal is basically gone, North sea oil will be gone soon. Our manufacturing base is struggling mightily. The one industry that keeps Britain afloat is financial services. If Britain exits the EU, that economic foundation will be severely at risk. Why would international financial traders continue to trade through London, which will be outside the EU and therefore more expensive? I can't think of any reason. Everything is online these days and it is no problem to switch from London to Berlin. Obviously, this is a risk. Nobody knows what will actually happen. However, there is a high likelihood that the market will assume that will happen and will start to discount shares as a result, which would likely lead to a downturn in the stockmarket.

Against those economic risks to Britain, "don't want Johnny foreigner telling me what to do" seems like a very weak argument.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Brexit Argument Over on 19:37 - May 18 with 1119 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Argument Over on 19:35 - May 18 by stumbleandfall

EU grants put towards good use shock.

They'll soon spunk that up against the wall.

Brexit Argument Over on 20:50 - May 18 with 1062 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Argument Over on 19:36 - May 18 by DylanP

The reason that almost every economic and social organization supports staying in Europe is because it would be absolute madness to leave. It would go against every economic interest that the country has and has no particular benefits.

Apart from "not liking Johnny foreigner telling us what to do" nobody has even tried to articulate any good that would come out of leaving the EU. The harm that it would do to the economy are obvious and plentiful.

1. Not being in the duty free zone that is called the EU means that prices of all imported goods would immediately increase by the price of those duties. That is guaranteed and undeniable. You need some pretty good babble to get around that obvious truth.

2. Likewise, any British exports would immediately become subject to those duties as they enter European countries -- meaning that British imports would become more expensive and therefore less attractive. Reasonably, that would put a pretty big hit on British imports, costing lots of jobs.

Right off the bat, leaving the EU is guaranteed to increase inflation and increase unemployment at the same time. There is no way round either of those impact and anyone who tells you there is, is pulling your leg.

3. Britain has almost no natural resources left, right. Coal is basically gone, North sea oil will be gone soon. Our manufacturing base is struggling mightily. The one industry that keeps Britain afloat is financial services. If Britain exits the EU, that economic foundation will be severely at risk. Why would international financial traders continue to trade through London, which will be outside the EU and therefore more expensive? I can't think of any reason. Everything is online these days and it is no problem to switch from London to Berlin. Obviously, this is a risk. Nobody knows what will actually happen. However, there is a high likelihood that the market will assume that will happen and will start to discount shares as a result, which would likely lead to a downturn in the stockmarket.

Against those economic risks to Britain, "don't want Johnny foreigner telling me what to do" seems like a very weak argument.

Dylan . with the greatest of respect your whole post is wide of the mark . Even the Remainers could pull it apart ,

It is a 2 year process to leave so nothing happens "immediately ". Then WTO rules would kick in . By then we will have some trade agreements in place and dozens more in progress many with markets the EU does have deals in place with .

The EU market has not grown since 2006 , other markets are more attractive to us

If you think anyone in the world could replace the City of London financial centre you are mistaken, financiers deal through us for much more reasons than being in the EU , Canary Wharf alone is bigger than the whole of the Frankfurt financial district.

We have fantastic entrepreneurs here , the best Universitys , the best trained armed forces . We may be tiny on the map , look at the numbers

Are you still in America? , if so again with respect you are not qualified to talk about the immigration issue , when your kids are in a class trying to learn with classmates who speak a dozen different languages you may have an idea.

I would never refer to an immigrant as " Johnny Foreigner" I would deserve pelters if I did .
Have you got any more failed Presidents to send? , the last one who came boosted the out campaign2 or 3 points . I think he understands what the British people feel about being threatened now .
[Post edited 18 May 2016 20:52]
Brexit Argument Over on 20:56 - May 18 with 1054 viewsdaveB

Brexit Argument Over on 17:53 - May 18 by essextaxiboy

If you have a limitless supply of labour that are happy to work for the minimum wage as its more than they would get at home then thats the level of wages that will be paid .Why pay more ? .
Stop that labour supply and employers will compete for the available labour with higher wages and better conditions .Supply and demand .

nice idea but not sure being out of the EU will mean we stop bringing in cheap labour from abroad
Brexit Argument Over on 21:00 - May 18 with 1045 viewsDannytheR

Brexit Argument Over on 20:50 - May 18 by essextaxiboy

Dylan . with the greatest of respect your whole post is wide of the mark . Even the Remainers could pull it apart ,

It is a 2 year process to leave so nothing happens "immediately ". Then WTO rules would kick in . By then we will have some trade agreements in place and dozens more in progress many with markets the EU does have deals in place with .

The EU market has not grown since 2006 , other markets are more attractive to us

If you think anyone in the world could replace the City of London financial centre you are mistaken, financiers deal through us for much more reasons than being in the EU , Canary Wharf alone is bigger than the whole of the Frankfurt financial district.

We have fantastic entrepreneurs here , the best Universitys , the best trained armed forces . We may be tiny on the map , look at the numbers

Are you still in America? , if so again with respect you are not qualified to talk about the immigration issue , when your kids are in a class trying to learn with classmates who speak a dozen different languages you may have an idea.

I would never refer to an immigrant as " Johnny Foreigner" I would deserve pelters if I did .
Have you got any more failed Presidents to send? , the last one who came boosted the out campaign2 or 3 points . I think he understands what the British people feel about being threatened now .
[Post edited 18 May 2016 20:52]

My kid's in a London classroom with plenty of other kids who don't speak English as a first language. Most of them are the hardest working and most ambitious kids there.

We did have a knife incident last term, which I was pretty shocked by - white English kid, FWIW.

Bit rich having a pop at Americans telling British people what to do. Which citizenship did Murdoch take out? Wasn't British, was it?
Brexit Argument Over on 21:04 - May 18 with 1044 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Argument Over on 20:56 - May 18 by daveB

nice idea but not sure being out of the EU will mean we stop bringing in cheap labour from abroad

We will only take what we need , Hairdressers , Midwives , Builders if we need builders .

We wont take people who come on a 9.95 flight with Ryanair and then punt themselves around , probably get exploited by employers and keep wages down.

A points and visa system like in OZ will mean we take what we need
Brexit Argument Over on 21:15 - May 18 with 1031 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit Argument Over on 21:00 - May 18 by DannytheR

My kid's in a London classroom with plenty of other kids who don't speak English as a first language. Most of them are the hardest working and most ambitious kids there.

We did have a knife incident last term, which I was pretty shocked by - white English kid, FWIW.

Bit rich having a pop at Americans telling British people what to do. Which citizenship did Murdoch take out? Wasn't British, was it?

So you reckon that a teacher with a class of 100% English speaking pupils has just the same job as one with a dozen different languages and no English at all ? Really ?

I didnt mention violence at all ?

Whats Murdoch got to do with a failed President lecturing us .?

I picked up a missionary from a flight from San Diego yesterday and she said she thought the USA would take years to recover . When we want advice from a dud I think we could just ask .
Brexit Argument Over on 21:26 - May 18 with 1004 viewsessextaxiboy

In April 2011, Portugal confirmed the receipt of a financial bailout from the IMF and the European Union worth €78 billion ($115 billion, £70 billion).

And all they bought with it was some lousy windmills

When someone spends money without earning it , someone else has earnt it it but not been able to spend it .. and probably produced a bit of carbon doing so.
[Post edited 18 May 2016 21:28]
Brexit Argument Over on 21:32 - May 18 with 993 viewsDannytheR

Brexit Argument Over on 21:15 - May 18 by essextaxiboy

So you reckon that a teacher with a class of 100% English speaking pupils has just the same job as one with a dozen different languages and no English at all ? Really ?

I didnt mention violence at all ?

Whats Murdoch got to do with a failed President lecturing us .?

I picked up a missionary from a flight from San Diego yesterday and she said she thought the USA would take years to recover . When we want advice from a dud I think we could just ask .

I've got a kid in a London state school, my wife's a teacher and a lot of my friends are or have been too. There's huge pressure on teachers in this country and there's a lot that concerns me about the education my kid gets. NONE of that is to do with the volume of non-English speaking kids. It doesn't worry me in the slightest. Academically, it doesn't cause a problem. Behaviourally, it's striking how it's the immigrant kids who want to do well and also how their parents don't blame everyone else if their children perform poorly.

Like any parent I want the absolute best for my son, and I'm fine with the number of immigrant kids at his school. I like there being a lot of different cultures around him. That's what London is about. (And Rangers, last time I checked, were a London team).

I'm British with a lot of family connections to schools. Don't make out you speak for me. You really don't.

And Murdoch's an American just like Obama. Only difference is that as a Sun reader you actually pay for his lectures. (Oh, and Obama was never involved in hacking a dead girl's phone).
[Post edited 18 May 2016 21:40]
Brexit Argument Over on 21:46 - May 18 with 967 viewsderbyhoop

Brexit Argument Over on 19:36 - May 18 by DylanP

All relevant points.

And as for the EU being unelected. The major decisions are taken you by the Council of Ministers, which includes Cameron (elected), Merkel (elected), Hollande (elected) and the elected heads of 25 other countries. The elected national governments appoint EU Commissioners, like we appoint senior civil servants. Any laws proposed by commissioners are subject to scrutiny by the elected European Parliament and, finally, the elected Westminster Parliament. It's not perfect but it's every bit as good as a system where 35% of the popular vote gives you almost unlimited power; where 1 party gets 4m votes and 1 MP, while another gets 3.5m votes and 56 MPs..

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:48 - May 18 with 960 views1BobbyHazell

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:33 - May 18 by johncharles

Is that why Boris wants us out ? Is he championing the ordinary man against the evil of globalised finance and Murdoch's treacherous empire ? Perhaps I've miss judged him.
The fat bastard.

Boris wants 'out' because that's what he's been told to want! It's called having a foot in both camps. Do you really believe that the two Bullingdon boys groomed and instructed for decades and placed in power by the Elite people and organisations who really run things are actually suddenly at loggerheads over such a major issue? I expected more from you John. Boris is there just in case an out vote wins so that, as you rightly point out, he can carry on representing the Elite financial and corporate powers that placed him there. If you'd actually read what I've been saying all along you'd know that my wanting 'out' is only the first step to us having any chance of reclaiming our power and democracy back from the very organisations that you and I both know currently run it. This will require us creating situations that involve a bit more than 'which Bullingdon Boy are you backing?'
Brexit Argument Over on 21:53 - May 18 with 949 viewsQPRDave

Brexit Argument Over on 21:26 - May 18 by essextaxiboy

In April 2011, Portugal confirmed the receipt of a financial bailout from the IMF and the European Union worth €78 billion ($115 billion, £70 billion).

When someone spends money without earning it , someone else has earnt it it but not been able to spend it .. and probably produced a bit of carbon doing so.

You doing a fine job Essex.
I don't understand the all the Boris, Farage, Gove etc, "they have an agenda" when the opposing lot have Cameron,Osborne and Corbyn in their "team"
The former pair have sat back and literally roasted this country and schemed their mates and themselves a very comfortable lifestyle with an arrogance that only the bullingdon boys, know how.
As for Corbyn....well, what's made him change his mind from being a euro sceptic all his life?
I wonder, could it be money?
Brexit Argument Over on 21:54 - May 18 with 945 viewsTheBlob

Brexit Argument Over on 21:26 - May 18 by essextaxiboy

You're in trouble when socialists run out of other peoples' money.

I find it amazing that so many people are falling over themselves to grasp a chalice patently overflowing with poison.If this mess gets the approval then you've got nobody to blame but yourselves,and I don't want to hear anybody from that camp moaning about how shit life has become.

Brexit Argument Over on 22:21 - May 18 with 918 viewsDiscodroids

hopefully we shall get to see Actors such as Rufus hound, Martin freeman, Benedict Cumberbatch and Jude law etc etc adding some much needed clarity to the debate over the next few weeks by telling us how to vote, as they do for general elections.

Having spent their formative years in Dorothy Perkins Denier Tights and harnessing a remedial ability to recycle passages of 'Martin Chuzzlewit' whilst holding an arthur c clarke skull at arms length, i eagerly await their analysis of being chained to the EU Fiscal carrion corpse.

I also see that the Toothy Idiot Savant and 2016 answer to Derek Nimmo ,Tim Farron and Poison Ivy Caroline Lucas are campaigning together for 'remain' Today. A Guinness book of world records Entry if ever there was, for 'Most inconsequential pairing since Bernie Winters teamed up with his slobbering gelded Mute Beast , Schnorbitz.'

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Brexit Argument Over on 22:27 - May 18 with 903 viewsDannytheR

Brexit Argument Over on 22:21 - May 18 by Discodroids

hopefully we shall get to see Actors such as Rufus hound, Martin freeman, Benedict Cumberbatch and Jude law etc etc adding some much needed clarity to the debate over the next few weeks by telling us how to vote, as they do for general elections.

Having spent their formative years in Dorothy Perkins Denier Tights and harnessing a remedial ability to recycle passages of 'Martin Chuzzlewit' whilst holding an arthur c clarke skull at arms length, i eagerly await their analysis of being chained to the EU Fiscal carrion corpse.

I also see that the Toothy Idiot Savant and 2016 answer to Derek Nimmo ,Tim Farron and Poison Ivy Caroline Lucas are campaigning together for 'remain' Today. A Guinness book of world records Entry if ever there was, for 'Most inconsequential pairing since Bernie Winters teamed up with his slobbering gelded Mute Beast , Schnorbitz.'

Cheer up. You've still got Katie Hopkins and Sol Campbell.
[Post edited 18 May 2016 22:30]
Brexit Argument Over on 22:35 - May 18 with 887 viewsDiscodroids

Brexit Argument Over on 22:27 - May 18 by DannytheR

Cheer up. You've still got Katie Hopkins and Sol Campbell.
[Post edited 18 May 2016 22:30]

I see remain have got my old mate from Brentwood , Joey Essex.

Vote Reem-ain

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024